PDA

View Full Version : Plane of Mischief - Gift Box Quest

Check12345
07-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Here's how it worked on live/eqmac (had to fire up the wayback machine).

Peachy used to say 'Just four funnies!' not two.

IV. The Gift Box

To get the class-specific dolls you need to get a Gift Box from Peachy D'vincci. The gift box can summon 5 dolls. To get the Gift Box, you have to hand Peachy 4 funny money. To make funny money, you have to combine one Words of Wealth with an Armor of Distraction in the Pot O'Gold. MUCH easier is combining Words of Wealth-top left with one combines words of wealth in the Pot O'Gold and this will make funny money without wasting thrones on armor of distraction combines. You receive one funny money per combine.

The following combines have been confirmed to yield Funny Money: Greaves of Distraction, Mushroom Bracelet and Mask of Melodies with a Words of Wealth in the Pot of Gold.

The following combine has been proven to fail to produce Funny Money: Buckler of Doom + WoW in PoG. Boy did that piss me off!

It took me 4 funny Money to get a Gift box. The gift box awarded appears to be random and not linked to the class of the toon handing in the 4 Funny Money to Peachy. Shimmering (a mage) turn in and received a Silver gift box that summons dolls for shammy armor. Grats Quack Practioner, my shammy.

A few months after PoM came out, the card drop rates were nerfed to where they are now. But... the gift box quest was also changed for Four Funnies, which were able to be made exclusively from WoW's and Top Left WoW's.

If they didn't change the Funny Money creation... well we have what we have now in the p99 PoM, a pretty broken zone.

I am writing this as an owner of a p99 PoM robe, I got mine... but what about the community? :)

I Will try to dig up more from what internet archive scraps are available. But I can assure you (for some reason or another) that this is how PoM worked from mid-late Velious until the zone was destroyed in the Live revamp.

Hoping to hear something about the current state of the Gift Box quest.

Thanks!

Check12345
07-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Oh, when I showed up on EQMAC they were still poofing thrones for Funny Money. (yikes!!)

If I didn't encounter the 'Four Funnies' = WoW + TopLeft WoW on live I wouldn't have been able tell them when I got there for MAC. It was that way (four funnies) until they revamped the live server and bound all of us outside in Great Divide in an unsafe place. Real cool of them no??

I was then able to produce the first (second??) Silver Box on the EQMAC server, they had been trying for over a year.

45 AC shaman boots were had! :)

Check12345
07-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Found my logs from EQMAC PoM.

Here's the tldr since I ramble too much.

1. Early in PoM history, card rates were nerfed at least once, bottom line it was about a 1-5 percent change at a drop. This seems just about right on p99, going by feel unless someone wants to derive the drop rate from my logs. This was documented on the PoM EZBOARD, even odds the wayback machine will have the thread/post.

2. At the same time, the Gift Box quest was changed to allow Funny Money to be created without cards. This was documented on the PoM EZBOARD, even odds the wayback machine will have the thread/post.

3. The PoM we were running on EQMAC was where PoM was at the beginning of the PoP expansion. EQMAC had to have GM's to start eartha/earthb events. Quarm was unfinished and unkillable. He never died throughout the server's life.

Having said that, the 2 Funnies request by Peachy was from early PoM, 4 Funnies was what Peachy asking for up until the zone was killed with the server. 2 funnies = early PoM, 4 funnies later PoM.

This was me poorly stating how we made FM on Brell and how I never had to poof thrones on my live server:

[Tue Mar 5 18:21:47 2013] You say out of character, 'believe it or not, thats how we made FM on Brell, I didnt know about the throne requirement that could be gotten around'

Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2hyH6hWe0FbMFFRNXZSckpwUFE/view?usp=sharing

This will be the final show of me losing my mind on the p99 forums. :D

Check12345
07-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Four funnies was the deal when the card drop rates were nerfed. Making gift boxes with thrones is/was/will be nuts nuts.

http://i.imgur.com/NWX19At.jpg

k3vil
07-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Four funnies was the deal when the card drop rates were nerfed. Making gift boxes with thrones is/was/will be nuts nuts.

http://i.imgur.com/NWX19At.jpg
Can you confirm that the gift boxes are not aligned with your class the toon is? I just cant imagine receiving a gift box for a shaman (or any other) as a cleric.

Check12345
07-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Can you confirm that the gift boxes are not aligned with your class the toon is? I just cant imagine receiving a gift box for a shaman (or any other) as a cleric.

Yes, absolutely. The boxes are completely random. We would trade the dolls because they were more common once the quest was updated to four funnies.

We would summon all the dolls and park them on mules since the the gift boxes themselves are lore.

edit: This is why it took approximately 40 hours to make a robe/bp. With the current gift box quest I would be guessing at 80 hours if you farmed everything -and- had good luck turning into Peachy.

I had to buy my doll and thrones, otherwise I wouldn't have a robe till Christmas. :)