PDA

View Full Version : Best Music Ever

maskedmelon
05-30-2016, 06:44 PM
The nature of Wagakki Band obviously isn't really open for rational debate, but please let us know what you think of Wagakki Band by selecting the option above that best reflects how you feel and by sharing your thoughts below!

I don't expect any diversity of opninion among the rational minds of RNF, but if you dislike Wagakki Band because your a fucking piece of shit or something don't be afraid to tell us! There is no need to keep your bitch opinions to yourself. Please share them so that your folly might receive the mockery it sorely deserves.

Looking forward to a good discussion. Thanks!

maskedmelon
05-30-2016, 06:50 PM
posting before poll options are in

bsh/trs or bust

Thank you for keeping me on the straight and narrow big. Some of my options were too verbose, so I had to pare them down ^^

maskedmelon
05-30-2016, 06:51 PM
FUCK, no link! FAIL!!! Here:

Wagakki Band - Tengaku (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2meWkWqc-I)

Lune
05-30-2016, 07:28 PM
"The veracity of Wagakki Band's supremacy is self evident."

What the fuck? You're not using those words right.

When you read a maskedmelon post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ek1jwX4qo)

maskedmelon
05-30-2016, 07:46 PM
"The veracity of Wagakki Band's supremacy is self evident."

What the fuck? You're not using those words right.

When you read a maskedmelon post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ek1jwX4qo)

I'm sorry you went with option 2 and English is your second language.

Tuljin
05-30-2016, 09:49 PM
The players in the band are good but I think the art and beauty of the shakuhachi and koto are very much cheapened by the sound of the American rock instruments.

Also, many foreign languages lose their character and poetry when they are written into Western sounding pop/rock songs, and this is a prime example. The rhythms and melodic lines in Western pop and rock do not necessarily fit with foreign languages and Japanese is one of them. It sounds strange. I also know this phenomenon very well from my knowledge of the Greek language and how horrible the Greek pop songs sound that are very much going for an Americanized sound. I can't stand it. I'm not sure what a Japanese person would have to say about this.

I think the koto player, shakuhachi player, and traditional percussionist should take their show on the road and the rest of the band should record Anime themes like the one from Death Note. I can see how this band would upset both classic rock music/metal fans and traditional Japanese music fans. I bet there's a lot of Japanese that love it though. IMHO The koto playing arpeggios during the verses with the shakuhachi playing as well sounds lame.

TL-DR - Neckbeards will be mad and think this sucks. It sounds a bit too "epic" and "lame" for my tastes but it is interesting and I don't think it totally sucks. Thanks for sharing

Krycek
05-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Thread title said best music ever. But none of the options had any musical choices. Guess what I'm trying to say is.

maskedmelon
05-30-2016, 10:40 PM
The players in the band are good but I think the art and beauty of the shakuhachi and koto are very much cheapened by the sound of the American rock instruments.

Also, many foreign languages lose their character and poetry when they are written into Western sounding pop/rock songs, and this is a prime example. The rhythms and melodic lines in Western pop and rock do not necessarily fit with foreign languages and Japanese is one of them. It sounds strange. I also know this phenomenon very well from my knowledge of the Greek language and how horrible the Greek pop songs sound that are very much going for an Americanized sound. I can't stand it. I'm not sure what a Japanese person would have to say about this.

I think the koto player, shakuhachi player, and traditional percussionist should take their show on the road and the rest of the band should record Anime themes like the one from Death Note. I can see how this band would upset both classic rock music/metal fans and traditional Japanese music fans. I bet there's a lot of Japanese that love it though. IMHO The koto playing arpeggios during the verses with the shakuhachi playing as well sounds lame.

TL-DR - Neckbeards will be mad and think this sucks. It sounds a bit too "epic" and "lame" for my tastes but it is interesting and I don't think it totally sucks. Thanks for sharing

The koto, shakuhachi and singer do/did have a traditional band and Wagakki Band sprang form that group. Wagakki band is more popular outside of Japan than in Japan because most Japanese aren't particularly enamored with traditional Japanese culture.

Japanese pop/rock also have unique stylistic qualities that set them apart from American groups and to some degree I sympathize with your assessment of the "cheapening" of Japanese culture by outside influences. The Japanese have an extraordinarily flexible culture that readily adopts outside elements that fit or and they find useful. Thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts ^^

Pokesan
05-30-2016, 11:07 PM
careful OP, i farted on all the pocky. choose wisely.

Whirled
05-31-2016, 09:24 AM
best band & song right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3cWWNXBHg