PDA

View Full Version : LOL Kael, LOL Taken

indiscriminate_hater
08-02-2015, 08:41 PM
this is some good shit right here. haven't seen this much crying and training since double exp weekend

SamwiseRed
08-02-2015, 08:46 PM
sounds like more fighting over mobs on blue than red. sadly it's through petition quest.

Maximius
08-02-2015, 08:49 PM
LOL chest suspended

iruinedyourday
08-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Blue sucks cus they dont stream there velious raiding shenanagins.. red wins again sigh.

http://www.twitch.tv/gongsh0w

Kushie
08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Congrats Taken

Coffee
08-02-2015, 09:11 PM
try red today

Swish
08-02-2015, 09:12 PM
No welfare tier, what will they do? Complain until they get one...

Cecily
08-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Grats Taken!

Quickfingers
08-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Oh god please give me the details

Doors
08-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Been waiting years to for this forum to rebound. Someone please post details so I can read this shit in between killing every raid mob we go after on red.

Ella`Ella
08-02-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm more excited about Chest being suspended for Velious than I am velious itself.

Swish
08-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Oh god please give me the details

Knightt 2.0
08-02-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm more excited about Chest being suspended for Velious than I am velious itself.

Susvain2
08-02-2015, 09:34 PM
the good players on the good server need an update about chests assbergers flaring up

Doors
08-02-2015, 09:39 PM
What's the line looking like for holgresh elder bead camp?

Maximius
08-02-2015, 09:40 PM
What's the line looking like for holgresh elder bead camp?

http://i.imgur.com/UVTm8sD.jpg

Doors
08-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Man you missed the joke with that last night.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/1143034.jpg

Emsee
08-02-2015, 09:45 PM
TMO getting shit on, on red. Chest getting shit on, on blue. The world is about to end! You heard it here first.

indiscriminate_hater
08-02-2015, 09:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NEiiY2U.png

indiscriminate_hater
08-02-2015, 09:49 PM
velious is already over. when's luclin again?

Bazia
08-02-2015, 10:35 PM
damn more people in that zone then on red total

indiscriminate_hater
08-02-2015, 10:36 PM
damn more people in that guild then on red total

fixed

iruinedyourday
08-03-2015, 01:25 AM
On red we told jokes killed raid mobs all night and logged off later to have dinner with friends and family just saying.

SamwiseRed
08-03-2015, 01:43 AM
On red we told jokes killed raid mobs all night and logged off later to have dinner with friends and family just saying.

raided all night then had dinner at 4am?

Troubled
08-03-2015, 01:49 AM
raided all night then had dinner at 4am?

Nope took a nice break for dinner at the appropriate time while opposition watched offline stream.

LostCause
08-03-2015, 06:58 AM
while you sat on a ghost server with under 300 pop.

SHOWITME
08-03-2015, 08:00 AM
inability to kill aow = took a break

Smedy
08-03-2015, 08:03 AM

dont underestimate the bluebie zerg known as empire, they field 90 out of the 130 playing on red99, very competitive group of people these empire

Swish
08-03-2015, 08:30 AM
can see why people with BDA in their sigs also have Empire sometimes.

Faywind
08-03-2015, 08:56 AM

dafier
08-03-2015, 10:09 AM
LOL chest suspended

I believe Rogean was a little hasty handing out that 5 minuter. Was funny though since he really did nothing but hold KT for a bit.

If anything he helped. Speaking generally here; It's funny how noobs are training Kael because they don't know how to invis or they decide they are going to go exploring in Kael while being KOS.

As for Taken:

Grats on server first KT and more.

Man0warr
08-03-2015, 10:55 AM
can see why people with BDA in their sigs also have Empire sometimes.

Like 1?

wormed
08-03-2015, 11:15 AM
If you're not downing mobs with 110 players, you're losing at Everquest.

Anichek
08-03-2015, 12:05 PM
If you're not downing mobs with 110 players, you're losing at Everquest.

At the onset we had (I think, would have to check my logs) 132.

Then again, Rampage got over 100 at one point last night as well.

Taken was around 119 (don't know if they crossed 120)

Didn't see how many Forsaken ended up with at peak volume, though.

How many Asgard were on for your Kunark kills? Let me know so I can start trimming the fat to be like you....

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/03/Baloo-and-King-Louie-dancing.gif

bktroost
08-03-2015, 12:25 PM

How many Asgard were on for your Kunark kills? Let me know so I can start trimming the fat to be like you....

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/03/Baloo-and-King-Louie-dancing.gif

Is that Gif to indicate that we are in the tossing poop at each other phase of Velious launch? Even after we shouted a server first congrats to you guys /tear.

Kengo
08-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Is Asgard and Azure Guard the same guild? Didn't see either one in Velious.

Bboboo
08-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Is Asgard and Azure Guard the same guild? Didn't see either one in Velious.

I wish those two guilds with just merge tbh, confusing af.

bktroost
08-03-2015, 12:59 PM
I wish those two guilds with just merge tbh, confusing af.

