PDA

View Full Version : Class selection

Nalefein
01-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm coming back to the game (on blue of course!)

Of course, I have no friends, no guild, no money. :( I did play EQ since 1999 until 2004 so I know how to play more or less :)

Wondering if you guys have any suggestions for a class/race combo that would:

1) Allow me to make some money/level quickly
2) Allow for a great social experience

I am thinking Wood Elf Druid (there are gahzillions) but wondering if there are any other ideas here.

I would be very grateful for your help in picking my 'getting started' class.
Thx!

Nuggie
01-20-2016, 09:01 PM
Shaman/ench to farm the money's. Then monk/rogue/bard/cleric

Recusco
01-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Enchanters are great for soloing once you get in late teens and can farm cash camps easily, they are also always welcome in groups as opposed to druids.

thufir
01-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Shaman or enchanter does the best job of getting money while still having the potential to provide you with good grouping experiences. They are both in high demand in groups, but can also solo tough things and hold good cash camps.

Daywolf
01-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Anything but yet another swarm kite bard taking advantage of the strafe bug and running everyone out of the zone :mad: again.

But, as far as for "there are gahzillions" it doesn't matter regarding druids imo. Someone is always looking for a port, someone for a sow, and even some for a heal in your group. If you play the class well, you won't have any real problems getting regular groups as you want. And when you don't want a group... you may even level faster :D

An alt to the druid, maybe a ranger? Not enough of them if that matters to you. Under played class, and some ranger only equipment that sells for less. Ranger is more or less a melee druid if you haven't played it before, so mentioning ranger here. Yeah makes plats, thanks to tracking. Added benefit if you or your alt/main takes up tailoring (tracking), brewing (forage), baking (track and forage), most trades benefit from forage.

But really, just play what you want, with whatever end-game plan you have in mind. It's less about too few or too many, just some classes are more ideal to certain end-game goals (e.g. the high-end raiding grind etc.).

Pyrion
01-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Just for completeness sake ill add necro here. Obviously a great solo class, but also a real boon for a group if the necro is able to stop using dots for that time (some necros out there who don't know how to group). A good necro can emulate almost every class. Tanking? Pet might be a solution. Healing? Necros can heal better than most people think. DPS? Yea, obviously covered. CC? Well, necros have an all purpose mez and a root and even snare and fear.

For my necro it was never hard to find groups.

Monty405
01-21-2016, 09:26 AM
Just for completeness sake ill add necro here. Obviously a great solo class, but also a real boon for a group if the necro is able to stop using dots for that time (some necros out there who don't know how to group). A good necro can emulate almost every class. Tanking? Pet might be a solution. Healing? Necros can heal better than most people think. DPS? Yea, obviously covered. CC? Well, necros have an all purpose mez and a root and even snare and fear.

For my necro it was never hard to find groups.

This. Also a strong benefit in popular leveling zones which have undead (lower guk / city of mist / KC / Sebilis ect..)