PDA

View Full Version : Make EQ Look Significantly Better Graphically.

Pages : [1] 2

Psycher
01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
5/31/2014 - All new (and old) projects will be posted at my forum I created. Visit it here P1999 Graphical mods (http://modp99.forumotion.com/) Recent updates to my forum: Akanon completely retextured

I know most people prefer this classic server to appear 100% classic, and although the blurry nostalgic memories of bad textures are nice for a bit, I have found a way to upgrade your textures which significantly improve your visual experience. (currently working on an even larger improvement)

A lot of people have the idea that EQ Titanium already comes with the new textures (I believe Lucin brought these new textures) However, they do not for whatever reason (probably to save space, the new zone files are much bigger in file size)

From 2001: "EverQuest was first released in 1999 with low-resolution 32x32 textures. EverQuest: The Shadows of Luclin will feature 256x256 textures, with some as large as 512x512. The higher-resolution textures will make the game's online fantasy world look more detailed and lifelike. Sony also released new screenshots showing off some of the game's environments using the higher-resolution textures. " - Gamespot.com

So how does one get these new textures?

TUTORIAL:

1.) (optional) Back-up all current .s3d files in your Everquest folder (sort file types by using details view in windows)
2.) Download Textures: http://p99.yourfirefly.com/ (thanks to norova for hosting)

3.) extract RAR to EQ folder C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest (rewrite all)

and you're done! easy right?

-----------------------------------------------
Update 9/8/2013:

Updated character textures
If you're interested in upgrading your character textures, go here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121490

-----------------------------------------------

Texture Comparison:
1. ) In Felwithe: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/65885
2.) Qeynos
- Before :
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scenery/qeynos2-entrance.jpg

- after :
http://soulfighter2.free.fr/EQ000060.jpg

Screen shots in Freeport (new textures):
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4316770082_cb16a135c9_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4316770174_a920f49d0f_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4316036685_c61e1a9605_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2756/4316037195_db445e20dc_o.jpg

(If anyone has texture comparison pictures with kunark, post it and ill add it. I have tested a couple zones and there is clearly a noticeable (good) difference, and the zones are a bit larger in file size just as the old world)

Zordana
01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
wtb screenshots of befor and after :>

daxius
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
yea any SS of what the difference is?

Droxx
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I just downloaded it, I'll see if i can get some before/after screenies.

Vanech
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
!

I've been trying to figure out how to get the higher resolution texture files for a while now, as my older install disks are on the other side of the country, thanks!

Yellow
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
if i see that this is important to do ill change until then no

Wikipedia2
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
They did this right before luclin came out iirc.

Don't remember any sort of complaining about it at the time, I think most people liked the texture update.

Goobles
01-30-2010, 03:20 PM
I can just tell that the graphics are a lot better detailed. Thanks for the info dude.

Spud
01-30-2010, 05:22 PM
I know most people prefer this classic server to appear 100% classic, and although the blurry nostalgic memories of bad textures are nice for a bit, I have found a way to upgrade your textures which significantly improve your visual experience.

A lot of people have the idea that EQ Titanium already comes with the new textures (I believe Lucin brought these new textures) However, they do not for whatever reason (probably to save space, the new zone files are much bigger in file size)

So how does one get these new textures?

1.) Simply download the free version of EverQuest Trilogy linked here: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/content.vm?page=Download
(http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/content.vm?page=Download)
2.) install the game in a different directory then your P1999 EQ titanium directory

3.) Do not run EQ trilogy, open the trilogy directory and sort the folder to view all .s3d files (details view in windows)

4.) Open your project1999 directory and backup your .s3d files just in case of any issues (especially lavastorm and nekulous, I haven’t tested them yet)

5.) After you’ve backed up your files, replace your P1999 .s3d files with your Trilogy files ( drag and drop or copy and paste)

6.) That’s it, now you can delete the Trilogy install files and download files

It might seem like a ridiculous silly process but i found that its very much worth it. Just to reiterate, make sure you back up the files, i have not tested every zone, but so far no issues while traveling around, if there is an issue with a zone, just replace that zone with the back up.

Screen shots:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4316770082_cb16a135c9_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4316770174_a920f49d0f_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4316036685_c61e1a9605_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2756/4316037195_db445e20dc_o.jpg

Nicely done sir

Caspin
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Thank you!

karsten
01-30-2010, 05:49 PM
i'd do it but man that'd just KILL my immersion

Anuril
01-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks!

Zobex
01-30-2010, 08:18 PM
just tried it out. the difference is quite nice

maximum
01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Interesting! Has anyone noticed slower zoning or performance?

Psycher
01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Interesting! Has anyone noticed slower zoning or performance?

There may be a slightly longer loading period due to the zone files being larger, however i have not noticed any issues with the new zones or any longer of a wait. The Textures are still pretty bad compared to modern gaming, but its a big step from the original zones.

guineapig
01-31-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm thinking of trying this. Anyone else want to submit a review or some before/after pics?

lazual
01-31-2010, 03:09 AM
just did it, worked fine, looks quite a bit better.

guineapig
01-31-2010, 11:13 AM
patch time is the perfect time to try this. Downloading now and already did a backup of all my original SD3 files!

Will get back to you with results and comparisons!!!

Cubehacker
01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
In my opinion, this actually made the game look worse. But that might have something to do with the fact that I was so used to looking at the original textures for 3+ years, that the "upgrades" looked worse because they were so different.

Vanech
01-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, I must say cities with lots of cobblestone etc. look extremely nice with the larger resolution images, but it seems as if something is still missing file-wise, as the grass textures appear to not be changed. I distinctly recall exclaiming to a buddy of mine in tells about the crispness of the new ground textures in butcher when I installed Luclin back in the day (on Live).