Not the same guild, we tried to partner on Dain but found out too late that when single pulling from the well you are allowed to tag somoene's Dain after you FD the others up top off. Apparently that's the legal strat going forward. Word to the wise, don't be the ones to pull Dain.

wormed
08-03-2015, 01:40 PM

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you're getting at? I think we hit 80 at peak during the Velious release and it was a shock to most of us.

Did you take my comment as an insult? Maybe you do feel bad zerging mobs down, I don't know. The truth of my statement stands: if you have that many people, the encounter is trivialized. Simple as that. If Asgard had 100+ would we stop 100+ from participating? Of course not, but let's just be honest with ourselves here:

If you have 100+ players and you're not dropping Velious mobs, you're failing at EQ.

wormed
08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Not the same guild, we tried to partner on Dain but found out too late that when single pulling from the well you are allowed to tag somoene's Dain after you FD the others up top off. Apparently that's the legal strat going forward. Word to the wise, don't be the ones to pull Dain.

Asgard was poised to kill Dain. Unfortunately, and it's our fault, BDA swarmed in there as we were trying to pull Dain cleanly. We didn't realize that Hailing Dain wasn't going to be considered stalling. We simply tried to abide by the fair play policy when it came to stalling.

BDA swooped in, snagged the Dain, and downed him with 100+.

Grats to them on the first but it's unfortunate that it happened that way.

Pringles
08-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Honest question: How is this game at all "fun" to you guys raiding a single target with over 100 people? Why not split raid forces and go after multiple targets / challenge yourselves?

Anichek
08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Honest question: How is this game at all "fun" to you guys raiding a single target with over 100 people? Why not split raid forces and go after multiple targets / challenge yourselves?

Honestly I doubt we'll reach those numbers again. That's Day 1 launch, and I expect to see it fall back to our normal raid sizes over some time.

It's fun to hang out with people we consider friends - in game, outside of game, in other games too. We've just been around so long (and typically do not remove inactive players) that sometimes, the numbers really swell.

Anichek
08-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Is that Gif to indicate that we are in the tossing poop at each other phase of Velious launch? Even after we shouted a server first congrats to you guys /tear.

Negative, they didn't toss poop. They were dancing together because Baloo was signing the song "Be Like You" in the Jungle Book.

My entire response was to give perspective on the sheer volume of players that all guilds had on for Launch Day. The server was over 2k at one point.

The joke/gif was more to ask what the pre-approved guild raid participant level is, to avoid future flaming about size.

wormed
08-03-2015, 03:39 PM

I agree. For me, personally, when I played Live I was in a smaller guild. We weren't at the current content but we were a step or two below. But man, it was a lot more fun taking out raid targets with few numbers than having 72-man or more raids killing targets.

On P99, that just isn't plausible it seems.

dafier
08-03-2015, 04:10 PM

My experience on live was just that.

I was always in these large (zerg) guilds. Velious we constantly had 80+ in NTOV and Kael and PoG.

REALLY sucked regarding loot, 1. Because the guild leader for the couple guilds I was in ONLY gave loot to who ever he wanted to. 2. There were so many damn people.

This carried on with me through PoP too. But there was a lot of loot that exactly require a raid to get that was really good too (by PoP time frame).

I was in a small guild once and I really didn't like it. We could do anything like the medium or larges guilds could. It was a bummer, at least for me.

dafier
08-03-2015, 04:11 PM
My experience on live was just that.

I was always in these large (zerg) guilds. Velious we constantly had 80+ in NTOV and Kael and PoG.

REALLY sucked regarding loot, 1. Because the guild leader for the couple guilds I was in, ONLY gave loot to who ever he wanted to. 2. There were so many damn people.

This carried on with me through PoP too. But there was a lot of loot that did not exactly require a raid to get that was really good too (by PoP time frame).

I was in a small guild once and I really didn't like it. We could do anything like the medium or larges guilds could. It was a bummer, at least for me.

dafier
08-03-2015, 04:11 PM
hummm.....I meant that. derp

dafier
08-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Lots of mistakes. Sorry.

Corrections:

****Small guild could not compete with medium/large guilds.

****There was a lot of loot that did not require a raid to get that was good.

Swish
08-03-2015, 04:22 PM
A-Team were a good example of doing more with less. You just need a decent set of players who know their roles inside out and can adapt when the shit hits the fan.

Playing in a zerg guild makes players and the people around them more lazy/relaxed. Like you could probably completely afk for a boss fight as a wizard or mage and it wouldn't shift the odds of success by much at all.

dafier
08-03-2015, 04:28 PM
A-Team were a good example of doing more with less. You just need a decent set of players who know their roles inside out and can adapt when the shit hits the fan.

Playing in a zerg guild makes players and the people around them more lazy/relaxed. Like you could probably completely afk for a boss fight as a wizard or mage and it wouldn't shift the odds of success by much at all.

You have a point and yes taking Vindi out with 4 solid groups instead of 60+ would be a challenge.

