PDA

View Full Version : Coming clean, because why not?

Pages : [1] 2

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Very much TLDR; you were warned. Preemptive R&F because "lol obviously." In the footsteps of Calabee and Nordenwatch before me:

I'm an RMTer! More than once, too. And I've brutally mistreated someone who I got to know very well ingame (and I guess everyone, less directly, via the RMT, except for the government, to whom I paid misc/hobby income tax for my RMT profits... heh).

Main characters I have created over the years on blue: Lectral Tearweeper, Belwig Bracket, Fischsemmel, Muiriol Haagesbarb, Namegen Isterrible, Sakkra Sssla, Bewkif, Tecmos Deception, Baldurs Gate, Solomancer, Goatbone, Bewkif again because whoever got the account after me apparently deleted that character, Igpay Atinlay, Bristlebard. And on red: Tecmos Deception, Unfortunate Son. That's mostly in the correct timeline order, though I may have missed a couple since that IS quite a few characters to have up to 50+. The only ones I know I have access to anymore are Unfortunate on red (who is actually in TMO for the next 3, 2, 1...) and Bristlebard on blue.

Lectral was my first character on blue, back in mid to late classic, and named after my main on live from Saryrn (a chanter). I made some buddies whose names I've forgotten who started me on the path of solo farming fun in lguk, soloing every mob in the dead side as a 50 necro back when lull and FD+charm mechanics were a bit different than they are now.

Shortly into Kunark my I got frustrated trying to solo outdoor zones full of people in hopes of getting 51+ spell drops for my necro, and I sold sacs to Stealin to twink a cleric with like 30k of gear.

Belwig ended up joining BDA after a mostly-solo leveling career, grouped some with them, and then I quit p99 for several months.

Fischsemmel was up next, twinked with proceeds of previous items and the sale of my old account, which still is active and owned by someone in TMO the last I knew. Leveled via AE which has given me radial tunnel syndrome, I'm fairly certain. In the late 40s I met Kelendil's rogue, Helki, who taught me about low-hp kiting. We were not the first to do this, but we were among the first, and we leveled in DL, BW, and skyfire (yes, we were awesome, we did low-hp AEing in skyfire with a rogue and a bard after normal AE groups in skyfire weren't doable anymore). I apped TMO, Kel endorsed me, I raided quite a bit and tracked a ton while not paying as much attention to RL as I should have, got some items, then sold those items and my account to move on to new characters (I was frustrated, thinking that I didn't have enough to do to keep me entertained on the bard... I really just wasn't nearly as good of a bard as someone like Zanderr so I never realized all the options I had, even solo, with my bard).

Then I wronged Kelendil. Grievously. I had some of his account info from our leveling adventures, and I stole some gear off of a druid that I believe was his after I disappeared to my next set of characters. I also hijacked his rogue's account, and more recently sold sacrifices of that rogue to fund my newest restart on blue after my Tecmos RMT that happened towards the end of last year. I was almost totally without a conscience, and the little conscience I had, I totally disregarded.

This is also the point of my first RMT I think? A few hundred k via richgirl, iirc, though I kept playing with half of my assets on the next characters listed above and never felt any repercussions from the RMT or the more heinous things I did to poor Kelendil. If you're reading Kel, I'd say I'm sorry, except that it's far to late to try to apologize and I doubt you'd want to hear it anyways.

I went through a rogue (who actually hit 60 eventually, and who was the reason I created my enchanter since it was such a pain to get through the late 50s being so reliant on groups), a shaman, a monk, and a shadowknight without doing much of anything on any of them except learning I didn't love any of those classes enough to stick with them.

Then, Tecmos. Yay Tecmos. I'm even dumber for not having made an enchanter as my first character on p99 than I am for all the other dumb things I've done on p99 combined. I love enchanters. I love them even more now that I've learned so much more about mechanics, zones, and the class by having played Tecmos for as long as I did. I made something like 2-2.5 million plat and decked out Tecmos and my next few characters on blue over the course of 2013-2014 before I RMTed everything through platlord.

I only stayed quit for like... 3-4 months though, before I tried a bard again on blue and gave up on him around 50 and then tried a cleric again on red. I quit again for a few months, then came back on red when summer started and joined TMO again (why not do everything I do a few times? I'm still playing a game I first played half of my life ago, after all).

I think that brings any of you who cared to read all of this up to date. I'm just a bit too busy IRL to play my cleric enough that I would be able to raid much with TMO in Velious even if by divine intervention they don't instantly remove my cleric from the guild. Plus I keep getting so frustrated when I play with enchanters or read about soloing on the forums that I really think I need to play an enchanter again... and if I did that it would only be a matter of time before a lot of people realized I was Tecmos anyways. And while I'm at revealing I'm still here and making a new guy again again, I figured I might as well give you all my p99life story.

