PDA

View Full Version : Where does 'consider red' actually come from?

Fame
09-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Consider Red (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1398357&postcount=1)

Swish is a pillar of integrity in this moral wasteland. A little too much disrespect towards a guy who is only trying to help the server. Lay off nerds.

:D

indiscriminate_hater
09-17-2015, 09:13 PM
OP is a flame agate, move along, nothing to see here

Pokesan
09-17-2015, 09:14 PM
its what BDA said to TMO when they chased them off the blue server

captnamazing
09-17-2015, 09:36 PM

wow

Kekephee
09-17-2015, 10:32 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FttAhns.jpg

contemptor
09-17-2015, 10:45 PM
lolllll

I have no idea who you are, but you may want to douche yourself at some point, so salty.

Adnan
09-17-2015, 11:24 PM
LMFAO KEKE

SyanideGas
09-17-2015, 11:26 PM
LMFAO KEKE

Raije1000
09-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Excellent Keke

captnamazing
09-18-2015, 01:41 AM

Raije1000
09-18-2015, 01:47 AM
We saw it the first time, thx capt. it is great.

Swish
09-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Consider Red (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1398357&postcount=1)

Swish is a pillar of integrity in this moral wasteland. A little too much disrespect towards a guy who is only trying to help the server. Lay off nerds.

:D

You're all so cruel, to the point where mentioning a colour is met with rage. If only you'd try it, you might like it.

Spyder73
09-18-2015, 09:30 AM
You're all so cruel, to the point where mentioning a colour is met with rage. If only you'd try it, you might like it.

1) Here is 'merica we say "color" not "colour"
2) I regularly tell my GF "If only you'd try it, you might like it" and it rarely works.
3) Move along

Swish
09-18-2015, 09:45 AM
2) I regularly tell my GF "If only you'd try it, you might like it" and it rarely works.
3) Move along

Lucky we're speaking English and not American then, isn't it? <3

Rivthis
09-18-2015, 10:16 AM
3) Move along

ROFLMAO

MycahDavith
09-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Colour, armour, favourite....

All english words I learned as an American in school, in England.

Weird

Fame
09-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Not what I expected but LOL that pic is good,

Stay strong Swish!

Baler
09-18-2015, 05:09 PM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/33onrqt.jpg

Aviann
09-18-2015, 09:02 PM

What? No.. I mean Alarti part yes, but Chest part fuck no. Ugh. Disgusting.

LostCause
09-18-2015, 10:00 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2856311040_a7ed17aef5_m.jpg

Swish
09-18-2015, 10:04 PM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/33onrqt.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2856311040_a7ed17aef5_m.jpg

chortled

Bromgard
09-18-2015, 10:42 PM
My experience on Red the past 2 weeks as a long-time blue player who finally made the jump.

Cons:
1) PvP blows. The fights are never fair and I'm frequently harassed by people who outgear me by 200k+ plat while I'm trying to progress.

2) Global /ooc may as well be a case study on what happens when you put 200 people with aspergers in one room.

3) The economy is basically non-existent.You will level to 60 in rags.

Pros:
1) The exp bonus will save you hours of your miserable life. I went from 0-50 in two weeks and still had time to shave my neckbeard before a skype date.

2) Prospects of being able to raid some fun end-game content without having to poop in a sock seems A+.

3) I now know more about how to deal with people with Autism than I ever dreamed possible. Could probably apply for a job in a clinic. Real life skillz, yo.

Swish
09-18-2015, 10:46 PM
My experience on Red the past 2 weeks as a long-time blue player who finally made the jump.

Cons:
1) PvP blows. The fights are never fair

Technically a fight is only fair if you have 2 players in the same gear with the same starting stats both seeing the other player at the same time...etc etc.

Ragnaros (a Kunark geared rogue) killed Engelburt (Empire Velious geared warrior and often the main tank for them) the other night... follow your dreams, and keep practicing.

maerilith
09-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Op not a flame agate, more like a fire emerald.

maerilith
09-18-2015, 11:53 PM
Also rogue vs warrior imba. Should be war vs war if u wanna compare gear vs skill etc.

