PDA

View Full Version : <Pantheon>

karsten
12-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone,

So, the new guild has been created! http://pantheonp99.guildlaunch.com/ We would love to expand it with the right people, and in order to put that crew together I thought I would be as candid as possible:

Our guild is being led by two people with proven track records of leading raids of top guilds on this server in fun environments. Those of us in the p99 community who have raided with us before can attest to this. When it comes to "getting things done", we shine.

Until Kunark comes out, I do not anticipate there being a dramatic change to the status quo of raiding guilds. If any guild will be able to shift this balance, it is Pantheon, however, I have good friends in all of the top guilds currently and have told them all that, although they are interested in essentially "putting the band back together", I do not want anyone prematurely casting their lot in with a guild that is primarily constructed for kunark dominance.

The fact is, content has been around long enough to where even casual raiders are able to take part in large scale raiding. This will change when kunark comes out and many casuals in current top guilds are not able to compete. If you are a competitor and want to be in an environment with great, successful, end-game oriented people, Pantheon is for you.

Initially, our guild will be heavily allied with Darkwind, essentially creating a cooperation with people on complimentary time zones. What does this mean for you? Well, it means you can poopsock if you want to, but you don't have to.

I wish you luck in all of your endeavors. If you think you are suited for us, if you appreciate and know our style and leadership, if you are frustrated that your guild has too many players and too much dead weight, you are heartily invited to get to know us better.

Scrooge
12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
our guild will be heavily allied with Darkwind

Good choice!

Mardur
12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Our guild is being led by two people with proven track records of leading raids of top guilds on this server in fun environments. Those of us in the p99 community who have raided with us before can attest to this. When it comes to "getting things done", we shine.

This is Mardur, co-leader of Pantheon. Karsten covered everything, but I'd like to reiterate that Pantheon is being formed by past players of P99 who dominated the raiding scene here as well as various times on live. In the beginning we will be leveling up chars that we'll need (new mains, cleric/mage/ranger bots, etc) and farming raid gear. The goal is to have a solid base by Kunark launch, which we'll hit hard and efficiently. Whether you're a returning player, new player, or have been active all along, Pantheon will most likely be a fit for you, as long as you want to dominate the Kunark raiding scene.

If you are interested or have any questions feel free to PM or /tell Karsten or Mardur.

jeffd
12-17-2010, 03:06 PM
i'll roll a paladin for this group of pros~

Ponden
12-17-2010, 04:52 PM
This is Mardur

Hi Tiki

Aba to the cab
12-18-2010, 12:34 AM
I learned <Pantheon> slow but now, I know it by heart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mClfU2NStY&feature=related

Tibador
12-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Dont throw us away !

Scrooge
12-18-2010, 12:01 PM
We have our own plans for Kunark, but if you need some assistance with raids or whatever, don't hesitate to ask, Karsten!

karsten
12-18-2010, 12:15 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/dvsjk5.gif

karsten
12-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Guild website is here: http://pantheonp99.guildlaunch.com/

and vent is all set up, info is in our guildmotd which you can read if you join!

karsten
12-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I posted this reply specifically because that TRIMM guy bumped his thread and that is unacceptable!

Scrooge
12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
So many haters already...according to them tags.

karsten
12-20-2010, 12:44 PM
ROCK N ROLL RACING

actually if you want to make a cool tags comparison, look at all the tags of all the guild threads :)

Yak
12-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Are you taking all levels and if not what is the level requirement?

karsten
12-21-2010, 10:12 AM
There are some old players leveling new characters, and so if you can make a case to me on our website (http://pantheonp99.guildlaunch.com) why you are a good fit even though you are level 20, I am quite open to that.

However, and I'm not sure how to put this delicately, so I wont -- Yak I am not interested in people like you for the guild, and I will do my best to make sure that it includes only the highest quality possible based on the player base available.

Salty
12-21-2010, 10:45 AM
ACID BURN

Yak
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure how to put this delicately, so I wont -- Yak I am not interested in people like you for the guild, and I will do my best to make sure that it includes only the highest quality possible based on the player base available.

