PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand Ventrilo anymore so I'm quitting

renordw
10-20-2015, 06:21 PM
I am sick of listening to you all scream in Ventrilo. I can't fucking stand it anymore, I am quitting today. I can't stand having to listen to one more person brag about how they are high on pills or weed, we get it you're a fucking cool dude.

It's not the game, the game is fine. It's you idiots with no social dignity, fuck.

PS: Learn to modulate your voices, I don't need to hear you screaming in my ears.

Oleris
10-20-2015, 06:22 PM
what guild

renordw
10-20-2015, 06:24 PM
what guild

Been in several, and let me tell you there's almost no difference. Yowwie was one of the worst though.

renordw
10-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Been in several, and let me tell you there's almost no difference. Yowwie was one of the worst though.

Aka Flexn

indiscriminate_hater
10-20-2015, 06:31 PM
good riddance

Donton
10-20-2015, 07:31 PM
I am sick of listening to you all scream in Ventrilo. I can't fucking stand it anymore, I am quitting today. I can't stand having to listen to one more person brag about how they are high on pills or weed, we get it you're a fucking cool dude.

It's not the game, the game is fine. It's you idiots with no social dignity, fuck.

PS: Learn to modulate your voices, I don't need to hear you screaming in my ears.

This.

Huge turnoff for newer games and joining a new guild is vent requirement shit where these children expect you to be in voice chat all the time.

Some PvP games I can see if you wanna roll a coordinated premade or what not vent is a huge plus. But seriously, requiring vent to be in a raid guild on p1999? Fucking joke, just because your a loser and can scream like a newborn in your basement or wherever the fuck you play, doesn't mean people with an actual life wanna lock themselves in a room and talk to a bunch of people with the combined maturity level of a 12 year old.

You cant possibly convince me your not a huge loser if you log into vent regularly for 4+ hours. Nobody with a Wife/GF could possibly get away with this, let alone want to let others them see them with a headset on like there 14 again playing Halo.

Era'viss
10-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Vent does ruin shit for me these days, but I'm not the young gamer I used to be. Glad my current guild, <Clue>, doesn't require it.

I don't even know if we have a Vent server...

SamwiseRed
10-20-2015, 07:52 PM
vent ruins immersion but it is such an advantage on red that it is hard to neglect.

RIP classic gaming

Tasslehofp99
10-20-2015, 08:00 PM
I agree that TS/Vent ruins everquest. I don't even think that it adds any type of advantage for people with normal cognitive function, atleast in terms of PVE action.

I could see the advantage that it could make in PVP, but even then..how hard is it to make some universal macros so that we don't have to listen to 50 nerds screaming "PELL THIS GUY, STUNNED THIS GUY...PELL PELL PELL."

Problem lies in the fact that there is a huge disconnect between generations of gamers. More old school gamers, prefer typing/text chat. Newer "WoW generation" gamers prefer the voice chatting as they never picked up the typing/reading skills that older gamers did since the games they play (for the most part) require neither skill.

Bruno
10-20-2015, 08:14 PM
I agree that TS/Vent ruins everquest. I don't even think that it adds any type of advantage for people with normal cognitive function, atleast in terms of PVE action.

If you're talking about clearing plane of fear, while everyone else is in the velious, going against zero competition, then I will agree with you. You cannot compete with the top guilds without voice chat.

shimonuh
10-20-2015, 08:18 PM
would rather be on TS than spend hours on corpse runs

Ravager
10-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Vent sucks. There's not a raid in this game that can't be lead with a set of macros. Vent with all its channels just makes it so cliques form in guilds and makes the game less social.

fishingme
10-20-2015, 08:32 PM
would rather be on TS than spend hours on corpse runs

Would rather not raid with shitty people/guilds.

Calibix
10-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Lol. If you don't see the advantage of voice coms your a fucking idiot. Talking about skill required to type blah blah blah. The only reason you can get away with typing in Everquest and not using voice coms if your doing something that requires coordination is because EQ is so slow. The class that requires the most coordination is a bard, and even then you have to hit a key once every 3 seconds. A cleric can literally sit on their ass doing absolutely nothing until they need to CH. Were this any other game that actually requires some personal coordination to play, you simply wouldn't have time to type and perform at a high level.

What your really complaining about is a lack of maturity and respect, which I completely agree with. In my gaming community, we have a stickied thread about voice etiquette. And we stick to it. Shut up unless you have something important to say during an event, don't scream like a child, don't channel bomb people.

