PDA

View Full Version : Answer to the Bard question

Spyder73
03-23-2016, 11:54 AM
So last night I was duoing with a monk in CoM on my necro and I notice a 100 mob train steam rolling through the courtyard. OK whatever. Eventually my partner needs to leave so I join stables group and we continue killing and I am quite content healing and doing other necro activities…then another 100 mob train run through the courtyard. Ok…Starting to get annoyed a little because I sense this is going to go south on us at some point, but its not really effecting me since I'm not in the cities upper floors and our puller was able to FD.

Then about an hour later I glance at at OOC and I see there is a Bard (who will remain nameless) fighting with people in chat about why his kiting in CoM is perfectly acceptable and everyone else on the server is bad. I don’t know if he is the one doing all this sh!t earlier or if he just came after. I reply in OOC that swarming in CoM, no matter what scenario, is a pretty douchy move since it’s a prime leveling zone for the server.

He sends me a tell saying “xplain”. I tell him that swarming in CoM is retarded because when you lose your kite the mobs path back through and eat the rest of the zone and that there are better zones to kite in than CoM. He xplains to me that he is a famous YouTube Bard and that I am a mad/bad and I am upset by the method he is killing. “What I am doing is no different from a shaman rot rooting the upper floors”. Maybe that’s fair to say, maybe it isn’t, I don’t think its equivalent at all. But I saved the log and maybe in a month or two we can have a “Clear argues with Clear” thread because he was berging out hard and wanted to fight with someone.

But I say all that to say this – If you are a bard – don’t f@cking swarm kite in the popular leveling zones. This is why people hate Bards. There are places all over Kunark and Velious for you sh!tlords to do your asshattery. Stay out of CoM, Stay out of MM, Stay out of KC, Stay out of SolB

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Drugs

Spyder73
03-23-2016, 12:02 PM
IRYD - King of the sh!tlords. ALL HAIL YOUR MAJESTY

/bow
/grovel
/bow
/grovel
/bow

Pokesan
03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
you belong in a zoo

indiscriminate_hater
03-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Damnit guess my days of swarm kiting solb are over

Sodors Finest Poster
03-23-2016, 12:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GRvkg88.gif

Speedi
03-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Sounds like the same bard here ...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231882

Why do you both refuse to name the person that's causing all the trouble?

Swish
03-23-2016, 12:35 PM
But I say all that to say this – If you are a bard – don’t f@cking swarm kite in the popular leveling zones. This is why people hate Bards. There are places all over Kunark and Velious for you sh!tlords to do your asshattery. Stay out of CoM, Stay out of MM, Stay out of KC, Stay out of SolB

This should apply to powerlevelers generally. Often find them in CB and Unrest sweeping the place clean.

Sodors Finest Poster
03-23-2016, 12:41 PM
This should apply to powerlevelers generally. Often find them in CB and Unrest sweeping the place clean.

Makes me wish there was a server where I could do something about that.

thufir
03-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Sounds like the same bard here ...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231882

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 01:52 PM

Says right there to the left of OP: Spyder73

xKoopa
03-23-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm currently lvling a twink monk with ~200k of random gear inc. fungi and cof. I solo camps without breaking a sweat that other ppl form 6 man groups for. Welcome to by-product of a server that's been Kunark locked 5 yrs and is topheavy as fuck. It's only going to get worse as time goes on.

Don't hate the player hate the game. Without any non classic plat sinks at endgame there's no way it'll go away. People just keep acquiring plat/items with nothing to do with it except funnel it to their 8th twink.

Swarming com and killin a bunch of ppl if you die/zone isnt really the same as soloing in solb tho

Seltius
03-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Ok so it has been a while since I played on Blue but I would think someone training through your camp and causing you to get "agro" well then you just have to CC what you can and zone out. Or once the mobs have "agroed" on you then just return them to sender. At what point does it violate PNP on Blue if say you grabbed a portion of his mobs that "agroed" and ran them around trying to give your group time to zone out then returned them to him or zoned them. I have never played a bard but seems to me from what I remember about watching them they have to group up the mobs and control them. Oh and if you have a charmed, buffed, and hasted pet that gets away when you zone

Sorry now I do not condone any of this behavior but I wouldn't think it would be your fault if the bard died to your err his own train but could always get a GM's opinion on it I am sure there are some guides and gms that are around.

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 03:08 PM
(who will remain nameless)

you have like 1200 nerds to play with on blue and you can't even name and shame 1 player?
weak.

maskedmelon
03-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Roll red. The bard would either invite you for xp bonus, die at the hands of you and or your group or get sniped by one of the wizzies parked there.

Seltius
03-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Roll red. The bard would either invite you for xp bonus, die at the hands of you and or your group or get sniped by one of the wizzies parked there.

QFT

or on Red you could just put up the Hookrs signal(modified Bat signal) and he comes and starts blowing up everyone in the zone. Everytime I zone into CoM on red I look to the sky to see if I can find Hookrs or his shadow standing like a gargoyle protecting the zone from Shenanigans.

Sodors Finest Poster
03-23-2016, 03:35 PM
I guess you can go as far as saying - We need a final solution to the Bard problem.

Spyder73
03-23-2016, 04:26 PM
I guess you can go as far as saying - We need a final solution to the Bard problem.

Thiefboy777
03-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Protip: Charm a random mob in the bards pull path and sow/haste it and give it 2 weapons then drop it

Also a reminder: You can pull singles off of anyone kiting more than 4 mobs as per Sirken's ruling. Just pull mobs off his kite til he fucks off. I've done that to like 4 different bards in the last couple weeks. Their tears are my fuel.

Yes, absolutely pull from the swarm. They typically get mad cause they don't know the rules.

Raghnar
03-23-2016, 08:07 PM
If you have good timing, blanket of forgetfulness should make for a funny hiccup in his swarm