PDA

View Full Version : 51 Cleric LF raiding guild

Planchard
10-23-2015, 11:58 AM
When I played on live, one thing that I never really got to do was raid. When my friend told me about p99 a month and a half ago, it's one of the main reasons why I wanted to play EQ again. Now that I'm 51 on my Cleric, I was curious to find out which raiding guild is best for me. I'm currently in Thunderdome and while I've enjoyed lvling with everyone in the guild, I knew the time would come that I would want to find a raiding guild.

From what I've gathered, there's currently 5 guilds that raid:

Empire
CS
Friends
TMO
PD

If I've excluded any other guilds, my apologies. I've only been on the server for less than a month so I'm still not familiar with all the guilds on the server.

I'm mainly looking for advice on which guild to join. If any of the guilds raid Plane of Fear, Hate or Sky and also Kunark targets, I'd be very interested in your guild. I have my key to Sebilis and as I progress to 60, I'll work on getting my key to Veeshan. I don't care to raid Velious targets anytime soon since I'd like to see old raid stuff first.

I'll be on at around 5pm central time tonight if you'd like to group to see how I am as a player. My clerics name is Heelah but if I'm not logged on him, I'll be on my monk Mayne.

Wizing
10-23-2015, 12:43 PM
TMO . Up and coming Guild the time is now to get on board

Seltius
10-23-2015, 02:23 PM
There is also Prophets of Slosh who are some pretty cool and skilled players.

But I agree with Krazy app TMO if you find you don't like it we don't shackle you to the guildtag.

Taboo
10-23-2015, 02:32 PM
I am in TMO as well and find them to be a great group.

Pande is also a decent choice.

Nothing against CS as I have not dealt with them much.

All three do what your looking for to some degree.

Ghost of Jibekn
10-23-2015, 04:14 PM
check out D&D

we are a very serious upcoming p99 red guild

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214914

Heywood
10-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Quick bio on aforementioned guilds:

Empire - top guild of the server who daily raid velious content. They have no pacts with any guild except...

TMO - TMO are a pve guild that occasionally farms Halls of Testing with empire's permission. Known to forfeit loot to empire so TMO can raid peacefully. They have a few good pvpers but also known to use OOR healers/bards/scouts to win PvP engagements. Will drag engagements for hours if they cant PvP for raid mobs.

Friends - highest guild KDR on the server. They have plenty of good pvpers. I've been told their roster is primarily European, so they tend to raid late at night. They kill most of the Kunark dragons.

Casual Scum - a lax, friendly and relatively-new guild. Most of the core members come from the guild FRESH, but they have recruited a ton of good players as well. 'Cool and Normal' is their motto, and that's what they are.

Domigueros de Norrath - Guild based out of Puerto Rico.

Prophets of Slosh - probably the most exclusive guild on the server. Tightly knit guild who definitely know what their doing. Guild to the best enchanter on the box, strut.

Pandemonium - a large, but secretly-quiet guild. They tend to not make a lot of noise. Have been seen holding hands with TMO to kill Vindi and also seen doing Cazic Thule with Friends.

Hope that helps.

Doctor Jeff
10-24-2015, 01:03 AM
Most of the core members come from the guild FRESH, but they have recruited a ton of good players as well

what are you trying to say about fresh...

ElemtalRZ
10-24-2015, 05:36 AM
http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showguild.php?g=Fresh = Fresh

Vatras
10-24-2015, 06:35 AM
5 guilds for 20 players, not bad.

Plackers
10-24-2015, 06:54 AM
Slosh has some great members. See my sig for some classic TMO quotes.

beta
10-24-2015, 10:33 AM
http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showguild.php?g=Fresh = Fresh

Fresh was also a leveling guild with 500 member's

grannock
10-24-2015, 11:07 AM
You can stay in the minors and get purple stuff from hate, or you can join the yankees, swing in all the big spots and line yourself pixels. Empire crootin.

Ragnaros
10-24-2015, 11:39 AM
Friends best pvpers on the server filled with only the coolest people on the box..we kill all the kunark targets and do a variety of velious content. If you are cool and normal and willing to learn feel free to app.

Tassador
10-24-2015, 12:00 PM
I would delete your 51 raiding cleric and find something better to do with your time, but to each is own.

Colgate
10-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Empire raids pretty much all Velious content and takes whatever we want from Classic/Kunark whenever we want. Good choice for more hardcore PvE interests.

TMO raids smaller Velious content AKA Plane of Growth, Halls of Testing, etc. They are the only guild to have killed Derakor the Vindicator outside of Empire, effectively making them the only other Velious raiding guild. Good choice for PvE interests but more focused on progressing.