Furthermore, whats stopping you from turning the volume down or simply muting the person you don't want to hear. Go to another channel perhaps? The problem isn't voice coms, its stupid people.

Champion_Standing
10-20-2015, 08:38 PM
u guys sound like a bunch of bitter misfits

Emsee
10-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Personally always enjoyed TS etc.. Get to know who the virgins are irl, and get to berate the retards in front of everyone for being retarted... morans, etc. I expect most beta's, shut-ins, and mommy boy's however, don't like it.

Ostros
10-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Who are you?

Pringles
10-21-2015, 03:29 AM
Ive never understood why people insist on voice chat for EQ, PVP makes sense, but not PVE.....

Colgate
10-21-2015, 04:28 AM
why don't you just mute individual people instead of crying about it

Llodd
10-21-2015, 04:29 AM
Lol. If you don't see the advantage of voice coms your a fucking idiot. Talking about skill required to type blah blah blah. The only reason you can get away with typing in Everquest and not using voice coms if your doing something that requires coordination is because EQ is so slow. The class that requires the most coordination is a bard, and even then you have to hit a key once every 3 seconds. A cleric can literally sit on their ass doing absolutely nothing until they need to CH. Were this any other game that actually requires some personal coordination to play, you simply wouldn't have time to type and perform at a high level.

Without the RL or whoever barking commands at you you have to have a certain amount of instincitveness to succeed when the shit hits the fan. The advantage of voicecomms is it negates that need in some situations.

Pint
10-21-2015, 06:31 AM

Never thought id agree with something this guy said

Big_Japan
10-21-2015, 07:02 AM
TS is gay brother you been doing these raids for 15 years you shouldnt be wiping

Doors
10-21-2015, 07:10 AM
It's 2015. Mute the annoying people. Voice is a huge advantage when doing difficult shit like CRs out of howling stones, tov, etc.

Tuljin
10-21-2015, 08:08 AM
This server fucking sucks, TS sucks, everyone claims you "can't compete" with a guild with voice chat when nobody even tries. The precedent that has been set for shit you have to go through just to play on this server is ludicrous and asinine.

Did anybody ever find out who we thank for fuckkng up the server yet? Anybody trying to figure that one out?

Barkingturtle
10-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Would never join an EQ guild with a voice chat requirement.

I'm thirty-five years old. Married. I don't own a headset. Why the fuck would I? I stopped working in call centers more than a decade ago. I type a hundred words a minute. Most motherfuckers can't even think that fast.

The only reason to be on voice chat while playing EQ is to fill a social void which has been created by playing too much EQ.

Kekephee
10-21-2015, 09:02 AM
All these people in guilds full of people they don't like

BDA vent is just a bunch of good buddies hanging out and laughing it up

This never would have happened on Red

Kekephee
10-21-2015, 09:03 AM
The only reason to be on voice chat while playing EQ is to fill a social void which has been created by playing too much EQ.

In before hueeeeee hueeeeeee

Fanguru
10-21-2015, 09:03 AM
It's 2015. Mute the annoying people. Voice is a huge advantage when doing difficult shit like CRs out of howling stones, tov, etc.

Some people talk too much and do not realize it / can't help themselves. If you have an officer proudly announcing they are coming home with weed, you can't really mute them. Later they will give out raid instructions.

mspollard4
10-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Lol.. first off this is Yowwie aka Flexn and the OP is a dumb fuck bc I haven't touched a drug in years plus I actually detest the people who think they are cool bc they do drugs... do what you want to but it doesn't make you cool. Second I wish this spineless nerd version would identify who he is because I'm going to guess that if he doesn't like me so much it is because he sucks dick at this game and I called him out for bringing the raid down on multiple occasions and refused to learn and get better.. I also haven't played in over 2 months so that's pretty amazing I still have this tool's panties in a bunch... good riddance you cancer.. soft people like you are what make p99 a lawyer questing disaster

Gilder
10-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Quitting over Teamspeak?

You could just.... not use teamspeak. The game is still plenty enjoyable without it. I've never used it once here on p99.