It may just be that the larger ground textures weren't made available with the trilogy set, but were present on the Luclin expansion CDs. From what I've read, SoF comes with the newer textures but the Titanium install does not, despite the fact that the initial changes were made a few expansions before the Titanium pack.

Dyne
02-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, I must say cities with lots of cobblestone etc. look extremely nice with the larger resolution images, but it seems as if something is still missing file-wise, as the grass textures appear to not be changed. I distinctly recall exclaiming to a buddy of mine in tells about the crispness of the new ground textures in butcher when I installed Luclin back in the day (on Live).

It may just be that the larger ground textures weren't made available with the trilogy set, but were present on the Luclin expansion CDs. From what I've read, SoF comes with the newer textures but the Titanium install does not, despite the fact that the initial changes were made a few expansions before the Titanium pack.

I just tested this out for myself, and my ground textures have been completely changed over, grass and all. :)

Vanech
02-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Huh, my eyesight must be giving out on me!

Toboggan
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Seeing as I have both Titanium and SoF, does that mean I can bypass the Trilogy download and just copy the s3d files from a SoF installation for the higher res textures?

Psycher
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Seeing as I have both Titanium and SoF, does that mean I can bypass the Trilogy download and just copy the s3d files from a SoF installation for the higher res textures?

Your best bet would be to view the file size of a random zone, say Gfay, .s3d file and see whether or not the file size is bigger in SoF compared to Titanium, if the size is the same then you wont see any differences, if bigger its probably the same as the trilogy.

Vonyor
02-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm torn, I think the upgraded textures are a perfect addition to the game. On the other hand I want to be able to show my screenshots to people and them think "was that really taken back in day"?

Cheech
02-02-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm torn, I think the upgraded textures are a perfect addition to the game. On the other hand I want to be able to show my screenshots to people and them think "was that really taken back in day"? ^ This. why would you want this? This is classic eq. Its surposed to look crappy.

HarmoniumGuard
02-02-2010, 06:21 AM
I like it. I always thought if Sony ever made an EQ Classic server they could just polish up the graphics a bit, and that's all this really is.

My big question is can any other older models be scavenged from this? Could this fix the female High Elf with missing parts of her head? Or the helmets with visors that have just a colorless gray texture where the eye-hole should be? Or the halflings wearing plate with holes in it?

Soulfighter
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
before/after screenshot as requested

Shads
02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Ok do not try this with a live up to date patched game folder.:eek:

I coppied all the S3d files from live and backed up all the s3d files in my p1999 eq folder and replaced them with the live coppies. Almost every mob in the game is a naked male human... Coyotee's, Scarabs, Mummies, specs, sg's, skellies, bears, wolves, cats, hg's and who know what else. However the Croc/gator graphic was normal :cool:

Scrooge
02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
This is NICE! Great find Psycher! Only thing I dont get is, why would the textures from Trilogy be BETTER than textures from Titanium? It's like ass-backwards lol

phantom
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to say I did this and I'm happy with it. The non-city texture changes (like grass) are somewhat more subtle than the city changes but overall it's a nice effect.

I have several additional suggestions, maybe add to original post:
1. When installing Trilogy, de-select Kunark and Velious to save yourself a bit of time on the install and the copy.

2. There is an easy way to make backups of just the files you're replacing, instead of all of them (so as not to waste disk space).

A. Select all the s3d files from Titatium and move them to Trilogy, selecting "No to All" / "Don't Replace" when prompted.
B. The remaining s3d files in Titanium will be the ones you are replacing, as they are duplicates of the ones in Trilogy. Make a backup directory and move them all there.
C. Move all the s3d files from Trilogy to Titanium.

Note: This does NOT take into account the two broken zones, so don't ask me if you need to keep them or not, I don't know, but it's easy enough to copy them back from the backup dir if you need to. Also, it would be interesting to compare the gequip, bmp files, character files to see if they're the same size or different, although probably any changes are irrelevent for Trilogy / Classic era content anyway.

3. Enabling / disabling luclin models doesn't matter for the character models, but it DOES change the elemental models. I happen to like the new elemental models, so I have this enabled.

Scrooge
02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I like the newer elemental models also, only problem with that is targetting mobs under the new model can often prove difficult...

guineapig
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I like the newer elemental models also, only problem with that is targetting mobs under the new model can often prove difficult...

Try using tab to scroll through all close targets. It's an essential tool for crowd control

Scrooge
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Normally that'd be ok, but when you're in a situation where every second counts...!!

Rogean
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Has anyone experienced any problems with this? If not, I'll toss it up just the needed files for download and add it to the optional section of the start up guide.

vageta31
02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I tried it this weekend and had no issues and must say it was a noticeable improvement in most non city zones as well. Rathe Mountains looks very different, as does even Oasis. This effects tree textures as well as sand, grass, walls, etc.. The entrance to Guk from Innothule was vastly different looking and surprised me the first time I ran up.

I love classic the classic feel but don't mind some minor texture upgrades which this provides.

guineapig
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Has anyone experienced any problems with this? If not, I'll toss it up just the needed files for download and add it to the optional section of the start up guide.

No problems at all since I swapped files and it's a lot easier on my eyes too.
I would recommend it to those that experience eye strain while playing.

Soulfighter
02-08-2010, 10:56 AM
i have a problem, neriak's grass is waaay too green :(

Psycher
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Posted RAR for easy install.

L2Phantom
02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Thank you Psycher! DL'ing now.

drplump
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Just installed this using the rar and it looks really nice thanks.

Agachak
02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Posted RAR for easy install.
Where?