To each their own, good luck with your new guild!

karsten
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
hey, i appreciate your magnanimous response, and I wish you the best in your endeavors as well! <3

tsonka
12-22-2010, 10:38 PM
/bump

Tibador
12-23-2010, 12:51 AM
ahh karsten loves me

Raylan
12-24-2010, 01:34 AM
/outstanding group of guys bump

Smedyx
12-24-2010, 02:13 AM
If I roll some sort of character, you going to let a swede in?

Raylan
12-24-2010, 02:38 AM

Big SMEDY YALL!

This is Tristin!

Smedyx
12-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Big SMEDY YALL!

This is Tristin!

Back up girlfriend!

karsten
12-24-2010, 04:16 AM

Smedy, it would be the best christmas gift i could possibly imagine! Also, this is like the perfect time to get in, because I estimate you will have basically just the right amount of time to level a char and gear him up before kunark comes out

Raylan
12-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Smedy, it would be the best christmas gift i could possibly imagine! Also, this is like the perfect time to get in, because I estimate you will have basically just the right amount of time to level a char and gear him up before kunark comes out

ZOMG I JUST PEED A LITTLE! ding 29 btw

Knuckle
12-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Man I would love to join but clearly karsten isn't going to be a man about it! So much hate.

Zithax
12-24-2010, 03:57 PM
hey man, they said no bad players

Knuckle
12-24-2010, 04:06 PM
hey man, they said no bad players

Yeah I know, I just never could get down the PVE in everquest classic, it's crazy hard you know? I tried attacking this dragon and it aggroed me and I died on a raid. Ever since I've had this mental block and keep causing wipes on naggy and vox, it's totally ruined my pve credentials and I kick myself everyday remembering it. Since then I've tried to kind of cover it up by feigning illnesses before raids and tucking away in splitpaw where I can show those gnolls who are boss, ya dig?

Zithax
12-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah I know, I just never could get down the PVE in everquest classic, it's crazy hard you know? I tried attacking this dragon and it aggroed me and I died on a raid. Ever since I've had this mental block and keep causing wipes on naggy and vox, it's totally ruined my pve credentials and I kick myself everyday remembering it. Since then I've tried to kind of cover it up by feigning illnesses before raids and tucking away in splitpaw where I can show those gnolls who are boss, ya dig?

How do you maintain membership in a raiding guild while not attending raids? Your story doesn't add up friend; RIDDLE ME THIS.

jeffd
12-24-2010, 07:04 PM
house of cards coming down right now tbh

Holey
12-24-2010, 07:47 PM
/BOOMP

Scrooge
12-25-2010, 02:30 AM
How do you maintain membership in a raiding guild while not attending raids? Your story doesn't add up friend; RIDDLE ME THIS.

It's possible!

Raylan
12-25-2010, 03:41 AM

you obivously didnt see what he did there...

Knuckle
12-25-2010, 05:18 PM
you obivously didnt see what he did there...

It would appear subtlety is lost on this community, and a few chromosomes.

karsten
12-27-2010, 03:43 AM
hi folks, just a quick note -- I get quite a few tells from random people asking me "hey what is your guild all about" and "hey what are your plans" -- everything should be pretty clear in the OP as well as the few posts following. If you are curious about specific things that arent covered in this thread, go ahead and shoot tells around (I am often also on my necro, his name is Pope) and otherwise, remember that READING FIRST IS GOOD

Badmartigan
12-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Bump for some legit players.

razorz
12-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Too legit to quit? Oh snap.

karsten
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I would mention that I often call our guild <PantsNotOn> and that the officer corps are all facebook friends which is the same as being irl friends

Krayzie
01-01-2011, 02:18 AM
I smell planes!

Slathar
01-01-2011, 04:46 AM
this guild seems pretty sweet. i wana know if it will help me get my penis fellated though? comments?

Holey
01-02-2011, 05:48 AM
/bump

Raylan
01-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I would mention that I often call our guild <PantsNotOn> and that the officer corps are all facebook friends which is the same as being irl friends

QFT

karsten
01-06-2011, 06:41 AM
I am more like Toejam, whereas Mardur is more the Earl type

Omnimorph
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I am more like Toejam, whereas Mardur is more the Earl type

Jammin' reference.

Omni approves.

bluejam
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
I approve OmniApproval©.

