PDA

View Full Version : fucking monkeys

phacemeltar
08-28-2015, 08:02 AM
yea so im in this group whippin ass on my lowbie monk. finally got a replacement fbss after SO LONG, and ive worked out this idea to do hand to hand. its working really well, im doing ok dps to blue and white cons.. NO ONE IS DYING, thank JESUS! so all of a sudden this rogue joins group and starts taking all the aggro. next thing i know im getting complained at because i cant hold aggro off this rogue as a monk, i inspect the rogue and ofc they have weapons and armor from high-end kunark/velious dungeons. i aske where he got the weapons and he says "EC". so these jerks keep telling me i "need" to buy better weapons because they are cheap, so i say gtg and log out. as the camp timer hits 5 seconds, i target the rogue and lo and behold she is about to die to the mobs i was killing with ease.

for a classic server, people sure are convinced to twinking.. and its annoying AF. i hope you cunts died

phacemeltar
08-28-2015, 08:03 AM
forgot to mention... the rogue didnt try to evade once, and i was watching. guess i got trolled

phacemeltar
08-28-2015, 08:05 AM
oh yea, another thing.. i looked up all the weapons and the only things better than my fists right now were released post-kunark. what a bunch of assholes

Swish
08-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Doesn't happen on red, this is more of your typical leveling group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_q-hioGkU

am0n
08-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Hard to call the only video you've ever posted with a leveling group on red "Typical."

Shrubwise
08-28-2015, 08:40 AM
T-t-t-triple post madddd

am0n
08-28-2015, 08:41 AM
As for the OP, sounds like a shitty group. Better you left. I've had the chance to group a lot on blue and haven't ran into that issue. One really obnoxious Paladin, but that was it. Next time should be better.

Swish
08-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Vid at am0n's request.... up in the 50s people have accumulated some plat and invested a bit. Thunderdome cleric and tank still need some work. Also I'm not holding a main slot item, I sold my stein of moggok planning to get a rod of insidious glamour but haven't finished the quest yet :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6eaztnu5c4

Chardok groups are fun.

captnamazing
08-28-2015, 11:37 AM
nice post phacemeltar i love you

gkmarino
08-28-2015, 12:03 PM
I can confirm i'm kicking ass on red99 with a fresh newb monk with no twink gear. All groups have been super nice.

We have had ranger tanks, monk tanks, bard tanks, druid healers, 2 rangers in a group, no healer in a group. All the scenarios possible, and the 290% exp bonus is killer delicious.

Just have to look out for the twinks and player killers while leveling. The nice thing is because of the exp bonus people are pretty open to inviting anyone to group. The only issue is the low population so level ranges are hit and miss.

You can get level 40 within a week easily.

Swish
08-28-2015, 12:08 PM
I can confirm i'm kicking ass on red99 with a fresh newb monk with no twink gear. All groups have been super nice.

We have had ranger tanks, monk tanks, bard tanks, druid healers, 2 rangers in a group, no healer in a group. All the scenarios possible, and the 290% exp bonus is killer delicious.

Just have to look out for the twinks and player killers while leveling. The nice thing is because of the exp bonus people are pretty open to inviting anyone to group.

Preach it brother...bless this post.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/69/57/d6/6957d6a1ac3f6afc9290a2c676fa5baa.jpg

captnamazing
08-28-2015, 01:05 PM
If it's so fun to play red why not get rid of that xp bonus? Then u can enjoy having no gear and playing in wacky groups for almost three times as long!!!

fishingme
08-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Next time you should tell the rogue that holding aggro on a monk vs a twink isn't easily done when they're not playing their class correctly and using evade. Next you should tell them that because they suck so badly at EQ aggro mechanics that they should just go back to WoW. After that, you need to pull enough mobs to where he gets his hp dropped to about 30-40%, then FD to kill him with low hp-aggro, and then you stand back up and finish off the mobs.

Messie
08-28-2015, 01:24 PM
nice post phacemeltar i love you

same

Swish
08-28-2015, 01:26 PM
If it's so fun to play red why not get rid of that xp bonus? Then u can enjoy having no gear and playing in wacky groups for almost three times as long!!!

The old XP bonus got taken out ages back, which collapsed the 3rd raiding guild on the server at the time, <Red Dawn>. Nightly population swiftly dropped to 70ish. I leveled a wizard in that time but it was mighty slow solo.

kaev
08-28-2015, 01:53 PM

Thanks for confirming that red is some bizarre bastardization with only the faintest cosmetic relation to classic EQ.

feanan
08-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Listen, we all know the only thing red has going for it is the low population. That, and the fact that most of the server is in the same guild, so the loot flows free and easy.

So, yeah, if you want to play something that doesn't resemble classic everquest, has a super crazy exp boost (leveling is too slow/hard for those elite red players), and has little to no competition for gear, red is for you.

Of course, after years and years and years of listening to red players talk up their server, the population has been pretty static and stale....so I guess not too many drinking the koolaid.

Shjade
08-28-2015, 03:21 PM
The old XP bonus got taken out ages back, which collapsed the 3rd raiding guild on the server at the time, <Red Dawn>. Nightly population swiftly dropped to 70ish. I leveled a wizard in that time but it was mighty slow solo.

So...you're saying the main pro for Red isn't the community, the pvp, or the loot environment, but the ridiculously high exp bonus, as if the server needs an artificial incentive to get the majority of its population to play there?

Hunh. :|a

Monty405
08-28-2015, 03:28 PM
I feel your frustration op. I made a rogue when joining p99 without knowing about the ragebringer situation. You have no idea how many times I have faced mocking on my path to 50.

indiscriminate_hater
08-28-2015, 03:36 PM
maybe you should twink out your monk, fucking filthy casual scum

gkmarino
08-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks for confirming that red is some bizarre bastardization with only the faintest cosmetic relation to classic EQ.Yeah it's fun, really fun. Especially if there is a class that you haven't tried it's fun to level fast and check it out. I only got near 40 that fast because I received some power leveling. The exp is great, it promotes grouping for sure.

Getting to 30 or 40 in the first week is not normal. I would say probably the high teens would be normal, maybe, depends on how often you group and if it is a full group kicking ass.

phacemeltar
08-28-2015, 07:45 PM
thx for listening <3

Osyruz
08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
yea so im in this group whippin ass on my lowbie monk. finally got a replacement fbss after SO LONG, and ive worked out this idea to do hand to hand. its working really well, im doing ok dps to blue and white cons.. NO ONE IS DYING, thank JESUS! so all of a sudden this rogue joins group and starts taking all the aggro. next thing i know im getting complained at because i cant hold aggro off this rogue as a monk, i inspect the rogue and ofc they have weapons and armor from high-end kunark/velious dungeons. i aske where he got the weapons and he says "EC". so these jerks keep telling me i "need" to buy better weapons because they are cheap, so i say gtg and log out. as the camp timer hits 5 seconds, i target the rogue and lo and behold she is about to die to the mobs i was killing with ease.

for a classic server, people sure are convinced to twinking.. and its annoying AF. i hope you cunts died

Sounds like your group didn't realize monks can't taunt.

bloodmuffin
08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Here's an idea. Roll red, level to 50 in a couple says, farm like 4 shrunken gobbie earrings and sell em, then spend the next couple months trying to transfer Red to Blue in EC like the rest of them.

visage
08-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Op sounds highly aroused.