PDA

View Full Version : Red99 guilds update

Videri
12-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Dear Red99, especially alumni of <PDM> and <TMO>,

This is a critical time on Red99. <Pandemonium> and <TMO> were two guilds that helped new players progress. Now that both have dissolved, there is a risk that some players will quit the server and our population will suffer.

I know what it's like to lose a guild suddenly, and I know what it's like to see a guild slowly fall apart. It's discouraging and it can make you doubt whether there is a place for you on this server. But if you still want to play, you need a new guild or group to call home. Let's talk about the guilds currently active on Red99:

• <Thunderdome> If you're new to the server looking for leveling and grouping, try <Thunderdome> for a family atmosphere with helpful players and goodhearted leaders. recruitment thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195116)
(I feel there is now a space for an additional leveling guild with a different style than <TD>.)
• <Casual Scum> If you want to PvP, raid, and progress your character with a group of certified cool and normal companions, introduce yourself to <Casual Scum> in Teamspeak. recruitment thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205491)
• <Friends> If you want to PvP, raid, and progress your character with a group of possibly insane yet also quite endearing individuals, and you are either an experienced player or a very active player, contact a member of <Friends> and participate with them in Teamspeak. recruitment thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183515)
• <Empire> If you want to see endgame Velious raid content right away, talk to <Empire>. They have a blend of players ranging from blue transplants to hardcore PvPers (/nod Crouton). recruitment thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164414)
• <Prophets of Slosh> are a small crew of RL friends who seem to recruit based on individual friendships that develop in-game. Contact them in-game if interested.

ALL of these guilds can provide both camaraderie AND character/pixel progression. No matter which guild you join, your rate of character progression and EQ skill development is proportional to your time investment. No guild will farm your MR gear for you.

Note that all of these guilds have some casual players as well as some dedicated every-day-or-nearly-so players. There are some <Friends> you rarely see, and some <Casual Scum> who are definitely not casual (also not scum).

A warning: if you ever notice you're only logging in for scheduled raids, I believe that's a sign you're losing interest. That's the danger zone. I got to that point once, hung in for a while, and quit shortly thereafter. If you feel uninspired, it may be time to meet a new group of friends. Your mileage may vary. Just remember there are other guilds that are totally fun to play with, and other ways of playing this game.

I'd like to hear what people have to say about the current guild environment. Do we need more guilds? Fewer? What can we learn from the aftermath of the <TMO> migration and <Pandemonium>'s appearance? How can we promote population and server health? I'm curious to hear what thoughts people have.

inb4 someone makes fun of me for writing a lot and/or caring about the server, thanks for that valuable input,
Tala

Redi
12-09-2015, 06:03 PM
This is an excellent write up sir, but I'd like to request an amendment that <friends> are on an Asian raiding schedule for classic content such as vox/nagafen. This should help direct our Asian population to a raiding guild in their prime time.

Keep up the good work.

Jazzy
12-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Good post Tala pal

im currently on a lengthy break from game. So this is a good update on the latest goings on.

All the active guilds as listed above have their share of cool and normal bros.

Whatever people choose, lets just hope they stick around

BardPop
12-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Lets not forget a new guild that crosses all boundaries between the others,
<Department of Fun>, P99's funnest guild, seeking volunteers.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221283

Phistt
12-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Great write up very helpful for new players like myself looking for a home.

You sir are the real mvp

Phistt
50 monk

Telron
12-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Tala MVP for P99 Infos. Great and fair summary.

Servant
12-09-2015, 10:03 PM
There's a few extra pvp-centric guilds too... Hateraid's guild that I can't remember the name of, the sparkle kittens guild, Domingueros de Norrath, etc.

dontbanpls
12-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Server needs a homosexual friendly guild

Madbad
12-10-2015, 12:16 AM

recruit and contest

Telron
12-10-2015, 12:54 AM
I wish there were more smaller guilds. Crews of like 12 - 20 that just fucking played the game without stressing about who's getting what better loot.

Beastagoog
12-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Good write up.

Prob the best thing a <friends> member has done for the server in a long time.

There is hope.

Gaunja
12-10-2015, 08:11 AM
I wish there were more smaller guilds. Crews of like 12 - 20 that just fucking played the game without stressing about who's getting what better loot.

Waiting for a GM to respond to my petition. Your description embodies my vision.

Kerwin
12-10-2015, 10:03 AM
LFguild pm me

Uton
12-10-2015, 10:08 AM
WTB sticky on this and an ability to edit by OP or forum mod in case guild list evolves.

thx

Smedy
12-10-2015, 10:23 AM
tala quiet possible most mature individual on the server, there for i hate u

<3

Malevz
12-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Good post.

