PDA

View Full Version : Sport Hunting

Destron
07-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Would America be offended if someone from Zimbabwe came to America, went to Wyoming, and killed an Elk for sport? I contest that it is only an issue because in America we deem these "exotic" animals "exotic" because we see them in the circus. In Africa they are the norm, but we put them on a pedestal because we think they are special because we don't have them in America.

Hunting for sport and hunting for meat, both end the same. Dead animal, meat is consumed by the hunter, scavengers or back into the earth to provide life in another form.

This outrage is a sham.

Portasaurus
07-29-2015, 03:24 PM
meat

LulzSect
07-29-2015, 03:25 PM
didn't know u trailer park rednecks had internet and electricity out there in a state n1 cares about

a prized lion is |= elk (lol)
thank you for sharing ur unintelligent opinion with us

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/32/95/5c/32955ccb4c509fe1dd7246b90debbfb6.jpg

eisley
07-29-2015, 03:26 PM
went too far beyond poe's law

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-29-2015, 03:28 PM
this needs to be in off topic. forumquest is for playin our little eq games. learn the diff, op

Destron
07-29-2015, 03:37 PM
Lion is not endangered. Elk is not endangered. Tell me again how it isn't a fair comparison?

Champion_Standing
07-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Naw it would be like like if they came to America and killed Tony the tiger, he's one of a kind

Rayzor84
07-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Would America be offended if someone from Zimbabwe came to America, went to Wyoming, and killed an Elk for sport? I contest that it is only an issue because in America we deem these "exotic" animals "exotic" because we see them in the circus. In Africa they are the norm, but we put them on a pedestal because we think they are special because we don't have them in America.

Hunting for sport and hunting for meat, both end the same. Dead animal, meat is consumed by the hunter, scavengers or back into the earth to provide life in another form.

This outrage is a sham.

Either u didn't read the actual facts of the incident to understand why it's a big deal, you're a retard, or you're trolling. Probably all 3.

LulzSect
07-29-2015, 03:43 PM
redneck logic

Destron
07-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Facts
Guy paid for a Legal hunt.
Lions are not endangered.
No proof he knew it was an illegal kill until after the animal was dead.
People are advocating his family being tortured over this.

Rayzor84
07-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Ok let me enlighten you.

Dude goes over there and pays a "guide" to hunt down a lion. Said lion is in protected space. The dude and his guide lure the lion out until he is not in protected space, and kill it. The lion has now been poached.

The dude has a history of being charged for poaching, as he poached a bear in wisconsin.

Dude claims he had no idea, wants to throw his guide under the bus when he was told explicitly not to hunt this lion, the lion is being tracked and taken care of and is protected.

So, history of poaching, shady practices took place to lure the lion on purpose, wants to blame guide. The dudes an entitled scumbag and repeat offender.

Pokesan
07-29-2015, 04:00 PM
this wouldn't have happened if the lion had a gun

Swish
07-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Facts

On the last point, that applies to just about anyone in the news who did something bad these days.

RL threats get made for elf sim too.

Champion_Standing
07-29-2015, 04:09 PM
this wouldn't have happened if the lion had a gun

Hard to argue with that.

India
07-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Ok let me enlighten you.

Dude goes over there and pays a "guide" to hunt down a lion. Said lion is in protected space. The dude and his guide lure the lion out until he is not in protected space, and kill it. The lion has now been poached.

The dude has a history of being charged for poaching, as he poached a bear in wisconsin.

Dude claims he had no idea, wants to throw his guide under the bus when he was told explicitly not to hunt this lion, the lion is being tracked and taken care of and is protected.

So, history of poaching, shady practices took place to lure the lion on purpose, wants to blame guide. The dudes an entitled scumbag and repeat offender.

In addition, the hunter and the guides were caught in the process of trying to destroy the lions tracking collar when they were caught...

Destron
07-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Ok let me enlighten you.

Dude goes over there and pays a "guide" to hunt down a lion. Legal Said lion is in protected space. The dude and his guide lure the lion out until he is not in protected space, and kill it. We don't know if he was involved in this part, no proof he was involved or knew it was this lion.The lion has now been poached.

Dude claims he had no idea, wants to throw his guide under the bus when he was told explicitly not to hunt this lionNot true., the lion is being tracked and taken care of and is protected.

