PDA

View Full Version : No Luclin Models Anymore?

Rangerboy
08-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Updated code with patch and cant play with Luclin models. Some say they looked like they all had sticks up their butts, but for many it was a part of their experience of EQ. Its client end, why does it have to be classic required graphics? Might as well put back in that classic gamma since everyone loved that. Why not detect for programmable keyboards and mouses and stuff too since that wasn't classic either. Im taking a break from P99, not because im mad about the choice or devs, just because its not the same experience.

Smedy
08-01-2015, 02:29 PM
stop crying jesus, classic models are better and also...

CLASSIC

Rangerboy
08-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Yeah im expecting to hear a lot of classic model lovers posting haha

Troubled
08-01-2015, 02:41 PM
hahaha someone's quitting because of luclin models

Rangerboy
08-01-2015, 02:43 PM
got that right. I know im not the only one who thinks this. lot of people quit because of the classic gamma too.

Cecily
08-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Well some people think classic EQ looks like shit and prefer the Luclin models. They aren't wrong.

Bboboo
08-01-2015, 02:44 PM
People that use Luclin models should be banned for the greater good, or forced to red server.

Cecily
08-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Try having a little empathy. What if you classic zealots were forced to use Luclin models?

Would you feel angry?
Would you think your experience changed?
Would you be so upset you might quit?
Would you come to RnF seeking solace in your moment of grief?

Bboboo
08-01-2015, 02:56 PM
I used to switch between the models here and there, don't really mind the Luclin models (until the animate, holy shit...)

I knew there would be a possibility of them being removed completely because it isn't classic so I just deal with it to be honest. I know that's a hard concept for some people to grasp in today's world of 'complain about it on the internet until its changed as I see fit' but that's the way it is.

Rangerboy
08-01-2015, 02:56 PM
What if everyone was forced to play with that crappy classic gamma too?

Danth
08-01-2015, 03:04 PM
What if everyone was forced to play with that crappy classic gamma too?

We would be if they could figure out how to make it work on Titanium. They've tried.

Danth

11bangbang
08-01-2015, 03:08 PM
im having the same problem. got a message saying that globalload did not match. i had it set to where some races were classic, and others were luclin. lets be honest here. some of the classic models are just straight garbage. whether you use luclin/classic models, it doesnt effect anyone elses game play. i cant fucking stand the way some of the classic models look,s and its really irritating to have to use this. please unfuck this.

Remix
08-01-2015, 03:09 PM
^^^ fix this !@!!

Ele
08-01-2015, 03:20 PM
im having the same problem. got a message saying that globalload did not match. i had it set to where some races were classic, and others were luclin. lets be honest here. some of the classic models are just straight garbage. whether you use luclin/classic models, it doesnt effect anyone elses game play. i cant fucking stand the way some of the classic models look,s and its really irritating to have to use this. please unfuck this.

Except the use of Luclin models does affect other people and gives an non-classic advantage to those using them.

Larger races can reach certain areas with out shrink.
and it has huge implications in PVP, skeleton/human models, ducking out of stuns, etc.

11bangbang
08-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Except the use of Luclin models does affect other people and gives an non-classic advantage to those using them.

Larger races can reach certain areas with out shrink.
and it has huge implications in PVP, skeleton/human models, ducking out of stuns, etc.

theres what, 1 person on the entire server who actually uses luclin models for that? how about we just get luclin back so this already shitty game is less shitty, and we can all enjoy this shitty game.

Dr3am
08-01-2015, 03:30 PM
11bangbang wrote: "theres what, 1 person on the entire server who actually uses luclin models for that? how about we just get luclin back so this already shitty game is less shitty, and we can all enjoy this shitty game."

I am sure that you are an expert on how many people were using models to exploit, since you had no knowledge of it at all (sarcasm).
You also seem to be a quality player who this game really needs to keep in the player base. Nothing like a person who plays a game that they call 'shitty'- that's the attitude we need to retain!
Good riddance.

