PDA

View Full Version : Can we just remove RnF?

Thulack
09-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Would thin out the forums rather quickly. All the idiots that post there would post their garbage in a regular forum and get banned sooner or later. Might take awhile but the forums would be cleaned of the garbage sooner or later.

Swish
09-05-2015, 10:30 AM
There's an opt out option isn't there?

Thulack
09-05-2015, 10:32 AM

That hasnt worked in over a year plus that doesnt help with removing the forum of the dipshits that post here. People like Visage have no reason to post on these forums other then to talk shit and to make himself think he is cool. No reason for any of that to be here.

Itap
09-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I agree, rnf hasnt been the same since 2012

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Would thin out the forums rather quickly. All the idiots that post there would post their garbage in a regular forum and get banned sooner or later. Might take awhile but the forums would be cleaned of the garbage sooner or later.

Typical liberal. "i don't like something, and id probably kill myself if i have to bear it any longer, ban it for everyone because I'm incapable of not having a mentality strong enough to resist doing it!"
Heres an idea, if you want to get rid of something that is doing no harm to anyone or anything, Ban yourself before you harm yourself with an aneurysm or something of the sort.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 10:45 AM

I guess these fools feel obligated to click and read every article. Common sense just aint in there capacity to understand.

phacemeltar
09-05-2015, 10:46 AM

user cp > edit options > scroll down > opt out of rants and flames > end qq

Thulack
09-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Typical liberal. "i don't like something, and id probably kill myself if i have to bear it any longer, ban it for everyone because I'm incapable of not having a mentality strong enough to resist doing it!"
Heres an idea, if you want to get rid of something that is doing no harm to anyone or anything, Ban yourself before you harm yourself with an aneurysm or something of the sort.

I've tried but as i said the stupid opt out button on these forums doesnt work. Also what good does the forum do for anyone? Personally i'm of the mindset if nothing positive comes out of something then there is no point in having it.

Thulack
09-05-2015, 10:48 AM
user cp > edit options > scroll down > opt out of rants and flames > end qq

Doesnt work as i said.

Swish
09-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I guess these fools feel obligated to click and read every article. Common sense just aint in there capacity to understand.

I think that's part of the problem, a lack of self control. The amount of people who get mad at a thread but will continue to revisit it and reply and get more worked up are the ones who need help and should self exclude themselves from the forums.

This morning I had a PM from someone who was really worked up.

http://imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/09/05/Untitled.png

Save these people from themselves...RNF is just a game.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I've tried but as i said the stupid opt out button on these forums doesnt work. Also what good does the forum do for anyone? Personally i'm of the mindset if nothing positive comes out of something then there is no point in having it.

Nothing positive comes out of your post, delete it.
RnF has the most posts in the entire forum. Its obviously done something. Just because you have no interest, doesn't grant you the right to ruin it for everyone.
It is seriously the easiest thing in the world just to not click on it.

Champion_Standing
09-05-2015, 10:58 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpujl7YgPM1qcni7q.gif

Thulack
09-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Nothing positive comes out of your post, delete it.
RnF has the most posts in the entire forum. Its obviously done something. Just because you have no interest, doesn't grant you the right to ruin it for everyone.
It is seriously the easiest thing in the world just to not click on it.

Lol "done something" Only reason it has that many posts is because of the trolls that come to these forums. I would wager that all of the RnF post from the last year have come from less then 10% of the community.

Thulack
09-05-2015, 11:00 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpujl7YgPM1qcni7q.gif

mad and disgusted are 2 different things.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Lol "done something" Only reason it has that many posts is because of the trolls that come to these forums. I would wager that all of the RnF post from the last year have come from less then 10% of the community.

So what your saying is, by your logic, any group of the US population less than 10% should be rounded up, put in camps, and removed from society?

Varren
09-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Refrain from clicking the forum, silly

Thulack
09-05-2015, 11:06 AM
So what your saying is, by your logic, any group of the US population less than 10% should be rounded up, put in camps, and removed from society?

If they arent doing anything productive for society sure. I'm all for limiting global population. We are destroying ourselves by overpopulating as it is. Thats another discussion for another time though. :)

Thulack
09-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Refrain from clicking the forum, silly

I'm just going to stop coming to the forums all together. I'm just the type that likes to click and read everything. Its just sad that people actually think half the crap they post in RnF is funny or worthwhile to actually post.

Champion_Standing
09-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Why would you want RNF gone and all those threads posted in server chat? I guess the mods and GMs don't have enough to do?

