PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming change to class epics

Pages : [1] 2

nilbog
08-31-2015, 03:14 PM
With the next patch, all epics will have a level 46 requirement.

There is inconsistent research regarding which epics required level requirements to obtain. Several couldn't be completed until 46 or higher due to level checks on quests or certain steps involving planar zones. It has been noted by the original developers that epic items were intended only for those of higher levels. Additionally, we feel that acquiring an epic weapon should only be possible when a player has become powerful enough to cross interplanar portals. Therefore, we are adding a level requirement of 46 to equip all epic items.

Pokeman
08-31-2015, 03:15 PM
cool story

heartbrand
08-31-2015, 03:15 PM
RIP level 20 fungi rogues on red

Robbintha Hood
08-31-2015, 03:18 PM
Nice.

-TK-
08-31-2015, 03:20 PM
Nice.

dafier
08-31-2015, 03:20 PM
Nice. Thanks for the update

Itap
08-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Solid work bog

heals4reals
08-31-2015, 03:22 PM
RIP level 20 fungi rogues on red

A good thing for new players on Red.

Unrelated - hope we can get recharging back on red since the recharging nerf was aimed at preventing clickies from being used on other players (which was disabled in a separate patch).

Pringles
08-31-2015, 03:23 PM
Will they still be able to complete the quests? or only not be able to equip? Hopefully its both to curb the MQ market further.

Ele
08-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Will the items stay equipped and usable as a weapon until death/unequipping occurs?

Itap
08-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Will they still be able to complete the quests? or only not be able to equip? Hopefully its both to curb the MQ market further.

i would imagine the npcs will not talk to them until 46? MQs wont work unless the person turning in is at least 46?

Seltius
08-31-2015, 03:29 PM
Err I was asking same thing Ele was.

Messie
08-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Nice change! Thanks.

heals4reals
08-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Will the items stay equipped and usable as a weapon until death/unequipping occurs?

should only put level restriction on the quest mobs, deleveling characters with planar gear and epics was classic

Haynar
08-31-2015, 03:50 PM

I think current code renders it as if you didnt have anything equipped, if you dont meet level requirement. I am sure it will be looked at again to make sure it behaves correctly.

H

Ella`Ella
08-31-2015, 03:52 PM

There is inconsistent research regarding which epics required level requirements to obtain. Several couldn't be completed until 46 or higher due to level checks on quests or certain steps involving planar zones. It has been noted by the original developers that epic items were intended only for those of higher levels. Additionally, we feel that acquiring an epic weapon should only be possible when a player has become powerful enough to cross interplanar portals. Therefore, we are adding a level requirement of 46 to equip all epic items.

Not to underscore my appreciation for the project, however isn't a large portion of the intuition on restricting P99 only Classic, Kunark and Velious to avoid mechanics such as req/rec levels on items that came with Luclin and future expansions?

Could we consider restricting the final turn in NPC to only recognize 46+ as opposed to adding a Req level to equip?

kaev
08-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Not to underscore my appreciation for the project, however isn't a large portion of the intuition on restricting P99 only Classic, Kunark and Velious to avoid mechanics such as req/rec levels on items that came with Luclin and future expansions?

Could we consider restricting the final turn in NPC to only recognize 46+ as opposed to adding a Req level to equip?

I think this would be excellent if coupled with the removal of epic MQ plus the deletion of all existing epics that were obtained below level 46. Let the redites continue their delevelling shenanigans while purging vast quantities of grotesque mudflation from blue.
#wipeitclean2015

fishingme
08-31-2015, 04:15 PM

edit: Not a terrible idea coupled with removing the ability to MQ

L4m3st0n3
08-31-2015, 04:31 PM
This is awesome. Maybe it will drive some prices up for twink rogues having to get a new weapon ha.

phacemeltar
08-31-2015, 04:36 PM
yay, warriors can tank again! is this pending patch?

jaybone
08-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Nocsucow getting hit hard this week.

surron
08-31-2015, 04:38 PM
pras this well needed change.

LGraves
08-31-2015, 04:41 PM
that's awesome. totally agreeable.

Champion_Standing
08-31-2015, 04:57 PM
A change that's long overdue, Great work.

Rararboker
08-31-2015, 05:02 PM
So if I read this right, epics are having lvl 46 requirements added to the equipping of the items. The quest can still be completed via MQ at sub-46 levels?

captnamazing
08-31-2015, 05:12 PM
this is great

Nirgon
08-31-2015, 05:23 PM
BLUE DIAMOND EARRING TREATMENT FOR SUB 46 EPIC CHARS

I've wanted this forever. Thank you!!!!!!

Rooj
08-31-2015, 05:23 PM
Now we just need to disable epic MQing. Honestly surprised it was ever allowed in the first place considering we have a no boxing rule.

Rooj
08-31-2015, 05:27 PM
OH and let's also get rid of doing epics that aren't for your class. Competing with corpse bankers for Ragefire = not classic. And kind of offensive, frankly.

kaev
08-31-2015, 05:30 PM
OH and let's also get rid of doing epics that aren't for your class. Competing with corpse bankers for Ragefire = not classic. And kind of offensive, frankly.

Sadly, they'd just bank hearts on cleric alts. :(

Oleris
08-31-2015, 05:39 PM
curb that RMT dudes

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11377894_792328420886691_1408737707_n.jpg

Mojo24
08-31-2015, 05:39 PM
1-46 can be done in a day with bard PL for around 100k.

Leveling a super twink without an epic to 46 can easily be done in 1-2 weeks.

So if you're worried don't be. The change isn't that bad and probably for the best.

QFuzzle
08-31-2015, 05:43 PM
I support this change.

jwargod
08-31-2015, 05:47 PM
RIP red rogues

Oleris
08-31-2015, 05:48 PM
what other custom content can we expect?

Cherry23
08-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Is it just me or is this game becoming more and more un-classic ?
I don't even have an epic weapon but I hear about this and Mage pets and so many things lately.. May have to sub live again. Enjoy the dwindling population y'all

nilbog
08-31-2015, 06:19 PM
I don't even have an epic weapon but I hear about this and Mage pets and so many things lately.. May have to sub live again. Enjoy the dwindling population y'all

Considering the majority of epics were not doable <46, this is actually more classic than what we have right now.

Not sure what you're referring to about mage pets.

Daldaen
08-31-2015, 06:29 PM
I tend to think it was classic that the quest didn't limit turnin, as I've done many on live pre-46, however those were all done PoP and beyond.

Not a bad change though, I'll have to figure out a different weapon for my rogue for a few levels!

Next stop, removing variance and replacing respawns with sim repops so that everything spawns at once and targets go to those who move fastest not those who camp out the most characters $$$.

khanable
08-31-2015, 06:30 PM
niiiice

Faywind
08-31-2015, 06:37 PM

Yes, it's just you. Server is healthier than ever!

Rararboker
08-31-2015, 06:45 PM
I think what the guy meant was adding level requirements to the weapons isn't classic. Adding level requirements to completing the quest would be classic though. This is like deleting manastones because they were removed from the drop tables or because people make too much plat selling them.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

nilbog
08-31-2015, 06:51 PM
Adding level requirements to completing the quest would be classic though.

I see. I've been asking for 2+ years the specifics of what epics were MQable/achievable at what levels. This change, we felt gives immediate results, without having to wait for that research to be complete. If there is definitive proof in the future of which step for each epic requires a certain level, this will be reevaluated.

plonkster
08-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Rogean, would you please let us know how long do we have before this change goes live?

Many of us have sub-46 characters with epics. Can you please give us notice so we can get an opportunity to level these characters up? A few weeks would probably be enough.

Then I totally applaud the change (this will end the whole situation on Red with level 30 epic rangers such as Exed, Surg and other similar losers who have been trying their best to grief noobs off the server for months by not only denying the noob groups exp, but making great effort to push the noobs to actually log out (how many lvl 25 1st chars are familiar with LnS?)).

nilbog
08-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Rogean, would you please let us know how long do we have before this change goes live?

Soon.™

Frudrura
08-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wormed
08-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Soon.™

When are we going to see Re99 so these changes can actually have some true classic feel!?

jaybone
08-31-2015, 07:12 PM
How long until Luclin comes out. Can't wait hope its not 5 years!!

wormed
08-31-2015, 07:22 PM

WTB Luclin/PoP.

Haynar
08-31-2015, 07:25 PM

Never. Not joking.

wormed
08-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Never. Not joking.

Then, personally, what are you gonna develop? Aside from fixes here and there, are you developing content any more or is content ceased?

Rogean
08-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Then, personally, what are you gonna develop?

http://i.imgur.com/yL5tmAe.png

Itap
08-31-2015, 07:39 PM
You have my Axe

jaybone
08-31-2015, 07:40 PM
Naw, i refuse to believe Velious is it.

Thulack
08-31-2015, 07:48 PM
Then, personally, what are you gonna develop? Aside from fixes here and there, are you developing content any more or is content ceased?

Maybe he will develop some stuff that will actually make him some money ;)

Daldaen
08-31-2015, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yL5tmAe.png

+Repops

Now say it together. More server repops!

indiscriminate_hater
08-31-2015, 07:58 PM
SCUM

Rararboker
08-31-2015, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the direct answer. If I had the info about those epic quest I would definitely share it. But, sadly, I lack that information. Never even finished my warrior epic on live.

If I come across the information I will post it in the proper forums.

nyclin
08-31-2015, 08:06 PM
Next stop, removing variance and replacing respawns with sim repops so that everything spawns at once and targets go to those who move fastest not those who camp out the most characters $$$.

Southpaws
08-31-2015, 08:14 PM
There is nothing more demoralizing than starting your first character on p1999 and running into rogues, monk, and clerics epiced before they are even level 20.

Nice change long overdue.

Daldaen
08-31-2015, 08:17 PM
There is nothing more demoralizing than starting your first character on p1999 and running into rogues, monk, and clerics epiced before they are even level 20.