KilyenaMage
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Pantheon, the Artisan of War !!!!

http://images.mmosite.com/news/2010/01/22/lol/pantheon1.jpg

jeffd
01-08-2011, 03:27 AM
look at the size of those fuckin toes

bluejam
01-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Imagine what he's packing in his private area with feet like that. :O

DetroitVelvetSmooth
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Larger than average toenail clippers and a couple cans of Tinacten I'd guess.

Mardur
01-10-2011, 01:43 AM
What's going on with Pantheon now?

Less than a month from its formation, our members are now mostly 46+ and we've been making strides in the planes. We have managed to come close to completing gear sets for many of our members, while also keeping the guild lean. We are currently at a core of a couple groups of people who work well together and also share common goals. We're very successfully sticking to our original vision: putting together a guild of people who 1) enjoy playing with each other, and 2) raid efficiently and effectively. We will continue to get upgrades out of Hate, Fear, and Sky while avoiding pointlessly waiting 12+ hours for spawns, all the while positioning for the Kunark raiding scene.

If you're interested in joining us, please direct questions and/or interest to either myself or Karsten. While we are selective, all you need to become a member are the following qualities:

1) A good attitude
2) A willingness to improve and openness to constructive critique
3) Ventrilo
4) Boobs (optional but highly preferred)

karsten
01-10-2011, 03:53 AM

Actually Moobs are preferred over Boobs! Less drama that way hehe

mitic
01-10-2011, 07:33 AM

we srsly should start to headhunt all those vesica dei gals, i miss them in our vent :(

Bubbles
01-10-2011, 09:10 AM
we srsly should start to headhunt all those vesica dei gals, i miss them in our vent :(

It may take us 6 hours to mobilze for even fire giants, but we have the best vent ever! :P

mitic
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
It may take us 6 hours to mobilze for even fire giants, but we have the best vent ever! :P

bubbles, you have the sexiest voice ive ever heard VOIP

marry me, srsly

ps: or was it coldblooded? :D

razorz
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
bubbles, you have the sexiest voice ive ever heard VOIP

marry me, srsly

^--

karsten
01-11-2011, 07:25 AM
pretty sure stormy has the best voice! it was one of those "smoked way too many cigarettes so now i am great at phone sex" voices

oh and you just KNEW she looked like an aging waitress at a diner or something

mitic
01-11-2011, 07:45 AM
stormy...was that the DE/wiz on vztz?

gschissene arbeit echt...keine lust dzt, glaub ich werd mir ende jänner ne weitere woche freinehmen :(

karsten
01-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Guys, today is Mardur's birthday, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://coolest-birthday-cakes.shippony.com/images/characters/hello-kitty/hello-kitty-birthday-cake-01.jpg

Holey
01-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Guys, today is Mardur's birthday, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://coolest-birthday-cakes.shippony.com/images/characters/hello-kitty/hello-kitty-birthday-cake-01.jpg

Happy birfday!

Anderdale
01-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Happy Birthday Mardur

karsten
01-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Guys someone buy our Withered Totem of Widdershins aka the best draco drop ever

tsonka
01-20-2011, 11:36 AM
bump

karsten
01-20-2011, 11:37 AM
thought I'd give kind of a description of what we are already up to:

growing very slow on purpose made me think we wouldnt be really even doing much before kunark -- as previously stated I expect the general activity on this server not to spike again until kunark comes out, which in turn will drastically alter the status quo.

that said, I am amazed at a couple things that we have already been able to accomplish. The first is the fact that not only are we raiding daily, but we are contributing to raids disproportionately more than our numbers suggest.

The second has to do with the general skill level of the members that we have. It is extremely refreshing to know that I dont have to micromanage people.

The third is that I really enjoy the personalities of everyone so far. It is a neat combination of high-focus when necessary and easygoing, team oriented attitudes.

So, again, whether you know Mardur and me from before or if you are relatively new, shoot us a tell if you think you'd be a good fit.

dscar23
01-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Just curious is there a level requirement? Really interested in joining, EQ vet who just found out about this server and be looking to roll a healer

Mardur
01-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Just curious is there a level requirement? Really interested in joining, EQ vet who just found out about this server and be looking to roll a healer

Not at this moment, as long as you intend on making a strong commitment to attaining 46+ for your planar gear.

dscar23
01-22-2011, 11:37 AM
It could be a realistic possibility, considering I'm back in school and have a solid amount of free time. What classes are currently in demand?

