PDA

View Full Version : Charmed pets not getting maxed hit while sitting

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
07-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Is this supposed to happen? Suppose I could run some logs to show but having my pet sit is not getting them hit for anything close to max.

Maschenny
07-05-2016, 03:29 AM
"/pet sit will toggle the pet's sit state, whereas /pet sit down will force the pet to sit."

Was on the wiki, see if that changes things

fash
07-05-2016, 04:22 AM
I can confirm pets aren't taking max damage when put into sit position using the sit button in the pet dialog window. The only evidence I found that pets should take max damage was a video from modern day live eq. There may be more evidence, but I haven't yet searched thoroughly.

I haven't tested "/pet sit down" yet. I'll try this after the holiday.

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
07-05-2016, 04:56 PM
"/pet sit will toggle the pet's sit state, whereas /pet sit down will force the pet to sit."

Was on the wiki, see if that changes things

I'm not sure I get what you mean exactly with the /pet sit. I'm killing iksars and can visually see them sitting. I'll try out the /pet sit down here in a bit to see if that makes a difference.

trite
07-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Pet's taking max damage when sitting would be a useful mechanic for enchanters to leverage while soloing, every time your pet happens to be noticeably stronger than the mob its fighting, you spam /pet back /pet sit until they are even HP again....

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
07-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Pet's taking max damage when sitting would be a useful mechanic for enchanters to leverage while soloing, every time your pet happens to be noticeably stronger than the mob its fighting, you spam /pet back /pet sit until they are even HP again....

Yep. That's why I've been trying to do it. As far as /pet sit down, it mad no difference, pets are not taking max damage.

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
07-08-2016, 03:16 PM
I can confirm pets aren't taking max damage when put into sit position using the sit button in the pet dialog window. The only evidence I found that pets should take max damage was a video from modern day live eq. There may be more evidence, but I haven't yet searched thoroughly.

I haven't tested "/pet sit down" yet. I'll try this after the holiday.

Post any evidence you got man, I'm sure the devs would appreciate it.

fash
07-19-2016, 02:20 AM
Post any evidence you got man, I'm sure the devs would appreciate it.

https://youtu.be/JM6hKy_njFw?t=9m14s @ 9:14 he explains that spamming sit causes max damage. Based on the video's date, this is 2013 era EQ.