PDA

View Full Version : Why do most if you exist (serious, not a diss)

Tobius
12-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Edit: Fucking phone keys, ballsed up title, good start.

So I've always wondered why there are so many “pointless" medium size guilds.

I can understand that for some people any guild that has an actual attendance requirement might be a problem. And I can understand why a big guild might not want 100's of memebers forming queues for raid drops.

On live there was a lot of gimmicky guilds, rp guilds , iksar only, etc etc. And those are fun and novel.

But on a server that has about 1000 players at a time I don't see why we don't have like 10 guilds of 100. (Couple of no lifers, awesome guilds like taken, and a few hopefulls nipping at the heels of the top five.

Then you'd have a couple of timezone based guilds like Europa (cool peeps) , and maybe an rp guild or w/ever.

I don't see the point of all these medium size generic guilds that can't aqquire pixels, if they merged they could be successfull third tier guilds.

I don't get the “guild of friends thing" just all join the same guild and its cool. Plus you'd then make some new friends too!

I often wonder if it's just an ego thing, everyone wants to be a guild leader...

Anywayaybe I'm totally misunderstanding , just seems like we a bloated with with vague medium guilds with no identity.

Thoughts?

myriverse
12-05-2015, 09:07 AM
To some people, the game's not about pixels. Identity is only important to yourself.

Ando
12-05-2015, 09:10 AM
I don't see the point of all these medium size generic guilds that can't aqquire pixels, if they merged they could be successfull third tier guilds.

I don't get the “guild of friends thing" just all join the same guild and its cool. Plus you'd then make some new friends too!

Because for some people, P99 is not about pixels, it is about being in a guild of friends. The fact that you are asking this question shows that you are not one of these people. If you disagree with this statement then you are also showing you have no ability to look at things from others' perspectives, and are showing why people like me don't want to join large "successful" guilds.

Swish
12-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Apparently edits his post in RNF. OP a confirmed fruitcake.

iruinedyourday
12-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Because being in a guild of 100 "nipping" at the heals of 500 people looting all the pixels, HAVING to raid every night to even do that, for nothing.. Leaving 400 other people completely out of the equation.. Do you see how stupid that idea is?

Those 500 just play and do what they feel like.

Do tever forget, competing on blue is stupid.

iruinedyourday
12-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Because being in a guild of 100 "nipping" at the heals of 500 people looting all the pixels, HAVING to raid every night to even do that, for nothing.. Leaving 400 other people completely out of the equation.. Do you see how stupid that idea is?

Those 500 just play and do what they feel like.

Dont ever forget, competing on blue is stupid.

iruinedyourday
12-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Whops. Well im a narsacist. Look at that great funny quote. Yea.

indiscriminate_hater
12-05-2015, 03:41 PM
OP is fat, confirmed by large number of typos

Tobius
12-05-2015, 03:56 PM
OP is fat, confirmed by large number of typos

Actually I'm more of the malnurished too stupid/lazy/sad to feed him self properly kind of nerd, rather than the fat kind.

Or maybe it's just cause I'm not american. IDK.

Spelling was caused by being dysrpaxic, typing on a phone while lying in bed.

Tobius
12-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Apparently edits his post in RNF. OP a confirmed fruitcake.

I thought the spelling mistake in the title warranted acknowledgement.

Danth
12-05-2015, 04:02 PM
I can think of a couple nearly identical guilds that don't merge simply because they don't care for each other's names. In some other cases I can think of smaller guilds that are already doing what they want to do; remember that not all players have dreams of--or even care about--high end stuff like Temple of Veeshan. In short, people play the game how they want, and create guilds for whatever reasons they wish.

Not sure why this was posted to the Rants forum; doesn't seem like a rant to me.

Danth

XDrake
12-05-2015, 06:00 PM
There are many different ways to play EQ. Some folks chase high end, some folks just want people to talk to as they prefer soloing, others just for close casual friends, and some others just play EC as the game they enjoy.