Nice change long overdue.

In what way does that demoralize a new player?

nilbog
08-31-2015, 08:28 PM

I've replied to this in threads of the past, but:

Personally, I'd like to create classically-inspired content and mechanics as an addition to a new server while leaving p99 as a museum quality example of classic eq. There would be no custom content on the (most classic as possible) server. Additional bugs or researched anomalies would still be corrected.

After we have prekunark-Velious as pristine as possible, the aforementioned classically-inspired content is where I would devote my free time. I do not believe any developer on staff wants to work on recreating anything past Velious.

Itap
08-31-2015, 08:34 PM

Personally, I'd like to create classically-inspired content and mechanics as an addition to a new server while leaving p99 as a museum quality example of classic eq. There would be no custom content on the (most classic as possible) server. Additional bugs or researched anomalies would still be corrected.

After we have prekunark-Velious as pristine as possible, the aforementioned classically-inspired content is where I would devote my free time. I do not believe any developer on staff wants to work on recreating anything past Velious.

Can you tell us some of your ideas for the custom classic content you have in mind? ;)

nilbog
08-31-2015, 08:39 PM
Can you tell us some of your ideas for the custom classic content you have in mind? ;)

Not at this time. I have 6 years of personal notes to go through.

Nuggie
08-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Nuggie seal of approval.

Itap
08-31-2015, 08:42 PM

Fair enough, I had to ask

wormed
08-31-2015, 08:43 PM

Cool. I knew you had custom content in mind, but I didn't realize that P99 would be left as a "museum" of Classic EQ content. That's pretty cool.

As you alluded to in terms of 6 years of notes, the question most people have is will making P99 preKunark-Velious as pristine as possible take years or will we actually get to see a cool new server starting from scratch with a reasonable time table into custom content post-Velious? :)

Haynar
08-31-2015, 08:56 PM
Server of my choice?

Z99.

Lots of zombies.

PvP. No food/drink on vendors.

Plague is contageous.

All mobs have a chance to spawn zombies when they die.

All players have a chance to spawn zombies when they die.

Zombies are attracted to noise. Using any form of chat. Guild say. Ooc. Attracts zombies.

But I am not a content dev. So it will never happen.

Thulack
08-31-2015, 08:59 PM
Server of my choice?

Z99.

Lots of zombies.

Plague is contageous.

Zombies are attracted to noise. Using any form of chat. Guild say. Ooc. Attracts zombies.

You dont have time for more side projects do you? This might be the only version of PvP EQ i would play :P

Haloren
08-31-2015, 09:01 PM
I always thought of the spirit of epics to be for post 50 characters regardless of game set mechanics.

I don't know what all the rules really were, I remember there being a level requirement to talk to Telin Darkforest which pushed me to level my druid more. Even though I just wanted to talk to him it pushed me to level. Thats classic to me.

Always bugged me that this was possible on emulator servers. Didnt seem classic to me. Level 1 with epic? camaaan

Good change guys. Thanks.

Frudrura
08-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Server of my choice?

Z99.

Lots of zombies.

Plague is contageous.

This sounds pretty legit actually.

nyclin
08-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Server of my choice?

Z99.

this would be an amazing GM event

Tann
08-31-2015, 09:13 PM

you've done fine work sir, we're making a better world.

http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/movie-finishing-moves/dvd-grabs/9b.jpg

Sorn
08-31-2015, 09:14 PM
Server of my choice?

Z99.

Lots of zombies.

Plague is contageous.

Z99, where necromancers never run out of bodies!

I don't know what all the rules really were, I remember there being a level requirement to talk to Telin Darkforest which pushed me to level my druid more. Even though I just wanted to talk to him it pushed me to level. Thats classic to me.

There's a level requirement for Telin on P99 :)

SamwiseRed
08-31-2015, 09:54 PM

prob best patch notes ever

jarshale
08-31-2015, 10:21 PM
nilbog doin god's work.

Swish
08-31-2015, 10:34 PM
Epic quests to become epic again, great to see. Bodes well for future servers too.

Southpaws
08-31-2015, 10:57 PM
In what way does that demoralize a new player?

Generally, P1999 attracts people that played EQ live and want to relive the classic

experience. When you make your first character and see multiple people running

around with an epic before level 5, all legitimacy of this being a classic experience are

gone. When people don't see this as a legit server they leave. The only reason you

could possibly think this is bad news is if you sell MQ's. Do you really think seeing

epiced level 1 rogues encourages new players to stick around?

Tann
08-31-2015, 11:33 PM
Generally, P1999 attracts people that played EQ live and want to relive the classic experience. When you make your first character and see multiple people running around with an epic before level 5, all legitimacy of this being a classic experience are gone. When people don't see this as a legit server they leave. The only reason you could possibly think this is bad news is if you sell MQ's. Do you really think seeing epiced level 1 rogues encourages new players to stick around?

Fixed the excessive enter key usage and yes he does sell MQ's, but you should really be playing for yourself, who cares what the dude over there has.

Back in the day on live when I saw someone obviously twinked I never thought "damnit i'm going to quit now cause they shouldn't have that stuff so early", instead I thought "nice gear, if I play hard, skip showers, one day these things will too be mine".

Shjade
09-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Fixed the excessive enter key usage and yes he does sell MQ's, but you should really be playing for yourself, who cares what the dude over there has.

Back in the day on live when I saw someone obviously twinked I never thought "damnit i'm going to quit now cause they shouldn't have that stuff so early", instead I thought "nice gear, if I play hard, skip showers, one day these things will too be mine".

Many people are demoralized by the idea of needing to skip showers and, indeed, many other things in life to even attempt to be comparable to the existing players on a server - an impossible feat given those players are still progressing even while you try to catch up to where they already were when you started. And by "demoralized" I mean they'll weigh the options and go for the "fuck that" route and leave.

There's also the simpler problem of realizing that when people are farming epic parts so much that sub-level 10 alts have their epics already, it's probably going to be even harder to get yours since you're competing with who knows how many people who aren't even your class farming the required elements for cash. People who are better geared than you and already well-versed in how to do these things efficiently. This is also discouraging.

(As for the first point, I bet they copy/pasted out of notepad. It does odd things to spacing if you have word wrap enabled.)

WolfsongReborn
09-01-2015, 12:47 AM
pras this well needed change.

I agree but why allow it for years in the first place...especially when the planes are being used less and less every day?

Donton
09-01-2015, 12:54 AM

Your projecting yourself on others here by assuming people want to skip showers and "play hard" to one day make a level 1 rogue with an epic. Believe it or not, noobs log in, see this and think its dumb because they never saw it on classic EQ, and log out. We're all so proud that you stuck around though.;)

Tann
09-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Your projecting yourself on others here by assuming people want to skip showers and "play hard" to one day make a level 1 rogue with an epic. Believe it or not, noobs log in, see this and think its dumb because they never saw it on classic EQ, and log out. We're all so proud that you stuck around though.;)

the bit about playing hard and skipping showers was a joke, also I don't play here anymore, never had a toon beyond the 40's, and no epics. MQ's were classic, just not on low level toons. I MQ'd trak guts on live for my bard epic pre Velious, but again not lvl1.

If its discouraging to see other players with better gear then you I'd suggest a single player rpg, unless you're in the top raiding guild there will always be people with better gear.

Messie
09-01-2015, 02:51 AM
Being a relatively new player to the server, seeing clerics in mistmoore with epic and green con shaman with epic was one of the most discouraging things I've run into on here. It's a joke.

As a player who has been here for a long time, it's great to see new players agreeing with the sentiment !

Mustard
09-01-2015, 04:12 AM
The latest developments give me faith in the game.
Now I'm just waiting for a new server :)

Silent
09-01-2015, 04:13 AM
pras

Merekai
09-01-2015, 04:15 AM
Great work Nilbog and company, approve!

Chevey

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 05:48 AM
what other custom content can we expect?

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Did the developers take into account how many players have invested countless hours of farming into the current iteration of epics, and how wildly popular some epic twinks are on Blue 1999 especially?

Item requirements are not classic, and this will have an extremely negative impact on the gameplay of people who spent and invested their time into the existing system for the past several years/months and were enjoying the classic fruit of their labor. Many of which are not 46+ yet and are still leveling.

On these grounds, I'd urge scrapping the item requirement change and favor a 46+ turn-in requirement change. Grandfathering in those who have already invested hard playing time into the current system to earn their epic. This is the most fair way to go about it, is it not nilbog?

I can't help but feel this is more than gung-ho with very little regard for how many people have been investing time farming, trading, and buying and selling in order to afford their epic for their twink.

And item restrictions during Velious Era? Ugh :(

Silent
09-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Lol, have you not realized by now? P99 is not classic.

Swifty
09-01-2015, 06:34 AM
After 5 years of kunark...

Jimjam
09-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Naw, i refuse to believe Velious is it.

Don't worry bro, warrens is even greater than velious!

nevilshute
09-01-2015, 06:53 AM

http://i.imgur.com/9WZRDUe.jpg

Whoop
09-01-2015, 07:23 AM
When will we see the next patch I wonder?

Gelan
09-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Great Change,

Like some suggested. Would be even better if you can't MQ certain pieces of the epic quest.

Side effect is that people need to do the quest how it is intended.

Toodles
09-01-2015, 07:57 AM
A half measure. It doesn't do much unless epic MQ is stopped as well - then that covers the money /farming aspect, and it also deters guilds from farming contested mobs for alt epic gearing.
With that covered off, the only people needing epics, will actually be people needing and using the epic.

Seems logical...

Monty405
09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
When the blue99 beta is finally over recycle99 will be awesome!

Shrubwise
09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9WZRDUe.jpg

am0n
09-01-2015, 09:47 AM
After seeing the cost of some of the items for my Epic quest (for an MQ), I'd be totally fine if they removed MQ as an option for all pieces of the epic chain. While it's require I had a group to help me kill the mobs I need for the drops, at least there would be a chance, even if small, that the mob is up when I need it as opposed to always being killed so people can just MQ the item.

heals4reals
09-01-2015, 10:01 AM
I think current code renders it as if you didnt have anything equipped, if you dont meet level requirement. I am sure it will be looked at again to make sure it behaves correctly.

