PDA

View Full Version : Leatherfoot raider skullcap

ronasch
09-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Last night in permafrost bear pits I was at 6% health clicked my Leatherfoot cap which did go off in time and did use the charge. Got red loading message, thinking I was going to pop up alive in WC. No ended up naked at bind point. There was no "you were slain" message or any other death xp loss message. But I did lose Xp and my cap charge was gone. I obviously clicked my cap in time otherwise I'd still have the charge.

Daldaen
09-11-2015, 11:31 AM
This is a long standing bug in EQ that persists until today.

Basically, your client considers you clicked that cap, and are zoning out. However the server takes 1 second~ to remove you from the zone. Inbetween when you hit that load screen and when the server removes you from the zone, the mob that was hitting you got a round in and killed you.

There really isn't much they can do to fix this. Devs over the years have tried a number of things like DAing you as you zone (which ended up blocking the port and crashing you to desktop), and of course trying to sync up zone windows and character removals so that this doesn't happen. One thing they didn't try was placing a 6 second 1 million point rune on yourself after the cast so that any damage that comes in is eaten by the rune and it wears off shortly after you zone. They ignored me when I suggested this on live.

mgellan
09-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Yup happened to me a while back as well trying to get across SG on my cleric, seems like the spell casts and you start to zone but if the mobs kill you shortly after click you'll zone in to bind naked with a discharged hat.

Regards,
Mg

ronasch
09-11-2015, 11:41 AM
No biggie, I got rezzed shortly after. Just a pain in the ass to recharge my cap lol

Erati
09-11-2015, 12:55 PM
nothing worse than deciding "Yes, I gotta cap"...then you hit your cap....die and have to recharge it

the worst