PDA

View Full Version : smedley quits DBG

Oleris
07-22-2015, 11:21 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/22/9019417/soe-founder-daybreak-president-john-smedley-steps-away-from-company

Bboboo
07-22-2015, 11:25 PM
cool?

Sriracha
07-22-2015, 11:47 PM
the creation has turned on its once master...

"I've also been swatted (multiple times) and had over 50 false credit applications submitted in my name and had to deal with the ramifications of what happens to your credit when this kind of thing happens. It's not good. And to top it all off they decided to submit false tax returns." - teh smedley

Sriracha
07-22-2015, 11:48 PM
recent photo of smedley leaked

http://dendaienglish.wikispaces.com/file/view/Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.png/268205664/353x262/Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.png

Pokesan
07-23-2015, 12:00 AM
lizard squad wins

fuck you smedley you prison rape endorsing piece of shit

fiveeauxfour
07-23-2015, 12:29 AM
so how does this effect velious release is the real question

Portasaurus
07-23-2015, 01:08 AM
so how does this effect velious release is the real question

I think it means that actually we time traveled back 3 months and Velious DID come out on the original timeline. The rafts have been working this whole time. People will get to iceclad only to realize Tiggles and Tecmos have been there the whole time for 3 months farming it by themselves collecting all of the server firsts, waking and killing the sleeper, cooking and eating its delicious sleeper meats and basically having all of the wintry dragon and turtle slaying and pixel gaining glory all to themselves!

Oh the tears...

Thiefboy777
07-23-2015, 02:30 AM
Ya we're screwed... Columbus Nova running the show now, they want money for the EQ name they bought not emu servers.

Jimjam
07-23-2015, 04:31 AM
I think it means that actually we time traveled back 3 months and Velious DID come out on the original timeline. The rafts have been working this whole time. People will get to iceclad only to realize Tiggles and Tecmos have been there the whole time for 3 months farming it by themselves collecting all of the server firsts, waking and killing the sleeper, cooking and eating its delicious sleeper meats and basically having all of the wintry dragon and turtle slaying and pixel gaining glory all to themselves!

Oh the tears...

When Velious is released to the rest of us chumps, those two get Luclin?

Swish
07-23-2015, 07:10 AM
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy314/peppercherry/layton%20stuff/haters-gonna-hate-gif-half-.gif

Haters gonna hate etc. As for P99, its still not fashionable/profitable to pull down emulated servers... look what Blizzard puts up with.

Roguejm11
07-23-2015, 08:42 AM
A sad day in my opinion. I am sure we have all posted a grief about John Smedley at some point in our Everquest game time, but he and many others were the innovators that created Everquest, he is a large part of the reason this game even exists.

I hope that p99 stays around, I hope that the current EQ Live and Locked Progression severs stay around, I hope EQ2 stays around, and I hope one day, Everquest Next is actually released(because Landmark is silly)

Kevris
07-23-2015, 11:58 AM
This is, quite honestly, a fucking tragedy.

Say what you want about him, but he didn't deserve to go out like this and the worst part is that the people responsible for wrecking his shit will most likely not pay for their crimes.

That jerkoff in Scandinavia they arrested? Suspended jail-term.

Thanks for all the memories, Smed.

pathius41
07-23-2015, 01:20 PM
It's a sad day when evil little scum bags like lizard squad get exactly what they wanted. Don't get me wrong Smed could be and was a giant dick a lot of the time, but no one deserved what he got from LQ and from gamers in general.

khanable
07-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Didn't someone deface his fathers grave for $5k or some shit after the Lizard nerds put out a hit on it?

Pretty fucked up, no matter how much of a wanker you are.

Hope the guy finds some peace.

Samoht
07-23-2015, 02:18 PM
I hope his prison cell mate likes him a lot.

applesauce25r624
07-23-2015, 02:27 PM
can somebody post a tl;dr version of this smedley/lizard/whatever situation/history, please?

Oleris
07-23-2015, 02:52 PM
can somebody post a tl;dr version of this smedley/lizard/whatever situation/history, please?

1) lizard squad takes down PSN during christmas (DBG still part of SOE)

2) smedley tweets out that he is upset

3) lizard squad finds when he is on a plane, calls in bomb threat

4) lizard squad does more bomb threats, gets his SSN/address. 100 false credit applications, threats towards his childrens school/family. ruins his parents graves by doing nasty stuff to the tombstone.

5) smedley speaks out again when someone convicted only gets a 6(I believe) month suspendeded sentence in a norwegian country.

6) lizard squad unleashes more fury

7) he deletes his twitter/reddit accounts

8) 1 week later he resigns, twitter comes back online.

Samoht
07-23-2015, 02:56 PM
4) lizard squad does more bomb threats, gets his SSN/address. 100 false credit applications, threats towards his childrens school/family. ruins his parents graves by doing nasty stuff to the tombstone.

+ filed false tax returns

MycahDavith
07-23-2015, 03:10 PM
I could care less if he made an unpopular joke about someone getting raped in prison. I would still care even less if he had gone to the extreme and suggested they deserved to get their hands cut off, or their eyes gouged out with a burning hot spoon... ( he didn't just to clarify )

He was angry, and tbh, he had every right to be angry.

But I guess its cool to just bash him, for a stupid comment, and exonerate the people who are the real criminals.

Cecily
07-23-2015, 03:21 PM
So what did he do to piss off a hacker group so badly?

Samoht
07-23-2015, 03:30 PM
So what did he do to piss off a hacker group so badly?

He figured out they were behind the PSN attacks at Christmas.

MycahDavith
07-23-2015, 03:31 PM
What a monster, he and his family deserve everything they get....

Swish
07-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Twitter really should be used with caution.

Champion_Standing
07-23-2015, 05:51 PM
This is why you don't talk shit on twitter you just hire people to take care of the problem privately.