PDA

View Full Version : Idea for XP occasions

Troxx
11-27-2015, 01:48 AM
Instead of a flat xp bonus why not just give blue red's xp scheme?

encourage grouping :D

I'd bet we'd see a lot less bickering, lawyerquesting, and undercutting!

polishanarchy
11-27-2015, 02:44 AM
I like this a lot actually. The grouping incentive was one of my favorite things about red when I tried it out.

fastboy21
11-27-2015, 02:44 AM
Back in my day we didn't need a reason to be nice to each other.

Now get the heck off my lawn, you pesky kids! :mad:

Troxx
11-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Or hell make it a 500% bonus that requires 6 in group or no dice

nirvana

... except exclude chardok, give that zone an 80% penalty with no bonus during double xp

indiscriminate_hater
11-27-2015, 03:46 AM
not classic

Tyrant82
11-27-2015, 03:59 AM
Completly for it +1!

Nicoladen
11-27-2015, 05:20 AM
When you are duoing xp flies. for each player you add after 2 it feels like 15% xp is lost pr added player.

I dont know if thats classic though....

edit: yeah I dont know how 15% feels...divided the end "feel" by 4

Nicoladen
11-27-2015, 05:22 AM
-

Swish
11-27-2015, 05:35 AM
I like this a lot actually. The grouping incentive was one of my favorite things about red when I tried it out.

You can all experience it yourself... it encourages you to make pals and have a good time <3

If you feel like you aren't accomplishing anything in your sessions on blue, absolutely consider trying red.

Jimjam
11-27-2015, 07:04 AM
When you are duoing xp flies. for each player you add after 2 it feels like 15% xp is lost pr added player.

I dont know if thats classic though....

edit: yeah I dont know how 15% feels...divided the end "feel" by 4

Yep, a lot of social loafing seems to go on in groups!

Monty405
11-27-2015, 08:15 AM
The classic grouping bonuses were far too small and the average person at the time did not know any better than to always go full six man whenever.

Today, we know better and as a result six man groups are less desirable. This in turn kills a larger social aspect of the game and (for myself at least) makes playing a dependent class such as a rogue, warrior or cleric less fun.

Please provide a boost to fun.

Has the experience bonus been taken off yet?

Swish
11-27-2015, 08:35 AM
The classic grouping bonuses were far too small and the average person at the time did not know any better than to always go full six man whenever.

Today, we know better and as a result six man groups are less desirable. This in turn kills a larger social aspect of the game and (for myself at least) makes playing a dependent class such as a rogue, warrior or cleric less fun.

Has the experience bonus been taken off yet?

The game should always be about 6-man groups, but people twink and refuse to invite anyone advertising who isn't twinked.

Welcome to EverQuest, you're in your world now...

beel
11-27-2015, 08:52 AM

Agree wholeheartedly.

As an enc, I have never been in a full group and found the exp to be even remotely comparable to solo/duo/trio exp, this results in avoidance of full groups, even though it's fun.

I've had fun at Red with my monk simply because of the group bonus. Though the group bonus at red is almost too much, it makes soloing ineffective which is goofy on such a low pop server (no shots fired).