Psycher
02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
on first topic post, but here to: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDIFVCGZ

Agachak
02-13-2010, 03:34 PM
thanks psycher

NavyKnight
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
That list is missing Paineel and possiby a couple others (I haven't taken the time to figure it out). But I do know that when I used these new zones, the option for making a necro or SK Erudite was lost.

BitS
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
That list is missing Paineel and possiby a couple others (I haven't taken the time to figure it out). But I do know that when I used these new zones, the option for making a necro or SK Erudite was lost.

can someone double check on the fix for this? its good i backed up my files.

drplump
02-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Unzipped this over my directory replacing everything and I can still make erudite SK and Necro.

ssyrax82
02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
I was hesitant to do this at first, but honestly, I like it, now I don't feel like I should be wearing glasses all the time.

Psycher
02-18-2010, 09:18 AM
thanks for testing the zip for me drplump, I honestly haven't tested it, however I used the exact files that are used in the previous tutorial to make the zip. There honestly shouldn't be any issues in making any classes or anything of that nature, the only files in the zip that you replace are zone texture files, nothing to do with the game client itself.

whitebandit
03-04-2010, 12:21 AM
So is this working correctly as of now? Some people were saying something about some zones missing?

guineapig
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
can someone double check on the fix for this? its good i backed up my files.

The textures being changed should have nothing to do with your ability to make a necro or SK Erudite.

Makeda
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Thank you !
You gonna make my day :)

Cscott
03-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Installed this a few days ago and it looks fantastic. Fighting zombies and skeletons at night with the lights out on my flat screen is pretty intense!

Makeda
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Drool !

Makeda
03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I tested it, work fine, I love it ! Thank you :)

Necran
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Is the same going to be made available for Kunark and Velious zones? I may be prematurely asking this. I ask only because I notice the files are only vanilla zones.

Psycher
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
When kunark comes out, ill be sure to update the files.

xblade724
03-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Confirmed not buggy and beautifully appealing. The druid rings and the trees alone + grass and .. everything, it's a dramatic difference. Lesser Faydark actually looks like a real forest with massive trees and cool grass

Now, how do I choose what luclin models I turn on? Like .. I liked the dark elf upgrade, but no the ogre.

PearlJammzz
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Luclin models are blocked (thank god!). You can, however, turn on Velious clothing textures.

Dominyon
03-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Awesome post, makes absolutely no sense why expansions/collections released after luclin would lack the higher res textures though.

MATPHAT
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
While I think that the classic player models are the best, I kind of do miss the remodeled trolls and ogres.

Lonedrahon25
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
You can select to have the remodeled races within the EQ Options inside your Everquest folder. As well as mage pets and such. I prefer all old models though, ill never forget the lvl 49 beeeeeffffyyyy mage fire pet slaying Guards in Freeport...Ohh the days.

xblade724
03-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Luclin models are blocked (thank god!). You can, however, turn on Velious clothing textures.

Oooh.. how do you do this

PearlJammzz
03-05-2010, 09:21 PM
There is a thread on here. The textures won't do anything till Velious, but it's nice to have em on. Search Velious Armor, and it links to a thread w/ a link that has example of the armors and such.

xblade724
03-06-2010, 06:42 AM

Ooh how do you turn on velious clothing

Hmm, I may have found it myself. eqclient.ini LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE is this it? I'm not going to test it because for some ungodly reason I'm still up @ 5:45am. Bed time. I'll test tomorrow.

Necran
03-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Good to know, thanks Psycher.

xblade724
03-08-2010, 04:31 AM
if i see that this is important to do ill change until then no

lol what kind of comment is this? This is called a waste of reading.

What do you even mean by "important" - it's optional content that increases texture graphics. If you want nicer textures, then get it - if not, don't. It's "importance" to p1999 is irrelevant, as it's based on personal preference.

As for the OP - great job, I'm using them and it's great!

Haish
03-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Nice find, thanks again! Looks awsome =)

Nedala
04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Hmm i added the new texture files to my eq directory but it hasnt changed anything, anyone know why that could be?

Caere
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Doing this right now.

EDIT: I got in game and my jaw dropped at how huge the difference is, thanks!

PearlJammzz
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I am in the process of downloading this, and installing it. Should give us an idea of what files are needed for the Classic-Velious era, and which of the files in our install are for extra BS that's not needed.

I will be trying this all out soon enough :).

Psycher
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
All files in the zip contain new zone files for all the zones that are currently available in project1999. No zones released as an expansion are in the zip.

If you are having problems making this work check the following:
1.) Did you properly extract the zone files and overwrite the old ones? if you did not get prompt to overwrite, you probably did it wrong.
2.) Run "OptionsEditor.exe" in your EQ directory. Make sure you do not have "texture compression" checked, and make sure you have your texture quality listed as "high"

YendorLootmonkey
04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I can't wait to try this out. You know, when SOMEONE STOPS BEING A JACKASS WITH THAT WHOLE DDOS THING.

Mordachai
04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I can't wait to try this out. You know, when SOMEONE STOPS BEING A JACKASS WITH THAT WHOLE DDOS THING.

the difference is pretty cool :)

where are you at when the server comes up? brene and I have been hanging out around crushbone, you must join us

YendorLootmonkey
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
the difference is pretty cool :)

where are you at when the server comes up? brene and I have been hanging out around crushbone, you must join us

And miss out on leet gnoll fang xp?? Followed by mad phat plat from Wisp Isle?? Nonsense!

Bhutt
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
It's a tarp Yendor! Mord is friends with Fansy, I have proof!

Mordachai
04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
pft :(

Fansy sounds very familiar though, why?!

Nedala
04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
No zones released as an expansion are in the zip.

2.) Run "OptionsEditor.exe" in your EQ directory. Make sure you do not have "texture compression" checked, and make sure you have your texture quality listed as "high"

Veksar is involved in your files.

