PDA

View Full Version : PvP Poll

Zindabik
01-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Just wondering how many players would be interested in a classic PvP server since it has been discussed on previous threads.

Aksiom2k
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
There is already a classic PvP server with Kunark enabled and Vallon Zek pvp rules.

mitic
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
this poll proves nothing

1.) most pvpers dont play pve so you wont see them voting here
2.) vz/tz went to hell 1 year ago

Giovanni
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I think that if they made it so reds could buff/be buffed by blues, more people would turn in their books. Immortal healing isn't really a huge threat when you can't even find any other red names.

Uberom
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
PvP on EQ is fucking awful.

korrowan
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM

You are fucking awful.

Harrison
01-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Alawen Everywhere
01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I have two conflicting thoughts on this dev team trying a PVP server.

The first is that trying to manage PVPers is a completely different animal. The (already significant) petitions would go through the roof.

On the other hand, it's very likely that PVP would reveal some of the exploits that people are using and not reporting, so it's possible that the quality and integrity of P99 would go up as well.

And finally, EQ PVP rules.

Zindabik
01-02-2011, 11:53 PM
The PvP server on here is bugged to hell and back, and really just isnt that good. The devs for p99 do an amazing job at what they do, and if they ran a PvP server of their own, even as an experiment after Kunark is all settled in (or atleast somewhat) it would be much better and the player database would probably be far greater..

And PvP on classic EQ was possibly the most fun experience I've ever had with any game EVER, and I know the devs here are my only shot at ever seeing that again, which I probably won't, lol.

Scrooge
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
One thing I'm sure everyone will agree on, EQ PvP on EQEMU attracts the wrong type of crowd, and would therefore ruin P99 completely if such a thing ever happened.

Goobles
01-03-2011, 01:01 AM
WTB Qeynos vs. Freeport.

Kassel
01-03-2011, 01:58 AM
2.) vz/tz went to hell 1 year ago

Never played on vz/tz why is it so bad?

nalkin
01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
I do think PVP enabled server would be more fun than this server. It is risk which makes the game fun. I never had more fun playing EQ than on Secrets permadeath server. Permadeath is a little extreme (as extreme as PVE is dull), and I am pretty sure after enough deaths i would permaquit, but I think a pvp ruleset would be nice middle ground of risk/reward.

mitic
01-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Never played on vz/tz why is it so bad?

short version:

08-07-2009
Searyx gave the code to a new group (not associated with us in any way). There are no "new owners", but there is a group of guys (from Fires of Heaven, I believe) that have been given everything that this project worked on. No boohoos here; frankly, I don't give a shit who runs what project anymore.

The new server is no more associated with this project than the guy that's selling stereo equipment out of his van is associated with Best Buy. They may have stolen (or been given - by Searyx... who apparently declared martial law afterwards, attempted but failed to wipe the box) , but no just because Searyx gave them our db and code doesn't mean that they're the "new owners".

I wished them the best of luck (though I hope Searyx dies screaming), but chances are you guys will be back to a new PvP server every 3 months after this. I seriously doubt anyone will keep a consistent EQEmu-pvp server up for you like this project did. I hope they can prove me wrong.

Dax

uve been rite Dax <3 QQ

searyx, salty and friends.... http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/loveAid_2007/angry-smiley-196.gif

Zindabik
01-04-2011, 01:35 AM
One thing I'm sure everyone will agree on, EQ PvP on EQEMU attracts the wrong type of crowd, and would therefore ruin P99 completely if such a thing ever happened.

Sorry, everything about everything you just said is a total load of crap.

Asahi
01-04-2011, 02:05 AM
If something could be done to insure that we were protected from neked casters and druids taking our Mith Bps. I would be in for it.

mitic
01-04-2011, 08:50 AM
If something could be done to insure that we were protected from neked casters and druids taking our Mith Bps. I would be in for it.

eq-pvp is most fun with a setting of lvls 4 (+/-) / deity based / coin loot only imo..

Nedala
01-04-2011, 12:15 PM
WTB Qeynos vs. Freeport.

Go play EQ2 on Nagafen. Most crowded server, and actually pretty good, i played it for over a year, if you enjoy pvp you should try it out ;)

Yoite
01-04-2011, 12:47 PM
only prob with EQ2 pvp is rangers and assisins stun locking you and prettyy much instant killing you. If you dont follow bristlebane and use mischief maker skill to break all CC or buy those potions to break stun(or stifle or w/e they call it) you will get owned over and over and over by rangers and assasins.