Cecily
08-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Except when the less shitty models made the game more shitty, the less shitty models became the shittiest thing the devs saw. Blame the idiots on red exploiting this to make AoN skeletons with no name tag appear to be humans with one.

11bangbang
08-01-2015, 03:39 PM
11bangbang wrote: "theres what, 1 person on the entire server who actually uses luclin models for that? how about we just get luclin back so this already shitty game is less shitty, and we can all enjoy this shitty game."

I am sure that you are an expert on how many people were using models to exploit, since you had no knowledge of it at all (sarcasm).
You also seem to be a quality player who this game really needs to keep in the player base. Nothing like a person who plays a game that they call 'shitty'- that's the attitude we need to retain!
Good riddance.

eh lucin gfx or not, i have more pixels than you haha. want to duel?

LulzSect
08-01-2015, 03:41 PM
ha ha

Dr3am
08-01-2015, 03:45 PM
11bangbang wrote: "eh lucin gfx or not, i have more pixels than you haha. want to duel?"

Yeah I bet- see my join date? I retired my mains before you even started this game. I sold my last manastone for 250k. Did you know they sold for 10k after they were removed, and I argued with many people who said that they would NEVER be worth more than 10k?
Get out of here with your luclin requiring douchyness.

JickFromTholuxe
08-01-2015, 03:45 PM
I love classic models but I always turned Luclin elementals on. Luclin elementals aren't amazing but, damn, those classic ones look so terrible.

Ele
08-01-2015, 03:55 PM
I love classic models but I always turned Luclin elementals on. Luclin elementals aren't amazing but, damn, those classic ones look so terrible.

The ultimate elemental models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJ31-D_Iwk

JickFromTholuxe
08-01-2015, 03:59 PM
The ultimate elemental models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJ31-D_Iwk

LOL, funny you should post that. This is a video I recorded of Anonymous members doing the Tunak dance at a Scientology protest. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzCOIOEkDI)

Pringles
08-01-2015, 04:09 PM
I bet they did this cause of the nerds changing it to remove AoN usefulness on Red.

Man0warr
08-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Yeah most likely reason, rather than depriving Luclin models.

FlipisWin
08-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Dr3am, Please flex your join date harder, We are all eagerly waiting/giving a fuck.

Roguejm11
08-03-2015, 03:58 PM
#BringLuclinModelsBack

Bboboo
08-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Bring back Luclin models and auto ban anyone who turns them on.

Tiewon Shu
08-03-2015, 08:53 PM
...Larger races can reach certain areas with out shrink.

So basically, like every other MMO, PvP ruins the real game for others. :D

Tiewon Shu
08-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Except when the less shitty models made the game more shitty, the less shitty models became the shittiest thing the devs saw. Blame the idiots on red exploiting this to make AoN skeletons with no name tag appear to be humans with one.

Yea, I really dont see why Red Sever matters. Like 100 people play on that server, where over 1000 play on blue. I am quite certain that with over 1000 players on blue, more than 100 used Luclin models.

Nads
08-03-2015, 09:20 PM
eh lucin gfx or not, i have more pixels than you haha. want to duel?

http://i.imgur.com/Yb5eigc.jpg

Swish
08-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Yea, I really dont see why Red Sever matters. Like 100 people play on that server, where over 1000 play on blue. I am quite certain that with over 1000 players on blue, more than 100 used Luclin models.

"100 people" - never gets old does it? :D

darchangel89
08-03-2015, 11:45 PM
so why punish everyone because some people are cheating? Why not just ban the cheaters?
Or is this more about certain people thinking that those of us who prefer luclin models are having fun wrong, and we must conform to their idea of fun or leave?
Ive heard several people say they want to leave over this, and seen alot of them talking about going to the p2002 server. And Ive seen alot of other people tell them "Go then, ya whiners!" But the high population on p99 is what makes it fun. Why drive people away? Honestly?

