PDA

View Full Version : A Little Miscommunication

Tupakk
07-19-2015, 07:29 PM
Enjoy!! and Remember DaP is a service and we don't tolerate trolls.

http://i59.tinypic.com/i357kp.jpg

Swish
07-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Just ask a different Dial A Port guy, someone else might not charge 100pp

That said, getting mad over someone who won't help you for free is kinda lol

Oleris
07-19-2015, 07:43 PM
those damn grill gamers

B4EQWASCOOL
07-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Some people feel like everyone should do everything for them. You found one.

Tupakk
07-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Some people feel like everyone should do everything for them. You found one.

Yeah he then went on to talk to me like a normal person. It was semi entertaining.

Pokesan
07-19-2015, 07:51 PM
typical BDA bullshit

Champion_Standing
07-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Sry OP you guys kinda look equally stupid here.

Rararboker
07-19-2015, 09:11 PM
In no way was op being unreasonable. He even said to relocate both characters to druid rings and he wouldn't charge 100p. I wouldn't even ask something like that if I didn't have both characters in position already.

It's like that guy in ec who ask you to transfer something for him. After he switches to the second character you find out he is in grobb and he is ruining to ec. Then he dies twice en route and forces you to sit around for 30 min doing nothing.

B4EQWASCOOL
07-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Sry OP you guys kinda look equally stupid here.

Did you read?

Cecily
07-19-2015, 09:56 PM
Never cared much for dial-a-port's monopoly on the porting industry. It certainly has to have cut down on unsolicited port requests to non-DAP wizards and druids. So in a way you're hurting anyone who doesn't join the union. Also infuriates me when I ask in ooc if there's anyone porters and some helpful idiot helpfully tells me just /who all dial. I like giving my coin to mains in other guilds, not just port bots.

Cecily
07-19-2015, 09:58 PM
But Dial-a-port is great though! Always friendly and excellent service! (Please don't hurt me).

Cecily
07-19-2015, 10:04 PM
For real though, if I give you 75p to 100p for a port... please port me immediately. I'm paying for your time and tipping you well. Don't waste my time by spending 5 mins collecting every person in the zone who wants a port. Alot of DAP scrubs pull this shit in OT / EC and I often just want to ask for my money back to give it to someone else who appreciates it.

Coffee
07-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Tldr

ctre
07-20-2015, 01:26 AM
Dial A Port has it's Place in the Eq world.
This noob does not.

captnamazing
07-20-2015, 01:34 AM
100pp is a pretty fair price. don't anger dial a port or u'll end up dead.

Big_Japan
07-20-2015, 01:53 AM
/who all "tell a port"

dont feed monopolies

milsorgen
07-20-2015, 06:04 AM
So.. I have agirl

Zoesha
07-20-2015, 06:16 AM
This guy's spelling is worse than Shinkos.

Jimjam
07-20-2015, 07:28 AM
The phrase 'Common People' came up so often I thought I was listening to BLUR!

Tupakk
07-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Never cared much for dial-a-port's monopoly on the porting industry. It certainly has to have cut down on unsolicited port requests to non-DAP wizards and druids. So in a way you're hurting anyone who doesn't join the union. Also infuriates me when I ask in ooc if there's anyone porters and some helpful idiot helpfully tells me just /who all dial. I like giving my coin to mains in other guilds, not just port bots.

A lot of the people in DaP are just starting and porting is a great way to make some cash. Also some of us use it as a way to gear our mains who are in other guilds. We arent just robots lol.

Cecily
07-20-2015, 09:15 AM
That's exactly what a robot would say.

Mojo24
07-20-2015, 09:52 AM
For real though, if I give you 75p to 100p for a port... please port me immediately. I'm paying for your time and tipping you well. Don't waste my time by spending 5 mins collecting every person in the zone who wants a port. Alot of DAP scrubs pull this shit in OT / EC and I often just want to ask for my money back to give it to someone else who appreciates it.

This

Also, ran to FoB for an arranged pick up and the guy logged off. I rarely use dial a port after that.

B4EQWASCOOL
07-20-2015, 09:58 AM

If you don't want to wait 5 minutes, then walk. For fuck's sake, they're probably saving you hours of run time and you're crying about 5 minutes so they can help others too? Think past your nose...

zanderklocke
07-20-2015, 10:16 AM
I thought when Jopp/Kodiakk created Dial-a-Port, the members were only allowed to ask for donations and not set a price?