So, history of poaching, shady practices took place to lure the lion on purpose, wants to blame guide. How is the guide not the primary person to take the blame?

The dudes an entitled scumbag and repeat offender.Agreed, doesn't mean he is guilty in this instance.

Destron
07-29-2015, 04:26 PM
In addition, the hunter and the guides were caught in the process of trying to destroy the lions tracking collar when they were caught...

Tough to defend, but once the Lion is dead it probably wouldn't have mattered if he came clean or not. I think most people make this choice put in that same situation.

Destron
07-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Also, I'm not from Wyoming. Let's clear that up.

iruinedyourday
07-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Also, I'm not from Wyoming. Let's clear that up.

https://youtu.be/Rs4P1kKK-5k

iruinedyourday
07-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Tuba intensifies

https://johnochwat.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tuba-player.jpghttp://www.norlanbewley.com/images/Norlantuba-new1.jpghttp://www.esm.rochester.edu/community/files/GL8T0189.jpg
http://www.norlanbewley.com/images/Norlantuba-new3.jpg
http://www.daveamason.com/tuba/tommy_double_tuba.jpg
http://img.thrfun.com/img/006/507/tuba_player_s.jpg
http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/8086985_f496.jpg
http://www.issaquahpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TubaAwardAbel-20130300-199x300.jpg

Destron
07-29-2015, 04:36 PM
More Tuba.

Portasaurus
07-29-2015, 04:36 PM
What a fine group of tuba playing gentlemen

Destron
07-29-2015, 04:44 PM
What a fine group of tuba playing gentlemen

Over under on that phrase being said in the history of the world: 15

nhdjoseywales
07-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Dont know how game laws work in Zimbabwe but in the US claiming ignorance or whatever is not going to work. My uncle was a game warden and those guys dont fuck around. You kill something illegally and get caught you will lose your gun, truck, 4 wheeler, whatever you were using on the hunt plus face stiff fines and potential jail time. Ignorance of game laws in no way at all indemnify you of prosecution, dont even know why you brought up any of that bullshit in the first place.

Ryba
07-30-2015, 02:03 PM
You have to have a baby dick or a baby IQ to "hunt" lions.

Bilbik
07-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I have a feeling that when your guide straps a dead animal on a tow rope and drives it around a game preserve, you might get suspicious.

Cecily
07-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello my American friends! Please forgiving my poor English as I am come from Zimbabwe. Tomorrow is very exciting day because I pay American guide $100s to take me to a hunting enclosure they call a "zoo". I have been rest assure this is legal and my fee allows me to shot one animals of my choosing. I think I will choice the gorilla named Koko.

katrik
07-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Facts

Yeah. I was raised to hunt, and killed many deer. There is literally zero difference. However, the only problem I DO have with this, big game hunting is just for trophy value. I was taught that, if you kill an animal, make realistic use from it (food, whatever). So, therefore, I am conflicted. Is it wrong to take an animal's life for zero reason than the thrill of the hunt? I dunno. Discuss.

milsorgen
07-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Africanhas tourism to keep an interest in preserving lands and ecosystems. In N America we have that to a lesser degree and we rely on fishermen and hunters to generate interest in preserving our local natural areas. Comparing hunting in Africa to that of N America is like comparing oranges and apples.

dafier
07-30-2015, 03:02 PM
You have to have a baby dick or a baby IQ to "hunt" lions.

You have to grow one to have one. How about you sew your vag shut.

dafier
07-30-2015, 03:04 PM
What really happened:

1. Dude goes to Africa to hunt.

2. Pays for it.

3. Looking for hit lion kill.

OMG! IT'S COMIN RIGHT AT US!

https://crimcourts.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/jimbo.gif

5. PITA sees this

6. People cry.

TarukShmaruk
07-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Real men hunt animals using superior technology and ranged weaponry that minimizes any and all risk to themselves while simultaneously having no actual need for anything the animal provides

Ryba
07-30-2015, 03:10 PM

Your hillbilly outrage only works if you fixate on the fringe arguments.

The whole Cecil situation distills to: Guy kills animal that is illegal to kill, guy must face the law. The fact that he is being publicly shamed for his pathetic hobby is just a bonus for us to enjoy.