Gaunja
12-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Can you update with the leader / core officership of each guild? I am interested to know who leads and who is officer. I honestly don't know

DRAGONBAIT
12-10-2015, 12:01 PM
i need some people so me and a friend are able to tag up, we gonna start from there and take it slow, aiming for planes, kael and ww dragons like content with 6-8 people.

im asking for help with the creation, u need 10 + GM right? then u guys can detag its all fine, plz if u can help send me a pm with ur ingame char and ill contact u. We really need like 2 or 3 more people able to help us on creation to make this happen, thanks.

lvl 1 alts will work for this.

Gaunja
12-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Dragon, read your PM good sir.

Telron
12-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Waiting for a GM to respond to my petition. Your description embodies my vision.

A+++ will support in any way i can.

DRAGONBAIT
12-10-2015, 01:09 PM
There's a few extra pvp-centric guilds too... Hateraid's guild that I can't remember the name of, the sparkle kittens guild, Domingueros de Norrath, etc.

domingueros is not pvp centric, they are back to blue also

Gaunja
12-10-2015, 01:24 PM
A+++ will support in any way i can.

Thank you good sir

HippoNipple
12-10-2015, 01:55 PM
I love reading posts from new players that think this era is a critical point in the server like it is on the verge of sustained balanced PvP and competition.

The most you could hope for with a revolution is a new guild tag with maybe 1-2 different leaders leading the same 150 raiders.

Videri
12-10-2015, 03:33 PM
I love reading posts from new players that think this era is a critical point in the server like it is on the verge of sustained balanced PvP and competition.

The most you could hope for with a revolution is a new guild tag with maybe 1-2 different leaders leading the same 150 raiders.

Ouchie!

I don't think we're about to have a whole new era, but it is a critical time because we're about to lose 20-40 players if they don't think they have options here.

If you still played, you'd know the majority of <Empire> players don't seem to go out in Norrath much. There's actually some PvP going on in places the zerg is not. The 90-man zerg need not be involved for the rest of us to have fun.

It would be cool if there were 2+ guilds who were similarly matched so they could fight each other tooth and nail on even footing. I'm hoping the population rises and guilds arise.

Telron
12-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Ouchie!

The 90-man zerg need not be involved for the rest of us to have fun.

Yup. 100% true. And any attempt to make a large guild to compete with empire just reduces the number of targets for pvp.

Keep it small. Keep it diverse. Keep it fun

Videri
12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
There's a few extra pvp-centric guilds too... Hateraid's guild that I can't remember the name of...

<United Blood Nation> - They were admirably rabid PvPers, but I'm sorry to say I haven't seen them in weeks. People told me most of this small guild were simultaneously members of <Empire>. Maybe Hateraid can shed more light. I couldn't find a recruitment thread.

<Domingueros de Norrath>, basado en España, es el unico confradía en Red99 que hablan Español ante todo. No hay un post de reclutamiento aqui - hispanohablantes deben buscarlos en Norrath y preguntarlos sobre participando con ellos.

<Kittens Who Sparkle> - Well...maybe you'd better just look for yourself. recruitment thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218468)

Lets not forget a new guild that crosses all boundaries between the others,
<Department of Fun>, P99's funnest guild, seeking volunteers.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221283

Very interesting! I look forward to seeing how the <Department of Fun> will bring glee to our bleak and troll-infested version of Norrath.

Videri
12-10-2015, 05:51 PM
domingueros is not pvp centric, they are back to blue also

Ah. Los Domingueros han movado al Blue server.

Kergan
12-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Ouchie!

I don't think we're about to have a whole new era, but it is a critical time because we're about to lose 20-40 players if they don't think they have options here.

If you still played, you'd know the majority of <Empire> players don't seem to go out in Norrath much. There's actually some PvP going on in places the zerg is not. The 90-man zerg need not be involved for the rest of us to have fun.

It would be cool if there were 2+ guilds who were similarly matched so they could fight each other tooth and nail on even footing. I'm hoping the population rises and guilds arise.

Replace Empire with Nihilum, Friends with Azrael, Casual Scum with Red Dawn, etc and you could have made basically the same exact post 1-2 years ago I think is Hippo's point. I think just about anyone who has ever played here agrees more competition would make the server more enjoyable but it just never seems to materialize for more than a few weeks every once in a while.

Kudos for trying though, it was a good post and seemed very unbiased and fair.*

*Disclaimer: I don't play and therefor have no idea what I'm talking about or if anything you said was accurate.

Videri
12-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Replace Empire with Nihilum, Friends with Azrael, Casual Scum with Red Dawn, etc and you could have made basically the same exact post 1-2 years ago I think is Hippo's point. I think just about anyone who has ever played here agrees more competition would make the server more enjoyable but it just never seems to materialize for more than a few weeks every once in a while.

Kudos for trying though, it was a good post and seemed very unbiased and fair.*

*Disclaimer: I don't play and therefor have no idea what I'm talking about or if anything you said was accurate.

Innnnnteresting. Do you think history is repeating itself? Can you tell me what happens next?