However, I certainly can understand not wanting to do what that guy was asking for less then 100p.

dafier
07-20-2015, 10:19 AM
I had a really nice Dial a port dude evac me to EJ for 16pp. All I had on me. He was cool with it, but I did apologize for being lame.

Cecily
07-20-2015, 10:34 AM
If you don't want to wait 5 minutes, then walk. For fuck's sake, they're probably saving you hours of run time and you're crying about 5 minutes so they can help others too? Think past your nose...

If my taxi driver made me wait so he could pick up a couple more people going the same way to make more money on the same tank of gas, I'd be a very unhappy customer.

Dirtynads
07-20-2015, 10:36 AM
I thought when Jopp/Kodiakk created Dial-a-Port, the members were only allowed to ask for donations and not set a price?

However, I certainly can understand not wanting to do what that guy was asking for less then 100p.

To clarify a couple things no set rules were ever established when kodiak founded the guild, I then took over about 2 months into the project with only 4 or so members. We needed to find a model that worked for the porter and the "Customer". From that point I decided to let the porter decided what his/her's time is worth whether its a regular port or something a little more complex.

As swish mentioned at the start of the thread if one price does not suit you I suggest you try another member. Each porter is essentially an independant entity working within a few simple rules so that the community may have acess to a port or other services in one spot, instead of searching through the list of who all druid 29 60.

Have always mentioned in the past if anyone ever has an issue my door is always open and I take complaints very seriously even though we are not the most serious guild.

Uthgaard
07-20-2015, 11:19 AM
If my taxi driver made me wait so he could pick up a couple more people going the same way to make more money on the same tank of gas, I'd be a very unhappy customer.

This. Even Uber lets you choose carpool option, and costs less if you do put up with that shit.

Tupakk
07-20-2015, 11:21 AM

Alot of times we are getting multiple tells about OT ramp pickups some from HH or some from WW. Personally I ask if they are close and if not I will just make the loop. Others wait. I also ask if the person already sitting there is in a rush. Medding is also a factor. Just cause we get there and you hand us money doesnt mean were prepared to click instantly. However that is rarely the case.

Like Dirty said we take this very serious.

Tuljin
07-20-2015, 11:47 AM
This is a case of a nub not understanding that porters will happily do favors for you -if the toon is right at druid rings or a wiz spire-

The /tell exchange very quickly got lost in snarky aspergers MMO nerd translation

OP could have been a little more friendly to the nub who seemed to sincerely not understand how things work but I think the nub was very quickly offended because 100pp is a staggering amount of coin for a true nub

Pras Dial-A-Port - its a great service and a great way for people on their first toons to make some money

Kengo
07-20-2015, 12:28 PM
I've never had a problem with DaP, but then again, I'm not a cheap bastard either. I've also rarely been held up to wait for others. I made a mistake one time of taking a port from someone outside of DaP and he had me waiting in BBM for 10 minutes to get everyone else on the ride, even after giving him 50p. I don't think I've waited over a minute with DaP and normally as soon as I join group, they're ready to go.

That being said, you may not get these kinds of exchanges if your customer service skills were a bit better. Being direct with some people works wonders, but it doesn't work with all, especially those that may not be native english speaking.

Destron
07-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Do DaP members have to pay union dues?

Dirtynads
07-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Do DaP members have to pay union dues?

No we do not ask for guild fees, we will from time to time ask for donations for our monthly guild events or contest we will hold for our members. For instance we are in the process of working on a guild cleric and lately any donations have gone towards helping to Level and gear this particular toon.

Deliverator
07-20-2015, 04:53 PM
I've never had a problem with DaP, but then again, I'm not a cheap bastard either. I've also rarely been held up to wait for others. I made a mistake one time of taking a port from someone outside of DaP and he had me waiting in BBM for 10 minutes to get everyone else on the ride, even after giving him 50p. I don't think I've waited over a minute with DaP and normally as soon as I join group, they're ready to go.

That being said, you may not get these kinds of exchanges if your customer service skills were a bit better. Being direct with some people works wonders, but it doesn't work with all, especially those that may not be native english speaking.

I really thing the biggest problem here is the guy in question was a communist and believes heavily in everything being done for the "common" good. Meaning if he isn't getting a benefit from it then it isn't for the common good LOL.