If the climax of your relationship with nature is sitting still in the woods with a high-powered rifle until another animal comes close enough to kill it, you are as shallow as a puddle. It's not that you're wrong, it's just sad that you're alive.

Deliverator
07-30-2015, 03:23 PM

This outrage is a sham.

The reason America has a problem with people going to Africa to kill animals is that those animals in Africa have been hunting to near extinction. They aren't going over there for the gazelle they are going for the Black Rhinos and the Lions that have been hunted for nearly a century.

Destron
07-30-2015, 03:24 PM
I hunt, I fish, I work in IT, I play p99, I have kids, I have a wife, I live north of the mason dixon line, I voted for Obama, I voted for Bush. But paint me in your little box that makes your small world view play out well in your pea brain.

The original argument I had more to do with Sport Hunting than this dentist from MN. The outrage is disingenuous.

Financially, the best use of most of the land in Africa is to host and house these paid/auction style hunts. It supports communities, promotes conservation. Most of the time the hunters are required to kill X amount of animals to provide meat/sustenance for the local tribes. These aren't the boogey men, it's not as simple as douche bags with money raping and exploiting underdeveloped communities.

dafier
07-30-2015, 03:35 PM
I hunt, I fish, I work in IT, I play p99, I have kids, I have a wife, I live in CONUS, and I voted for Bush.

^^^

And the rest of your points are dead on. Some people have horse blinders on and refuse to change their view because of multiple retarded and pigheadedness personal thoughts.

Don't let yourself be bothered with the non-thinkers of the world. They are but a waste of time.

dafier
07-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Oh....and I hunt for meat only. I don't hunt for sport. It is a personal choice I've made.

Swish
07-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Financially, the best use of most of the land in Africa is to host and house these paid/auction style hunts. It supports communities, promotes conservation.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-29824-R-Kelly-WTF-WHAT-gif-DAFUQ-Tra-WRJC.gif

That's like saying you promote freedom and democracy by bombing foreign countries... oh wait.

Destron
07-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Swish, do some research. The money that is raised through these hunts is put toward conservation. This is the issue that causes so many people to have these backward views on hunting. Hunting doesn't cause animals to go extinct. Over hunting and mismanagement of resources causes it.

dafier
07-30-2015, 03:53 PM
That's like saying you promote freedom and democracy by bombing foreign countries... oh wait.

Never heard of hosting hunts while educating hunters and onlookers about conserving wild life?

How about going to a gun range and having children shoot guns while promoting gun safety.

No? Humm....must not be an England thing.

MERKA!

Swish
07-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Fox hunting is (close to) banned here, fox hunters say that too many foxes is bad for the natural habitat.... so by artificially culling them that's apparently good for the natural habitat. Justifications for killing animals etc.

That lion shouldn't have been shot, and I hope that a decent positive ruling is made to stop it going on.

dafier
07-30-2015, 04:03 PM
REALLY! OMG! I didn't know Fox hunting existed anymore. I know it was a HUGE part of the English culture at one point of time.

As for some of the bad stuff that happens in Africa, the poaching and illegal/legal hunting is least of anyones worries.

Horn of Africa, what a mess. That is all.....

Deliverator
07-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Fox hunting is (close to) banned here, fox hunters say that too many foxes is bad for the natural habitat.... so by artificially culling them that's apparently good for the natural habitat. Justifications for killing animals etc.

That lion shouldn't have been shot, and I hope that a decent positive ruling is made to stop it going on.

Yes, culling them (how exactly is a predator killing a fox artificial?) is good for the environment because we've reduced the population of their other predators in those same regions. Same reason the elk in Yellowstone are healthier than ever since we put wolves back in Yellowstone. The weak, sick, and injured members of the herd are culled by the wolves.

Why do people think that humans are unnatural? We are here, we evolved here. Everything we do is how we interact with nature, naturally.

Cecily
07-30-2015, 04:15 PM
having children shoot guns while promoting gun safety.

9 out of 10 African warlords agree, teaching children how to handle firearms safely is extremely important.

http://i.imgur.com/wD5KDJ0.jpg

Ryba
07-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Don't let yourself be bothered with the non-thinkers of the world. They are but a waste of time.

If you can only describe your world in terms of polar opposites, you probably aren't the thinker you imagine yourself to be. There's nuance to this argument. It is broader than your illusionary world of Real Men versus The Yuppy Sheeple.