And I guess my main goal with this post was not having a bunch of people quit like at the end of <Good Guys>. I'm hoping they find new homes.

Kergan
12-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Innnnnteresting. Do you think history is repeating itself? Can you tell me what happens next?

And I guess my main goal with this post was not having a bunch of people quit like at the end of <Good Guys>. I'm hoping they find new homes.

I will say that there is one enormous difference between back then and now - the fact Velious hadn't been released yet. If you think about what options a non-Nihilum guild had in Kunark it was pretty bad. Azrael had moderate success sniping high end targets and gearing up their members, but nobody else really did anything aside from planar clears. Velious adds a TON more gearing options, and even if the divide between a fully NTOV/sleepers geared Empire character and someone from CS is just as wide as the Kunark era, people still see regular character progression to keep them engaged.

I'd also say that from what I read on the forums, Empire is just as dominant as Nihilum was but there are lots more choices/options for people. Honestly, TMO going belly up might actually benefit the server if it strengthens the remaining guilds.

dontbanpls
12-10-2015, 10:04 PM
lol at this guy complainin there aren't two big guilds on the server after making sure that there wouldnt be

Taboo
12-11-2015, 12:50 PM
I would actually play more here if there was a solid choice other than being an outcast or a zerg. (Not meaning that's a bad thing if you like those settings)

I missed the days of Eternal Light. Was a decent up and coming guild that got absorbed up.

I do like the Casual Scum guys. Great attitude win or lose with them from what I have seen.

Colgate
12-11-2015, 12:59 PM
this time around the meaningful content is actually difficult, and the dominant guild has primal weapons and their core actually has a gear advantage

i don't think there will be any "competition" aside from smaller guilds trying easy/shitty mobs while we freefarm mobs like vulak

sure, it would be cool with 2 top end guilds going at it on a balanced playing field, but velious is not the expansion for that, and the population cannot sustain that

not to mention, it's the same repeat-failures leading the opposing guilds

Jazzy
12-11-2015, 01:12 PM
People will continue playing until they can no longer progress in their favoured setting. Its primarily a game about getting pixuls bruhs

Kergan
12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
People will continue playing until they can no longer progress in their favoured setting. Its primarily a game about getting pixuls bruhs

Yeah, this is 100% correct. I think Velious offers a much better opportunity than classic or Kunark though for a smaller guild to see continuous gains, even if the reality is they are falling even further behind the top geared players.

The biggest mistake that a lot of the larger up and coming guilds that have failed here have made is trying to compete directly with a force that is larger, better equipped and is more active. The reality of the situation, as Colgate stated above, is that the limiting factor to this server is low population and that has always been the case. Empire is no bigger than most of the top tier guilds that were on EQ live servers. The difference is on those servers you had literally 5-10x the playerbase to draw from if not more.

Plus there is the fact that every time there has been a battle on R99 where more than 100 players are involved the entire zone turns into a laggy desyncing shithole that isn't fun for anyone. Even if by some stroke of amazing luck another rival guild of similar size to Empire happened along, the mass PVP would be so frustrating it would probably lead to more people quitting than joining in the fun.

Huelath
12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
this time around the meaningful content is actually difficult, and the dominant guild has primal weapons and their core actually has a gear advantage

i don't think there will be any "competition" aside from smaller guilds trying easy/shitty mobs while we freefarm mobs like vulak

sure, it would be cool with 2 top end guilds going at it on a balanced playing field, but velious is not the expansion for that, and the population cannot sustain that

not to mention, it's the same repeat-failures leading the opposing guilds

i will disagree with you there friend

if friends decided that avoiding YT wasn't their #1 priority and actually invited people they could be sniping meaningful mobs left and right considering empire's ultra casual friendly raid schedule, which would narrow the gear gap, but they are too proud (in a lot of cases too delusional) to do so

mobs off the top of my head that are left up that friends could be killing:

everything in kael -aow
dozekar
basically everything in ntov that isn't aaryonar or vyemm
wtov

so yeah like basically the whole expansion, god knows they can box enough clerics

Kergan
12-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Let's be honest here, if Friends started dropping the majority of those mobs they'd no longer sit up for days nor would they get uncontested shots at it.

Gaunja
12-11-2015, 02:09 PM
How does one get away with boxing? Isn't it easy to catch?

heartbrand
12-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Let's be honest here, if Friends started dropping the majority of those mobs they'd no longer sit up for days nor would they get uncontested shots at it.

Taboo
12-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Leadership like what Colgate touched on is the other major factor.

The only ones that are willing to lead are not really cut out to do so. And lets face it, the rest of us don't want a second job.

This game was not meant for pvp as we have proven time and time again by the lopsided pve based guilds that end up running the show and only log in to loot shineys, not to pvp.