Casual Scum is more of an up-and-coming guild that also seems focused on leveling and progressing. They will probably be tackling more raid content in the near future. They have the best attitudes about PvP and fighting with/against them typically seems to be pretty fun and light hearted. Good choice for a balance between PvE progression and PvP.

Pandemonium is a newer guild that seems to still be working on leveling and developing a core. They frequently team up with other guilds to get things done. They're pretty quiet for the most part. I assume they will end up merging with another guild. Good choice if you're interested in leveling up in a guild without an established history whatsoever.

Friends is a smaller group of players that plays mostly during Euro hours and kills most of the Classic/Kunark content around 3-5 AM EST. They seem to have zero aspirations for progressing into Velious content and actually building a stable guild. They boast about being a PvP guild but actively avoid PvP for raid mobs whenever Empire shows up to fight for Classic/Kunark content. Good choice if you're an insomniac North American player or from another timezone.

Prophets of Slosh is a very small guild of what I imagine are real life friends. They're the closest thing to a small, elite PvP guild. I doubt they're recruiting, though.

Pikrib
10-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Planchard,

Colgate is pretty rustled because Friends kills him in pvp, hence the tldr anti-Friends response. Ask to join each guilds teamspeaks and try em out. Join the guild you enjoy the most.

Plackers
10-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Planchard,

Colgate is pretty rustled because Friends kills him in pvp, hence the tldr anti-Friends response. Ask to join each guilds teamspeaks and try em out. Join the guild you enjoy the most.

Which part of his description is not true?

grannock
10-25-2015, 08:16 AM
Planchard,

This was the last cleric in friends. He quit the server about a month after he joined their awsome guild.

Smedy
10-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Friends is a smaller group ....................... They boast ..................

We boasting? some people are upset over someone else ability to push buttons better and faster in half the amount of gear

empire leader boasting about unconsted acquired gear... (https://youtu.be/Elyj9RGYY-I?t=9)

also please see Rogeans quote in my signature (Rogean is the lead staff of project1999) on his thoughts about empire and how healthy they are for this server :)

Empire: sit back get pixelated and bored with the game within 3 months, commence shit talking on the forums about your accomplishments in everquest.
TMO: pretty much empire but you won't get as much loot
CS: quality people casual players who doesn't take the game to serious
Friends: mostly old schoolers who's been here since day 1 of the server, we expect high levels of elf quest knowledge with our croots.
Slosh: cool click of people doing their thing.
Pandemonium: old school people from the original pandemonium guild working their way up.

best of luck on your choice!

DRAGONBAIT
10-25-2015, 11:18 AM
domingueros of norrath is a spanish guild not south american. small but good players. ran by the old leadership of domingueros, close and small grp of friends. they are the old leadership of domingueros from live, who were the top spanish guild.

pandemonium is the old core from tallon zek, close grp of friends who know the game. it seems they are working they way up and enjoying it, i doubt they will merge with any guild or drop the name since it really means something

cya all in game soon ive been away some weeks, i bet griefers are all around oot these days. gl

DRAGONBAIT
10-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Guild to the best enchanter on the box, strut.

u gotta ask setti, qtip and maybe some others about that statement. strut is a beast tho

what ive seen from setti pve wise was perfect

DRAGONBAIT
10-25-2015, 11:32 AM
empire leader boasting about unconsted acquired gear... (https://youtu.be/Elyj9RGYY-I?t=9)

i will never understand how can someone waste his time doin something like this but man....PRICELESS hahahahaha i hope colgate is loling at this too cos those forum quotes, music and colgate coined is fkn priceless hahaha made my day.

grannock
10-27-2015, 03:22 PM
We boasting? some people are upset over someone else ability to push buttons better and faster in half the amount of gear

also please see Rogeans quote in my signature (Rogean is the lead staff of project1999) on his thoughts about empire and how healthy they are for this server :)

Empire: sit back get pixelated and bored with the game within 3 months, commence shit talking on the forums about your accomplishments in everquest.
TMO: pretty much empire but you won't get as much loot
CS: quality people casual players who doesn't take the game to serious
Friends: mostly old schoolers who's been here since day 1 of the server, we expect high levels of elf quest knowledge with our croots.
Slosh: cool click of people doing their thing.
Pandemonium: old school people from the original pandemonium guild working their way up.

best of luck on your choice!

After 17 years smedy thinks eq is all about aiming and pushing buttons. Do you even play?

Sektor
10-27-2015, 04:08 PM
After 17 years smedy thinks eq is all about aiming and pushing buttons. Do you even play?

Haven't seen him on since he rmted his aon to Oppressor.