I can virtually guarantee I've killed more animals for meat than you badasses. Hunting lions is indefensibly retarded--but it is legal. Killing a protected one is illegal and it will get you publicly laughed at for your retarded hobby. That's how the world works. Nobody will actually torture his family, but if they do, that person can go to prison.

Shooting a lion is pedestrian. Paying to do so for a trophy head is depressingly shallow, but we are still on the right side of the law. Getting caught bait-hunting a protected lion (accident or not) and destroying its tracking collar is ridiculous. Ridiculous things get ridiculed.

Worse than being disingenuously outraged is being a weathervane for disingenuous outrage: lots of hand waving, but in the end, predictably contrary. Don't be so confident of the inferiority of the person you're talking to and I guarantee you your world will open up.

Pokesan
07-30-2015, 04:32 PM
only a good lion with a gun can stop a bad dentist with a gun

Slathar
07-30-2015, 04:33 PM
fuck this stupid asshole

Llodd
07-30-2015, 04:40 PM
only a good lion with a gun can stop a bad dentist with a gun

Just come out and say it. This wouldn't have happened on red.

dafier
07-30-2015, 04:47 PM
9 out of 10 African warlords agree, teaching children how to handle firearms safely is extremely important.

Capital response Cecily!

Big_Japan
07-30-2015, 05:04 PM

kid's got trigger discipline

dafier
07-30-2015, 05:09 PM

NO KID! Hold your hand here! You run and shoot faster! That's part of the game, DUH!

Kengo
07-30-2015, 05:18 PM
fuck this stupid asshole

You sound like all the babes I bring back to Motel 6.

Seltius
07-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Guy broke the law whether he realized it or not he will have to face legal consequences.

Now my personal feelings aside should he be threatened and his family be threatened? Probably not

Do I hope something bad happens to him? emotionally probably but rationally no.

As someone who feels animals should only be hunted to control over population or for food. I find his behavior abhorrent. I feel they should lock him away for a long time as what he hunted was neither legal or for survival.

Villide
07-30-2015, 05:30 PM
If you can only describe your world in terms of polar opposites, you probably aren't the thinker you imagine yourself to be. There's nuance to this argument. It is broader than your illusionary world of Real Men versus The Yuppy Sheeple.

I can virtually guarantee I've killed more animals for meat than you badasses. Hunting lions is indefensibly retarded--but it is legal. Killing a protected one is illegal and it will get you publicly laughed at for your retarded hobby. That's how the world works. Nobody will actually torture his family, but if they do, that person can go to prison.

Shooting a lion is pedestrian. Paying to do so for a trophy head is depressingly shallow, but we are still on the right side of the law. Getting caught bait-hunting a protected lion (accident or not) and destroying its tracking collar is ridiculous. Ridiculous things get ridiculed.

Worse than being disingenuously outraged is being a weathervane for disingenuous outrage: lots of hand waving, but in the end, predictably contrary. Don't be so confident of the inferiority of the person you're talking to and I guarantee you your world will open up.
You can safely close this shit down now.

Champion_Standing
07-30-2015, 05:41 PM
So how many of you would say that you now have PTSD because of this?

11bangbang
07-30-2015, 06:09 PM
would be hilarious if the OP posted a picture with one of his super hot girlfriends, in front of his multi million dollar house and 10 exotic cars after being called a redneck who lives in a trailer.

LulzSect
07-30-2015, 06:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/1yI1FuS.gif

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 06:26 PM
I hunt, I fish, I work in IT, I play p99, I have kids, I have a wife, I live north of the mason dixon line, I voted for Obama, I voted for Bush. But paint me in your little box that makes your small world view play out well in your pea brain.

The original argument I had more to do with Sport Hunting than this dentist from MN. The outrage is disingenuous.

Financially, the best use of most of the land in Africa is to host and house these paid/auction style hunts. It supports communities, promotes conservation. Most of the time the hunters are required to kill X amount of animals to provide meat/sustenance for the local tribes. These aren't the boogey men, it's not as simple as douche bags with money raping and exploiting underdeveloped communities.

But the issue with Cecil the lione has NOTHING to do with legal sport hunting. You're taking people's outrage of poaching and telling them they are against legal hunting.