Sounds like an excellent plan

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 11:11 AM
If they arent doing anything productive for society sure. I'm all for limiting global population. We are destroying ourselves by overpopulating as it is. Thats another discussion for another time though. :)

Alright, well you obviously are part of the 10% here who agree with you on rnf, so with all due respect, follow your own logic and ban yourself from the forums. Rid us of this stupidity.

Thulack
09-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Why would you want RNF gone and all those threads posted in server chat? I guess the mods and GMs don't have enough to do?

Sounds like an excellent plan

People would be smart enough to not post that shit in general and if they did they would get banned. As i said it would take some time but after the purging of all the garbage the forums would be a better place.

Champion_Standing
09-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm just going to stop coming to the forums all together. I'm just the type that likes to click and read everything. Its just sad that people actually think half the crap they post in RnF is funny or worthwhile to actually post.

Ur just a mad jaded old forumquester who's burnt out. Time to take a break from P99 all together bro.

Thulack
09-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Funny though how 3 of the 5 people posting responses in this thread are 3 of the most trollish people in RnF. Not surprising you would try and defend your home.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Funny though how 3 of the 5 people posting responses in this thread are 3 of the most trollish people in RnF. Not surprising you would try and defend your home.

And im guessing you would invite the thief in for an afternoon "session"

Sorn
09-05-2015, 11:21 AM
I am not fond of the drama mongers who tend to spill out of RnF. It's like a rotting carcass attracting vultures at this point. Eventually they get so hungry for more, they spread into other sections to attack the living. It doesn't even matter if you don't read the threads there. I can't even escape them here!

And of course, the more they spread, the less of a point there is to reply to a thread because there's nothing to reply to and it's just people getting mad all the time while the ones instigating everything are giggling to themselves and trying to stir the pot more because they just love drama.

Swish
09-05-2015, 11:24 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/si7ZWHm50U3T2/giphy.gif

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Madness.

You know who else didn't like flames forums?

phacemeltar
09-05-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm just going to stop coming to the forums all together.

problem solved

Cecily
09-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Can we move this flame bait to RnF where belongs please?

Swish
09-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Makes a thread about how bad RNF is, then flames, baits and trolls throughout...

https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/one-of-us.gif

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Makes a thread about how bad RNF is, then flames, baits and trolls throughout...

https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/one-of-us.gif

Ironic, isnt it?

Cecily
09-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Great troll thread, Thulack. You're my favorite RnF poster but you should keep it out of server chat.

http://i.imgur.com/aBZr0fw.gif

HowlingMad
09-05-2015, 11:57 AM
This whole thing made my Saturday Morning brighter.

Thanks!

PS. Swish, is that Bill Gates next to some bald guy?

Swish
09-05-2015, 12:09 PM
This whole thing made my Saturday Morning brighter.

Thanks!

PS. Swish, is that Bill Gates next to some bald guy?

I'm not actually sure, especially with that necklace...but it's a dead ringer if its not him :p

pathius41
09-05-2015, 12:20 PM

I'm not one of the 3 to 5 people, and I rarely post. However I get the feeling you are the type of person that would have strip clubs banned too since only 10% or less of the population visit them. Or maybe churches as well since their popularity is declining. Here's some advice for the forums, and in life : If you don't want to see something, DON"T LOOK. Pretty simple.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 12:24 PM
: If you don't want to see something, DON"T LOOK. Pretty simple.

DONT LOOK DOWN!
/Looks down

beyondinfin
09-05-2015, 12:34 PM
These forums could sure use some sanity. Baah what do we need that for?

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 12:37 PM
These forums could sure use some sanity. Baah what do we need that for?

You know what a movie based on sanity is called? a documentary.
Sanity would only bring the death of these forums :P

captnamazing
09-05-2015, 01:11 PM
[...] but you should keep it out of server chat.

kaev
09-05-2015, 01:51 PM

Typical self-entitled "libertarian" attitude you got there bro "Hey I wanna do this and I don't give a shit about anybody else it's all about meeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Toddler much?

Shjade
09-05-2015, 01:56 PM
I agree, rnf hasnt been the same since 2012

Before my time. What changed then?

apio
09-05-2015, 02:12 PM
the retarded troll group on the P99 forums was one of the main reason I stopped playing here. The reason RNF still exists is because the people in charge on this project would do ANYTHING to keep their forum and server numbers up, doesn't matter how badly it corrupts their projects and sucks the fun out of playing for everyone else.