The texture compression was checked, i hope this was my problem and the new files work now, would love to try it....

Bhutt
04-08-2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Mordachai
04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

I remember that now and it was hilarious, probably because it didn't happen to me!

However, I did notice:

[Thu Jun 06 14:09:42 2002] Nilbog has been slain by Priest of Discord!

;)

Nedala
04-17-2010, 02:24 PM

i tried this; and it caused a problem to me i finally hat to reinstall eq. I tried it again (to make sure this was the problem) and the same thing happened again.

andymc1980
04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
tried this while server was down, just finally got back on and its awesome!!! thanks psycher!!!!!

Tual
04-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Not sure what's wrong.
Texture compression is off, texture quality high.

Backup up ALL s3d files and replaced the files. When I try and log into the server, screens flash and eventually it just shuts down.

UPDATE: When I went into EqOptions.exe I also changed the resolution, resetting it back to the lowest and then once ingame to the resolution wanted fixed the issue.

dali_lb
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Tried these things out and here is what i noticed:

1. Zone load time raises (logically
2. More common that zoning will freeze client

IF you do these things, you should stick with one of the 2 options.

Either use the Trilogy version or the zip file provided.

I tried to be smart and used a copy program that could check wich file was the biggest, when deciding if to override or not ...
(there actually is some files in the titanium version that is larger than both the zip fil and the trilogy version)

well obvious .. DONT DO THIS !!! :eek:

Heh... it screwed up various zones like NEK ... looked nice but I kinda got annoyed by the floating fires all over zone without any torches :p

So use any of the 2 versions and stick with override all, cause it is 3 different versions and the zone files (world+object) need to mach and not be from 2 different versions

Lonedrahon25
05-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Just did this and all i can say is OMG wow, what a difference. Looks 100% better.

oldhead
05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
good thread but will stick to old textures.

lumin
05-12-2010, 06:32 PM
You can select to have the remodeled races within the EQ Options inside your Everquest folder. As well as mage pets and such. I prefer all old models though, ill never forget the lvl 49 beeeeeffffyyyy mage fire pet slaying Guards in Freeport...Ohh the days.

I like the old models more as well, but I know a few people that prefer the newer ones. Where exactly in the EverQuest folder do you enable the new models to be used in place of the old ones?

lumin
05-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Also, about a month ago someone posted a link to a zip file (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=50207&postcount=24) on this thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6075&highlight=velious+armor) with a batch file which will load Velious models into P1999. It appears that the rapidshare link no longer works, does anyone have a link to the complete file for use?

Edit: Nevermind, I went ahead and did it myself the long way. I dont see any difference though.

spartus
05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
How exactly are you backing them up? do you extract .s3d files from the download link you gave us and copy paste them in? or do we manually change them one by one? sorry im confused

Malrubius
05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
How exactly are you backing them up? do you extract .s3d files from the download link you gave us and copy paste them in? or do we manually change them one by one? sorry im confused

Move (don't just copy) all of your existing .s3d files to another directory (for example, old_textures).

Then, when there are no .s3d files left in your EQ directory, unzip the new .s3d files files into your EQ directory.

spartus
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks Mal!

spartus
05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh was there any follow up corrections i have to make like bugs or anything to look out for once i put the zip files in?

spartus
05-13-2010, 11:51 PM
ok i need help can someone meet me on aim or something lol?

basfa
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
just testing this and from what i've seen so far it looks much better. i'll certainly stick with it for the time being. many thanks for this.

Senadin
05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Is it me or is Nektulos an issue? All i am seeing is nothing! As if i was under the world, yet i clearly can see other player zoning in....

youthzero
05-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I just installed and, wow! it looks great! now all i want is to see the new model textures or even new models. please let us do that at least?!!!

Paxton
06-25-2010, 01:58 AM
Shameless bump. Really glad I found this. Downloading now.

Smoo
06-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Thanks for bumping this I have been looking for this thread.. I hope I can make it work :)

twincannon
06-25-2010, 08:35 AM
I just installed and, wow! it looks great! now all i want is to see the new model textures or even new models. please let us do that at least?!!!

no, they are horrible and I don't want anyone viewing my character with that crap enabled

Live4Redline
06-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I like this... makes the game slightly more appealing for thous who are having a hard time getting adjusted to the extreme graphic flash back.

* I have to admit... my first day on the server did cause my eye's to hurt and I started getting a pretty mean head ache that even two extra strength Tylenol couldn't fix. But by day two I had adjusted. =)

Skeletonya
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Nice. Thank you so much :D

http://i46.tinypic.com/64pcau.jpg

Zorpa
06-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Wow, what a difference. Thanks!

stormlord
06-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice. Thank you so much :D

**SKIP BIG IMAGE**
I concur. Wow! Looks great. Didn't know it could look so good.

stormlord
06-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I like the old models more as well, but I know a few people that prefer the newer ones. Where exactly in the EverQuest folder do you enable the new models to be used in place of the old ones?

WTB feature that turns on new/old model for a character dependent on which one that character has selected. So if halfelfA has the old one selected, you see the old one. If halfelfB has the new one selected, you see the new one. That's what I've always felt would help to settle this issue. If the new models looked like the old ones then something like this wouldn't be needed. Otherwise, please respect the people who're playing other characters. If they want to look like an old model, please allow them to!!!! It's their choice, not yours. Polygons are insignificant. It's the style of the model that counts. But if a character selects a new one because it has more polygons, fine. So I should see the new one if they have it selected for their character.

