PDA

View Full Version : One of my favorite things about this server.

JurisDictum
11-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Very few if any teenagers play. Honestly, US teenagers protected by anonymity and the internet are basically destroying games like LoL and SMITE. You can't play a few games without some emotionally addled 15 year old nerd raging all game and ruining the match for you.

The concept of not criticizing and insulting a teammate because they screwed up in a middle of a game they are trying to focus on, is a completely alien concept to someone in their teens. Try duoing a lane with your average teenager in any MOBA. Unless you completely crush the other team, a teenager will stop mid game to inform everyone that you suck, and get so emotional that they start playing like shit.

I have to admit they have faster reflexes a lot of times...but this can be overstated. The best jet fighters in the world aren't going to be 15-21, they are probably more like 35. Same with many things that require reflexes in the world. Their reflexes are simply faster because they play more. They certainly are inferior at strategy.

JurisDictum
11-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Bah, I just realized I should have probably just posted this in RnF. Sorry guys.

Tann
11-25-2015, 06:12 PM
emotionally addled 15 year old nerd raging all game

clearly you haven't considered red.

indiscriminate_hater
11-25-2015, 06:16 PM
You can't play p99 without some emotionally addled 35 year old nerd raging all game and ruining the immersion for you.

fixed

JurisDictum
11-25-2015, 06:18 PM
fixed

Meh, you can just tell them to fuck off and group with someone else. That's why teenagers don't ruin MMOs as much as MOBAs IMO.

EDIT: I guess should have added, yes there are 35 olds like that.....yes there are 15 year olds not like that.....do I really have to say this everytime I use a generalization?

Swish
11-25-2015, 06:24 PM
clearly you haven't considered red.

15 year olds prefer the lesser skilled games like WoW for their pvp, they wouldn't last 5 mins on a real pvp game.

indiscriminate_hater
11-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Meh, you can just tell them to fuck off and group with someone else. That's why teenagers don't ruin MMOs as much as MOBAs IMO.

EDIT: I guess should have added, yes there are 35 olds like that.....yes there are 15 year olds not like that.....do I really have to say this everytime I use a generalization?

i mean, yeah, you do, your post was about teenagers specifically

JurisDictum
11-25-2015, 06:33 PM
i mean, yeah, you do, your post was about teenagers specifically

"Men are stronger than women."

WAIT A MINUTE...haven't you seen Rwanda Rowse? She is stronger than many men (maybe most), and I know a guy that is waaay weaker than my GF..

If I was writing a newspaper article or academic paper I would agree with you. But not every game forum post. It is never everyone.

indiscriminate_hater
11-25-2015, 06:41 PM
whoosh

Tann
11-25-2015, 06:59 PM
15 year olds prefer the lesser skilled games like WoW for their pvp, they wouldn't last 5 mins on a real pvp game.

both "skilled" and "real pvp" used in talking about Everquest, I.. er.. nah can't feed this one.

"Men are stronger than women."

WAIT A MINUTE...haven't you seen Rwanda Rowse? She is stronger than many men (maybe most), and I know a guy that is waaay weaker than my GF..

If I was writing a newspaper article or academic paper I would agree with you. But not every game forum post. It is never everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/CbVDuyl.gif

Ivory
11-26-2015, 02:01 AM
Honestly, one of the biggest reasons teenagers ruin games like LoL and SMITE is due to their inability to accept criticism.

Really? In my experience the biggest assholes are the ones who feel the need to tell everyone how to play :P

RDawg816
11-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Really? In my experience the biggest assholes are the ones who feel the need to tell everyone how to play :P
Clearly you're not playing the right way...

jarshale
11-27-2015, 03:19 PM

I would rather have someone telling people the correct way to do something then to be a fucking dumbass and ruin things for others because they don't know how to play.