To be honest I do not know why anyone would choose blue over red currently for raiding. All it takes is an application here and the ability to show up to get any gear you could want. Most people I think would love that.

billhollins
12-11-2015, 05:02 PM

Chortled

Videri
12-11-2015, 05:06 PM
To be honest I do not know why anyone would choose blue over red currently for raiding. All it takes is an application here and the ability to show up to get any gear you could want. Most people I think would love that.

Do you guys think <Empire> will reach some critical mass where there are too many players and not enough loot, creating fertile soil for a competing guild?

Videri
12-11-2015, 05:19 PM
lol at this guy complainin there aren't two big guilds on the server after making sure that there wouldnt be

I'm guessing you're just trolling, but it seems to me I was one little part of a second big guild, <Good Guys>, which for about 3-4 weeks was AWESOME. We fought <Empire> with similar numbers on several occasions and won more often than we lost. Many newer players, including <Fresh> alumni, got their first taste of Kunark pixels and epics. Following players like Mirkuls, Vaporize, and Salem into battle was thrilling. And, to be honest, following Lite in PvP was inspiring, too. I felt like a wolf in a pack playing with these guys. It was truly a glimpse of what the server could be like, and for that reason I mourn it. I doubt <Fresh> would have gotten there because those more experienced players would never have joined what they saw as a guild for noobs.

Fortunately for me, I'm still guilded with the best and most just of the players I mentioned. And those <Fresh> with the tenacity to stick around after their guild was disbanded around them are now playing with <Casual Scum>, leading the server in honor and fun the way <Fresh> did. So, there's my typical heartfelt response to your typical bitter jab.

Colgate
12-11-2015, 05:34 PM
if you won more than you lost, why did your guild disband after less than a month?

Videri
12-11-2015, 05:48 PM
if you won more than you lost, why did your guild disband after less than a month?

First of all, please don't exaggerate - it was longer than a month. Please just be accurate and fair and not so snide.

I'm not sure I know why <Good Guys> faltered. It seemed like it was going great; I was out of town for a week; and when I got back, there were fewer people in TS and the vibe was lower. If I had to pick something, I'd say a couple people in leadership positions made bad calls (Greave-gate, camping out to avoid PvP more often than we should have), and some players were confused and turned off by that.

I believe losing Jibekn and Lite left a leadership vacuum that we didn't fill quickly enough, especially since Vapo was stuck with leveling a new character to 60 after Gyno got all his characters banned. You guys lost useless Gyno for a few weeks; we lost one of our most inspiring and beloved leaders for a few critical weeks. GG.

Thoughts?

Colgate
12-11-2015, 05:52 PM
i'm so sorry you chose to follow multiple people who all had a vast history of RMTing and leading failed guilds

i'm also very sorry that you think that guild had any success outside of keeping the timer for trakanon, the mob the fewest amount of people cared about in empire, at 4 AM for a week and a half

i fear there is no cure for your condition

Beastagoog
12-11-2015, 06:02 PM
First of all, please don't exaggerate - it was longer than a month. Please just be accurate and fair and not so snide.

I'm not sure I know why <Good Guys> faltered. It seemed like it was going great; I was out of town for a week; and when I got back, there were fewer people in TS and the vibe was lower. If I had to pick something, I'd say a couple people in leadership positions made bad calls (Greave-gate, camping out to avoid PvP more often than we should have), and some players were confused and turned off by that.

I believe losing Jibekn and Lite left a leadership vacuum that we didn't fill quickly enough, especially since Vapo was stuck with leveling a new character to 60 after Gyno got all his characters banned. You guys lost useless Gyno for a few weeks; we lost one of our most inspiring and beloved leaders for a few critical weeks. GG.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure <Good Guys> was doomed to fail from the start.

Sorry.

--

Agatha's crew/Salem's crew/Lite's crew/Vapo's Crew/Sloshes Crew all housed under one alliance was never gunna work.

Just recall the BS Salem's crew were pulling with CT a few months back.

dontbanpls
12-11-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm guessing you're just trolling, but it seems to me I was one little part of a second big guild, <Good Guys>, which for about 3-4 weeks was AWESOME. We fought <Empire> with similar numbers on several occasions and won more often than we lost. Many newer players, including <Fresh> alumni, got their first taste of Kunark pixels and epics. Following players like Mirkuls, Vaporize, and Salem into battle was thrilling. And, to be honest, following Lite in PvP was inspiring, too. I felt like a wolf in a pack playing with these guys. It was truly a glimpse of what the server could be like, and for that reason I mourn it. I doubt <Fresh> would have gotten there because those more experienced players would never have joined what they saw as a guild for noobs.

Fortunately for me, I'm still guilded with the best and most just of the players I mentioned. And those <Fresh> with the tenacity to stick around after their guild was disbanded around them are now playing with <Casual Scum>, leading the server in honor and fun the way <Fresh> did. So, there's my typical heartfelt response to your typical bitter jab.