Ultimately, sony is the one that disrespected players, not the players themselves. Switching to old models to speed up the framerate should not mean that your friend should suddenly look like a completely different person. Ogres, for example, look cumbersome and almost friendly in the old versions. In the new, they're fierce. If a player wants to look fierce, let them. If they want to look dumb, let them. Give them that choice, at least.

Also, though less important, the new model facial textures have less distinction. The 3d model doesn't change, so the position of hte eyes and nose doesn't change. In the old models, the textures on the face are much different because the facial model is much less defined. So, basically, facial textures on any particular new model look more similar than the old ones did. This is true for eyes/nose/mouth positioning, not coloring.

Btw, this is not the one thing I would change. As already said, I want more breast animations. Bouncing breasts trump all else, imho. Everything else is crackers. Feel free to censor me.

Lucrio40
06-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Wow...with shadows...that looks so awesome

Downloading now.

Smoo
06-26-2010, 08:24 PM
bump this is lovely :)

Damaja
06-26-2010, 08:29 PM
bump this is lovely :)

thanks bro, downloading this now.

Fahn
06-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Posting to say this has been fantastic so far. Not really new images just much sharper ones.

Smuuglie
06-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Now, all we need, IS A FIX FOR HUMAN HELMS, RIGHT? :D

Qaedain
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
This is ****ing incredible. Thank you so, so, so much for this.

Dantes
06-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Now, all we need, IS A FIX FOR HUMAN HELMS, RIGHT? :D

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8544

Sirbanmelotz
06-27-2010, 11:15 PM
For some reason i cant see shadows, and i want every graphic asset i can obtain. How do i turn them on? I cant find them anywhere!

Dersk
06-27-2010, 11:18 PM
options>display>advanced

Shadows do enhance the look of the game beyond just what hits the ground, but god it looks ugly when a shadow goes over a ledge.

Nedala
07-20-2010, 09:52 PM
bump for awesomeness

aVoided
07-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Just did this myself tonight. It quite good and tasteful. I'm all for the classic immersion... but some of the smudged textures and blurriness I can handle missing out on :P Great job !

krforrester
07-21-2010, 12:11 PM
1.) Back-up all current .s3d files in your Everquest folder (sort file types by using details view in windows)
2.) Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDIFVCGZ
3.) extract RAR to EQ folder C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest (rewrite all)

and you're done! easy right?

I am confused. After extracting the RAR to the EQ folder, do I then put the backed up .s3d files into the folder? If not, then why do I back them up?

Qaedain
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
You back them up in case something goes wrong.

fuji
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe this will finally make use of my Tri-SLI 480gtx setup.

Ravhin
07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
For those also just discovering this thread, a before and after (outside of Ak'anon).

rav

doacleric
07-23-2010, 11:19 PM
=)

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~doa/EQ000018b.jpg

And this isn't even using updated textures!

jeffd
07-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Great find - thanks much.

Aldon
07-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks again, this is much easier on the eyes.

irias6
07-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Great post Psycher, really liking this.

mhoward48
07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Thank you,

Downloaded the file. Will try it out tonight!

Atarius
07-26-2010, 09:07 PM
How come I get a trojon horse warning when I open that megaupload link?

Psycher
07-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Because antivirus /spyware software is generally awful and not worth the trouble. Sorry done ranting, I assure you that my download is in no way infected with anything harmful to your computer.

Enjoy!

Nedala
07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
bump...cant we sticky this? ...every time i reinstall eq i have to search it :D

fwaits
07-29-2010, 08:56 PM
How come I get a trojon horse warning when I open that megaupload link?

It's safe, I recently grabbed it and it's simply a rar file with a bunch of .s3d texture files in it. There are no executable code files of any kind.

purist
08-01-2010, 05:30 PM
download link isn't working for me.. anyone else?

edit: correction: link works, but when I go to download the file after 45 second wait time it fails to start

Waedawen
08-02-2010, 12:54 AM
bumping thread for good and for awesome, simultaneously.

Molitoth
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Nice job!

Lusst
08-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't want to be the person who farts in church, but I have to wonder why this thread/link wasn't added to the original "Getting Started" thread.

From 02-08-2010:

purist
08-02-2010, 06:09 PM
could someone plz rehost megaupload file? seriously, am I the only one who gets a broken link when he tries to download it?

fwaits
08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
could someone plz rehost megaupload file? seriously, am I the only one who gets a broken link when he tries to download it?

It works fine. Just tried it and get to the download page where you enter the 4 character bot check and then download. (After the obligatory 45 second wait timer.)

purist
08-02-2010, 06:19 PM
It works fine. Just tried it and get to the download page where you enter the 4 character bot check and then download. (After the obligatory 45 second wait timer.)

Yeah, I can get to that page. But after I click "regular download" link, which links to the below UR:, I get "Problem loading page" every time. I apparently cannot connect to the www1006.megaupload.com host URL to access the file.

http://www1006.megaupload.com/files/eebc4bb7335bb0affe19b6fb6f5d51c2/newzonetextures.rar

Any suggestions for solutions?

fwaits
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I can get to that page. But after I click "regular download" link, which links to the below link, I get "Problem loading page" every time. I apparently cannot connect to the www1006.megaupload.com host URL to access the file.

http://www1006.megaupload.com/files/eebc4bb7335bb0affe19b6fb6f5d51c2/newzonetextures.rar

Any suggestions for solutions?

Hmm odd. It seems like it's standard port 80 so I'm not sure why that URL would give you problems. Is this from home or at work or both? Maybe grab it from a friends house and copy it to a flash drive or something?

purist
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Hmm odd. It seems like it's standard port 80 so I'm not sure why that URL would give you problems. Is this from home or at work or both? Maybe grab it from a friends house and copy it to a flash drive or something?