Which is classic dipshit country american political internet crybaby posting. Good job op you are a greater faydark.

Ranndom
07-30-2015, 06:34 PM

This outrage is a sham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-EipE-ShA
Pretty much covers it.

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-EipE-ShA
Pretty much covers it.

So you impart your wisdom from felons? Yikes.

Make your own statements ffs this guy is ignorant.

Ranndom
07-30-2015, 06:57 PM
So you impart your wisdom from felons? Yikes.

Make your own statements ffs this guy is ignorant.

He got the ankle jewelry the other day because a couple years ago he made a video of him racking a shotgun in DC to prove a point, completely legal btw. The video is out there, go watch it.
Kokesh is a good man, And an extremely knowledgeable one. Go read his book, its free, watch his videos.
Not too long ago he made a statement to a guy
"I can't fault you for being lied to, but i can say its cowardly to avoid the truth when its in front of you"
And it applies to this world, this ignorant US populace for sure.
I dont care if you dont like him as a man, but if you dont have some sort of interest to hear what hes actually saying and what hes trying to do, we'll then you fully need to reconsider your part is in the US.
What you call wisdom here, is basic knowledge to the rest of the planet. Remember That

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 07:09 PM
He got the ankle jewelry the other day because a couple years ago he made a video of him racking a shotgun in DC to prove a point, completely legal btw. The video is out there, go watch it.
Kokesh is a good man, And an extremely knowledgeable one. Go read his book, its free, watch his videos.
Not too long ago he made a statement to a guy
"I can't fault you for being lied to, but i can say its cowardly to avoid the truth when its in front of you"
And it applies to this world, this ignorant US populace for sure.
I dont care if you dont like him as a man, but if you dont have some sort of interest to hear what hes actually saying and what hes trying to do, we'll then you fully need to reconsider your part is in the US.
What you call wisdom here, is basic knowledge to the rest of the planet. Remember That

As long as people's outrage gets money donated to good causes the it's a win.. In the first 30 seconds he says that and shrugs it off like its nothing.

I'm an adult. I'm not impressed with this mans childish arguments or epiphanys.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/53890017.jpg

Patriam1066
07-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Sport hunting is irrelevant. Africans are poaching animals in record numbers to sell ivory and rhino horn to Chinese buyers.

https://www.awf.org/campaigns/poaching-infographic/

I love the outrage. This shit has been happening for years. Too bad a white guy from a flyover state wasn't the one to kill off all of those animals. You guys might've actually given a damn

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Sport hunting is irrelevant. Africans are poaching animals in record numbers to sell ivory and rhino horn to Chinese buyers.

https://www.awf.org/campaigns/poaching-infographic/

I love the outrage. This shit has been happening for years. Too bad a white guy from a flyover state wasn't the one to kill off all of those animals. You guys might've actually given a damn

Hey, anti poaching is getting record donations. But you wanna be outraged by outrage? Yall priorities indicate you fit in well on an elf sim forum huehue

Ranndom
07-30-2015, 07:28 PM
As long as people's outrage gets money donated to good causes the it's a win.. In the first 30 seconds he says that and shrugs it off like its nothing.

I'm an adult. I'm not impressed with this mans childish arguments or epiphanys.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/53890017.jpg

Red cross was donated 500 million for haiti relief after the earthquake.....to this day only 3 houses were built by red cross and the money disappeared. Not a single trace.
Obama has tripled the nations debt that had come about with every other president...Trillions on trillions of dollars. Thats your "donated for a good cause" taxes.
This story is no different. Any money that goes to anything Cecil related will end up in the hands of warlords and become weapons and ammunition as any US donations to africa have done. Every dollar spent is another broken family there.
He shrugs it off because he knows how much BS this story is. A man shot and killed an animal, which happens every damn day hundreds of times, and is also the natural way of things...And now his life is being threatened because of it.
Might as well have a homeless guy threaten you for going to work.
This story is being overplayed, and over hyped as a distraction. Distraction from what? who knows, keep paying attention to politics.
Tell you what though, im 20, and im saying Grow Up to you, ignorance is childish. But not only Grow up, but to Wake Up aswell, Realize whats going on in the world around you and get out of the bubble.