Also encs...you get owned by them alot too if you cant break CC with pots or mischeif maker. They mes you, load up this buff that makes them nuke like 3 times when the cast next nuke, and then BOM, you got from mesed to dead before you can do anything.

BUT...BUT...if you do have pots and mischief maker to break CC you can stomp all those fools in the ground and be like wheres your stun lock now bitch?!?

Yoite
01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
wish my EQ2 account hadnt gotten hacked =/ FUCK YOU CHINA, thats right FUCK YOU

Nedala
01-04-2011, 12:54 PM
wish my EQ2 account hadnt gotten hacked =/ FUCK YOU CHINA, thats right FUCK YOU

If you didnt buy your acc. you get it back if it got hacked, since you are the original owner.

Nedala
01-04-2011, 12:57 PM
only prob with EQ2 pvp is rangers and assisins stun locking you and prettyy much instant killing you. If you dont follow bristlebane and use mischief maker skill to break all CC or buy those potions to break stun(or stifle or w/e they call it) you will get owned over and over and over by rangers and assasins.

Also encs...you get owned by them alot too if you cant break CC with pots or mischeif maker. They mes you, load up this buff that makes them nuke like 3 times when the cast next nuke, and then BOM, you got from mesed to dead before you can do anything.

BUT...BUT...if you do have pots and mischief maker to break CC you can stomp all those fools in the ground and be like wheres your stun lock now bitch?!?

Well a good PvPer always carries potions, tho i have to say as an SK i never really needed em against Assas or Rangers, scouts are pretty easy to kill as a tank. By now there a LOT of helpful AAs against stifle/mezz and those sort of things. Of course its very hard to balance PvP but i think they did a good job.

Yoite
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
thats cool to hear they added some AAs and stuff to help with all the stuns and stifles, that shit was getting ridiculous.

Yoite
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
and i did get my account back, but it was ravaged =( they took all my money and all my good shit.

Secrets
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM
WTB Qeynos vs. Freeport.

May bring it back. I could have it remade in a day, though I must warn you I already destroyed the previous source and database for it kekeke

Zindabik
01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
May bring it back. I could have it remade in a day, though I must warn you I already destroyed the previous source and database for it kekeke

You should... I never got to experience it :'(

Dyrkoon
01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
One PvP game that i had more fun playing, then Back on Vallon in old days, was shadowbane...and it was Terribly made game...but the hardcore PvP and siege warfare was Bomb diggitty. If a classic PvP server were made...i would be all over it.

Zindabik
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Hell it's worth a shot.. even like a two week trial period or beta would be cool... I don't see why not anything is worth a shot.

Chanus
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Well, the carrot's on the stick. Kunark Beta is up.

Zindabik
01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I made an iksar on it.. Too bad I NEVER see anyone on it :(

jeffd
01-08-2011, 03:34 AM
trying to manage PVPers is a completely different animal. The (already significant) petitions would go through the roof.

a massive majority of petitions are people whining about camps/ksing/raids/trains.

on a pvp server these are not issues.

Zindabik
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
a massive majority of petitions are people whining about camps/ksing/raids/trains.

on a pvp server these are not issues.

I agree. A PvP server would be much more easy to manage. There's no such thing as stealing from someones camp or stealing mobs because if that happens you engage in combat to settle it. And an easy fix for the endless annoying petitions is a warning and then a suspension or ban. The only issue would be training which could also be fixed with a warning leading to suspension or ban if the offender continues :-)

Harrison
01-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I agree. A PvP server would be much more easy to manage. There's no such thing as stealing from someones camp or stealing mobs because if that happens you engage in combat to settle it. And an easy fix for the endless annoying petitions is a warning and then a suspension or ban. The only issue would be training which could also be fixed with a warning leading to suspension or ban if the offender continues :-)

A pvp server would be a fucking nightmare to manage. I don't know what you're on, but ease up on it before you OD.

Abysis
01-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I know some guilds that would be interested that dont play everquest at all right now.

Abysis
01-09-2011, 11:32 PM
And pvp server = everything's legal that isn't exploiting a bug and hacking. training, corpse camping, bind camping exc ..and tweak the resists a bit, any complaints anyone has to petition about are directed to the wall unless they are stuck or corpse pop'd or something.