H

It was a classic feature to be able to hit 46, gear up with planar and epic, and delevel (for PvP-sake); the gear was usable. The level requirements were for NPC's to talk to you, I thought... (even to delete character make a new level 1 with same name and loot corpse full of no drop planar and epics+). So, I think that the "current code renders it as if you didnt have anything equipped, if you dont meet level requirement," would not be the correct solution.

Also, what about the subquest rewards, such as Black Fur Boots for shamans? How will these be effected?

Ravager
09-01-2015, 11:34 AM
I always thought of the spirit of epics to be for post 50 characters regardless of game set mechanics.

Always bugged me that this was possible on emulator servers. Didnt seem classic to me. Level 1 with epic? camaaan

Good change guys. Thanks.

For the rogue epic, level 4 is the lowest you could be after deleveling a few levels when you dinged 7 for the hand-in. Level 1 rogue with epic is hax.

Daldaen
09-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Eh, I don't see it as demoralizing for a new player. Realizing it's not going to be exactly like they remember sure.

But there are still trains in Blackburrow and Crushbone, still long corpse runs, stil begging for SoWs and ports etc. The things that made classic classic are still there when a level 1 player runs upon a level 2 cleric twink with an epic. You just realize the players here have a lot more knowledge and a lot more time to end up investing their time or money into an epic on a level 1.

Similar to how many will feel when they get to raiding level and they realize almost all mobs die within 15minutes of spawning save a few (Sont, Yelinak, Vyemm, Tunare)

Laugher
09-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Pras The Vision™

mattydef
09-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Bad decision to put level requirements on epics, not classic and will screw over a big chunk of the server. Want to stop the MQs? Adjust the turn in requirement like stated before.

jaybone
09-01-2015, 02:47 PM
You know the people who are going to be screwed over ? RMTers

mattydef
09-01-2015, 02:51 PM
That's a pretty ignorant comment. Yes, im sure there probably are people who use real money to buy an epic, but there are far more who don't. Should we start putting level requirements on items like cloak of flames and fungi tunics as well? We all know only RMTers can afford those.

jaybone
09-01-2015, 02:55 PM
That's a pretty ignorant comment. Yes, im sure there probably are people who use real money to buy an epic, but there are far more who don't. Should we start putting level requirements on items like cloak of flames and fungi tunics as well? We all know only RMTers can afford those.

Confirmed rmter here guys.

mattydef
09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Another ignorant comment. Confirmed moron here guys.

Grubbz
09-01-2015, 03:02 PM
This is the most unclassic change i have ever seen. 2/4 the epics could of always been done pre 46, 1/4 of them needed planes access and the other 1/4 required a 46 or 51 level check (beastlords being of the few classes which had a level check on an epic npc).
I love how people say "not classic" but yet changes like this are "great and welcomed". Lol thanks, p99 is now a custom content server.

fishingme
09-01-2015, 03:30 PM
I think this link explains what the original creator of EQ thought about MQs. Also because of his response MQs were not widely done as they are here. In my opinion the ability of MQing borders between a flaw in the game and exploiting.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130261&highlight=brad

Grimmisch
09-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Endless hours of porting May-June this year to be able to afford my first and only Epic MQ. 30k for a lvl 34 Main (porter) is a hell lot of money..
I understand the reason .. but for me personally it really sucks, because it was a totally waste of time.

Sad day for me.. I guess im out, GL all.

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon

SamwiseRed
09-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Endless hours of porting May-June this year to be able to afford my first and only Epic MQ. 30k for a lvl 34 Main (porter) is a hell lot of money..
I understand the reason .. but for me personally it really sucks, because it was a totally waste of time.

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon

2 months to make 30k

yiKes

Grimmisch
09-01-2015, 04:14 PM
quality comment :)

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Did the developers take into account how many players have invested countless hours of farming into the current iteration of epics, and how wildly popular some epic twinks are on Blue 1999 especially?

Item requirements are not classic, and this will have an extremely negative impact on the gameplay of people who spent and invested their time into the existing system for the past several years/months and were enjoying the classic fruit of their labor. Many of which are not 46+ yet and are still leveling.

On these grounds, I'd urge scrapping the item requirement change and favor a 46+ turn-in requirement change. Grandfathering in those who have already invested hard playing time into the current system to earn their epic. This is the most fair way to go about it, is it not nilbog?

I can't help but feel this is more than gung-ho with very little regard for how many people have been investing time farming, trading, and buying and selling in order to afford their epic for their twink.

Anyone care to comment on the time people have invested for many months/years under the current system to earn their epic? Hundreds of hours depending on the epic in question.

I see a lot of cheering and jeering, but no one addressing the real issues with a sudden abrupt non-classic change like this.

The player at the beginning of the thread mentioned quitting, hes one of many people who invested the time to earn his epic. There are more people who played Project 1999 the way it was meant to be played, than those casual players who are the vocal majority posting in this thread cheering the changes.

I feel the cheers are off-topic and even a little immature, as this is a discussion forum?

mattydef
09-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Population will be hovering around 1k when this change goes through, I'd once again rethink about how to handle this situation properly without screwing over a lot of people.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon

As a mature community member, I understand.

I feel many people are being pushed out by this non-classic change. Working hard and farming hundreds of hours to build and to twink your character is classic EQ gameplay. Most of us who play EQ play it to build our characters as best we can. This change goes against everything that classic EQ stands for.

I see a vocal extreme minority represented here in the forum, where the numerous silent majority of people playing EQ the way it was meant to be played and working hard in-game could potentially quit overnight as they lose hundreds of hours of work.

Staff decided to not even engage the community regarding this change, and is forcing it through ala "Announcements". Great.

jaybone
09-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Population will be hovering around 1k when this change goes through, I'd once again rethink about how to handle this situation properly without screwing over a lot of people.

You are really dumb

mattydef
09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
You are really dumb
You're still here? I thought you crawled back to your cave after your last retarded comments.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 04:36 PM

The only thing we can do is pressure staff to address the critical core issues surrounding this change and the inevitable fallout that the change could cause if it goes in "As Announced" condition without any further discussion.

I see mostly toxic forum trolls are dictating the discussion here and that is why I came to post, in an attempt to have a debate and discussion on the potential impact of this change.

I may create a separate thread with the concerns outlined in more detail. But this forum disgusts me, yet again, as all I see are trolls and anti-social casual players dictating feedback and jeering at the staff.

Yet again. Hopefully we can have some type of discussion about this change with staff involved, but I am not holding my breath. Trolls posting pictures, jerking off in a sock, and waving middle fingers, as usual. Rants and Flames type of posting.

Is there really no moderation at all on the Project 1999 forums? These are the types of posts I would expect in Rants and Flames for gods sake.

Disgusted.

Droog007
09-01-2015, 05:09 PM
I remember there being a level requirement to talk to Telin Darkforest which pushed me to level my druid more. Even though I just wanted to talk to him it pushed me to level. Thats classic to me.

IIRC, Telin would not respond to Hails or keywords until you were a certain level - but I think it was eventually discovered that he would accept the item(s) anyway, and give you the right stuff back.

Anecdotal, of course .... but server staff walks a fine line between classic accuracy and "spirit" of classic EQ.

Rararboker
09-01-2015, 05:14 PM
There is no reason to get so worked up over it. The staff explained their reasoning and even mentioned they have been waiting for an alternate option for over two years.

Persoanlly I'd like to see the final turn in on all epic quest get a lvl check for at least lvl 46 as an alternative. But I'm not going to threaten to quit over it. I'll just get PL's to 46. And while I know a lot of people can't do that, there is still leveling the normal way. It goes pretty quick with a good duo/trio.

When I get home later I'll look up all the epic quest and make suggestions on which hand in should have a lvl check. See how that is felt by the staff.

Also, When can we get berzerkers? I like playing dps but I also like being an ogre. No option for that combo until that class is added.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 05:22 PM
When I get home later I'll look up all the epic quest and make suggestions on which hand in should have a lvl check. See how that is felt by the staff.

They want to add an item-level requirement ala Luclin Era restriction to epics. So you cannot equip the epic before 46, even if you farmed and worked hard for thousands of hours to earn your twink his epic.

Maybe you missed that part. Nobody is saying 46+ to do the turn-in is wrong.

We are saying THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE INVESTED TIME INTO THE CURRENT SYSTEM AND SAVED PLATINUM AND FARMED FOR MONTHS/YEARS TO EARN THEIR EPIC HAVE WASTED THEIR TIME BECAUSE THEIR ITEM WON'T BE ABLE TO BE EQUIPPED AFTER THIS CHANGE GOES LIVE.

THE ITEM RESTRICTION IS WHERE THE CORE ARGUMENT SHOULD BE. CHANGING TO 46+ DOES NOT AFFECT AS MUCH AS TAKING ITEMS AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO ALREADY EARNED THEM.

PEOPLE EARNED THEIR ITEMS AND THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE THEM AWAY.

Does that make sense now why people are upset? Yeesh nobody cares about the 46+ turn-in change. Its the item restriction that is causing hard-earned leveling twinks to LOSE THEIR ITEM THAT THEY PUT THE TIME IN FOR.