I'm doing this from home on my desktop and it's definitely odd. Just tried getting the file on my laptop and had the same exact result. I'll bring a flash to work tomorrow and see if I'll have any luck.

Thanks heh

thulseh
08-06-2010, 11:01 AM
The textures being changed should have nothing to do with your ability to make a necro or SK Erudite.

The problem is if you remove the old files first. There is no new Paineel file in the download and you crash if trying to enter the game into a zone that doesn't exist.

Dac321
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Im installing it right now, this may also fix my processor problem also.

dallammarr
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
bump

Scrooge
09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been made into a sticky yet, it's information well worth knowing.

Uthgaard
09-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Done

Kava
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Downloading now! Thanks for this!

Deathmask
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Sticky Please

Edit:Crap I was too late I opened this thread a few hours ago lol

Engraverwilliam
09-29-2010, 02:26 PM
me= blown away

Kava
09-29-2010, 07:47 PM
To anyone on the fence of whether or not to do this... it was amazingly simple, and a HUGE difference. Just follow the OPs instructions. Two thumbs up!

rwbrahm
10-17-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I followed the guide step by step. Went into EQ options all options are good, don't have texture compression checked.

I even deleted everything after it didn't work and reinstalled the s3d's and still no changes. I WANT the newer skins. So all of the skins are checked.

Don't know where I am going wrong.

HELP!

halbar
10-17-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I followed the guide step by step. Went into EQ options all options are good, don't have texture compression checked.

I even deleted everything after it didn't work and reinstalled the s3d's and still no changes. I WANT the newer skins. So all of the skins are checked.

Don't know where I am going wrong.

HELP!

No this is not the Luclin models. Try another server.

Reppy
10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey can you make one for the toons to be played in as well? or is that something they would have to do ?

TJHooker
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
When I loaded these textures my wolf form gets messed up, no animation and some wolves appear as humans too. Can I use the new textures and get my wolf to still not be bugged?
What textures would I need to use from the older files?

Shrubwise
11-01-2010, 12:19 AM
When I loaded these textures my wolf form gets messed up, no animation and some wolves appear as humans too. Can I use the new textures and get my wolf to still not be bugged?

This.

Fohsap
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Didn't notice a single change anywhere. Hmm.... How about making some before-after photos sticky? If I am getting anything out of this, I don't recognize it. Took about 5 minutes per copy op and 30 minutes for the DL, for a total of about 45 minutes. Could have done a 6 in that time. :eek: Doesn't seem to have been worth it. Could be that I turned off the hq models at some point. Haven't been able to toggle them back on since I did that.

Good gaming to you, readers.

nagus69
11-02-2010, 07:11 AM
I own the Steam SoD version. Aren't the Zone Files here as good? Guess i can just copy them to my Titanium Folder.

Did anyone try this route yet?

nagus69
11-03-2010, 03:07 AM
I own the Steam SoD version. Aren't the Zone Files here as good? Guess i can just copy them to my Titanium Folder.

Did anyone try this route yet?

Works too, new textures 4tw!

Prefader
11-08-2010, 10:58 AM

I noticed this with the coyotes in Steamfont after I did this, but haven't noticed it with anything else.

Dulu
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I used this, but honestly cant even tell if it made a difference.

Engraverwilliam
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Works too, new textures 4tw!

How different is this from what the OP suggests?

pogoism9
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Is there any way to repost the files? With the current download link I get hung up at 3% through mega upload.

Yak
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I couldn't find this thread in my initial search, until I was referred to this post. I would recommend to make this a sticky post.

bluedecember
11-19-2010, 12:08 AM
awesome! I've always wanted to see some graphical updates to this and I think this is worth a shot. Hopefully it works well!

Muchew
11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Does this change replace all the s3d files?

Im just wondering if I go back to the lower resolution files, if I need to delete anything, or just overwrite everything with my backup files.

Nedala
11-20-2010, 01:49 PM
You won't want to go back to the lower reso files onc you see how awesome it looks :)

Muchew
11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
I do like it, but my GPU is overheating since I have done it. I need to replace my thermal grease, but im not too great with computer hardware. So I'm waiting a week or so before a friend can do it for me.

lethstang
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM

dredge
11-30-2010, 03:04 PM

linuxbruiser
12-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Megaupload failed on me too. I ended up doing the old method. Some ISPs do not allow you to use the port 80 for this action. Old method takes longer, but works.

*Bump for awesomeness

Nealio
12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I've downloaded the Luclin textures, but my toon and other toons still have the original skin. How do I enable the skins?

runehawthorne
12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
I downloaded the .rar file to my desktop, but once i downloaded it, it doesnt give me the option to extract it or anything, any tips? I am running windows 7.

Yak
12-23-2010, 12:52 PM
I downloaded the .rar file to my desktop, but once i downloaded it, it doesnt give me the option to extract it or anything, any tips? I am running windows 7.

Download 7-Zip to extract it. http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Chanus
12-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I've downloaded the Luclin textures, but my toon and other toons still have the original skin. How do I enable the skins?

The Luclin character models are disabled purposefully. This download is for zone textures.

runehawthorne
12-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks Yak, worked perfect. This looks awesome, thanks for awesome post!

Alkorin
12-24-2010, 06:26 PM

See here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12085

Note there are cons to doing this. There is an (incomplete) extensive list in that thread.

moklianne
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Incorrect conning is probably the worst. After I read that I changed my mind entirely.

muddy27
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the guide/files

Graki
01-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Orange,the largest provider in France, limits a lot the speed of mega upload. Is it possible to put the file on an other platform please ?

Leddy
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
The texture pack is great! Thanks so much OP. Makes the game look good without ruining the old feel.