Spyder73
10-21-2015, 09:50 AM
BDA vent is just a bunch of good buddies hanging out and sending d!ck pics to each other. Occasionally we massively train another guild, but mainly just d!ck pics and giggling

Rallos
10-21-2015, 09:59 AM
MUTE is an option, not sure if u were aware

Seltius
10-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I am old and all this new fangled technology stuff doesn't always make sense to me. I just turn my hearing aid off if I don't want to listen to you. Oh and mute works wonders in any type of voice chat situation. I find I have to do that for some people only down side is then I cannot tell when I am talking over them.

Feanol
10-21-2015, 10:26 AM
As a voice of dissent here...

Teamspeak makes or breaks a successful raiding guild. Does a guild NEED members in TS to raid? No. I understand the views of previous posters, I used to be in a voice chat guild called <Verite> where we had a dude press-to-talk his bong hits. 420 Blaze it BTW.

A guild with assertive and mature officers can command the voice channel so ramblers and general "burp/chew" types are politely reminded that people need to hear instructions to be successful. Even the rowdy folks can learn to tone it down when the result is faster more efficient raids with less wipes.

I think the best guilds on Red/Blue are the ones with the right chemistry of leadership in voice chat who are able to organize and command the respect of their guildmates. Seems obvious I know but no one has mentioned it yet.

I've been in some massive voice chats, 30+ people, it doesn't need to be a mess. One-off group voice chats in Sebilis or wherever are a different beast, and there's no accounting for the late-night topics that get dredged up =p

koryu
10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Aka Flexn

lol thx for the clarity. obviously just jelly at all the pussy my man gets. ITS OK WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE

Danth
10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
What guilds are full of people who routinely scream at people over voice programs? I've not experienced this, as yet. Only someone with no self esteem would even remain in such a guild; nobody with any sense of self-worth is going to routinely tolerate such behavior during his hobby time.

I dislike voice chat for other reasons, though I grudgingly admit it has its uses. It's convenient for working with different guilds since our game doesn't support custom chat channels.

Danth

radda
10-21-2015, 12:28 PM
I just want to say I did all this up to omens vent/ts/mumble free.

But this is a different game now..

Tuljin
10-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Players on this server can't even group LCY without bitching that they need to be in voice chat. Many of us around here don't understand how horrifying this is and how "to shit" the level of players on this server as well as the server culture has gone.

Guilds wanting to use it to bark at their peons is one thing, but this "dependence" on voice chat to play the game is remarkably "unclassic" and really does highlight the aforementioned schism between the "EQ generation" of MMO players and the "WoW generation" of MMO players.

WTB a classic server

Champion_Standing
10-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Funny that in a game where "community" is sooooooo important so many people detest the use of a tool that allows for more genuine interaction.

If the TS you are in is full of obnoxious people, you are probably in a guild full of obnoxious people and I seriously doubt the chat is any better.

But we all know the extent of the average P99 players community interaction is "can i get a port to WC?" "will you accept XXpp for XX" and the always important "any buffs at tunnel entrance?"

ludovician
10-21-2015, 12:33 PM
I 10000% feel OP's pain. I don't play here really so you bros might not give two shits about my opinion, but I absolutely quit playing League of Legends with my buddies because they insisted on using Curse which can be set to open mic instead of push to talk.

They insisted that PTT sucked so I got to hear
-Breathing into the mic
-Their laptop speaker feedback
-Them mashing keys
-Them puffing on bongs or vaporizers or whatever
-Chewing into the mic
-People yelling in the background
-Breathing into the mic
-Dogs barking
-Babies crying
-BREATHING INTO THE MIC

Nope. I literally uninstalled Curse and quit playing with them. Not gonna subject myself to that bullshit because they won't PTT.

simp403
10-21-2015, 12:38 PM

People really need to learn how to use the Local Mute function in VoiP programs. It's such an underrated feature and it's really fun to tell people that you have that person local muted when they ask you why you're talking at the same time as them.

myriverse
10-21-2015, 12:58 PM
If you voice, you ain't classic anyhow.

Kagey
10-21-2015, 01:47 PM
wtb officers who tell annoying people to stfu.

oh wait we got that covered already. <3

Kekephee
10-21-2015, 01:49 PM
wtb officers who tell annoying people to stfu.

oh wait we got that covered already. <3

Chest always moves me to a different channel when I start doing funny voices and I feel like, to me, it's a really terrible thing, but if I were probably anybody else in the guild I most likely would be glad for it

Nibblewitz
10-21-2015, 02:17 PM
I feel like someone would have a good time in a voice chat filled with friends and family, and someone would not have a good time in a voice chat filled with mercenaries.

rayeatts
10-21-2015, 02:27 PM
For me, using vent or teamspeak completely changes the experience for the worse. I can't really talk to my gf or daughter on a headset.