Ranndom
07-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Hey, anti poaching is getting record donations. But you wanna be outraged by outrage? Yall priorities indicate you fit in well on an elf sim forum huehue

You know where that money is going to end up? In the hands of Warlords...Go look up all the good deeds donations to Africa from the US have caused.

Swish
07-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Red cross was donated 500 million for haiti relief after the earthquake.....to this day only 3 houses were built by red cross and the money disappeared. Not a single trace.
Obama has tripled the nations debt that had come about with every other president...Trillions on trillions of dollars. Thats your "donated for a good cause" taxes.
This story is no different. Any money that goes to anything Cecil related will end up in the hands of warlords and become weapons and ammunition as any US donations to africa have done. Every dollar spent is another broken family there.
He shrugs it off because he knows how much BS this story is. A man shot and killed an animal, which happens every damn day hundreds of times, and is also the natural way of things...And now his life is being threatened because of it.
Might as well have a homeless guy threaten you for going to work.
This story is being overplayed, and over hyped as a distraction. Distraction from what? who knows, keep paying attention to politics.
Tell you what though, im 20, and im saying Grow Up to you, ignorance is childish. But not only Grow up, but to Wake Up aswell, Realize whats going on in the world around you and get out of the bubble.

It's all sitting in high interest bank accounts making more slowly slowly... which is no good to anyone really.

Patriam1066
07-30-2015, 07:35 PM

Let's ban all immigration because one Mexican killed the Steinle girl in California. Clearly, it wasn't the action of one idiot, it was a sign tha all Mexicans suck!

Let's ban guns. Guns kill people. Never mind that guns are the only protection that rural (and even some urban communities) have against crime, let's ban them becauE of shootings.

Let's all get mad at a white dentist for poaching. Even though Africans and Chinese fuel the primary considerations for poaching, let's make this about white rednecks and the flyover states.

I'm "outraged" at the outrage because you guys can't even perceive how easily you're steered to make simplistic conclusions about complicated issues. If I have to hear one more time about how evil Mexicans are, despite how ducking hard they work, because of that one piece of shit in San Francisco, I'm going to explode. I feel the same way about this. You guys don't give a fuck. You're disingenuous sheeple who hate hunting and rednecks so you became activists. And by activists, I mean a person who has done zero for conservation except the bare minimum, which was to post on those elf sim forums you mentioned.

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 07:40 PM

Dude im sorry, but are you 16 yeras old? these are revilations I made when i was a teenager, and revilations every teenager makes.

In reality red cross does not control all charitable organizations...

A lot of people are donating to: https://awionline.org/cart#.VbkEaV23sZo.facebook

which scores very highly on charity navigator.

A lot of other people are donating to many of the myriad of anti poaching groups all over the world.

did you know there are websites like charity navigator that tell you exactly where your donations go? and that people use these websites? I'm not the kind of person that can stand ignorance so unfortunately I'm not holding your hand telling you about how much you can actually do, if you look at the bright side of life.

But seriously, your views are weak and childish and you should not assume the world is as horrible as Hollywood makes it out to be.

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 07:42 PM
You know where that money is going to end up? In the hands of Warlords...Go look up all the good deeds donations to Africa from the US have caused.

http://cdn4.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

Pokesan
07-30-2015, 07:42 PM
Let's all get mad at a white dentist for poaching. Even though Africans and Chinese fuel the primary considerations for poaching, let's make this about white rednecks and the flyover states.

speeding ticket defense. "but other people were doing it too officer!"

you are mentally incontinent.

iruinedyourday
07-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Let's ban all immigration because one Mexican killed the Steinle girl in California.

patriam did I say anything about immigration?

You cant say that me saying you are an idiot for being outraged over outrage in this instance has Anything to do with ANY other topic.

are you fucking crazy?

Lojik
07-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Dentist just delivering Lion meat to Halas?

Cecily
07-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Poor guy just wanted to twink his ranger alt for Velious.

http://i.imgur.com/qUhaEqt.png

Destron
07-30-2015, 09:54 PM

I like this.

Destron
07-30-2015, 10:59 PM
Lion killers daughter has her own business, here is some snippets from her yalp page.

http://i.imgur.com/F7YydaJ.png

Swish
07-31-2015, 04:47 AM
Just come out and say it. This wouldn't have happened on red.