Chrushev
03-08-2011, 10:02 PM
I made a comparison video/screenshot thing if anyone is interested its here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=234300#post234300

Wudan
03-17-2011, 05:18 AM
I love it :)

Muchew
03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Just built a new PC and my first time using windows 7.

I ran duxas all in one installer (from my understanding does not update these textures) then tried to overwrite the swd files.

winrar gave me an "access denied" message on each one.

Anyone know why that might be?

Muchew
03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
well figured out how to get access to the sony folder, not the entire C drive though....

Windows 7... meh

Bassracerx
03-31-2011, 12:34 AM
i copied these files and evrything was fine the first time. then when i tried logging back on it crashes evrytime i select p99 server whats happened?

it says "memory cannot be found"

Tarathiel
04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
1.) Back-up all current .s3d files in your Everquest folder (sort file types by using details view in windows)

what does this mean?? i used the installer cuz i suck at this crap and i dont want to mess anything up... but i would love the better graphics

Zakaton
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM

what does this mean?? i used the installer cuz i suck at this crap and i dont want to mess anything up... but i would love the better graphics

What I did was make a new folder called "Texture Backups", and copied all my .s3d files from the EQ directory into that folder. Then I ran the installer, so that if things got messed up I could copy the old files back.

Tzadarkath
04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Is there any pack like this out there for Kunark zones? Or is that already implemented?

Savok
04-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Is there any pack like this out there for Kunark zones? Or is that already implemented?

I pulled all of the zone files from my original Luclin update texture CD and they were dated the same as Titanium.

Tarigin
04-29-2011, 12:37 PM
First of all thanks alot Psycher for this !!!

Old:
http://kunden.m3-communication.de/download/old_zone.jpg

New:
http://kunden.m3-communication.de/download/new_zone.jpg

Resolution: 1680px X 1050px

Deadmantis
06-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Using the link in the original post, I was able to download the RAR file in about 5 minutes while I was backing up my s3d files. So far I have not run into any problems since such a quick and easy upgrade.

Like so many others, I am also nostalgic about old classic EQ and I still like to get immersed in the game world just like the old days.

Upgrading the zone textures has helped improve my "nostalgic immersion" considerably. It just looks better!. It doesn't look so drastically different that it's not the same old EQ, just better.

Thanks Psycher!

Belenos
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Looks awesome thanks Psycher!!

vznos
06-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Tried it, worked, was really happy with it... then it randomly went haywire. Basically, nothing in NQ newbie fighting area shows now except NPCs, PCs, MOBs, trees, flagpoles. Everything else went black.

Then I alt-tabbed to make this post, and when I got back it was all lavender.

Torin_Stormchaser
07-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Everything worked wonderfully. The new graphics were a wonderful change. I loved the original graphics. I nostalgia'd for a while. Played for a long while. Then I decided to upgrade my graphics slightly.
The world was a better place.

Lyrina
07-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Works fine here. Thanks for this nice "Update", hehe.

Here a compare, of old and new Textures, in Felwithe.

http://thumbnails54.imagebam.com/14021/d3d24d140205091.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d3d24d140205091) http://thumbnails56.imagebam.com/14021/d35ee0140205092.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d35ee0140205092)

Also a DIRECT compare to it, see here (hover over/away on/from the Screenshot, to see the diffrence):
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/65885

I think, youll figure out yourself, whats the new and whats the old texture set, hehe ;-)

/applause

Koa Bosk
07-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Ok i have done this twice and still nothing. My girlfriend did this on her computer and it looks better. Is there something else that I'm missing.
I am using windows 7 on a laptop. but i believe she is running the same on her laptop.

Koa Bosk
07-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Never mind I figured it out on my own.

What I did was extract the files into a temp folder on the desktop, then copied the new files over to the named Everquest.

Files work great, thank you for sharing them.

Dtsouth2
07-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Does the Tutorial still work?

Drem
07-30-2011, 03:27 AM
works for me. glad i found this thread. been missing these textures

thanks~

Atarius
07-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Can't get it to work myself; says I don't have permission to change anything in the EQ folder.

Edit: got it working; seems I just can't extract directly to the EQ folder but the copy, drag and drop worked at least.

Drosis
08-04-2011, 07:27 AM
I downloaded the original megaupload .rar file but it doesn't seem to have any .s3d files for kunark zones. is there any way to get updated textures for kunark zones besides having to download the whole game from the sony website?

Marglar
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
I downloaded the original megaupload .rar file but it doesn't seem to have any .s3d files for kunark zones. is there any way to get updated textures for kunark zones besides having to download the whole game from the sony website?

+1, and is anyone running into problems often with this setup?

k2summit
08-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Installed on my laptop with win7 and looking good !

Silentone
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I have it on my rig, running windows 7 64 bit with Titanium edition no problems yet.

Marglar
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
are you guys running the kunark files too?

Drosis
08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I want updated textures for kunark zones, but kunark zone s3d files don't seem to come with the megaupload file on the first page. You have to download the whole 1 gigabyte + file which is the whole game from the sony website.
I was wondering if there is any other way to get those textures without having to do that.

Psycher
08-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I made this download Pre-kunark. If i get some time, ill update the file to include kunark/vel

Drosis
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
thank you psycher. I appreciate it.

Drem
08-12-2011, 05:05 AM
I made this download Pre-kunark. If i get some time, ill update the file to include kunark/vel

yes!!! please!!!

Iondera
08-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Just found my Trilogy discs to grab the files again. Can throw up an upload here in a couple hours max for Kunark.

Iondera
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM
http://namelessworks.com/Kunark.rar
Ok so Trilogy discs weren't what was needed, had to download file instead. Enjoy!