I think things work out best when microphones aren't required but the leader is at least using one. That way he can give instructions on the fly. You can hear his voice and type back to him. That way it isn't too many voices at once and you can hear easy.

rayeatts
10-21-2015, 02:28 PM
I feel like someone would have a good time in a voice chat filled with friends and family, and someone would not have a good time in a voice chat filled with mercenaries.

Exactly. This isn't some pro sports team. We are hear to have fun, not win at all costs.

I want to play Everquest with you guys, not hang out with you! Lol no offense to anyone

Anichek
10-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Send a signup request PM to Chest Rockwell to for sign up to the d!ck pic of the day newsletter, or join BDA today to receive push notifications of the newest d!ck pic postings in our "RL Cockfotos" thread on our Members-Only board.*

*Age verification to be provided through P411, RS2K, or any other adult verification system. If you are currently a member, make sure to include your handle from the above services.

rayeatts
10-21-2015, 02:30 PM
And I know people don't wanna hear me on vent because sometimes I sound like Brian on half baked mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

Big_Japan
10-21-2015, 02:41 PM
What guilds are full of people who routinely scream at people over voice programs? I've not experienced this, as yet. Only someone with no self esteem would even remain in such a guild; nobody with any sense of self-worth is going to routinely tolerate such behavior during his hobby time.

just look at how this is written. I will not deal with any required voice chat because allowing the voice of a nerd like you to enter my residence and vibrate the bodies of the people I love is horrifying on a base level.

Gilder
10-21-2015, 02:42 PM
I would be down with Brian from Half Baked rather than some mouth-breather.

Fully, man.

applesauce25r624
10-21-2015, 03:18 PM
time to uninstall

can i have your stuff first ?

simp403
10-21-2015, 03:20 PM
just look at how this is written. I will not deal with any required voice chat because allowing the voice of a nerd like you to enter my residence and vibrate the bodies of the people I love is horrifying on a base level.

Wouldn't want any rogue soundwaves to dislodge the dried semen in your RealGirl, let alone wake your mother.

Bruno
10-21-2015, 04:28 PM
It looks like there are many of you guys who refuse to accept current technology. Should start up that guild to compete with the current guilds at the top, which you're claiming will be successful using strictly chat to communicate. What shall be the name of your guild?

renordw
10-21-2015, 04:35 PM
This.

Huge turnoff for newer games and joining a new guild is vent requirement shit where these children expect you to be in voice chat all the time.

Some PvP games I can see if you wanna roll a coordinated premade or what not vent is a huge plus. But seriously, requiring vent to be in a raid guild on p1999? Fucking joke, just because your a loser and can scream like a newborn in your basement or wherever the fuck you play, doesn't mean people with an actual life wanna lock themselves in a room and talk to a bunch of people with the combined maturity level of a 12 year old.

You cant possibly convince me your not a huge loser if you log into vent regularly for 4+ hours. Nobody with a Wife/GF could possibly get away with this, let alone want to let others them see them with a headset on like there 14 again playing Halo.

This. So much this. I can barely stand to put the fucking headset on, especially when my girlfriend is around the house. Then requiring for us to listen to you chewing, ranting and screaming at your mom, I just can't anymore.

But people organizing raids just scream and shout I just hate myself and hate this game. There are so many factors at play, it's just not fast-paced enough to even merit voice, in in fact it's so slow that all voice chat tends to disintegrate into mindless drug talk.

Idiots just make vaguely human at each other and expect us all to listen happily. The worst is when guild leaders tell everybody else to shut the fuck up so they can grunt at each other we are forced to listen.

I don't have a social void that this game fills, at this point I'm playing as a duty. I definitely don't want to fucking talk hear you talk and pretend to be alpha by bragging about shit you should be in rehab for.

Over the years I've been in a dozen guilds, and once you hit raiding level, they're all the same.

iruinedyourday
10-21-2015, 05:31 PM
http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/5688304_700b.jpg

Sirken
10-21-2015, 05:54 PM

on games ive played with TS, i just mute the annoying nerds ;)

iruinedyourday
10-21-2015, 05:55 PM
on games ive played with TS, i just mute the annoying nerds ;)

I did that on your stream but now I hear no audio at all :(

hehe jk <3 love u pal

Donton
10-21-2015, 06:44 PM
It looks like there are many of you guys who refuse to accept current technology. Should start up that guild to compete with the current guilds at the top, which you're claiming will be successful using strictly chat to communicate. What shall be the name of your guild?