You sat in Fresh TS constantly trying to inspire people to abandon it. You absolutely abused the trust that I put into you. Your pandering to abandoning what I had struggled to create was IMO largely responsible for my decision. You still don't take any responsibility for your actions and think that you made the right call even though you recognize that the result was detrimental to the server over the long term. The result was EXACTLY what I predicted. If you can't still see that you probably never will and that is why people shouldn't pay any attention to what you have to think about it. That and the fact that you are glorifying people who RMT'd and did tons of other shitty things with their time on the box like Mirkuls the roid ranger, Lite the boxer/thief/etcetc and Vaporize the greediest scumbag outside of heartbrand.

TL"DR you suck butts for a living

Uuruk
12-11-2015, 07:35 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/70/70d9775a4cfb1cc8116c47e3d6559cbe40c702543956c5d162 c52ede8ee6c945.jpg

Xaanka
12-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Good thread Tala, but you missed something important. You should mention what approx times and days each guild raids at, since this is a big factor in a lot of peoples' choice of guild, and likelihood of remaining active & immersed within the guild they call home. For instance, euro and asia/aus timezone people are more likely to find raids which work for their schedule with Friends while US timezone 9-5 people would have a better time in CS or Empire.

First thing I asked <Empire> after tagging up was if they were an LGBT friendly guild. Fandango asked me where I live ;)

i need some people so me and a friend are able to tag up, we gonna start from there and take it slow, aiming for planes, kael and ww dragons like content with 6-8 people.

im asking for help with the creation, u need 10 + GM right? then u guys can detag its all fine, plz if u can help send me a pm with ur ingame char and ill contact u. We really need like 2 or 3 more people able to help us on creation to make this happen, thanks.

lvl 1 alts will work for this.

Sure message Anime in game. Same goes for anyone else who wants to form a guild and needs head count to get started. All of my alts are currently untagged and I don't really care what guild they have next to their names.

dontbanpls
12-11-2015, 08:52 PM
That's a really dumb rule even if classic, Think about all the guilds the box has seen that never would have been if that had been the rule the whole time

Videri
12-11-2015, 09:38 PM
You sat in Fresh TS constantly trying to inspire people to abandon it.

I guess you and I just remember this differently. I didn't have to inspire others to join <Good Guys>. We were all thirsty for <Empire> blood.

You still don't take any responsibility for your actions and think that you made the right call even though you recognize that the result was detrimental to the server over the long term.

Not at all. <Good Guys> was great for the server. When it fell apart, that was detrimental to the server.

Doing <Good Guys> was the right call. Including certain players was not. Unfortunately, there were no reliable sources that could have warned us. How could we take advice from our enemies in <Empire> or from the notoriously fickle and unstable Mad Max?

That and the fact that you are glorifying people who RMT'd and did tons of other shitty things with their time on the box like Mirkuls the roid ranger, Lite the boxer/thief/etcetc and Vaporize the greediest scumbag outside of heartbrand.

I didn't say they were role models. While I don't admire RMT or boxing or various RL foibles, I'm not ashamed to say I admire their game skills.

TL"DR you suck butts for a living

Excuse me, you weren't supposed to tell anyone about my butt-sucking business.

dontbanpls
12-11-2015, 09:50 PM
I guess you and I just remember this differently. I didn't have to inspire others to join <Good Guys>. We were all thirsty for <Empire> blood.

Not at all. <Good Guys> was great for the server. When it fell apart, that was detrimental to the server.

Doing <Good Guys> was the right call. Including certain players was not. Unfortunately, there were no reliable sources that could have warned us. How could we take advice from our enemies in <Empire> or from the notoriously fickle and unstable Mad Max?

I didn't say they were role models. While I don't admire RMT or boxing or various RL foibles, I'm not ashamed to say I admire their game skills.

Excuse me, you weren't supposed to tell anyone about my butt-sucking business.

I was fighting empire so that first line is total bullshit. I did what the majority of the guild wanted even when I didn't want too, which is one reason that people should have listened to me. I also took nothing from the guild and used it only to promote the progression of the people in it, another good reason to trust that I had everyones best interests in mind. Furthermore Azrael was also our enemy and had been for almost the entirety of the guild which by the way got to where it did mostly without you, who where a level 30 something bard while we started doing planar clears and fighting with the rest of the server. also in closing I'd just like to say fuck you, if i ever got the chance i'd punch you in the fucking mouth

Videri
12-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Well, I think that's about as close as we'll come to a resolution on the <Fresh>/<Good Guys> grievance.

I will wear a football helmet if I ever visit your town.

dontbanpls
12-11-2015, 10:10 PM
yeah kick rocks maggot

Beastagoog
12-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Yikes............