How are people not getting this?

woad
09-01-2015, 05:26 PM
I am so shocked by how many people are praising this change ! first of all earning 25 to 100k takes a lot of dedication and farming . you have to kill , sell and trade your wares and then kill some more and then hope to find someone actually selling the epic parts you need . some require raid forces some don't . its just as epic as the epic IMHO! especially if you are not guilded !
the reason people buy these items for their twinks is because they are the best items available , you think people will quit twinking? NO! they are going to start paying 500k for frostreaver and willsapper loot rights and believe in 5 years of the same expansion that stuff will ROT OFTEN .
IMHO if you want to take MQ's out or make the level reqs 46 or whatever fine but don't punish those who have already put in the work to earn these items . there should be some grandfathered thing where those who have already gotten the quest finished can still equip .
and as far as the RMT fix they will prolly just go full blown into power leveling so all the noob zones will be bard swarmed to death .
but while we are making drastic changes I say we go ahead and make fungi tunics level restricted too since its by far the most USEFUL of all items to any class who can equip far greater than any epic at low levels .

Rararboker
09-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Azzar, you should read instead of rage. There is no lvl check for the turn ins. They are only adding lvl requirements to the items. Which is why I'm saying they shouldnt add lvl requirements to the items. Doing that stops everyone in the future as well as people who did this in the past. People who couldn't have known this was going to happen. L2Read

Haynar
09-01-2015, 05:35 PM
They want to add an item-level requirement ala Luclin Era restriction to epics. So you cannot equip the epic before 46, even if you farmed and worked hard for thousands of hours to earn your twink his epic.

We are saying THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE INVESTED TIME INTO THE CURRENT SYSTEM AND SAVED PLATINUM AND FARMED FOR MONTHS/YEARS TO EARN THEIR EPIC HAVE WASTED THEIR TIME BECAUSE THEIR ITEM WON'T BE ABLE TO BE EQUIPPED AFTER THIS CHANGE GOES LIVE.

THE ITEM RESTRICTION IS WHERE THE CORE ARGUMENT SHOULD BE. CHANGING TO 46+ DOES NOT AFFECT AS MUCH AS TAKING ITEMS AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO ALREADY EARNED THEM.

Does that make sense now why people are upset? Yeesh nobody cares about the 46+ turn-in change. Its the item restriction that is causing hard-earned leveling twinks to LOSE THEIR ITEM THAT THEY PUT THE TIME IN FOR.

Our sandbox. Get over it. Its happening.

If it ruins your fun ganking lowbies, the door is that way. ==>

Telron
09-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Ha ha ha to the twink rogues who paid to pk newbs in cloth lol.

Rararboker
09-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Gotta say, this sucks from a blue99 perspective. But it makes me way more interested in red99 again. Getting chased by that stupid epic ranger in unrest was annoying even if he couldn't snare or root me.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 05:41 PM

Whats wrong with adding the 46+ item restriction to red99 and leaving blue alone?

Can we get a comment on a possible reasonable compromise instead? Its the levelers on blue this change is affecting the most.

That is why people are upset. Nobody cares about your handful of 3-5 degenerate gankers on red99 that are forcing this change. BAN THE GRIEFERS ITS AGAINST THE PNP CLEARLY IN THE RULES.

Add a restriction to red somehow to preserve the classic Project 1999 twinking. Or just ban the griefing scumbags, as there are already rules in place which state that griefing is a bannable offense. Whatever it takes to leave Blue alone.

The door is that way? How about just looking at whats been done in the past when Red99 has become a problem, which is SERVER SPECIFIC GAMEPLAY MODIFICATIONS.

Gustoo
09-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Cool now with this change we are all ready for item loot implementation either on this server or preferably on the next server. Thanks staff.

Haynar
09-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Can anyone give me a reason, other than leveling faster, why not having an epic at low levels is game breaking? Help me understand this. Really.

I can see the red ganking noobs. But what else is there that makes having an epic at low levels important?

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Why can't existing epics be grandfathered in? If you insist on a 46+ item restriction change even for the Blue server.

This 46+ item restriction change should at least grandfather in the existing Blue epics, as people have already invested a lot of time into the current system.

Everyone could live with that, then nobody will have wasted any gameplay hours into earning something that is no longer usable.

wormed
09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
SAVED PLATINUM AND FARMED FOR MONTHS/YEARS TO EARN THEIR EPIC

Sorry, you didn't earn your epic. You bought it. Very different. Whether you want to believe you farmed hard for years (lol) to buy an epic is a load of shit. Get your character to 46.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 05:58 PM
^ Troll, off topic, and toxic comment. Not respecting peoples time and effort put into earning their epic.

Grandfathering existing epics is a reasonable accommodation I would think, but based on the above post from guys like "wormed", maybe reasonable is becoming a rare resource around here.

woad
09-01-2015, 05:59 PM
@Haynar ,
not having one is not that big of a deal . its the taking away from those of us that do have them that I find wrong and what difference does having a ragebringer instead of a horn of hsagra at level 5 make ? not a whole lot so whats the big deal? the Problem is that People exploit the epic process for SELF GAINS and this I do not agree with .
let me also stress again that just having an epic at level 5 or 20 doesn't really matter I don't think its just that people will always seek out the BEST item available to twink with. that's how this works .... we play for pixels and community and we want the BEST of both .

woad
09-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Sorry, you didn't earn your epic. You bought it. Very different. Whether you want to believe you farmed hard for years (lol) to buy an epic is a load of shit. Get your character to 46.

getting level 46 takes like a few hours in bard group in OT . if he earned the coin and was able to purchase some or all of his epic id say he damn well earned it . id like to remind people that solo casual folks are not always able to get epics via no guild help. so maybe this was the only way he could have gotten it as well .

maestrom
09-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Can anyone give me a reason, other than leveling faster, why not having an epic at low levels is game breaking? Help me understand this. Really.

I can see the red ganking noobs. But what else is there that makes having an epic at low levels important?

I appreciate the willingness to participate in the conversation :P

It's not gamebreaking to not have an epic at low levels. I'm not really bothered by the change itself because I've never had an epic on this server in my 5 years of playing here.

What does concern me is the reasoning. There were lots of ways to get epics at low levels back in classic. They just weren't commonly used (or used at all) because in the long history of EQ, classic was a VERY short period and the vast majority of people who played during that window had no idea what they were doing.

An example. AoW never(ultra rarely?) died legitimately during Velious. Pretty sure he died day 2 of Velious here. The mechanics used to kill AoW were available back in classic. But they weren't used perfectly like they have been here. The spirit of classic would dictate that some un-classic changes be made to the encounter to ensure that AoW either cannot die practically will not die until custom content comes out.

The server is either classic, or its not. If you're aiming for classic, I would argue that there needs to be some kind of compelling in-game reason to make a non-classic change, like level requirements on epics. Compelling reason like the nerf on Ivandyr's Hoop. That actually was game breaking and needed to be fixed even if it wasn't classic to do so.

So is not having an epic at level 1 game breaking? No. Of course not. But is having an epic at level 1 game breaking? Not any more than having any other very powerful droppable loot at level 1. Epics aren't even BIS twink gear anymore for some classes. The absence of a "game breaker" compelling reason here should indicate that a non-classic change is not really appropriate.

Is this a giant change? Probably not. Not likely to affect a ton of people. Just seems like its going to ruffle more feathers than its worth. Doesn't make the game more classic and really hurts some people.

All that being said. Yep, its your sandbox. I'm just happy to be here. :)

Edit: Added some examples. The following language was not in the original post. "Compelling reason like the nerf on Ivandyr's Hoop. That actually was game breaking and needed to be fixed even if it wasn't classic to do so." and "The absence of a "game breaker" compelling reason here should indicate that a non-classic change is not really appropriate."

woad
09-01-2015, 06:09 PM
I appreciate the willingness to participate in the conversation :P

It's not gamebreaking to not have an epic at low levels. I'm not really bothered by the change itself because I've never had an epic on this server in my 5 years of playing here.

What does concern me is the reasoning. There were lots of ways to get epics at low levels back in classic. They just weren't commonly used (or used at all) because in the long history of EQ, classic was a VERY short period and the vast majority of people who played during that window had no idea what they were doing.

An example. AoW never(ultra rarely?) died legitimately during Velious. Pretty sure he died day 2 of Velious here. The mechanics used to kill AoW were available back in classic. But they weren't used perfectly like they have been here. The spirit of classic would dictate that some un-classic changes be made to the encounter to ensure that AoW either cannot die practically will not die until custom content comes out.

The server is either classic, or its not. If you're aiming for classic, I would argue that there needs to be some kind of compelling in-game reason to make a non-classic change, like level requirements on epics.

So is not having an epic at level 1 game breaking? No. Of course not. But is having an epic at level 1 game breaking? Not any more than having any other very powerful droppable loot at level 1. Epics aren't even BIS twink gear anymore for some classes.

Is this a giant change? Probably not. Not likely to affect a ton of people. Just seems like its going to ruffle more feathers than its worth. Doesn't make the game more classic and really hurts some people.

All that being said. Yep, its your sandbox. I'm just happy to be here. :)

totally agree

Kender
09-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I am so shocked by how many people are praising this change ! first of all earning 25 to 100k takes a lot of dedication and farming . you have to kill , sell and trade your wares and then kill some more and then hope to find someone actually selling the epic parts you need . some require raid forces some don't . its just as epic as the epic IMHO! especially if you are not guilded !
the reason people buy these items for their twinks is because they are the best items available , you think people will quit twinking? NO! they are going to start paying 500k for frostreaver and willsapper loot rights and believe in 5 years of the same expansion that stuff will ROT OFTEN .
IMHO if you want to take MQ's out or make the level reqs 46 or whatever fine but don't punish those who have already put in the work to earn these items . there should be some grandfathered thing where those who have already gotten the quest finished can still equip .
and as far as the RMT fix they will prolly just go full blown into power leveling so all the noob zones will be bard swarmed to death .
but while we are making drastic changes I say we go ahead and make fungi tunics level restricted too since its by far the most USEFUL of all items to any class who can equip far greater than any epic at low levels .

you and others like you have totally missed the point

many epics coudlnt be completed until you were a certain level. the quest giver simply wouldnt talk to you or accept the items. Even the rogue epic has an NPC that wont talk to anyone below level 50 and that's the easiest to complete

IMO epic MQ's should be removed entirely so that people legitimately trying to do their quest dont get blocked out by farmers

wormed
09-01-2015, 06:20 PM
^ Troll, off topic, and toxic comment. Not respecting peoples time and effort put into earning their epic.

