PDA

View Full Version : another 10+ year old rant

Tumdumm
01-06-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.anti-linearlogic.com/acrobat/EQ_Analysis.pdf

found this while trying to find details on testament of veneer quest that doesn't trigger my school's firewall

yeah, its really long. and hardly relevant, seeing as how back then people payed to play. but still, someone took the time to type it out, figured id take the 2 seconds to link it up

Extunarian
01-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I wonder if this person was at all aware that there was a Presidential election dispute going on while they researched and constructed this document.

AexDestroy
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
yeah, its really long. and hardly relevant

Thanks for the heads up.

Cars
01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
First off Aexdestroy that avatar is hilarious. Second off this paper is a waste of time. I played on Rodcet on live from launch until luclin and this kid is just butt hurt. I was in shite guilds for most of it and we were getting boss kills sometimes when it should have probably been never.

AexDestroy
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
haha yeah I thought so too, thanks.

Nocte
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I wonder if this person was at all aware that there was a Presidential election dispute going on while they researched and constructed this document.

[like]

Vonkaar
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
cliff notes: I'm an antisocial baby and want everything handed to me.

Alawen Everywhere
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I think he's right about why EQ eventually failed. Staring at spawn points isn't fun. Making enemies online isn't all that fun unless you are a high functioning sociopath. It was an interesting analysis.

guineapig
01-06-2011, 03:06 PM
The guy brought up some valid points. I don't 100% agree with him. But it basically sums up any MMO where there is a way for groups of people to compete against each other.

Alkorin
01-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Most of his points are valid, but he also clearly wasn't in the "I Can" part of EQ.

Nealio
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Pretty much dead on for Rodcet Nife. Forsaken, Ascent, AoD all just waltzed right in to any boss encounter and over ran whatever guild/group was already there. Rogosh from Forsaken would lead his 40 members straight through any group/raid to get to an objective, wiping them in the process. So many "server firsts" on Rodcet came on the backs of "lesser" guilds who were wiped by the "uber guild" from behind.

And the GM's response was to not respond.

When people pay to play a mmo, they pay to have the game developed, to facilitate the games continued existence, and to have the online experience regulated in such a way that their "money's worth" is accommodated. Verant failed to address this, Sony even moreso. WoW is now suffering the same fate.

Having played on Rodcet Nife from 99 thru PoT in casual guilds and uber guilds I find the observations in that report dead on in pretty much every aspect.