PDA

View Full Version : Ryantwin20 gets in trouble for scamming RMTers.

Secrets
07-18-2015, 05:40 PM
From a popular plat selling website...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NeRpXHK4A4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZw4UMu31E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLFYh4WF94
https://www.facebook.com/<xxxxxxx>
https://twitter.com/<xxxxxx>
http://www.<plat trading website>.com/threads/15316...-MD-RyanTwin20
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=147092
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...xkK/story.html

Ryan and/or his brother Sean have been accused by members here of scamming under these aliases:

sean082387
Ryantwin20
Datbluelifedoe
P99platinum99
getter0803
p99blueforsale
chocolatechipcookie
chewbubblegum77
wayoflife2015
absolution
nestiicedtea
chicagobulls01
Plat4u
project1999platinum
blewplat
Beerp99
THHE99
theboss89
iloveeverquest
lockjaweq

And many more. If you've been scammed, PM me the username of the person who scammed you and I'll tell you if it's connected to the men above.

If you're taking legal action, I'll also give you any information and evidence pertaining to your case.

The scammer typically will ask to conduct business via Skype and will ask for payments via google wallet, as his main paypal account has been shut down. He will show you characters/plat/etc. in-game, but will never deliver. "

He posted a reply:

http://i.imgur.com/Yj8MX6H.png

Secrets
07-18-2015, 05:41 PM
I did my best to remove personal information of the guy that this plat farming/exploiting website has posted but if mods need to remove anything more go ahead.

Cecily
07-18-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm ok with him scamming RMTers out of money. Those people are the moral equivalent of virtual drug dealers, rapists, and murderers. Keep up the good work, Ryan.

Swish
07-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Facebook and Twitter lol, got that game going big

Oleris
07-18-2015, 06:19 PM
p1999 and boston globe article doesn't work.

Swish
07-18-2015, 06:28 PM
the ... is shortening them and screwing them up :/

Swish
07-18-2015, 06:29 PM
P99 one fixed.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147092

baakss
07-18-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm ok with him scamming RMTers out of money. Those people are the moral equivalent of virtual drug dealers, rapists, and murderers. Keep up the good work, Ryan.

Did you just compare buying stuff with the wrong currency to rape, murder, and drug dealing? Qualifying it with virtual doesn't help. Wtf is wrong with you.

Cecily
07-18-2015, 10:35 PM
I just threw that virtual in for a giggle.

indiscriminate_hater
07-19-2015, 02:34 AM
Did you just compare buying stuff with the wrong currency to rape, murder, and drug dealing? Qualifying it with virtual doesn't help. Wtf is wrong with you.

RMTers are literally raping the server. if you don't agree, you're raping my brain

Jimjam
07-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Perhaps he isn't scamming and the plat is just in a holding account waiting for the ban on RMT to be lifted.

Everything above board?

On a serious note, it sucks that people are being frauded. I appreciate they are breaking the rules of the server, but I still think it is lame to hold a real life vendetta over the exchange of fake pixel tokens.

11bangbang
07-19-2015, 12:41 PM

im not ok with that. people who RMT are not stealing, scamming RMT'ers is stealing, and there is nothing worse than some low life coward scum who steals from other people.

Cecily
07-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Well tbh, we're talking moral equivalents here and tbh thieves are kinda better people than those other types I mentioned RMTers are EXACTLY like.

milsorgen
07-19-2015, 12:49 PM

Did you just attempt to state RMT is anything less than abhorrent? Wtf is wrong with you.

Pokesan
07-19-2015, 12:55 PM
im not ok with that. people who RMT are not stealing, scamming RMT'ers is stealing, and there is nothing worse than some low life coward scum who steals from other people.

http://i.imgur.com/hLe3s44.jpg

Rararboker
07-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Ryantuck, in a way, is protecting the server by making RMT'ers nervous. He isn't the anti-hero this server deserves but he is the anti-hero this server needs.

B4EQWASCOOL
07-19-2015, 01:58 PM

wow... Just... Wow... You should probably go read about what murder and rape is.

jarshale
07-19-2015, 02:08 PM
lotta rmt supporters in here

Millburn
07-20-2015, 04:38 AM
https://soundcloud.com/user460920286/ryantwin20-more-psycho-in-modest-man-mumble

You're welcome

Smedy
07-20-2015, 04:44 AM

+1

Bazia
07-20-2015, 05:07 AM
i just bought a pair of bronze arms for 30 cents

strap me in the chair for injection boys

GnashingOfTeeth
07-20-2015, 07:16 PM
nuts. bet he wont be back on the today show lol.
kinda sad imo.. had a good chance at tv or reality shit.. blew it.

Cecily
07-20-2015, 07:25 PM
He had no chance. He was a fluff human interest piece intended to make the world look like less of a depressing nightmare than it is usually portrayed by the media, but the reality of it is he's an honest to god personification of that nightmare and made a good bit of money from it. Kinda like our own version of Walter White. You're an amazing anti-hero, Ryan, and I hope you can weasel your way out of whatever charges the RMT scum throw at you.

TarukShmaruk
07-20-2015, 08:05 PM
The RMT hate is always funny because it always comes from losers on disability and/or basement dwellers who have 24 hours a day to play EverQuest and can't stand the idea of Johnny programmer converting a few hours of his job income into ingame currency

Aviann
07-20-2015, 08:39 PM
The RMT hate is always funny because it always comes from losers on disability and/or basement dwellers who have 24 hours a day to play EverQuest and can't stand the idea of Johnny programmer converting a few hours of his job income into ingame currency

Hey, I'm neither, still fucking hate it. Your point is proven wrong.