Drosis
08-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Thank you Iondera

Psycher
09-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Kunark files are now listed on my original post. thanks Iondera

Iondera
09-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Going through the folder I made on my desktop I noticed I mistakenly put the Dragon Necropolis zone file in with Kunark. Decided to go ahead and make a Velious file for anyone who wants it in advance so there won't be any waiting when it finally gets released.

http://namelessworks.com/Velious.rar

Enjoy!

SwordNboard
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Was a little hesitant to do this since I'm sort of a purist, but I actually like it a lot.

cameroncoolcarter
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
can i get the trilogy .s3d files without downloading trilogy?

Iondera
09-19-2011, 12:25 AM
That's all that is in the rars we've provided. Only s3d files nothing else.

Zuranthium
09-19-2011, 04:11 AM
before/after screenshot as requested

The first picture has more charm to it.

The "updated" graphics are too smooth, too glossy. They take you out of a fantasy world feeling and make it seem more manufactured.

Aenor
09-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Pure awesome.

Versus
10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
So....the download says its gonna take 16 hours...What gives? o.O

eisenfaust
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Ive tried downloading the file for the upgraded graphics twice now from the megaupload link and it gets partially done and then fails. Says something about not reading something or some bs....any help ?

*just tried again today , gets to about 100mb's complete and then says could not download because source file could not be read, wtf ?

Iondera
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Try http://namelessworks.com/Classic.rar

Drem
11-05-2011, 08:37 PM
thank you guys so much! love this....

Pringles
11-20-2011, 03:59 PM
The kunark .rar seems busted :( If You can get me the classic and kunark rars I can host them for you....

edit: bah, right when i said that it works, idk, oh well. Ill host them anyway.

Muchew
12-06-2011, 07:03 PM
yeah my first attempt on kunark.rar failed around 70% somewhere. I'm up to 50% on attempt #2...

Hammertime
12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
kunark.rar link isn't working any one have any others.. get some mumbled up code when i click on it

Iondera
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Hmm odd, just clicked on the link and it started downloading fine. Will see what I can do.

Hammertime
12-20-2011, 01:49 PM
hmm I dunno seems like when i click on it, it opens a pdf file with a bunch of language or code? maybe its my computer

Rezek
12-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Works like a charm...Much easier on the eyes.

Altaiir
12-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Nice!

BarackObooma
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
The old world file won't download. The page is broken or something.

Lazortag
01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Maybe because it's hosted on megaupload? :P

kendi64
01-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Try http://namelessworks.com/Classic.rar
I was able to successfully download this, then started downloading http://namelessworks.com/Kunark.rar and that worked too. had to download something to "unzip" the rar file :(

Nilinoi
01-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I want to thank you Psycher. Your instructions were easy to follow. This has made my gaming experience much better. Thank you so much.

Grozmok
01-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I did this mod, looks great!

Thanks for taking the time to post this! (Even if it was like over two years ago)

RandonActs
01-22-2012, 08:27 PM
we need a new link to the old world files, I dont think megaupload is coming back any time soon.

Ok, found them in previous posts, for simplicity the OP should include that information on the first post.

Beebelbrox
02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I'll look into hosting this file for the community on my gigabit fileserve.

as soon as it finishes downloading! anyone else have DL problems from sony?

Thanks,

Beebelbrox

Beebelbrox
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
problem was only had downloading in googlechrome and firefox...strange. worked fine with internet exploder.

Iondera
02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
http://namelessworks.com/Classic.rar
http://namelessworks.com/Kunark.rar
http://namelessworks.com/Velious.rar

In one post at the end for all who need still.

Inglewood
03-03-2012, 03:36 AM
You're a Hero, Iondera. Registered just to tell you.

kazroth
03-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Great fix, thanks for the info and the downloads!

Psycher
03-23-2012, 03:06 AM
updated

Iondera
06-14-2012, 04:19 PM
My hosting is going to go poof in 5 days, letting them expire so just a heads up if anyone else wants to host the files.

Hailto
06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Damn, i didn't get them before the domain expired, is there anyone that could host them for us? Would really appreciate it.

nego1620
06-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Damn, i didn't get them before the domain expired, is there anyone that could host them for us? Would really appreciate it.
This old link still works for the EverQuest Trilogy:
http://download.station.sony.com/patch/download/eq/EverQuest.zip

Hailto
06-22-2012, 04:14 AM
Thanks

norova
06-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm currently uploading two different packages for these files. The first is all of the high-res S3D files from the EQ Trilogy install. The second is all of the original low-res S3D files from the EQ Titanium install. You'll be able to directly switch between high-res/low-res just by unzipping the proper archive into your EQ directory.

I will host both on my Linode server which has 180GB of monthly bandwidth, and I only use about 5GB of it. If we come near the limit, I will bump the cap up. Happy to support this cause.

Uploads should be done in a couple hours. I'll post again when they're finished.

norova
06-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Finished uploading! The files can be found here: http://p99.yourfirefly.com/

Whoever has the ability, feel free to add this link to the main post.

unpetrify
06-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank you!

Lanoline
06-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Thank you for the upload Norova! :)

norova
06-30-2012, 03:22 PM
No problem. :) Were the downloads stable? I've been watching my bandwidth on that server shoot up really high at times and assume it's people downloading the textures. Haven't heard any complaints so far.

Would like to get the link added to the main post if possible. I'll have to bug Psycher to do it.

godbox
07-01-2012, 02:02 AM
ty nor does anyone have a (I know its in this thread somewhere just lazy) simplified step by step on making this work

norova
07-01-2012, 02:53 AM
All you need to do is extract whichever ZIP file you want (high-res or low-res) into your EverQuest folder. That would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest on Windows 7 64-bit. Overwrite anything if it asks.

Dullah
07-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Baller.