Ragnaros
12-11-2015, 10:22 PM
I was fighting empire so that first line is total bullshit. I did what the majority of the guild wanted even when I didn't want too, which is one reason that people should have listened to me. I also took nothing from the guild and used it only to promote the progression of the people in it, another good reason to trust that I had everyones best interests in mind. Furthermore Azrael was also our enemy and had been for almost the entirety of the guild which by the way got to where it did mostly without you, who where a level 30 something bard while we started doing planar clears and fighting with the rest of the server. also in closing I'd just like to say fuck you, if i ever got the chance i'd punch you in the fucking mouth

L O L

Xaanka
12-11-2015, 11:37 PM
now that your guys rants are over can we get the op updated with what times/timezones/days each guild raids during?

Seltius
12-12-2015, 03:24 AM
also in closing I'd just like to say fuck you, if i ever got the chance i'd punch you in the fucking mouth

Seriously threat of violence from behind a keyboard doesn't help prove your point. You might fuck up and get the wrong person who would start hunting you down to break you in half after they gave you the chance to step up and be somebody.

Dude so when you make threats behind a keyboard do you ever just feel like your balls swell a little bit more? Then you feel like your somebody for just a moment until that dread sets in that they might find you and mace you over it? Just curious I get so little chance to observe true nerd rage that seeing this I just had to ask.

I am curious if Tala would sing opera or like jazz or something as he was beating the hell out of you.

Telron
12-12-2015, 03:29 AM
I would follow Maxx purely for the thrill...

dontbanpls
12-12-2015, 03:59 AM
Seriously threat of violence from behind a keyboard doesn't help prove your point. You might fuck up and get the wrong person who would start hunting you down to break you in half after they gave you the chance to step up and be somebody.

Dude so when you make threats behind a keyboard do you ever just feel like your balls swell a little bit more? Then you feel like your somebody for just a moment until that dread sets in that they might find you and mace you over it? Just curious I get so little chance to observe true nerd rage that seeing this I just had to ask.

I am curious if Tala would sing opera or like jazz or something as he was beating the hell out of you.

Maybe u should check pvp RNF so you can see that my dick is indeed enormous

Barladore
12-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Glad tala and the rest of fresh dropped the dead weight after they realized how shitty you are at the game and life. lol fuckoff ecolistatus nerd, no one likes you.

Jazzy
12-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Ill always be somewhat grateful to max for getting me started on the server. Something went bad along the way and obviously hes made some strange decisions but he'll stay a semi-bro in my opinion

OfftuneRZ
12-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Gear gap is getting bigger and bigger as people bicker back and forth in this thread. Something has to be done to stop empire. Is casual scum the up and coming resistance? As a casual with characters approaching 60 who should I ally with?

Zugsmash
12-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Gear gap is getting bigger and bigger as people bicker back and forth in this thread. Something has to be done to stop empire. Is casual scum the up and coming resistance? As a casual with characters approaching 60 who should I ally with?

If you want PvP join Empire.
If you want pixels join Empire.
If you want to spend your day/ night plugging, complaining, and wearing a tin-foil hat join Friends or Casual Scum.
If you want to help n00bs and do xp groups join Thunderdome.

tortue ninja
12-12-2015, 10:07 PM
RED SUXX

Gardur
12-12-2015, 11:27 PM
zugsmash no name warmbody anon account.

CS red as fuck cucking to noone underdog

Friends red as fuck fucking everyone psychotic superheros.

Empire raid simulator bluebie horde lead by pixel smaug.

R99 fun as shit.

Fuck you haters.

Also I'm hammered.

iiNGloriouS
12-13-2015, 12:27 AM
zugsmash no name warmbody anon account.

CS red as fuck cucking to noone
R99 fun as shit.

Fuck you haters.

Also I'm hammered.

Revy Approved. Thank god I'm still captain of the High T Beta Blasters.

Xaanka
12-13-2015, 03:59 AM
always wished there was a middle ground guild. like a pve focused guild with pvp based rewards integrated into its loot system. i don't mean just rewarding meaningless ganks and yt's, but stuff like awarding players items for disrupting enemy raids and defending your own, defending zones for leveling groups etc. would be really cool but i doubt it will ever happen until there's some degree of contesting on the server. maybe one day when/if the pve gap narrows.

casual scum's pretty close to fitting the niche (minus the direct rewards system) once they get a little more progressed in pve and they get their numbers up. i don't think either resistance guild could really support an idea like this until they've farmed content for mq's and droppables for longer tho but it's fun to dream.

right now things are so black and white between pve and pvp. only recently are pvp crews starting to realize they need pve players to get the pixels, and vice versa.

Videri
12-13-2015, 04:47 AM
CS red as fuck cucking to noone underdog

Friends red as fuck fucking everyone psychotic superheros.

Empire raid simulator bluebie horde lead by pixel smaug.

R99 fun as shit.

Fuck you haters.

Also I'm hammered.