I may get made fun of for this, but I miss RP guilds. I enjoyed writing and miss being part of one on live. I'd make an alt for one if there was one in a minute. :)

Swish
12-05-2015, 08:58 PM
That's the peril of RP guilds, everyone has alts that never log in. Can be a silent death.

JurisDictum
12-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Why don't you just list a few guilds that you think are pointless? I think the reason they exist will become apparent.

For example, Taken is a large casual friendly guild that goes after the raid content they can feasibly get. BDA dkoes kind of the same thing...but I'm guessing that Taken would be quite insulted to labeled the same as BDA.

Tobius
12-05-2015, 10:19 PM
I don't know why you keep saying about pixels, I totally get why you wouldn't care, which is why I said people should join any guild that doesn't require mandatory raiding, then they can sit back and NOT acquire pixels if that's what they like doing.

It just seems like people intentionally limit their options.

Personally I would have liked it if Taken had absorbed other guilds that 'did the same thing'

It seems extra silly when you get raid alliances of like 3 guilds.... Just be one guild that doesn't need to ally and have difficulty coordinating...

Guild names are fun when you first come across them but I can't imagine it makes up for a dead guild chat.

The more the merrier!

Anyway, thanks for the replies that weren't "we don't care about pixels faggot" from people who didn't read/understand my OP I was legitimately asking. I just left my guild where I was getting drip fed loot eventually (which was still more then I could ever get myself or in a scrub guild) So it's obviously not the case that I'm in it for the pixels. Although pixels are nice sometimes.

Lojik
12-05-2015, 10:31 PM
There can be issues of sorting out dkp if you merge, seems like that would be a pain

jarshale
12-06-2015, 04:30 AM
Breaking news, not everyone obsesses over pixels.

TMO so immersed
12-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Most people in these guilds are just waiting for Dottedup to offer them a premium pixel package

cdawgz28
12-06-2015, 05:02 AM
I'm gonna miss that Geordie accent in mumble

Swish
12-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Why don't you just list a few guilds that you think are pointless? I think the reason they exist will become apparent.

For example, Taken is a large casual friendly guild that goes after the raid content they can feasibly get. BDA dkoes kind of the same thing...but I'm guessing that Taken would be quite insulted to labeled the same as BDA.

If you have very very low pixel aspirations and enjoy long lines (and in some cases stroking people's tiny epeens for loot council pixels) then one of these 2 would be perfect. Just be prepared to not be noticed when saying hello in guild chat. It's probably like peak time EC spam :o

Tobius
12-06-2015, 12:01 PM
If you have very very low pixel aspirations and enjoy long lines (and in some cases stroking people's tiny epeens for loot council pixels) then one of these 2 would be perfect. Just be prepared to not be noticed when saying hello in guild chat. It's probably like peak time EC spam :o

I know you are all about that red shit these days, but be real, Taken are awesome.

I was mostly useless as a non 60 warrior with bad attendance and I still got more quite a few items. Occasionally decisions where you don't see the logic but I still got my share or more.

I'd recommend Taken to anyone on the EST timezone or nearabouts.

And I didn't have to stoke any e-peens, if anything I probably annoyed the piss out of people with my constant questions and in game ocd's. Yet I could still save up DKP and get shit.

Lojik's post about DKP merging is the sort of response I was legitimately looking for.

Swish
12-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Okay I'll take that as a plus for Taken...perhaps the "thinking man's zerg guild" :o

Lojik
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Lojik's post about DKP merging is the sort of response I was legitimately looking for.

Please take anything I say with a grain of salt...especially since I've never led a guild of any kind nor had any serious officer position that required anything of me really.

I'd also imagine there would be issues of who takes who's name, rivalries between certain players of different guilds, etc

dustysr06
12-06-2015, 02:38 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220596

^Get your apps in to the best guild on the server, where real life and high-end pixels can coexist!^

Tobius, server first Reaver owner! Hope you're doing well bro :)