Maybe we hate it because it will shut the server down? Or maybe its the countless of MMO's that we drifted to, from the original EQ we know and love, being destroyed right before our very eyes by talentless, no brained morans, who buy a bunch of gear and overpower the high end with lunacy and an ever increasing lack of social adaptation.

In other words, if you RMT, chances are you suck. If you don't suck, chances are you're just an asshole in general and can give zero fucks about anyone else on a game where making friendship and alliances is necessary to achieve greatness. If you aren't that, then why the hell did you have to RMT? EQ was never about insta-twink lvl 60's. Not on our timeline anyways.

If you can't understand any of the points I just gave you, stab yourself in the ear with a butter knife and try reading them again. If that doesn't work, give up and bow to your master... Me.

Aviann
07-21-2015, 12:22 AM
erudite alert. rmt is the most harmless of any p99 crimes. sorry you live in odus with food stamps and an emergency city manager while i'm flying to exotic locales, eating fish eggs and drinking shampagne.

gluck gbless faygate

You'd be saying different if you knew who Aviann, the white knight, truly was... Ingame and irl. But carry on with your random rendezvous. We shall meet eventually and you will understand. You don't need to pay money for awesome when you are born into the awesome, and you sir, have proven yourself undeserving of that birth through buying it... (not saying you did but carrying on lol)

Big_Japan
07-21-2015, 01:49 AM
RMTers are the equivalent of virtual drug dealers, rapists, and murderers.

rofl

what do you people think keeps this server alive and stable? rainbows and sunshine?

Furniture
07-21-2015, 02:26 PM
RMT may be harmless to the server, but my issue with it is it makes the game/server suck and makes real achievements in game be worthless. Why even play the game when you can just pay for whatever item/character you want? Might as well just go play wow or any of the other pay-to-win games. This game would be so much better if everyone actually achieved their items/levels instead of paying for it with real cash.

Furniture
07-21-2015, 02:31 PM
rofl

what do you people think keeps this server alive and stable? rainbows and sunshine?

unless your implying that the staff is pulling a derubael and would shut down the server if they didnt have an income from the game, I largely disagree with this

Rararboker
07-21-2015, 04:45 PM
I like how the people who defend RMT make baseless accusations that everyone against it lacks the funds to do so. Most of us could we just choose not to because we aren't pathetic. Make more sense?

Swish
07-21-2015, 05:15 PM
I wonder how high "RMT" is on the most used words on this forum, pretty high I'd think.

Duckwalk
07-21-2015, 05:21 PM
RMT incentivizes greedy behavior that poisons the server.

Instead of playing the 15 year old classic, experiencing the content and moving on or allowing others to experience it, you get clowns whose rent payment depends on making sure the casual player DOESN'T get to experience the game.

indiscriminate_hater
07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
You'd be saying different if you knew who Aviann, the white knight, truly was... Ingame and irl. But carry on with your random rendezvous. We shall meet eventually and you will understand. You don't need to pay money for awesome when you are born into the awesome, and you sir, have proven yourself undeserving of that birth through buying it... (not saying you did but carrying on lol)

watch out dude he'll fight you IRL

Big_Japan
07-21-2015, 05:35 PM
unless your implying that the staff is pulling a derubael and would shut down the server if they didnt have an income from the game, I largely disagree with this

so you don't disagree

Wrench
07-21-2015, 05:50 PM
saw the thread title and op and got excited for some good ol rnf

started readin and its just boring back and forth hyperbole trolls about rmt

know its been said before, but rnf so sad these days

TarukShmaruk
07-21-2015, 06:15 PM
I like how the people who defend RMT make baseless accusations that everyone against it lacks the funds to do so. Most of us could we just choose not to because we aren't pathetic. Make more sense?

Some people make way more per hour than they could ever make in game, so it's a pretty sensible transaction.

I personally agree with the folks that say circumventing your character progression makes the game boring - it's not all that fun to go through content where none of the loot drops are even remotely exciting.

Then again, I got my silver swiftblade with money from selling bone chips, so you're going to run into that problem no matter what really.

Anyhow I remember when I had a lot more time than money and thought everyone had to poopsock their shit just like I did or they weren't legit. Funny how that changes when you get older

Kevris
07-21-2015, 06:52 PM

Completely false chief. I am the guy who manages a bunch of "Johnny Programmers," and I think RMT is a blight on MMORPG's.

The effects of it ripple through every aspect of the game and any argument about it not affecting people who don't participate in it is cripplingly myopic. RMT acceptance/tacit approval leads to

Spam from shit-ass organizations trying to sell you in-game currency
Lockdown of transferable goods by people interesting in turning TunnelQuest into a job
Distorted/inflated in-game economies
Increased account theft
Far worse behavior at the high end than we have now.

Just because I have a good career doesn't mean I get all the pixels, and in truth: That's the beauty of it. This is Norrath, not Earth. My wealth in reality does not translate into wealth in the game and I shouldn't be able to leverage r/l success to get an advantage in Elfland.

And why would the people who run '99 want to deal with Petitionquest for people profiting off of their work as volunteers?

Kushie
07-22-2015, 12:51 AM
I can't believe this server allowed account sales for as long as it did.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
07-22-2015, 01:01 AM
I never see any reference to the amount of m being t'd. it cant bee that much. Give me some reference points you pathetic nerds.