Good summary, sir.

krazyGlue
12-13-2015, 01:37 PM
god i love max rage posts

Telron
12-13-2015, 03:46 PM
We need a guild who's primary focus is spreading meaningful PVP across norrath from 1-50. A guild OK with being a feeder guild. A guild devoted to helping newbs learn to pvp before they are shit on by NTOV geared or VP geared lvl 60 box heroes.

Thunderdome does a great job of helping ppl level, but the pvp part is almost non existent except getting pkd by some random twink.

When ppl roll red 99 they are looking to fight other players and you don't have to be 60 to do that.

Effectively everyone swarming to TD makes it a blue server from 1-50. Not a lot of ppl are going to want to waste that many hours leveling up a character in hopes of one day pvping.

Videri
12-13-2015, 04:36 PM
We need a guild who's primary focus is spreading meaningful PVP across norrath from 1-50. A guild OK with being a feeder guild. A guild devoted to helping newbs learn to pvp before they are shit on by NTOV geared or VP geared lvl 60 box heroes.

Thunderdome does a great job of helping ppl level, but the pvp part is almost non existent except getting pkd by some random twink.

When ppl roll red 99 they are looking to fight other players and you don't have to be 60 to do that.

Effectively everyone swarming to TD makes it a blue server from 1-50. Not a lot of ppl are going to want to waste that many hours leveling up a character in hopes of one day pvping.

Now we're getting to the good part of this thread.

TheDuck
12-13-2015, 06:00 PM
thought that was thunderdome, they are 1-50 mostly, and get textd on the regular.

Telron
12-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Lol but they actively tell there members to avoid PVP. Also having 2 factions from 1-50 would be nice. /shrug.

Gaunja
12-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Fuckin GMs take forever to answer a petition and make a guild

TheDuck
12-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Fuckin GMs take forever to answer a petition and make a guild

have you tried making a post in general chat about how bad CS is yet? that always works for me.

georgie
12-14-2015, 02:09 PM
still haven't seen u pvp bud wya?

Seltius
12-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Quick someone make 'Iksar And Friends' a reality on this server

Gaunja
12-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Pras Sirken. Finally created my guild last night. Thank you good sir!

Voland
12-16-2015, 07:24 PM

Like this?
https://youtu.be/GnSx7q89y1g?t=132

Videri
12-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Like this?
https://youtu.be/GnSx7q89y1g?t=132

No!! I PvP humanely. Somehow.

Xaanka
12-16-2015, 09:59 PM
likin how Tala keeps ignoring my comments about saying what times each guild raids at in the OP
bro cmon don't mislead players because your guild raids at asia timezone prime time, be impartial.

georgie
12-16-2015, 11:24 PM
if you want to raid join empire, if you want to play with friends well that's pretty obvious. what would you do if you have a torpor spell? sell it.

what would I do ? I already gave it away.

that's the difference

Colgate
12-16-2015, 11:37 PM
i like playing with my friends in empire because most of the people in the guild "friends" are socially awkward weirdos with psychological disorders

Xaanka
12-17-2015, 12:49 AM
i like playing with my friends in empire because most of the people in the guild "friends" are socially awkward weirdos with psychological disorders

Xaanka
12-17-2015, 12:52 AM
if you want to raid join empire, if you want to play with friends well that's pretty obvious. what would you do if you have a torpor spell? sell it.

what would I do ? I already gave it away.

that's the difference

i have 3k plat in my bank right now and i've given away hundreds of thousands of plat to new players to the server since i started on here. and 1-30 pl'd hundreds of accounts that were new players and not Guildie's 5th Alt. thats not a hypothetical "what if" either. i dont do it anymore, but.. many hours of handing out rubies in starting zones. im in <empire>

Videri
12-17-2015, 02:02 AM
likin how Tala keeps ignoring my comments about saying what times each guild raids at in the OP
bro cmon don't mislead players because your guild raids at asia timezone prime time, be impartial.

Guilds on a red server shouldn't tell anyone when they raid.

As for <Friends>, we are not limited to an "Asian" nor "Euro" nor "basement-dwelling pasty-faced neckbeard scum" raid schedule. We actually don't have a schedule, except a mob here and there. We pretty much work together on whatever people need, and/or do our own thing. When opportunities for fun arise, we do it together, as <Friends> are inclined to do.

My point is that people in <Empire> are trying to discourage players from being interested in joining us for this straw-man BS raid schedule thing.

That said, RECRUITMENT IS CLOSED. IF YOUR WISH IS TO RAID, GO BACK TO BLUE. LOL OWNED

Efwan
12-17-2015, 02:07 AM
Guilds on a red server shouldn't tell anyone when they raid.

As for <Friends>, we are not limited to an "Asian" nor "Euro" nor "basement-dwelling pasty-faced neckbeard scum" raid schedule. We actually don't have a schedule, except a mob here and there. We pretty much work together on whatever people need, and/or do our own thing. When opportunities for fun arise, we do it together, as <Friends> are inclined to do.