Bilge Farfathom
01-22-2011, 06:55 PM
raiding everyday as in looting rots from other guilds you follow at zin.

keep up the good work im sure your guildies will have a full set in no time.

thedude
01-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Does raiding with IB/darkwind collecting their loot rots even count?

karsten
01-23-2011, 09:27 AM
to sort of speak to the previous posts, we've been primarily raiding with IB and Darkwind, but not exclusively. In general on the raids we go on, regardless of what guild we have been going with, the loots have been split up more or less in accordance with force size, meaning that if we have 7 on a raid and some other guild has got 28, then if our guys are able to swing 1/5th of the loot, they are in a good spot. Some of it would otherwise have rotted, but certainly not all -- a bit of asking around will demonstrate this to be the case.

We have had other guilds follow us in on raids, both to hate and to fear, but not the other way around. To reiterate two points: 1. doing a planar raid with seven people strikes me as silly/masochistic, and certainly not efficient, so the way we do things right now makes more sense. 2. again, I never really even thought we would be at this point already given our small numbers and relative youth of the guild.

Jjlent
01-24-2011, 01:51 AM
we have been doing fear/hate daily successfully wit about 6-10 people efficiently and successfully so it's certainly not silly/masochistic. no disrespect meant whatsoever dude just saying its possible. again really not meant as a slight on u guys just saying its feasible

Jjlent/Blane - Officer/Founding Member of Eclipse

Stibe
01-24-2011, 01:59 AM
we have been doing fear/hate daily successfully wit about 6-10 people efficiently and successfully so it's certainly not silly/masochistic. no disrespect meant whatsoever dude just saying its possible. again really not meant as a slight on u guys just saying its feasible

Jjlent/Blane - Officer/Founding Member of Eclipse

And fun.

thedude
01-24-2011, 02:01 AM
;

Nedala
01-24-2011, 03:14 AM
or not everyones guild includes only casters/pet classes. I hate to break with your dreams, but you guys doing nothing impressive there.

Jjlent
01-24-2011, 03:28 AM
lol you mad brew? we do hate with tank/clerics/enchs

Jjlent
01-24-2011, 03:32 AM
as i said man, no disrepect is meant whatsoever, i dont hate on anyone, was just saying its possible

karsten
01-24-2011, 03:49 AM
yeah, i mean, can also break fear with two people, stuff like that is just pretty low on my priority list -- not wanting to get into a pissing match, its just that we are looking to be doing things other than hateraid_number_248.

thedude
01-24-2011, 03:53 AM
yeah, i mean, can also break fear with two people, stuff like that is just pretty low on my priority list -- not wanting to get into a pissing match, its just that we are looking to be doing things other than hateraid_number_248.

Stibe
01-24-2011, 04:00 AM
So we have no idea who "the dude" is, so dont take his posts as coming from us.

Jjlent
01-24-2011, 04:03 AM
yea karsten i know, seriously man no disrespect was just saying

DevonG
01-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Who is this dude?

No hate from the eclipse camp whatsoever.

People do it their way, we do it ours. All to varying results.

Really, if he was affiliated he'd know we don't want to measure dicks out here and, in general, I'd like to think our actions only serve to reinforce that fact.

Please, thedude, cease and desist. It's great that you think we're great, but karsten is a classy dude, a player with a long sterling history round here, and a mad tight homeboy of eclipse on a whole.

Join pantheon if you wanna have fun.

Scrooge
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
yeah, i mean, can also break fear with two people

Nice touch there :)

karsten
01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
devon -- always been a fan of your crew.

scrooge -- yes that was a shout out :)

Zithax
01-24-2011, 09:34 PM
hiphop--hiphopanonymous?

damn you! you give him easy the easy ones!

Thetruth
02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
The truth is,

This guild has two to three players left in it. The guild leaders are IB rejects and clowns. Everyone left this guild because they infact suck.

Thetruth
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
The truth is,

You guys wanna merge guilds with mine? The truth? Because the truth hurts....