Grandfathering existing epics is a reasonable accommodation I would think, but based on the above post from guys like "wormed", maybe reasonable is becoming a rare resource around here.

:rolleyes:

Or, "AzzarTheGod", just level to 46 and stop being a whiney bitch?

Mojo24
09-01-2015, 06:45 PM
:rolleyes:

Or, "AzzarTheGod", just level to 46 and stop being a whiney bitch?

Lol this, he's probaby wants the grandfather rule in to stockpile on level 1 rogues with epics to rmt. No other reason to fight so hard for it.

Level 46 is VERY easy to get to.

Thulghor
09-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Doing restrictions/patches based off of original developer intent now? When's that Soulfire nerf coming?

Grubbz
09-01-2015, 06:57 PM
you and others like you have totally missed the point

many epics coudlnt be completed until you were a certain level. the quest giver simply wouldnt talk to you or accept the items. Even the rogue epic has an NPC that wont talk to anyone below level 50 and that's the easiest to complete

IMO epic MQ's should be removed entirely so that people legitimately trying to do their quest dont get blocked out by farmers

WRONG - No epic quest NPC before luclin came out had a min level req and if you disagree with this you have never truly played eq back in its heyday.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 07:01 PM
WRONG - No epic quest NPC before luclin came out had a min level req and if you disagree with this you have never truly played eq back in its heyday.

This. Kender is simply incorrect. A FEW EPICS had a level 50 CHAT restriction I believe on the NPC conversation. THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TURN-IN WORKING, AS WE FOUND OUT ONCE THE QUESTS WERE SOLVED. MANY QUESTS HAD NON-TRIGGERED DIALOGUE THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE.

Only 2-3 classes epic quests had a meaningful "Hail" restriction that prevented anyone below 50 from triggering the dialogue to cause a despawn/repop/pop. Etc. that I can recall. If you wanted to make it classic you would need to do forum archive research and learn which NPCs/epics were impacted by the sub-50 "Hail"/chat/dialogue restriction.

The majority of epics were not affected by the level 50 chat/hail restriction because the dialogue was discovered to be meaningless unless triggers/depops based on DIALOGUE were necessary.

You obviously didn't play 1999-2001 era. As previously mentioned in the thread, people recall Telin Darkforest not responding in classic, but he would accept the items anyway as it didn't require dialogue to depop/trigger anything. He took the items no problem.

Grubbz
09-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Only 2-3 classes epic quests had a meaningful "Hail" restriction that prevented anyone below 50 from triggering the dialogue to cause a despawn/repop/pop. Etc. that I can recall. If you wanted to make it classic you would need to do forum archive research and learn which NPCs/epics were impacted by the sub-50 "Hail"/chat/dialogue restriction.

You obviously didn't play 1999-2001 era.

Pretty sure the beastlords epic quest started the whole min level to spawn epic mob (you couldn't spawn the spirits prior to 51, if i recall correctly) or hand in items.

Daldaen
09-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Doing restrictions/patches based off of original developer intent now? When's that Soulfire nerf coming?

This.

Though I tend to agree with the caps lock warriors. I agree NPCs had talking level restrictions, however they accepted items just fine. I know for a fact completed cleric, warrior, ranger, bard, and maybe wizard epics pre-50/46 on live. Obviously this was out of era, but classic/Kunark quests weren't too sophisticated in their requirements. Basically they should just check a faction level.

Class, race, level, flags/keys were eventually checks added to quests in EQ but not until later on. The first quests I can think of that ate your items if you were too low level were the PoGrowth ones in Velious, which required level 55.

In the grand scheme of things this change isn't a big deal. Just means I'll have to PL my alts a bit before I want to solo a bunch on them. But I think this is a subtle attempt to reduce Epic MQ sales to reduce the RMTers claiming they were selling epic MQs etc. Which is a good thing in my books. I just hope they don't remove MQing because that is classic as classic gets and helps players complete epics. I don't know if we would've completed half the SK or Mage epics we had if we couldn't have looted pieces and MQ'd them to deserving mains afterwards.

Haynar
09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
I used to PL 0-45 in 4 hrs. Not that big a deal.

H

Rararboker
09-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Since this was posted I've gone from 22 to 27. Only 19 more to go!

maestrom
09-01-2015, 07:21 PM
I think most telling is, in my research, there isn't any indication of SOE ever removing any of the alleged restrictions of characters having epics pre 46.

I imagine if SOE had removed whatever mechanic people think existed that prevented a level 45 from completing an epic, there would have been a post to the effect of "LOL I CAN LEVEL 1 EPIC ROGUE NOW", which there isn't.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 07:27 PM

H

Doing a SQL database sort and mod to flag all existing epics to grandfather them in, also is not that big of a deal.

The functionality to do something like this already exists, if not from one side, then from the other side ala Circlet of Shadows, Pre-nerf fungi staff, etc. so not sure why this would remain off the table?

Haynar
09-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Doing a SQL database sort and mod to flag all existing epics to grandfather them in, also is not that big of a deal.

The functionality to do something like this already exists, if not from one side, then from the other side ala Circlet of Shadows, Pre-nerf fungi staff, etc. so not sure why this would remain off the table?

So is doing an sql query of epics and when levels were achieved. Delete all epics attained before 46. And require min level of 46 to attain.

I can see epic with fungi, would make rapid solo exp. With no need to group.

Maybe they should require you to group in grouos of 3 or more to get exp? That would help force ppl to group more!

H

pasi
09-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Not classic, but good change.

Donton
09-01-2015, 08:21 PM

A.) How mad are you?

B.) Nobody cares that you can't wield your epic for the 5 days its takes to get from 1-46 on a twinked toon.

C.) How are you not getting this?

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 08:22 PM
So is doing an sql query of epics and when levels were achieved. Delete all epics attained before 46. And require min level of 46 to attain.

I can see epic with fungi, would make rapid solo exp. With no need to group.

Maybe they should require you to group in grouos of 3 or more to get exp? That would help force ppl to group more!

H

OK, Ill bite on this.

You seem to be implying this change doesn't affect a lot of people outside of an antisocial minority, you might even be implying most twinks are ill-gotten gains.

We both know that twinking is a major part of classic Everquest. Heck, its a major part of Everquest in general.

You know what forget it.... Just like in real life, a few criminals (RMTers) make all the rules and changes for the rest of us normal people to follow right??

"A few people ruin things for the majority all the time, deal with it"

Whatever. Not a progressive design decision. And the staffs total indifference that a few scumbags selling twink epics are going to ruin a classic experience for the entire community is harmful imo.

I thought of a new name for Project 1999, but afraid it will be construed as disrespecting staff so I will keep it to myself. Good day sir and thank you for all of the other good work, and for making this server possible in the first place.

AzzarTheGod
09-01-2015, 08:24 PM
A.) How mad are you?

B.) Nobody cares that you can't wield your epic for the 5 days its takes to get from 1-46 on a twinked toon.

C.) How are you not getting this?

So nobody should be able to dream and aspire to make an epic twink ever again ?

What reasoning do you have to crush the dreams and fun of having a twink of your own some day?

Southpaws
09-01-2015, 08:31 PM
So nobody should be able to dream and aspire to make an epic twink ever again ?

What reasoning do you have to crush the dreams and fun of having a twink of your own some day?

If your dream and aspiration is to have a level 1 with an epic equipped.....:confused:

Your acting like they added a level requirement to every item in the game, you can still completely twink out your character.

Ravager
09-01-2015, 09:32 PM

Personally, I think this game is way more fun when you use a Cracked Staff for 30 levels.

LoliPops
09-01-2015, 09:38 PM
really glad this change is happening only because AzzartehAnon is ultra butthurt

Itap
09-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Personally, I think this game is way more fun when you use a Cracked Staff for 30 levels.

My Druid used it for ~20 levels

Caladbolg
09-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Not classic, but good change.

Frudrura
09-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Honestly, if you are really twinked, it shouldn't take that long to get to 46 anyways.

Its just for cool points so you can walk around and let people be like WHOA BRO, you have your epic already?!!?

Kixx
09-02-2015, 01:00 AM
When did we turn into a Custom Content server? cool.

Kixx
09-02-2015, 01:01 AM
WTB Custom AA's, Custom Rules, 6 Boxing and Custom Spells while were at it!

Ulwyn
09-02-2015, 01:20 AM
This is good news, pretty funny too. Take that obsessive item corpsing farmers.

Messie
09-02-2015, 02:17 AM
WTB Custom AA's, Custom Rules, 6 Boxing and Custom Spells while were at it!

could you relax?

AzzarTheGod
09-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Honestly, if you are really twinked, it shouldn't take that long to get to 46 anyways.

Its just for cool points so you can walk around and let people be like WHOA BRO, you have your epic already?!!?

I love how weak the pro-nerf arguments are from the players. Just ready to accept a nonsensical item level requirement that hasn't existed for a couple of years because they have no aspiration themselves to create an epic twink. Bigotry anyone? You don't think people should be able to create epic twinks anymore, because you don't create twinks and only log on your level 60 <BDA> or <Assguard> for raids.

It just isn't making sense, but staff has no interest in shedding any light on the reasons behind the change.

"Deal with it". We're still trying to understand what exactly we are supposed to deal with, and for what reason?

"Level up faster loser". We level at the pace we level, this is not a legit debate point. Smacks of hardcore raid guild elitism, which is how most of the <Asgard> players came off.

"You don't need to buy an epic to have a nice twink weapon". Sure but it would be nice to aspire to great things with the BIS rewards and the ultimate min-max twink. Rerollers will roll many characters just to play an epic twink.

Yeah, lets remove the crown jewels of twinking just because some people camp epics and sell MQs to raid guild twinks like every other in-demand hot item in the game. :rolleyes:

kaev
09-02-2015, 02:32 AM

Same patch with any luck!

