PDA

View Full Version : Giants Spawned from Scout Tools Need Some Space

Erati
08-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Currently the Kromzek Captain still cannot be single pulled out after Harmonying. This shouldnt be the case and to fix the giants devs simply need a lil room to breath, they are standing too close to one another for harmony to be truely effective. Right now when you harmony them all and try to solo Capt out - you 100% of the time get 2 additional warriors that are simply right on top of the Captain so they aggro.

Heres evidence:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1255

This will spawn 8 giants near the shoreline just south of the Scout. Seven Kromzek Warriors and one Kromzek Captain. Harmony the seven warriors so that the Captain can be single pulled. Kill him and loot the Broken Disk.

May 18 2004 at 3:45 PMRating: Default
jimbox
I landed immolation of ro on him. It worked its way through and he only went down to 97% health, so he has a ton of hp for a level 58. And for the records Harmony worked fine on the warriors, I was able to single pull him.

#Nov 06 2003 at 2:30 PMRating: Decent
punchum
Single pulled iwth Harmony and fought him right near charisa

Daldaen
08-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Agreed x 100.

The captain probably just needs to be moved forward 10-20' and this will be resolved.

Ele
08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Definitely needs to be single-able with harmony. Did it many times on live during Velious.

Erati
08-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Since the Beta server has been released - the positioning of the captain has not allowed for it to be singled out with harmony

lets fix - I like Dald's suggestion of simply nudging Captain up some- easy fix!

Erati
09-14-2015, 10:51 PM
bump for new patch coming - the Captain needs space!

Videri
09-15-2015, 12:10 AM
In the meantime, you can kite them all, snare the captain, zone, and have another player tag the captain. Or even just kite the other giants around while a team kills the captain.

Ele
09-15-2015, 12:24 AM
In the meantime, you can kite them all, snare the captain, zone, and have another player tag the captain. Or even just kite the other giants around while a team kills the captain.

What? he should be 100% MR immune

Erati
09-15-2015, 09:45 AM
use Snare to tag it out I think he means - I have never landed any kind of snare but druid epic snare on him after billions of tries

and druid epic snare only lands after tash/malo

and yes we know how to play EQ Videri ty - doesnt mean this shouldnt be fixed for proper classic Kromzek captain experience

Man0warr
09-15-2015, 10:44 AM
You can also use 1 guy with FD and another with sneak to turn the giants around then sneak tag the Captain.

Daldaen
09-15-2015, 10:59 AM
You can also use 1 guy with FD and another with sneak to turn the giants around then sneak tag the Captain.

You can Overcome 20 second Dragon Roars with 255 MR by raiding with 60-70 people but that doesn't make it classic. I don't give any number of fucks about what you CAN do to overcome a non-classic bug.

I only care about making the game function as it did in 2001. This quest isn't functioning as it should. The Giants are too close for Harmony to work effectively and that is not classic as has been proven by many quotes from 2001-2003 about the quest. They need to be spaced somewhat further away from each other.

Efwan
09-15-2015, 12:45 PM

This, literally took us 15 seconds

Erati
09-15-2015, 01:51 PM
thats cool Efwan

whats great about EQ is theres many ways to accomplish the same outcome/goal

One of the ways for this quest to be won is via harmony pulling which doesnt work on our server currently- we are simply trying to get it fixed

no need to troll a bug post about a function that clearly is not working yet all you are telling us is other ways to do the same thing ( which we already know how to do )

Man0warr
09-15-2015, 02:33 PM
I mean they know about it - it was literally the de facto way to do the quest. It even worked that way on beta for a bit.

So either A) they nerfed it on accident or B) they did it on purpose to make it less trivial.

Daldaen
09-15-2015, 02:42 PM
Less trivial, than a 15 second sneak tag? I find that hard to believe.

I'm guessing the positioning just got messed up, that's all. Just need captain moved 10-15' in front of his army and its classic.

Man0warr
09-15-2015, 02:50 PM
The harmony thing was nice because it let you low man it, but I don't see that ever being reality here with the forces that show up. Outside of a weekday 6am spawn time or whatever.

So yeah fix it for classic-ness but in the grand scheme of things, there are way more important issues.

Daldaen
09-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Of which I have many threads on.

Dragon Roar
Zlandicar AEs
Vyemm's HP (not my thread but I've contributed I think)
DA Aggro dumps
Coldain Ring faction

Etc. But I'm not a dev. I don't get to pick and choose what is viewed or fixed. It all needs to be put out there and they can fix it as they see it.

This should be an easy fix just change the spawn point of the mob up a little bit and varify his new spawn isn't under the world, and all is good!

Erati
09-15-2015, 04:35 PM
varify his new spawn isn't under the world, and all is good!

this- cant be more than a couple min fix once you know where to look in the code

and I appreciate anyone that takes the time to make this fix !!! No rush on this at all as there are other ways to do it, but it is surely annoying to harmony everything and constantly 100% of the time get Capt + 2 simply bc of where he is positioned