PDA

View Full Version : Triggered Faydedar

Man0warr
10-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Some complied info about Triggered version of Faydedar for Druid epic.

The triggered version of Faydedar spawns in the hidden oasis in Timorous Deep. To spawn it, find Dolgin Codslayer at -11840, -1855, on the beach in the oasis.

You say, 'Hail, Dolgin Codslayer'

Dolgin Codslayer says 'ARGH! Dangit, ya scared me! Tread cautiously, friend. This here place ain't as friendly as it seems. There's a beast lurkin' in this here puddle.'

You say, 'A beast?'

Dolgin Codslayer says 'Aye lad. I seen it come from the ocean. It was fightin' a group of adventurers, not unlike yerself. The battle raged long and hard, and at the end the beast lay still among countless of the adventurers bodies. They left assuming it had been slain by their hands. But, once they left, I seen it come crawlin in this here place. They called it by the name Fayde, er, Fayred. Hrmm. What was it they called it? I can't remember.'

You say, 'Faydedar?'

Dolgin Codslayer says 'Ya! That's what they called it! A great water dragon as the legends say. Only way to find him now is to lure him out from hiding. Not that I would suggest doin such a thing. The dern thing's broken, bleedin, and cornered. That's a mighty deadly position to put a critter in if ye ask me. Course if yer wantin' to try it, there might be a way. Ya willin to risk it?'

You say, 'I will risk it.'

Dolgin Codslayer says 'Well jus' before that there beast ended up in combat, I watched him from the shores. Only reason he got into such a mess was 'cause of his belly. He swam right into those adventurers chasin' down a wandering froglok. You wanna catch a fish, use the right bait. If only we had us some frogloks essence, then mebbe he'd come out agin. But I must warn ye laddies that the bloke over by the inn already warned me to leave all the natural critters in this here oasis in peace. He might get right mad if he sees a battle brewin' here.'

Hand him the froglok essence looted from Ulump.

Dolgin Codslayer says 'What's this? Egads! It's perfect. Now all we gotta do is hope he bites.' Dolgin takes a little of the essence and smears it on a piece of bread. He places the bait into the water and watches intently.'

He will hand it back and despawn. Faydedar will now be spawned in the water in the middle of the oasis. Kill it to loot a Pod of Seawater (identifies as "Seawater from Timorous").

Some other information:

If the real Faydedar is up, the turn in won't do anything.

Triggered Faydedar drops nothing but the Pod and level appropriate research materials.

Couldn't find a definite source of a respawn timer for Dolgin Codslayer but I saw different posts of 8 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours. Seemed to be short enough where it didn't cause to many problems.

Post on 8-2001 from this thread: http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-8845.html

Faydedar can be both a natural spawn, and triggered.

The triggered version only drops the Druid epic component; and no other loot.

The dwarf trigger respawns approximately every 8 hours.

Alunova
10-15-2015, 05:17 PM
Did the real fay still drop the pod of water?

Plackers
10-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Did the real fay still drop the pod of water?

I asked Siri and she said yes .

Telin
10-15-2015, 07:01 PM
I went to help a druid the other day, and when they handed in their froglok essence it didn't trigger fay. We found out itw as because the real one was up. We killed it and looted, among other things, a dragon bone bracer, an RBB, a few spells, and the druid epic piece.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4470&p=4#m10034589113677

Man0warr
10-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Yes, the real one still drops the epic piece. I assume it's the same for real Venril Sathir and Trakanon also.

Daldaen
10-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Real Venril certainly didn't drop druid epic piece. Trakanon I am also fairly sure didn't keep dropping bard guts.

I would guess Faydedar just got left out because its a crappy mob no one paid attention to.

Culkasi
10-27-2015, 07:44 AM
From Trakanon post it looks like Trakanon kept dropping guts until 12/31/2001 on timeline - maybe similar for VS & Fay?