You do realize your playing an emulated version of a game 15 years old right? Not sure if your aware, but all this content was dominated by successful high end guilds when people had 64MB of ram and ran on a 56k modem.

radda
10-21-2015, 06:53 PM
This. at this point I'm playing as a duty.

A duty? I feel sorry for this guy

Corpsed
10-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Totally agree, voice consists of lonely nerds trying to impress strangers. And if a girl should join, it quickly devolves into the saddest display of showing off. Everyone should know what to do when raiding things that came out 15 years ago. I also play Eve Online and will join voice because it is essential. Hearing people talk about how high they are or munching on Cheetos is not really essential.

Comoc1
10-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Mmmm silent vent during raids except officers directing anyone? It's not vent that's the issue it's discipline of the members and respect for leadership, if they're worth respecting.

Big_Japan
10-22-2015, 12:27 AM
you could run all these raids by pre-recording voice commands, uploading to youtube and just following them like an exercise tape. game is piss easy

JackFlash
10-22-2015, 12:40 AM
you could run all these raids by pre-recording voice commands, uploading to youtube and just following them like an exercise tape. game is piss easy

contemptor
10-22-2015, 01:01 AM
All these people in guilds full of people they don't like

This never would have happened on Red
Having raided in red in a few guilds, there's plenty of voice chat among pals. However, a significant amount of it is discusion of drugs and pells, fyiw.

Ashsun
10-22-2015, 05:39 AM

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't fucking stand yowwie. Dude was annoying as fuck, I muted him after he attended a guild meeting from the fucking gym, like seriously dude.

Bruno
10-22-2015, 09:03 AM
You do realize your playing an emulated version of a game 15 years old right? Not sure if your aware, but all this content was dominated by successful high end guilds when people had 64MB of ram and ran on a 56k modem.

I know reading is difficult for you abuelos, but try to keep up. Never once did I state the mobs we kill on p99 weren't killed 15-16 years ago without voice chat. I said you tards claiming you can compete with the current guilds on top without voice chat cannot. There's a big difference there. I think you're the one who needs to realize a few things. One thing is this isn't 1999 anyone, which you and a few others clearly wish it was. The other is nobody is forcing you to join any guild that requires voice chat. And if you get aggravated over the fact that some guilds require it, then there's a problem with you, not that guild's requirement. Anything else you want to comment on?

Bruno
10-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Isn't 1999 anymore* damn no editing.

Kekephee
10-22-2015, 09:10 AM

-Prerecording and uploading raid instructions to avoid having to communicate with people in real time

I'm not trying to be mean here, but not only is this super ineffecive (because the whole point of voice communication is to respond to variables faster- things like trains, unexpected events in the fight that require adjustment, etc.), but it's also, shall we say, unbelievably autistic

Gilder
10-22-2015, 09:19 AM

Something like this, Big Japan?

https://youtu.be/rj0p7s-y7_Q?t=12s

simp403
10-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Something like this, Big Japan?

https://youtu.be/rj0p7s-y7_Q?t=12s

You can use soundclips from the "50 DKP Minus" recording instead.

Donton
10-22-2015, 01:31 PM
One thing is this isn't 1999 anyone, which you and a few others clearly wish it was.
Anything else you want to comment on?

I am just trying to get over the fact that someone who has been on these forums since 2010, has his AIM chat linked to his name, and is a "high-end" guild member, all for a game made in 1999, is accusing others of living in the past.

Confirmed vent loser

Champion_Standing
10-22-2015, 01:37 PM
If you refuse to use voice chat there is a 99% chance that you are a man pretending to be a woman in game and just don't want to be exposed.

It's k tho, you gotta start being "yourself" somewhere, and EQ is a good place for some people.

Kore
10-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Voice chat is good if you have a guild that actually recruits quality people and enforces rules within it too. 100% agree with you need voice to be top tier. Not to mention Voice shows emotion more than text and allows to build longer lasting friendships in games, quicker reactions, etc.

Mumble is far superior than vent or ts imo because of its voice volume is adjusted on the fly by the client to stop screaming voices etc. Also being super minimalist and secure.