And, I do like challenges, but I also like to win. Sometimes having more friends helps guaranty a win, however;

In some situations like the AoW team up, it didn't work out, but that wasn't due to 200+ people mad rush, it was due to application/network infrastructure not being able to handle those numbers.

SamwiseRed
08-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Most people on neither server want a "challenge." They would rather insure their elf get dressed up in nice stuff then have fun. Unless zerging bosses is fun then maybe there is that too.

SamwiseRed
08-03-2015, 04:31 PM
*either server dont want

fuck im in rnf and cant edit. rekt

Coffee
08-03-2015, 04:34 PM
try red99

TarukShmaruk
08-03-2015, 04:55 PM
I agree. For me, personally, when I played Live I was in a smaller guild. We weren't at the current content but we were a step or two below. But man, it was a lot more fun taking out raid targets with few numbers than having 72-man or more raids killing targets.

On P99, that just isn't plausible it seems.

That was something I actually liked about live back in the day - that the expansion might be at a certain level, but you'd be doing the previous expansion content.

My group was doing elemental planes and getting ready for time back when Omens had launched.

JurisDictum
08-03-2015, 06:46 PM
If you guys want extremely challenging raids, I wouldn't try to find them on p99. Most the challenge of EQ (and WoW until WotLK) was getting people to not screw up on easy tasks. Modern MMORPGs now have raids that some people just flat out don't have the skill to do.

contemptor
08-03-2015, 07:09 PM
try red99
Can you describe the current velious raid scene for us?

Alanus
08-03-2015, 10:03 PM
There was over 220 people in Kael about an hour ago

Thulghor
08-03-2015, 10:16 PM
I'll never be able to turn in my Coldain heads.

bktroost
08-03-2015, 11:54 PM
try red99

I did. I genuinely disliked every minute of it. Not even the killing other players... that was kinda fun. The community was terrible.

Doors
08-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Ya blue community a beacon of positive humanity.

Alluveal
08-04-2015, 02:44 AM
As a person who will never see the end game let alone obtain an epic, it was a lot of fun to listen to the updates of mobs being taken down. Doesn't matter how the mobs died. Every time a new name popped up, it was a nice reminder of old times. :)

Especially seeing the dragons go. Oh, those dang dragons.

bktroost
08-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Ya blue community a beacon of positive humanity.

Neither are really good, but if I had to choose, and we do since we are here, I choose Blue over Red community.

wormed
08-04-2015, 11:47 AM
You have a point and yes taking Vindi out with 4 solid groups instead of 60+ would be a challenge.

And, I do like challenges, but I also like to win. Sometimes having more friends helps guaranty a win, however;

In some situations like the AoW team up, it didn't work out, but that wasn't due to 200+ people mad rush, it was due to application/network infrastructure not being able to handle those numbers.

Asgard had Vindi down to sub 40% with 25 people. I think we could've done it but it was our first attempt and our uhh class composition wasn't optimal. But still, it's doable with less. I *understand* that you can't exactly turn people away but when raids get to 100+ people, that just blows. There's no fun factor anymore, in my opinion.

But hey, whatever floats your pixel boat.

dafier
08-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Asgard had Vindi down to sub 40% with 25 people. I think we could've done it but it was our first attempt and our uhh class composition wasn't optimal. But still, it's doable with less. I *understand* that you can't exactly turn people away but when raids get to 100+ people, that just blows. There's no fun factor anymore, in my opinion.

But hey, whatever floats your pixel boat.

Agreed. Like I said, I like a challenge. I remember mid Velious time frame on live, Povar, there were times I was in my guild and we only had like 20 ish people on. We would go take vindi down. Of course that wasn't 'prime time'.

wormed
08-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Agreed. Like I said, I like a challenge. I remember mid Velious time frame on live, Povar, there were times I was in my guild and we only had like 20 ish people on. We would go take vindi down. Of course that wasn't 'prime time'.

Yea, P99 almost doesn't allow it. The problem is that content is released so slowly also. When Luclin was out, PoP, etc, there was so many raid mobs with great loot that you could setup a set raid time, and then just LOOK for raid mobs that were up. It was fantastic.

Archalen
08-04-2015, 02:05 PM
I play on both servers and they both have their pros and cons.

But paradoxically, the more the snows of Velious fall, the more Red becomes a desert.

bktroost
08-04-2015, 02:07 PM

But paradoxically, the more the snows of Velious fall, the more Red becomes a desert.

That was beautiful.

Shjade
08-04-2015, 07:45 PM

So eventually red will become the go-to server for players who prefer to solo things, since there won't be anyone else around?

Interesting.

dafier
08-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Yea, P99 almost doesn't allow it. The problem is that content is released so slowly also. When Luclin was out, PoP, etc, there was so many raid mobs with great loot that you could setup a set raid time, and then just LOOK for raid mobs that were up. It was fantastic.

Grats on Vindi last night.

dafier
08-05-2015, 09:37 AM
I missed the tag for faction :(

ddxdy
08-05-2015, 10:27 AM
I missed the tag for faction :(

According to wiki @ http://wiki.project1999.com/Derakor_the_Vindicator it's only a +10 faction hit anyway.