Pint
09-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Quite possibly the most delicious tears this box has ever tasted. Please nerf soulfire as well alrdy.

Pint
09-02-2015, 03:20 AM

H

Damn where the fuck do you pl at lol

newagemystic
09-02-2015, 04:09 AM
I remember guilds selling Vindi BPs for level 1 twink chars for a few hundred thousand plat. Funny that people are freaking out about losing low level epics now that they are old content items.

AzzarTheGod
09-02-2015, 04:53 AM
Quite possibly the most delicious tears this box has ever tasted. Please nerf soulfire as well alrdy.

Changes that negatively affect the uberguilds and level 60 raid game seem to be very unpopular with the decision-makers on the staff.

I'm calling it now you'll never see a soulfire nerf. Keep bringing it up for vote though and discussing it.

A change that makes a popular classic twink item unequippable that people have already invested hard time and effort into obtaining for several years now, well, they seem to be all over that.

Hmm, wonder what these two examples have and do not have in common. Beats me.

Fanguru
09-02-2015, 06:13 AM
People buying epics will invest in something else, like another good weapon and a haste item for rogues. It will be less easy to overpower the content in a normal group content, oh noes!

Those affected the most will be people who make plat from selling epics. This and Chardok AoE made the economy very unclassic.
Now if we could just make it so only a 46+ cleric without epic could spawn Ragefire, and do it once only per toon... /dream

am0n
09-02-2015, 07:39 AM
quality comment :)

I just have to ask; if you were willing to spend 2 months grinding out 30k... why not spend two weeks getting to level 46 and then being able to use it again?

Edit: And this is a super serious question. You said you are already level 34. That's only 12 levels left to go. In two weeks you could be level 46 with probably just a couple hours a day on average playing. Easily significantly less time than you spent porting people to earn 30k.

EQNoob
09-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Damn, I've been slacking. Guess I should level my monk and shaman.

Viscian
09-02-2015, 09:11 AM

It is your sandbox. However, it's here for our enjoyment also and you keep making unclassic changes there won't be anyone playing in your sandbox.

Item level equip requirements did not get introduced until Luclin. Anyone that played Pre-Luclin will agree to this. You could do MQ quest without level requirements on certain epics. i.e in Velious my 44 cleric was MQed his epic. Some hailing of epic npcs was not needed.

Even the level requirements on some weapons could still be equipped and used. It was just the weapon damage was dumbed down to your level. As you leveled your weapon got stronger with you.

The problem with this server is this. The time between Kunark and Velious was not 5 years. By this time in live moon cats and froglok warriors were a thing.

As far as ganking lowbies on Red99. Start enforcing the policy in place and suspend/perma-ban the asshat griefers.

Then the all time go to argument/reason seen here.. But it will stop RMT'ing. No it won't. By the time you finish trying to completely rid this server of RMT this will be your server. Every piece of droppable armor, weapons would have to become No-drop. Any new IP's logged into the account get suspended until the owner can produce his/her ID and proof he/she is the original owner.

You want a truly amazing classic server. Either completely wipe both servers or start fresh server. With Velious finished you can now follow the time line ( and not have 5 years of stagnant same dragon killing ) This is truly what created ALL your problems. The players had nothing better to do but bitch and moan with each other. Take out all the non-classic changes implemented to this server due to the content taking so long to be released. Then during the Velious time line when Luclin should be released, then either open another server which follows the time line and merge at the Luclin expansion or create the classically inspired content.

jaybone
09-02-2015, 09:23 AM
It is your sandbox. However, it's here for our enjoyment also and you keep making unclassic changes there won't be anyone playing in your sandbox.

Item level equip requirements did not get introduced until Luclin. Anyone that played Pre-Luclin will agree to this. You could do MQ quest without level requirements on certain epics. i.e in Velious my 44 cleric was MQed his epic. Some hailing of epic npcs was not needed.

Even the level requirements on some weapons could still be equipped and used. It was just the weapon damage was dumbed down to your level. As you leveled your weapon got stronger with you.

The problem with this server is this. The time between Kunark and Velious was not 5 years. By this time in live moon cats and froglok warriors were a thing.

As far as ganking lowbies on Red99. Start enforcing the policy in place and suspend/perma-ban the asshat griefers.

Then the all time go to argument/reason seen here.. But it will stop RMT'ing. No it won't. By the time you finish trying to completely rid this server of RMT this will be your server. Every piece of droppable armor, weapons would have to become No-drop. Any new IP's logged into the account get suspended until the owner can produce his/her ID and proof he/she is the original owner.

You sound like a mad RMTer .

Haynar
09-02-2015, 09:51 AM
You sound like a mad RMTer .

Funny. That was what I was beginning to think. Epics at low levels are probably popular. From a seller and buyers perspective.

H

Tiewon Shu
09-02-2015, 10:01 AM
I think a better solution would be this:

1. Remove the level requirement from the item and make the quest 46+.

2. Diable MQ for epic quests.

3. All epics weapons received pre-level 46 will be removed from the player's inventory and replaced with the all the item turn ins needed to do the epic quest.

4. Player can then do epic quest at 46 as intended.

Ashenden
09-02-2015, 10:03 AM
However, it's here for our enjoyment also

Nope.

you keep making unclassic changes there won't be anyone playing

Haha.

maestrom
09-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Funny. That was what I was beginning to think. Epics at low levels are probably popular. From a seller and buyers perspective.

H

I don't mean to be a pest about this. But the common solution thrown around on here is to buy a PL to 46 and MQ your epic then. 4-5 hours to 46? That hardly seems like a desirable solution if you believe that there is value in playing through the 1-46 game to learn your class (even with an epic).

It seems like if curbing RMT was really a goal of this solution, all this would do is force those who want to RMT an epic would also RMT PL service to 46, or, worse, RMT would just start selling accounts with the desired character.

I guess I'm just not really understanding the meta goal that disallowing pre-46 epics is trying to accomplish. It seems like a non-classic change with minimal benefit.

Edit: My concern stems from earlier stated goals of the server. The idea behind no boxing and no RMT is that the server is here for people who actually want to play the game. If this is a strong motivator for the game, then wouldn't we want to disincentivize skipping large sections of the game? Even a fully twinked out epic rogue will find that grouping is more efficient than soloing. Forcing people to level to 46 before they can twink with an epic may increase PL activity, which doesn't seem to go along with this goal of increasing the amount of characters controlled by people that play the game.

sambal
09-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks Nilbog, this is huge! I will start playing again!

DeathByCactus
09-02-2015, 11:32 AM
This is something that should of been done years ago. Like at Kunark launch. Doing it now is like bringing a birthday cake to your child 6 months after his birthday. Pointless really.

Especially considering the severe lack of new players Velious has brought in. Kind of an annoying situation after having spent the money a few years back to stay competitive (rogue) and taking a break. Also, I don't know what research anyone is referring to, or what has or has not been forgotten due to excessive drug use... But there were plenty of cleric and rogue epic MQ's in live. Just a bit harder to spot due to, you know, more players.

nyclin
09-02-2015, 11:36 AM
moaning aside, i am kind of curious as to the logic behind this change. is this intended to curb petitions regarding people farming epic MQs? or is this an RMT thing?

epics were definitely obtainable pre-46 on live except for mages. i had a couple friends that had ragebringers on their lowbie rogues.. but good luck finding the evidence to support that.

Ranndom
09-02-2015, 11:39 AM
So if I read this right, epics are having lvl 46 requirements added to the equipping of the items. The quest can still be completed via MQ at sub-46 levels?

Sounds like it. So id say yea you can still park level 5 warriors in EC with lightsabers.

fishingme
09-02-2015, 11:43 AM
I love how weak the pro-nerf arguments are from the players. Just ready to accept a nonsensical item level requirement that hasn't existed for a couple of years because they have no aspiration themselves to create an epic twink. Bigotry anyone? You don't think people should be able to create epic twinks anymore, because you don't create twinks and only log on your level 60 <BDA> or <Assguard> for raids.

It just isn't making sense, but staff has no interest in shedding any light on the reasons behind the change.

"Deal with it". We're still trying to understand what exactly we are supposed to deal with, and for what reason?

"Level up faster loser". We level at the pace we level, this is not a legit debate point. Smacks of hardcore raid guild elitism, which is how most of the <Asgard> players came off.

"You don't need to buy an epic to have a nice twink weapon". Sure but it would be nice to aspire to great things with the BIS rewards and the ultimate min-max twink. Rerollers will roll many characters just to play an epic twink.

Yeah, lets remove the crown jewels of twinking just because some people camp epics and sell MQs to raid guild twinks like every other in-demand hot item in the game. :rolleyes:

Dude, stop being a little bitch. This isn't your server, you've told your peace now, people gave you suggestions. Now move on.

And seriously, read this, and everyone who doesn't like this change should also read this.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=brad

Tiewon Shu
09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Bring back Luclin models! Wooooweeeee!!!

Villide
09-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Heh. Pretty sure I've been seeing similar comments since the day this server opened.

Xadion
09-02-2015, 01:12 PM
I know for a fact, not that this will change anything... however... in regards to the SK epic.

While there are many level stop-gaps and innate difficulty with the SK epic itself- the fact that it was *for a time* a looted item, levels 1's did and could have an SK epic while the proc was still of higher level req.

I would say it should be moved to the "coin" era and flow of quest... although I like from a lore perspective the original process of him dropping it as a loot item, and every SK should feel that LONG timer count down to being able to loot if they didn't get the exp kill haha!

criddopher
09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
good stuff!

dillweed
09-02-2015, 03:41 PM
LOL

AzzarTheGod
09-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks Nilbog, this is huge! I will start playing again!

Aye and it is the changes that people were waiting for after all. After careful consideration last night I changed my position.

This is sure to bring a lot of people back now that nobody will be able to roll an epic twink :)

Bring on more wacko bird non-classic changes and the box is gonna be booming with life. "This formula is gonna rock" - Brad McQuaid.