The solution is looking to be found within a legal framework...rules upon rules upon rules. Blue server couldn't effectively deal with this situation.

Pass a law, who cares? Not the hunters. Just makes them even more careful.

Samoht
07-31-2015, 09:28 AM
Swish, do some research. The money that is raised through these hunts is put toward conservation.

That seems like a bold statement that's contrary to common sense. Can you please post a link to any evidence you have that shows that the money this jackass poacher spent on his hunt went to conservation and not to fund his guides ivory mansion on the Savannah?

dafier
07-31-2015, 09:35 AM
Liking something, a point of view that is skewed, and liking something a person responded to, yet didn't read and understand before responding shows even more ignorance.

WOO! Go go moron rangers!

Destron
07-31-2015, 09:43 AM
"Namibia offers one illustration. In 1996, Namibia enacted landmark legislation that gave tribal communities — who previously had limited rights to resources on communal lands — the ability manage and directly benefit from their wildlife. The rationale was straightforward: poverty and the lack of human development in the country meant that a conservation approach based on protected areas, law enforcement, and non-utilization principles would not work, or would be too expensive to sustain in the long-term.

Conservancies in Namibia quickly began striking deals with tourism companies. Many conservancies allow trophy hunting because it is far easier to get a hunting concession running than to build the lodges and other infrastructure needed for photo safaris. The fees paid by the operators go directly to the communities. The early returns prompted other communities to create conservancies, and there are now 79 conservancies that cover nearly 58,000 square miles, about the size of Georgia. Total land under some form of conservation management has increased to more than 42 percent of the country’s land area, three times that of the United States and one of the highest percentages in the world. Thirty-two of the communal conservancies are adjacent to or in key corridors between national parks, thus strengthening Namibia’s protected area network.

In 2012, the conservancies generated over $4 million in cash income and an additional $1 million in in-kind benefits (such as the distribution of harvested game meat). This amounts to more than $300 per person, a substantial amount in a country where over 60 percent of the population, most in the rural areas where conservancies operate, live on less than $1 per day. "

http://thebreakthrough.org/index.php/issues/biodiversity/killing-in-the-name-of-conservation

Incredibly complex issue where corruption and dishonesty is quite common. This most recent case with the dentist is a prime example.

Samoht
07-31-2015, 09:53 AM
Incredibly complex issue where corruption and dishonesty is quite common. This most recent case with the dentist is a prime example.

Nice backpedal.

Champion_Standing
07-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Lion killers daughter has her own business, here is some snippets from her yalp page.

http://i.imgur.com/F7YydaJ.png

Dentist = blood money.

Sounds pretty legit i can get behind that. Fucking evil dentists.

Ranndom
07-31-2015, 01:04 PM
Dude im sorry, but are you 16 yeras old? these are revilations I made when i was a teenager, and revilations every teenager makes.

In reality red cross does not control all charitable organizations...

A lot of people are donating to: https://awionline.org/cart#.VbkEaV23sZo.facebook

which scores very highly on charity navigator.

A lot of other people are donating to many of the myriad of anti poaching groups all over the world.

did you know there are websites like charity navigator that tell you exactly where your donations go? and that people use these websites? I'm not the kind of person that can stand ignorance so unfortunately I'm not holding your hand telling you about how much you can actually do, if you look at the bright side of life.

But seriously, your views are weak and childish and you should not assume the world is as horrible as Hollywood makes it out to be.

Revelations? Dude its straight facts. 500 million was donated to red cross. Only 3 houses were ever built by the red cross, and the money vanished. Nothing is being revealed here to anyone who actually gives a damn. Its just basic facts.

Samoht
07-31-2015, 01:20 PM
Revelations? Dude its straight facts. 500 million was donated to red cross. Only 3 houses were ever built by the red cross, and the money vanished. Nothing is being revealed here to anyone who actually gives a damn. Its just basic facts.

You're an idiot. The Red Cross does not build homes. You must have them confused for habitat or someone else. They did build 6 houses in Haiti as a pilot that they did not move forward with, but they provided shelter and relief to thousands of other people on the island. That is their scope. Not permanent homes.

MEGANS LAW
07-31-2015, 01:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/z6JfblY.jpg

quido
07-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Sports?

Destron
07-31-2015, 03:10 PM
Nice backpedal.