Neno
08-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Dr3am, Please flex your join date harder, We are all eagerly waiting/giving a fuck.

2014? yikes

Thulghor
08-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Looks like someone found a rather risky workaround.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1995856#post1995856

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Whitney said it best. Don't cry for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptaOdJaq18

Alluveal
08-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Luclin gnome models look like man baby serial killers. Seriously. Thank God that is gone.

Winter
08-04-2015, 03:51 AM
you people act like your arm or life was at stake because few of us like to us Luclin models seriously not one breaking your arm and putting a gun to your head to use these model you can have classic

and as far as using them it do not effect the play of the game and why forcing us to use classic is just not right. if it affects the play or the server in a whole then disable it but if it doesn't way pour in time and resource on somethign that doesn't matter, pick your battles and fight the ones that matter and leave the harmless ones and people will like you more. if you fight every battle that comes your way no matter how much it matters or doesn't matter you will be seen as a bully and people will begin to dislike you, yes staff member I am talking to you and this isn't an attacks it's a fact

Swish
08-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Luclin gnome models look like man baby serial killers. Seriously. Thank God that is gone.

...and some of those facial hair options, holy shit.

CharlesBarkley
08-04-2015, 06:33 AM
Luclin models came out in luclin. This shitheap is an emulator for the expansion before that. Pretty fuckin easy you retards.

ctre
08-04-2015, 10:54 PM
My opinion.

I am glad this server HATES luclin models.
I do not enjoy them at all.. ..(( just don't get me started))
I will rave for at least 100 pages of why I hate them all, (including those dam frogs and stupid cats).

captnamazing
08-05-2015, 05:04 PM
for some reason, luclin elemental models has always been enabled for me. I was always too lazy to go in and change them. but now, pras Devs, the problem has been solved. fuck luclin models and long live the shit tier polygons

Splade
08-09-2015, 03:48 PM
11bangbang wrote: "eh lucin gfx or not, i have more pixels than you haha. want to duel?"

Yeah I bet- see my join date? I retired my mains before you even started this game. I sold my last manastone for 250k. Did you know they sold for 10k after they were removed, and I argued with many people who said that they would NEVER be worth more than 10k?
Get out of here with your luclin requiring douchyness.

Been here since 2010 and still doesn't know how to use the "quote" button. Makes sense

Turp
08-09-2015, 05:46 PM
hahaha someone's quitting because of luclin models

Wait until they force classic UI. People will quit in droves.

B4EQWASCOOL
08-09-2015, 06:06 PM

Yep. Either that or find a work around. Then, if I get banned or suspended for the work around, I'll definitely quit.

Pringles
08-09-2015, 06:22 PM

You realize you could toggle out of the small view port - to a full screen UI right? Nilbog himself has acknowledged this fact.

It wont cause anyone to quit if they can restore the true classic UI.

Danth
08-09-2015, 06:24 PM
The classic "periscope mode" UI is a moot point now; Velious had its own UI that--aside from one chat window--wasn't really that bad. However, many of the assets don't scale with modern resolutions.

Danth

jarshale
08-09-2015, 06:27 PM
we flexin join dates in here?

also lol classic qq

SamwiseRed
08-09-2015, 06:31 PM
My opinion.

I am glad this server HATES luclin models.
I do not enjoy them at all.. ..(( just don't get me started))
I will rave for at least 100 pages of why I hate them all, (including those dam frogs and stupid cats).

frogs werent luclin m8

also vah shir != kerran so i am not sure you can really hate their model as there were no pre-luclin vah shir

Corydon
08-10-2015, 12:05 PM
frogs werent luclin m8

also vah shir != kerran so i am not sure you can really hate their model as there were no pre-luclin vah shir

While not technically a pre-luclin Vah Shir, they came with a simple version, too. If you want to see the difference, go to EQ live and disable the "advanced" models to enjoy the classic models plus the simple Vah Shir model I am referring to. You will then immediately notice that you have seen it already on Luclin release. (I bet.)