Grimmisch
09-02-2015, 05:22 PM
I just have to ask; if you were willing to spend 2 months grinding out 30k... why not spend two weeks getting to level 46 and then being able to use it again?

Edit: And this is a super serious question. You said you are already level 34. That's only 12 levels left to go. In two weeks you could be level 46 with probably just a couple hours a day on average playing. Easily significantly less time than you spent porting people to earn 30k.

My playtime is like 2-3 hours in the evening max. .. and like 2-3 days a week for some group exp.. with family and stuff i cannot be online all evening/night. Often I cannot play for a few days..

My wizard is lvl 34, but my epiced rogue is lvl 22 atm, so it would be 24 more to go.
If i get a group for 2 hours .. not sure, but its like 1/3 or 1/2 a lvl atm? Prolly more... but I dont think 2 weeks will be feasible.
I dont know how you going for 0-45 in a few hours or days .. I dont know peeps that could help me out and I dont have the cash to buy this kind of service.

I got my epic end of July this year and stripped some stuff off my wizard to grab the last needed cash (like gebs and froglok BRobe) to reach the 30k.

Like I said, I absolutely understand the reasons, but for me personally the information is 1 month too late.. as I could have spend my money to ugrade other stuff.

But thats how it is .. so pretty much really bad timing ;)

jaybone
09-02-2015, 05:43 PM
My playtime is like 2-3 hours in the evening max. .. and like 2-3 days a week for some group exp.. with family and stuff i cannot be online all evening/night. Often I cannot play for a few days..

My wizard is lvl 34, but my epiced rogue is lvl 22 atm, so it would be 24 more to go.
If i get a group for 2 hours .. not sure, but its like 1/3 or 1/2 a lvl atm? Prolly more... but I dont think 2 weeks will be feasible.
I dont know how you going for 0-45 in a few hours or days .. I dont know peeps that could help me out and I dont have the cash to buy this kind of service.

I got my epic end of July this year and stripped some stuff off my wizard to grab the last needed cash (like gebs and froglok BRobe) to reach the 30k.

Like I said, I absolutely understand the reasons, but for me personally the information is 1 month too late.. as I could have spend my money to ugrade other stuff.

Paging Braknar, RMTer alert.

Grimmisch
09-02-2015, 05:52 PM
I love you m8 :)

pharmakos
09-02-2015, 05:52 PM
what's rogue epic MQ going to cost after this? 5k?

fishingme
09-02-2015, 06:12 PM

Simple, learn your class. Figure out where you can level. There's that one mechanic where you're able to get in backstabs while fighting a mob head on (search up how to do it in the forums), and there's also fear kiting. Find someone to duo with, shammy or necro. Fear kite or slow/root with a shammy duo.

Eliseus
09-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Just a question that peaked my interests, but this is obviously not classic, with a future server one day hoping to be in line with the proper timeline will changes like this be in from when epics become available or will it hit a certain point into velious?

I'm all for a better health of a server, this imo is genuinely a good change, and I welcome future changes.

Bruuce
09-03-2015, 12:33 AM
I twinked a sub 20 cleric on live with epic
bard epic min was lvl 51
p sure dru and nec was 51 as well
bst was like min lvl 26 but that doesnt matter

server not classic

PDX0621
09-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Since I've unofficially retired, it's definitely fun to poke my head back in every now and then and watch all of the people who cheered the removal of the Luclin models (my reason for quitting) and gave me and many others a bad time about it wine and cry about the removal of epic mq's, buff duration timers, dot damage, or whatever their favorite pet game function is/was. I'm not gonna lie when I say that it fills me with an odd sense of satisfaction.

Carry on.

Rararboker
09-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Who cheered for luclin model removal but is in here complaining about this?

PDX0621
09-03-2015, 01:59 AM

More of just the general mentality. Few weeks back, it was all, "yeah! Classic! take em down! Alright! High five!" when it was the removal of something they didn't like or care for. Now it's "Bullsh!t, I quit! Not classic! How could you!" etc etc for the removal or change of something they DO care about. The irony is palpable.

Rararboker
09-03-2015, 03:09 AM
There would be irony if your statement was true. I don't see any of the same faces in here. But then again I'm not looking *too* closely.

Teadar
09-03-2015, 06:24 AM
what will happen when i equip my lev 1 rogue with a epic now and the epic nerf will hit.......cant i reequip the epic because its 46+ when i die ?

any clue ?

Kutsumo
09-03-2015, 09:34 AM
what will happen when i equip my lev 1 rogue with a epic now and the epic nerf will hit.......cant i reequip the epic because its 46+ when i die ?

any clue ?

Haynar mentioned early in the thread that current code makes it like the weapon isn't equipped if you don't meet the level requirement.

DeathByCactus
09-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Simple, learn your class. Figure out where you can level. There's that one mechanic where you're able to get in backstabs while fighting a mob head on (search up how to do it in the forums), and there's also fear kiting. Find someone to duo with, shammy or necro. Fear kite or slow/root with a shammy duo.

You didn't even read his post. Play time was his issue, not learning the class. Don't act like there is ANYTHING to learn about playing a rogue. Please don't. EQ has very little "learn your class" type complexities. This is a game released in 1997. This is not Eve.

Xadion
09-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Someone has not played a hybrid eh? A "good" Bard, SK, Pal or Ranger is way different than a "poor" one... now... autoattack smack BS rog... usually just gear v gear...

But I also have low play time, I soloed my 1-50 then 50-60 on my SK... took forever but it's doable. Also epics make leveling a rog faster but not possible v impossible- just X time vs. Y time... you can still wear fungis, haste belts and whatever other droppable weapons.

fishingme
09-03-2015, 10:32 AM
You didn't even read his post. Play time was his issue, not learning the class. Don't act like there is ANYTHING to learn about playing a rogue. Please don't. EQ has very little "learn your class" type complexities. This is a game released in 1997. This is not Eve.

9 hours a week is plenty to get from 24 to 46 in 1-2 weeks with a set 9 hours. There are game mechanics that help a rogue backstab while in solo 1v1 fights without using intimidate to fear kite it. Also, EQ was released in 1999, not 1997.

am0n
09-03-2015, 11:23 AM
9 hours a week is plenty to get from 24 to 46 in 1-2 weeks with a set 9 hours. There are game mechanics that help a rogue backstab while in solo 1v1 fights without using intimidate to fear kite it. Also, EQ was released in 1999, not 1997.

You claim that you can go from 24 to 46 in 9-18 hours of played time? Mind PMing with how you do this? I'm sure myself, and every other person I've grouped with for the last few weeks that is still in my level range would love to know.

fishingme
09-03-2015, 01:53 PM
You claim that you can go from 24 to 46 in 9-18 hours of played time? Mind PMing with how you do this? I'm sure myself, and every other person I've grouped with for the last few weeks that is still in my level range would love to know.

If you're an epic twink, sure. 24-33 solo/duo in sola, 33-40 solo/duo lguk BR, 40-44 yetis in DL, 40-46 Lguk/CoM. Avoid anything over a duo unless the class is a must, don't invite a hybrid.

edit: Sol A can take you to about 37/38 when you move to bartender area.

Tiewon Shu
09-03-2015, 02:21 PM

Like 90% of the community. Were you in cryo-sleep during that week?

maestrom
09-03-2015, 02:36 PM
How recently was the luclin model change?

I was also in cryo-sleep :P

Rararboker
09-03-2015, 03:30 PM

Please re-read and try again.

McBenz
09-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Good move, but about 4 years too late for the server.

Itap
09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
better late than never! P99 is one large beta

DeathByCactus
09-03-2015, 08:04 PM

Assuming everyone is like you and all about powerleveling to max as soon as they spawn in.

I don't really have a stake to comment further as I just found that comment ridiculously off the wall given the post. '99, '97, such a massive jump in gaming technology there :cool:.

They need to bring back spell timers now.

fishingme
09-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Assuming everyone is like you and all about powerleveling to max as soon as they spawn in.

I don't really have a stake to comment further as I just found that comment ridiculously off the wall given the post. '99, '97, such a massive jump in gaming technology there :cool:.

Well, the guy did ask how to get from 24-46 in a short amount of time. There's also no mention of powerleveling.

You found me correcting the guy on when the game came out, ridiculous? Okay, anyways, I'd say the pentium 3 was a good jump from the pentium 2, Then there's the geforce 256.

jcr4990
09-03-2015, 09:23 PM

H... got prof? What's your secret? Was this before the nerf to cap max xp per kill at 10% or whatever?

wormed
09-03-2015, 09:39 PM

2 years in computing is massive... even today.

Mojo24
09-04-2015, 06:56 AM
If you're an epic twink, sure. 24-33 solo/duo in sola, 33-40 solo/duo lguk BR, 40-44 yetis in DL, 40-46 Lguk/CoM. Avoid anything over a duo unless the class is a must, don't invite a hybrid.

edit: Sol A can take you to about 37/38 when you move to bartender area.

Sorry mate, you aren't gaining 22 levels in 18 hours. Unless it's a bard PL. And you're a pbae class, or have a friend that's a pbae thats to PL with you.

azeth
09-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Now we just need to disable epic MQing. Honestly surprised it was ever allowed in the first place considering we have a no boxing rule.

pretty epic false equivalency here.

azeth
09-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon

Perhaps level to 46.. and use... the.. epic

skorge
09-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Nilbog, I don't play P99 much lately but adding level requirements like this is a bad idea overall. You are killing what is left of the "classicness" out of the server. It wont' be before too long, some other group of people come along and capitalize on your downfalls.

My recommendation for this situation is to go ahead and put level requirements on turn ins instead of the actual item. This isn't classic as well but it preserves more of that classic feel than the other.

Hopefully you guys can get back on the right track on the server. IMO a new server needs to be opened soon so that all of the newer P99 folks can enjoy day one of a real classic blue server.