Big_Japan
09-19-2015, 06:02 AM

Cons:
1) PvP blows. The fights are never fair and I'm frequently harassed by people who outgear me by 200k+ plat while I'm trying to progress.

2) Global /ooc may as well be a case study on what happens when you put 200 people with aspergers in one room.

3) The economy is basically non-existent.You will level to 60 in rags.

Pros:
1) The exp bonus will save you hours of your miserable life. I went from 0-50 in two weeks and still had time to shave my neckbeard before a skype date.

2) Prospects of being able to raid some fun end-game content without having to poop in a sock seems A+.

3) I now know more about how to deal with people with Autism than I ever dreamed possible. Could probably apply for a job in a clinic. Real life skillz, yo.

1 reason to play red: fresh blue meat like this does exist, albeit in a small minority

Swish
09-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Also rogue vs warrior imba. Should be war vs war if u wanna compare gear vs skill etc.

You're right, people should only be able to kill people of the same class.... we want it to be super fair after all, don't we?

maerilith
09-19-2015, 09:34 AM
You're right, people should only be able to kill people of the same class.... we want it to be super fair after all, don't we?

I didn't say that. I said it is an invalid comparison if you want to invoke logic to define skill.

90% of EQ pvp comes down to situation, some random ass rock paper scissors class balance, and finally, a bit of luck, and lastly gear/skill.

In the end it all comes down to numbers and a bit of luck if well played on both sides. At that point skill is less relevant.

Most people on red are skilled enough to make skill less of an advantage.

PS BoTB doesn't have random class mashups, its class vs class usually with instant win abilities removed. Of which all classes have their fair share of golem wandery.

Tuljin
09-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Blue sucks

Red wouldn't suck as much if Blue didn't suck so much and people were willing to jump over en masse rather than hang around on Blue complaining about Lawyerquest and Poopsock quest

The big guilds are at fault. If any decree came from any one of the big guildleaders and they said "hey guys, we're going Red" the lemmings would all follow. Instead, they hang around on blue with their dicks in their hands. The guild leaders have personality disorders and ego complexes so of course they would never leave their precious pixels behind.

P99 is an awesome project but unfortunately the nerds who play this game can't play nice together like grownups.

Red sucks because Blue sucks.

Bromgard
09-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Even though PvP is extremely unbalanced and the griefing while leveling up blows, it's probably actually not the main reason that Blue people don't come to red.

The first time I tried Red months ago, I quit because it was difficult to find a group or anyone else to play with at low levels. <Thunderdome> has somewhat alleviated that.

The second time, I almost quit because it was impossible to find any gear to buy for a melee. A friend tossed me a few hundred plat and even after auctioning for hours a day and making threads on the forums, I couldn't find a decent weapon to buy or even some large bronze armor. I'm still facing similar problems at 50.

Both of these problems stem from low population. It's a catch 22. Low pop keeps the pop from growing. So how do you fix it? Here are some suggestions for the Red overlords:

1) Spend more time in newbie zones helping noobs level and acquire some basic gears/spells.

2) Make twink alts to combat the griefers in CB/Unrest/etc. to allow more groups to take place. I'm sure some Empire alt would LOVE to take on Exed.

3) Be more lenient on the requirements to get tagged in your guild. Most of the top-end guilds have a level requirement of 50+ or 60. Many GREAT players (from blue or elsewhere) will never make it to 50+, but that could change if they had the encouragement and support of a guild with a lot of resources.

I think asking whole guilds from Blue to migrate to Red is extremely unrealistic. But if Red players could do a little more to be welcoming to the individuals who are trying Red for the first time, it could go a long way.

Big_Japan
09-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Even though PvP is extremely unbalanced and the griefing while leveling up blows, it's probably actually not the main reason that Blue people don't come to red.

The first time I tried Red months ago, I quit because it was difficult to find a group or anyone else to play with at low levels. <Thunderdome> has somewhat alleviated that.