Big_Japan
10-22-2015, 02:32 PM
-Prerecording and uploading raid instructions to avoid having to communicate with people in real time

I'm not trying to be mean here, but not only is this super ineffecive (because the whole point of voice communication is to respond to variables faster- things like trains, unexpected events in the fight that require adjustment, etc.), but it's also, shall we say, unbelievably autistic

The only thing ringing autism bells here is you taking my suggestion to pre-record raid commands and play them like an exercise tape literally. This embarrassing inability to understand basic social cues is why teleporting your personality into my living room with technology makes me kind of uncomfortable.

Big_Japan
10-22-2015, 02:33 PM
If you refuse to use voice chat there is a 99% chance that you are a man

this part of the statement is actually resoundingly accurate

shimonuh
10-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Casual Scum recruiting cool and normal people

Ciroco
10-22-2015, 04:28 PM
If you refuse to use voice chat there is a 99% chance that you are a man pretending to be a woman in game and just don't want to be exposed.

It's k tho, you gotta start being "yourself" somewhere, and EQ is a good place for some people.

Bullshit. Woman pretending to be man checking in.

Champion_Standing
10-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Bullshit. Woman pretending to be man checking in.

Just gotta tell em your a woman but deaf and they won't bother you about TS anymore.

inb4 hundreds of deaf woman are playing P99

B4EQWASCOOL
10-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Whole thread full of geriatric luddites. Gross. Why don't you play checkers.

Bruno
10-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Whole thread full of geriatric luddites. Gross. Why don't you play checkers.

Confirmed online checkers does not require voice chat. RL checkers might have some voice chat involved, but not required.

Qtip
10-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Hate using ts. Would rather listen to music while I play or bullshit with my wife/daughter. Talking into a headset for hours to some people you never seen in real life is just some creepy ass shit.

Aviann
10-22-2015, 06:56 PM
What you should do is make a guild that opposes using voice chat, and show the world that they don't need it... or you can sit quietly by yourself in the corner. Whatever you want, bucko.

iruinedyourday
10-22-2015, 07:10 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Too+high+koala+2_2157cd_3444227.jpg

Champion_Standing
10-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Hate using ts. Would rather listen to music while I play or bullshit with my wife/daughter. Talking into a headset for hours to some people you never seen in real life is just some creepy ass shit.

This reasoning is funny to me. If you wife and daughter are important enough that you would rather converse with them can't you just fucking log off EQ and actually give them your undivided attention?

B4EQWASCOOL
10-22-2015, 09:45 PM
This reasoning is funny to me. If you wife and daughter are important enough that you would rather converse with them can't you just fucking log off EQ and actually give them your undivided attention?

But, then they can't blame ventrilo on being a shitty husband and father.

Qtip
10-22-2015, 10:04 PM

I play this server maybe 2 days a week for an hour or two at a time. My attention is always on my family. I just dont feel like listening to people in a game when I have people around me. With a head set on nothing is going on in your world, but the game.

Kekephee
10-22-2015, 11:38 PM
HA HA HA! HONEY LOOK, I SLEW THE DRAGON! HA HA HA! DO YOU SEE, MY BELOVED DAUGHTER, HOW THE DRAGON HAS BEEN SLAIN?

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-22-2015, 11:51 PM
I also don't really like vent. Due to an unfortunate car accident I had before puberty, I have an *extremely* high voice for a male, and it kind of makes me uncomfortable.

That being said, you can still just not use a mic, plus vent has so many options you can set it up so it is not intrusive much at all. For example, you can set it so that only the raid leaders voices are audible and the rest are low in the mix.

Plus, pretty sure most guilds also /gu type most raid infoz along w/ using vent.

Don't see this is as a deal breaker. Except if one is forced to use a mic, cuz as I said, a good number of us have *extremely* high pitched voices for males due to childhood accidents.

Emsee
10-23-2015, 12:29 AM
It's pretty fucking strange around here when Sadre is able to put up a troll. Goddamn, what is the world coming to.

Pokesan
10-23-2015, 12:41 AM
I don't like vent so I don't raid. Really kills two birds with two stones.

beyondinfin
10-23-2015, 01:33 AM

AMEN TO THAT!

simp403
10-23-2015, 10:15 AM
It's pretty fucking strange around here when Sadre is able to put up a troll. Goddamn, what is the world coming to.