Tiewon Shu
09-04-2015, 12:17 PM

Please re-read and try again.

I read it just fine, but I can break it down for you because you probably did not understand what you wrote:

Who - a pronoun which means what or which person or people.
cheered - a verb that is defined as a shout for joy or in praise or encouragement.
for - a preposition used as a function word to indicate purpose.
luclin - An EQ Expansion
model - a noun referring to pixel avatars
removal - a noun defined as the action of taking away or abolishing something unwanted.

but - a conjunction used to introduce something contrasting with what has already been mentioned.

is - a verb that is the 3rd person singular present indicative of be.
in - a preposition used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits
here - an adverb meaning in this place or in this spot or locality
complaining - a verb to express dissatisfaction
about - a preposition meaning "concerning or "in regard to."
this? - a pronoun used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc.

So basically you asked who in the thread asked for luclin model removal and was also complaining about the topic at hand.

To which I replied:

Maybe someone needs to re-read and try again? Hmmm? Yes? Yes. This link may help you: Click Me! (http://www.amazon.com/First-Little-Readers-Parent-Pack/dp/0545231493/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441383270&sr=8-2&keywords=learn+to+read)

phacemeltar
09-04-2015, 12:34 PM
all these changes are irrelevant without a fresh server, but then there are a few more changes needed still

azeth
09-04-2015, 12:46 PM
all these changes are irrelevant without a fresh server, but then there are a few more changes needed still

One is in the works. I mean, what more can you ask for?

Bheart
09-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Luclin models > Not classic... so removed
Spell timers > Not classic... so removed

Epic twinks > Classic... but deemed to be "unintended" by original devs... so removed

What else can we say the original devs intended?

Rararboker
09-04-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm mad since I can't read.

You still don't understand. My point was that the people complaining about this aren't the people who supported Luclin removals. And when I asked for names to be pointed out there was no reply. Which only supports my argument. Though, even if people did support those model removals and complained about this, it wouldn't matter. No Luclin models is classic. No epic rogue twinks isn't classic.

Though, if we are making changes to epics based on intent, can we make VS spawn faster, sooner?

wormed
09-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Can confirm I was OK with Luclin models removed (because they were shitty anyway) and also am OK with this epic change.

wormed
09-04-2015, 01:41 PM

Um, except they're on record saying epics on twinks wasn't intended. It wasn't just made up. Now, if there were other things said on record, then I guess we could use that as an example.

EDIT: There are many things on this server that are changes to "classic" that should be bothering people more than the removal of some level1 with a Ragebringer. I mean, come on. I'm surprised people aren't more miffed about how these guys are deliberately nerfing raid mob drops. Doesn't make any sense.

Jontheripper
09-04-2015, 01:53 PM

Cartography skill, it would be sweet to equip a compass and vellum and chart out zones, probably impossible but a man can dream...

Jontheripper
09-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Epic twinks > Classic... but deemed to be "unintended" by original devs... so removed

Dark nights again, running around mostly blind with a lantern equipped was the shit.

fishingme
09-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Sorry mate, you aren't gaining 22 levels in 18 hours. Unless it's a bard PL. And you're a pbae class, or have a friend that's a pbae thats to PL with you.

If you know where to go and how to play the game, you can. If you're good enough to do kedge keep, it'll get you from 34-46 very quick. Mind you, I'm not saying anything less than an epic twink can do it. On a rogue it helps a lot having the innate class bonus, depending on if you picked a halfling that additional exp bonus helps a lot also. I recently did the 1-45 on my warrior with roughly 4 days of playing at 5 hours per day. All you need is knowledge of where to go, how to pull, how many hitpoints each mob has, and which mobs are easiest to kill.

I'm sorry that you don't know anything of what I just said.

AzzarTheGod
09-04-2015, 02:50 PM

:o

JDFriend99
09-04-2015, 03:02 PM
When is the next patch occuring?

AzzarTheGod
09-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Hopefully never.

Dezik
09-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Seriously do we know when next patch is? Or at least an ETA? Would be awesome to know.

Swish
09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Soon ™

wormed
09-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Hopefully never.

I heard on the Live servers you can MQ yourself a Ragebringer.

AzzarTheGod
09-04-2015, 04:28 PM
I heard on the Live servers you can MQ yourself a Ragebringer.

Rename to Project Hindsight 2015. This isn't classic.

Mojo24
09-04-2015, 04:33 PM
If you know where to go and how to play the game, you can. If you're good enough to do kedge keep, it'll get you from 34-46 very quick. Mind you, I'm not saying anything less than an epic twink can do it. On a rogue it helps a lot having the innate class bonus, depending on if you picked a halfling that additional exp bonus helps a lot also. I recently did the 1-45 on my warrior with roughly 4 days of playing at 5 hours per day. All you need is knowledge of where to go, how to pull, how many hitpoints each mob has, and which mobs are easiest to kill.

I'm sorry that you don't know anything of what I just said.

K 34-46 is 11 levels.

I dropped 500k on a monk and steamrolled everything, did not make 22 levels in 9-18 hours.

Tldr: ya full of shit :)

wormed
09-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Rename to Project Hindsight 2015. This isn't classic.

But having an excessive amount of rogues running around with epics is classic? Maybe you seem to be forgetting what the beginning of Velious was like on Live. There sure weren't Ragebringers up for sale, that's for sure.

fishingme
09-04-2015, 04:58 PM
K 34-46 is 11 levels.

I dropped 500k on a monk and steamrolled everything, did not make 22 levels in 9-18 hours.

34 was a typo. Where did you go to level, what race is your monk, how many hybrids did you group with, did you do more than a trio? How did you spend 500k on a monk?? You can get epic + BiS everything for roughly 280k so far has been my experience on the 5 monks I have leveled on p99.

Okay, I just looked at your post history and your first p99 post saying that you just started p99 in january and that you haven't played in 13 years. So how did you get 500k in this amount of time?

wormed
09-04-2015, 05:00 PM
34 was a typo. Where did you go to level, what race is your monk, how many hybrids did you group with, did you do more than a trio? How did you spend 500k on a monk?? You can get epic + BiS everything for roughly 280k so far has been my experience on the 5 monks I have leveled on p99.

Okay, I just looked at your post history and your first p99 post saying that you just started p99 in january and that you haven't played in 13 years. So how did you get 500k in this amount of time?

Someone got served with forum detective work.

AzzarTheGod
09-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Someone got served with forum detective work.

He must have RMT'd!!!!!!!

#Queue X-Files Theme

Mojo24
09-04-2015, 05:42 PM

Took me about a month and a half to get cleric to 60. Guild group king group for weeks, south farming and chardok AE sales. I also leveled a bard and sold PL in the time that we didn't hold king, and south was camped and we all know about the cleric chardok list. 500k isn't very difficult to achieve.

And I mostly duo, the only way I could see 22 levels in 9-18 hours is a bard PL with a PBAE class for 9 hours (probably less) and maybe 12-14 hours if you group with a PBAE. You aren't competing with around 200 kills an hour solo/duo bard PL as a solo/duo naturally leveling up.

Also VP loot rights, not to mention VP key MQ which costs close me close to 100k. 500k is easily spent on a pre velious monk.

wormed
09-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Took me about a month and a half to get cleric to 60. Guild group king group for weeks, south farming and chardok AE sales. I also leveled a bard and sold PL in the time that we didn't hold king, and south was camped and we all know about the cleric chardok list. 500k isn't very difficult to achieve.

And I mostly duo, the only way I could see 22 levels in 9-18 hours is a bard PL with a PBAE class for 9 hours (probably less) and maybe 12-14 hours if you group with a PBAE. You aren't competing with around 200 kills an hour solo/duo bard PL as a solo/duo naturally leveling up.

Also VP loot rights, not to mention VP key MQ which costs close me close to 100k. 500k is easily spent on a pre velious monk.

Oooooooooooooooooh, you live in your mom's basement. That explains it.

Mojo24
09-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Oooooooooooooooooh, you live in your mom's basement. That explains it.

I did take a lot of vacation days in the beginning, and slacked pretty hard at work when I actually had to come into the office. I also lived on 3-4 hours of sleep a night and gained 5% bodyfat and lost quite a bit of strength. Trying to get back on that horse now that I quit.

8 hours a day.

South - Maybe around 30k on average, sometimes a lot more or less. RNG
Chardok - 40-48k
King - 20-40k, sometimes none, sometimes more. RNG again
Bard PL - Varies too much to really put a price here.

Do the math, not difficult. You just don't know how to effectively farm, not that I expect you to as a pally.

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2015, 02:00 AM
I did take a lot of vacation days in the beginning, and slacked pretty hard at work when I actually had to come into the office. I also lived on 3-4 hours of sleep a night and gained 5% bodyfat and lost quite a bit of strength. Trying to get back on that horse now that I quit.

8 hours a day.

South - Maybe around 30k on average, sometimes a lot more or less. RNG
Chardok - 40-48k
King - 20-40k, sometimes none, sometimes more. RNG again
Bard PL - Varies too much to really put a price here.

Do the math, not difficult. You just don't know how to effectively farm, not that I expect you to as a pally.

Huh? Are these per session values? Qualify those numbers for me?

Itap
09-05-2015, 02:33 AM

Wow. I've played here 3+ years and have never had more than 100k at once. Damn you RL

Huggz
09-05-2015, 03:16 AM
#wipeitclean2015

Viscian
09-05-2015, 05:02 AM
K 34-46 is 11 levels.

Learn 2 monk.

McBenz
09-05-2015, 12:13 PM

I'm sure the devs intended for all classes to be useful and not outright useless for the entirety of the game, but we all know Sony's work ethic, so they never got around to it.

Which is why we have horribly gimped hybrids. Good thing they're working as "intended" though!

The devs probably "intended" for Ice Comet, the badass Wizard spell for its time, to not have the same spell message as a level 1 DD, or have the same particle effects as a level 1 DD. But hey, working as intended!