Calibix
09-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Typical self-entitled "libertarian" attitude you got there bro "Hey I wanna do this and I don't give a shit about anybody else it's all about meeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Toddler much?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

captnamazing
09-05-2015, 02:21 PM
the retarded troll group on the P99 forums was one of the main reason I stopped playing here. The reason RNF still exists is because the people in charge on this project would do ANYTHING to keep their forum and server numbers up, doesn't matter how badly it corrupts their projects and sucks the fun out of playing for everyone else.

serious question: why not just stop reading RNF?

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 02:21 PM

im not a libertarian. im about as middle as can be to be politically correct, but i identify with no bearing. However, work through their own perception of cowardliness and greed.
Something i can not, nor will ever, show the slightest bit of respect too.
You obviously identify as a liberal though, since you manage to have it in your mind that an individuals freedom of choice is selfish when it doesnt benefit you

Jimjam
09-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Is it ironic that a thread that belongs in RNF wants to slay it?

Champion_Standing
09-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Not surprising you would try and defend your home.

What kind of spineless scum wouldn't defend their home?!

myriverse
09-05-2015, 02:38 PM
the stupid opt out button on these forums doesnt work.
:confused: Pretty sure we were all born with our own opt out buttons.

myriverse
09-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Nah. Sounds about right.

Calibix
09-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Nah. Sounds about right.

I'll be more succinct.

They clearly do not know what that word means. Neither do you.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 03:03 PM

Can you please re-read your statement.
You just said you stopped playing p99 because of the forums...Yet you're on the forums posting still? What is going on in your head?

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2015, 03:56 PM
I feel the RNF vibe affects the staff who read the RNF (Which most of them do) causes them to pick up a certain energy and treat the community a certain way. RNF might possibly be setting the tone lately for some interactions.

Just my observation based on the past few years. RNF lately bleeds into the other forums one way or another, whether by setting a tone, or by staff reading a lot of RNF/off topic and possibly carrying that type of energy over into server discussion changes and community interactions.

Other than that, I have no problem with RNF.

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2015, 04:00 PM
In addition, players seem to get the same affect. But this wouldn't bother me as much if I knew the staff were largely unaffected by it.

I've gotten the impression the staffs dispositions have been affected by RNF in a certain way. I noticed some of this during p99 design discussion topics in regards to controversial changes.

Just my observations.

Pokesan
09-05-2015, 04:36 PM
BDA

iruinedyourday
09-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Random needs a ban for shitposting more than anyone.

I'd be happy if they took down all the boards together if it meant he had to find a new dark place to post.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Random needs a ban for shitposting more than anyone.

I'd be happy if they took down all the boards together if it meant he had to find a new dark place to post.

You really are just a shriveled soul of a man arent you?
My posts are perfectly fine, you're just screwed up mentally.

Caladbolg
09-05-2015, 04:58 PM

Well how else could they justify being offended? They might feel less important if they weren't forcing everyone else to adhere to their opinions like Radical hyper religious christians like the Westboro Baptist church.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Well how else could they justify being offended? They might feel less important if they weren't forcing everyone else to adhere to their opinions like Radical hyper religious christians like the Westboro Baptist church.

They couldn't.
Since he had the decency to target me, ill have the decency to target him.
Its people like iruinedyourday who literally go out of their way to disagree and be offended by just about everything in existence and try their best to ruin other peoples days with insults. Of course it never works, but hey, at least they get off on it and i get a laugh out of it

iruinedyourday
09-05-2015, 05:29 PM
You really are just a shriveled soul of a man arent you?
My posts are perfectly fine, you're just screwed up mentally.

there are zero people on these forums that would agree.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 05:39 PM

Well i agree with my statement, so you're already wrong.

iruinedyourday
09-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Well i agree with my statement, so you're already wrong.

Id hardly consider you a person.

Ranndom
09-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Id hardly consider you a person.

Funny, because id hardly consider you anything other than a slave.

Whirled
09-05-2015, 06:49 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/sz3pnTuOYyupa/giphy.gif

Caladbolg
09-05-2015, 11:24 PM

Personally I think Ranndom is alright.

Huggz
09-06-2015, 02:29 AM
One of the biggest group of nobodies the Internet has ever known.

Swish
09-06-2015, 09:36 AM
One of the biggest group of nobodies the Internet has ever known.

who are you?

Ranndom
09-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Personally I think Ranndom is alright.

Woot!

Champion_Standing
09-17-2015, 01:13 AM
bumping cuz RNF is still here

Swish
09-17-2015, 01:19 AM
bumping cuz RNF is still here

lol