After citing exactly what you asked for. You're a real gem.

Samoht
07-31-2015, 03:30 PM
After citing exactly what you asked for. You're a real gem.

What I asked for? This is what I asked for:

Can you please post a link to any evidence you have that shows that the money this jackass poacher spent on his hunt went to conservation and not to fund his guides ivory mansion on the Savannah?

Instead, you pasted some random blurb about Namibia (this occurred in Zimbabwe, not Namibia) and left yourself an out. That's called a back pedal.

I'm still waiting to any proof you might have that shows how this guide is going to use the money paid to him for conservation as you so boldly assumed and not towards building his own ivory mansion in the Savannah.

iruinedyourday
07-31-2015, 04:07 PM
Yea destron I'm ok with legal hunting but this instance is poaching.. Why does that rustle you? You're a poacher?

Cecily
07-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Probably RMTer too. That's exactly like poaching.

Destron
07-31-2015, 04:22 PM
My argument wasn't even in reference to this dentist. Also Sam, I didn't say that this guys instance had anything to do with conservation. I was referring to most trophy hunts that go on legally.

Samoht
07-31-2015, 04:27 PM
You have several posts in this thread that either directly reference the dentist that poached the lion in Zimbabwe or you indirectly eluded to it. For example, the first post says "This outrage is a sham."

If the outrage you're referring to is not the outrage over the death of Cecil the lion, which outrage are you referring to?

Champion_Standing
07-31-2015, 05:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/z6JfblY.jpg

lol'd

Champion_Standing
07-31-2015, 05:38 PM
If EQ taught me anything, named lions should always be killed.

Destron
07-31-2015, 11:19 PM
People moved this argument toward Cecil. If you truly have an issue with the killing of Lions, you should be angry at the countries that condone it. It's misplaced rage that is costing a man his life for what he thought was a legal kill.

It's like being angry that drugs exist and having a witch hunt for a single guy buying a single bag of weed. Be angry at the Cartels, better yet, be angry at the countries who allow it to happen.

Pokesan
07-31-2015, 11:22 PM
People moved this argument toward Cecil. If you truly have an issue with the killing of Lions, you should be angry at the countries that condone it. It's misplaced rage that is costing a man his life for what he thought was a legal kill.

It's like being angry that drugs exist and having a witch hunt for a single guy buying a single bag of weed. Be angry at the Cartels, better yet, be angry at the countries who allow it to happen.

heh. a news story happened. guess i'll be contrary as fuck about it so i can feel like the smartest guy in the room.

Samoht
07-31-2015, 11:39 PM
People moved this argument toward Cecil.

This outrage is a sham.

If the outrage you're referring to is not the outrage over the death of Cecil the lion, which outrage are you referring to?

Aviann
08-01-2015, 01:27 AM
If EQ taught me anything, named lions should always be killed.

oh man I just laughed so fucking hard, thanks man... lol

applesauce25r624
08-01-2015, 02:17 AM
what would Snoop Lion say about this?

Ranndom
08-01-2015, 11:31 AM
You're an idiot. The Red Cross does not build homes. You must have them confused for habitat or someone else. They did build 6 houses in Haiti as a pilot that they did not move forward with, but they provided shelter and relief to thousands of other people on the island. That is their scope. Not permanent homes.

The red cross came out and stated they were going to build neighborhoods.....After the homes were built, red cross completely abandoned haiti. They packed up and left. No relief, no nothing.

Thiefboy777
08-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Lions are racist murderers, just ask the antelope, buffalo, and zebra that live in constant fear in Africa.

Samoht
08-01-2015, 11:47 AM
The red cross came out and stated they were going to build neighborhoods.....After the homes were built, red cross completely abandoned haiti. They packed up and left. No relief, no nothing.

Not true at all. Like I said before, the Red Cross does not build homes. They tried a pilot program in Haiti where they started a few, but the builders were too slow and it was not effective. Instead, they provided relief and shelter in other forms than permanent homes.

Quit listening to rightwing nutjobs like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh that try to tell you what to think. They're both habitual liars.

iruinedyourday
08-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Just do some research before you donate money instead of throwing it out the car window and congratulating yourself and you'll be fine.

www.charitynavigator.org

It's not that hard. Random, stfu about the Red Cross. Nobody cares.