The second time, I almost quit because it was impossible to find any gear to buy for a melee. A friend tossed me a few hundred plat and even after auctioning for hours a day and making threads on the forums, I couldn't find a decent weapon to buy or even some large bronze armor. I'm still facing similar problems at 50.

Both of these problems stem from low population. It's a catch 22. Low pop keeps the pop from growing. So how do you fix it? Here are some suggestions for the Red overlords:

1) Spend more time in newbie zones helping noobs level and acquire some basic gears/spells.

2) Make twink alts to combat the griefers in CB/Unrest/etc. to allow more groups to take place. I'm sure some Empire alt would LOVE to take on Exed.

3) Be more lenient on the requirements to get tagged in your guild. Most of the top-end guilds have a level requirement of 50+ or 60. Many GREAT players (from blue or elsewhere) will never make it to 50+, but that could change if they had the encouragement and support of a guild with a lot of resources.

I think asking whole guilds from Blue to migrate to Red is extremely unrealistic. But if Red players could do a little more to be welcoming to the individuals who are trying Red for the first time, it could go a long way.

mad. did not read

Rararboker
09-19-2015, 08:25 PM
I actually have fun on red when I play. Worst thing was Exed. Though it was amusing when he tried to root me over and over and got no where. Though it sucked when I couldn't land a nuke and had to run.

Swish
09-19-2015, 08:36 PM
I actually have fun on red when I play.

So do I, it's the best modern classic gaming experience.

Bromgard
09-20-2015, 02:56 AM
mad. did not read

Found the lowlife griefer.

maskedmelon
09-21-2015, 09:25 AM
I've felt extraordinarily welcome on red. Even most of the PKs I've rune into don't qualify as griefers. They are just out to pvp and get some kills... On a pvp server I think that's a reasonable ambition. Of course I didn't level through CB / Unrest, but the fact that we are able to name the couple peeps who operate there speaks contrary to the argument that griefing is rampant. The economy is a bit frustrating, but global ooc makes things somewhat more manageable, as do the weekends. I just hit 47 yesterday and have not had much issue finding groups to level thanks to TD ^^

Swish
09-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Nobody likes to die in pvp, but it happens - you just get up and get on with it ( call LNS {loot n scoot} if you need to, and the killer can't touch you as long as you loot your corpse and leave the zone).

Also the best way to improve, as with pve... is to practice. If you dodge pvp for 50 levels you'll be a weaker player than someone who has used his skills or has at least an idea of what to do.

Since I moved to red my enchanter/wizard pvp has improved but I'm still learning... I'm no veteran. They'll catch you out with something, and you'll think on it and be more prepared for next time. Unlike discord server... you can always respawn and learn some more ;)

Practice today on red <3

maskedmelon
09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Also, intimate knowledge of ordinary game mechanics taken for granted in page encounters is very much of use in pvp despite the less straightforward nature of your adversary. It is important to keep in mind all the things that you can do to players and players to you outside of pvp in addition to all the things you can do to NPCs in ordinary pve content. PVP and PVE are not the same, but there is overlap and recognizing it is key to transition from one to the other.

Coordination is another huge obstacle for Americans (or perhaps westerners in general?) in pvp. In PvE players designate specific roles and duties (main assist, healer, back up heals, cc, etc), but in pvp that seems to break down for most people. Communication ceases and people just randomly engage one another. Don't let that happen, if you are in a group when pvp breaks out and nobody's leading, take control, communicate a plan and assign roles ^^

These are just some of my observations. I haven't killed anyone yet, and do expect to top the charts anytime soon because in general I utterly lack the concentration or mental alacrity for quickly analyzing dynamic situations. That doesn't prevent me from putting up a respectable fight or improving though ^^.

maskedmelon
09-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Bottom line, if you consider pvp to be griefing you're gonna have a bad time ^^ If you take and accept it for what it is, you'll have a much more enjoyable time.

Lictor
09-21-2015, 02:13 PM
50+ game is entirely different. Your opinion may change