He dropped some prime bait in the RedGuides99 thread that I fell for. It was very convincing.

renordw
10-23-2015, 10:51 AM

Honestly, I might try this if/when I come back. I just couldn't fucking stand hearing my any of the grunting, munching, screaming, bragging anymore.

renordw
10-23-2015, 10:55 AM
There is too much fucking poopsocking, I used to love EverQuest. When it came out I was 12, now that I've actually been to the endgame, it's just miserable. I don't want to sit around the spires with 25 other nerds with nothing to talk about, but required to stay in vent in case whatever piece of shit that's in "window" spawns.

86753o9
10-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Ventrilo? Not Classic.

simp403
10-24-2015, 01:27 AM
There is too much fucking poopsocking, I used to love EverQuest. When it came out I was 12, now that I've actually been to the endgame, it's just miserable. I don't want to sit around the spires with 25 other nerds with nothing to talk about, but required to stay in vent in case whatever piece of shit that's in "window" spawns.

Step 1. Mute VoiP
Step 2. Move EQ to another monitor or decrease screen size
Step 3. Have someone spam tells to you when it's time to go
Step 4. Masturbate

Two monitors may not be classic, but it's definitely a godsend for some parts of this game.

SCB
10-24-2015, 03:37 AM
Ventrilo? Not Classic.

central scrutinizer
10-25-2015, 06:21 PM
I agree with this completely.

I don't actually need vent because I don't want to raid all of this shit again/don't have the time/have a fucked up back anyways.
But I suppose if I were to raid, it's a major barrier...despite nobody needing vent specifically for a slow mmo like eq. Especially 15+ years late, when everybody knows the fights anyways and did not need vent the first time around...

Plus, if I am going to listen to something besides a game's sounds...I want to listen to music. There is a bit of a selfish component to my hatred of voice chat, but it's not the main factor.

Now this is going to sound mean and I don't mean it to be rude...I am old, I don't know if it's to do with my age, or if our generations are just different or there's just something wrong with me or what...but pretty much everybody under 45 sounds like a complete irredeemable fucking fruit to me.

Nasely, wheezy, lisps, the fucked up inflections of bitter seething balls of rage who seriously don't ever talk to anybody else... it's just awful. Listening to most people from video games is like chewing kleenex.

And I can't even begin to explain how much I don't care about any non-game conversation. I grew up with real lsd before AIDS ruined the party scenes. Kids have no stories I want to hear, it's just depressing.

I don't mind the mil guys that are used to coms and have known the touch of women and the star that we orbit, but I really don't want to hear anybody else.

Eldini
10-25-2015, 09:27 PM
All you grumpy old farts should form a guild or something.

Valura
10-25-2015, 09:40 PM
that feeling when people say you sound like a boy

Kore
10-26-2015, 12:12 PM
All you voip haters sound like a bunch of old people saying, "I'm too old to learn this new technology." QQ.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59666959.jpg

Tuljin
10-26-2015, 01:00 PM
And all you voip lovers sound like a bunch of prepubescent crybabies who buy the new copy of Call of Duty every year

I like central scrutinizers attitude, we need more old curmudgeons to put you asshole whiney young whippersnappers in your place for fucking up our "classic" experience absolutely beyond all repair

Nibblewitz
10-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Makes you wonder if these non-classic technologies have reviatalized a very hardcore MMO, and that is why people still play here.

Eldini
10-26-2015, 01:47 PM
And all you voip lovers sound like a bunch of prepubescent crybabies who buy the new copy of Call of Duty every year

I like central scrutinizers attitude, we need more old curmudgeons to put you asshole whiney young whippersnappers in your place for fucking up our "classic" experience absolutely beyond all repair

So I guess the irony of this statement is lost on you then?
"Nasely, wheezy, lisps, the fucked up inflections of bitter seething balls of rage who seriously don't ever talk to anybody else... it's just awful. Listening to most people from video games is like chewing kleenex. "

All I heard central scrutinizer say was basically I'm old and depressed, and that's a bummer... I'll be on Mumble if you want to talk, bud.

trite
10-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Current guild has none of this and I'm glad. Not a huge fan of stoners in my vent either. Stoners play video games though and most guilds can't afford to be so discerning in their quest for numbers.

The slander against Yowwie/ Flexn seems odd to me. Spent some amount of time in vent with him and he was actually one of the better vent personalities...confident and friendly, never talked about drugs, a nice guy that most people got along with. Although he did go on one time about how he thought he could take Ronda Rousey and even with 100lbs on her mass skepticism ensued.