My point is that people in <Empire> are trying to discourage players from being interested in joining us for this straw-man BS raid schedule thing.

That said, RECRUITMENT IS CLOSED. IF YOUR WISH IS TO RAID, GO BACK TO BLUE. LOL OWNED

I think the only point he was trying to make is that at 8 pm est there are normally 2-3 friends online, yet at 5 am est there is 15. It's no secret to anyone on this server what friends does and when and there's no problem in either of those.

Colgate
12-17-2015, 02:07 AM
you mention a few mobs that you do have a schedule for - do you mind informing everyone what timezone primetime those mobs fall under?

vouss
12-17-2015, 02:12 AM
hey colgate if you are online sometime tonight PST

Videri
12-17-2015, 02:19 AM
I think the only point he was trying to make is that at 8 pm est there are normally 2-3 friends online, yet at 5 am est there is 15. It's no secret to anyone on this server what friends does and when and there's no problem in either of those.

App denied.

you mention a few mobs that you do have a schedule for - do you mind informing everyone what timezone primetime those mobs fall under?

You yourself seem to have time to sit online at those hours and watch us PvE. Would that we could all have that freedom.

Efwan
12-17-2015, 02:21 AM
App denied.

Confused..

Is this why I have screenshots of multiple members telling me to join friends? Including vapo right after I left CS lol. Just sit down Tala.

Molinior
12-17-2015, 02:23 AM
Confused..

Is this why I have screenshots of multiple members telling me to join friends? Including vapo right after I left CS lol. Just sit down Tala.

You got kicked out of cs

Xaanka
12-17-2015, 03:15 AM

this, it's very relevant to know this when you're deciding what guild to apply to. for some people cs's/empire's us primetime hours-focused schedules work best and for others its friends' euro/asia focused timezone schedules. if tala is legitimately making this thread to help players decide which guild is the best fit for them in effort to keep players active on the server he would recognize why i'm saying this. doesn't matter what elf team someone chooses, whats important is they have fun. no strawmans here, this is a legitimate point i'm addressing. i'm not being hyperbolic or trolling you tala. ya i'm empire but i'm making these posts because i care about server health and i don't like seeing players burn out/ghost and having a schedule conflicting with your guild is a fast track to losing immersion.

i mean its cool and all if friends wants to pick up some US/employed players and start doing things on that kind of schedule, tbh i'd like to see that and it would be a good thing for the server as a whole. but if that's what you're trying to do here it would be more appropriate to put that in your guild's recruitment thread instead of making this thinly veiled attempt is all :p

bolo
12-17-2015, 05:09 PM
<Domingueros de Norrath>, basado en España, es el unico confradía en Red99 que hablan Español ante todo. No hay un post de reclutamiento aqui - hispanohablantes deben buscarlos en Norrath y preguntarlos sobre participando con ellos.

We are a tight group of friends and mia on red99 and blue99.
Currently playing other games...

Servant
12-17-2015, 10:40 PM
A little idea I've thought about - I think it would be interesting if experienced raiders from Empire sponsored pug raids against old Vanilla/Kunark content perhaps twice a week, taking all comers (of adequate level, and with an eye towards class-mix) that aren't going to berg-out in TS or whatever, or perhaps arranging it with specific guilds.

I feel like this would be a good way for Empire to leverage their position of primacy to actively promote server health, to get some Empire alts involved in fun raids that they don't do anymore on their mains, and to provide a path for other people on the server to kind of "learn the ropes" in a raiding context and get used to the core strategies (rage, CH rotations, etc) in a friendly environment. I've had the pleasure of attending one raid with Empire (before getting kicked for lack of attendance, I'm pretty strictly casual,) and it was very well-run in terms of comms discipline and generally good attitude in the face of adversity. I think even a little experience in such an environment would go a long way in giving others a hand in learning how to catch a fish, so to speak.

DRAGONBAIT
12-17-2015, 11:30 PM
A little idea I've thought about - I think it would be interesting if experienced raiders from Empire sponsored pug raids against old Vanilla/Kunark content perhaps twice a week, taking all comers (of adequate level, and with an eye towards class-mix) that aren't going to berg-out in TS or whatever, or perhaps arranging it with specific guilds.

I feel like this would be a good way for Empire to leverage their position of primacy to actively promote server health, to get some Empire alts involved in fun raids that they don't do anymore on their mains, and to provide a path for other people on the server to kind of "learn the ropes" in a raiding context and get used to the core strategies (rage, CH rotations, etc) in a friendly environment. I've had the pleasure of attending one raid with Empire (before getting kicked for lack of attendance, I'm pretty strictly casual,) and it was very well-run in terms of comms discipline and generally good attitude in the face of adversity. I think even a little experience in such an environment would go a long way in giving others a hand in learning how to catch a fish, so to speak.

you are very missguided bro

DRAGONBAIT
12-18-2015, 03:16 AM

Valhalla, no rush.