It's been quite a ride so far. Here's to hoping I don't get IP banned (I'm too lazy to... oh, I just remembered I've boxed also, with most of my accounts here or there, sometimes for a xfer, sometimes actually to play, phone tether on laptop and desktop as normal... in fact I managed to solo low-hp AE pulls in skyfire with my bard by boxing my bard and a level 20ish druid, lol. And I think I almost got busted once, cause I was crossing EC on a character immediately after boxing a xfer in the EC tunnel and Sirken or another GM popped in right next to me but never ended up saying/doing anything. Anyway, I'm too lazy to learn about circumventing an IP ban unless my ISP changes my IP or something).

Hi to everyone I've really enjoyed playing with. Judge me how you will; I won't try to defend or justify anything I've done.

fischsemmel
07-16-2015, 11:53 AM
If nothing else, hopefully I'm not too ancient of history that R&F doesn't appreciate this thread.

Vanquisher
07-16-2015, 11:57 AM
come play with us on red in tmo pal, u are a good player

PVP Cleric
07-16-2015, 12:01 PM
I am on red in TMO.

PVP Cleric
07-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Well, I'm an applicant.

Swish
07-16-2015, 12:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KK4urGe.gif

Welcome on red, did you ever meet Sektor? I bet you guys could talk about some stuff.

JayDee
07-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Pluto should be a planet damnit

indiscriminate_hater
07-16-2015, 12:08 PM
in

dafier
07-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't go yet. Could you please give me the plat you have? I need it.

Lojik
07-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Lol

Pokesan
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
yet another tmo rmter

color me surprised!

Swish
07-16-2015, 12:14 PM
:
I'm an RMTer! More than once, too. And I've brutally mistreated someone who I got to know very well ingame (and I guess everyone, less directly, via the RMT, except for the government, to whom I paid misc/hobby income tax for my RMT profits... heh).

...ended up joining BDA

mhm

Itap
07-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Wondered what happened to you. How much $ did you make selling all your shit to richgirl/platlord?

indiscriminate_hater
07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Questions:

(1) If you could go back and do the RMT again, would you?
(2) If you could go back and do the RMT again without getting caught, would you?
(3) How much $$$ did you earn from the RMT?
(4) Did you know you were going to get caught for RMT? Did you care?
(5) What is your favorite color?

Samoht
07-16-2015, 12:17 PM
(2) If you could go back and do the RMT again without getting caught, would you?

Why do you think he got caught? He got his pay out and sold the account. He just can't stop coming back and doing it over again.

indiscriminate_hater
07-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Samoht this thread is for serious, go crap up some other thread with your pedantic bullshit.

P.S. you're dumb

Yibz
07-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Sup Fisch

Samoht
07-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Samoht this thread is for serious, go crap up some other thread with your pedantic bullshit.

P.S. you're dumb

Just because your question was dumb as fuck and full of holes doesn't mean you should flame me. Check yourself, madbro.

indiscriminate_hater
07-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Just because your question was dumb as fuck and full of holes doesn't mean you should flame me. Check yourself, madbro.

rustled

cs616
07-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Stealing shit from friends is unforgivable, at least from my perspective. For that I think you're a dick, but people in general are dicks.

As far as the RMT, I dont care and dont understand why amyone cares. I get that the project has to officially come out against RMT, but Ive never understood why they put so much effort into enforcing it as opposed to the myriad of other things they could spend their time doing to improve the server. If there is a supply and a demand for plat/character sales, and it is kept underground (e.g. not being done on p99 forums), why does anyone care what other people do with their time/money? Someone spending $100 to buy their character a fungi doesnt affect me at all, and clearly both parties in the trade felt they would be better off with them money/plat the received, so I just dont understand why some people act like it is some huge crime.

So ya, youre a bag of dicks for stealing from friends, but I wouldnt lose any sleep over the RMT thing.

Iniamyen
07-16-2015, 12:37 PM
I've only been here a month and I think I've already found my favorite forum..

PVP Cleric
07-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Questions:

(1) If you could go back and do the RMT again, would you?
(3) How much $$$ did you earn from the RMT?
(4) Did you know you were going to get caught for RMT? Did you care?
(5) What is your favorite color?

1 and 2 - I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I miss my stuff and characters and I don't feel GOOD about going against the wishes of the people who make p99 possible... But I can't say for sure I wouldn't.

3 - no comment.

4 - I assumed I would get caught, that's why my accounts were part of the deal instead of just my assets. Although some of my accounts (ones linked to me RMTing) remained unbanned as of like a month ago. Didn't care, didn't think I'd come back to play again. But like someone said, I apparently can't stay away.

5 - green

indiscriminate_hater
07-16-2015, 12:41 PM
5 - green

haaaa!

thanks for answering Qs

Rkahor
07-16-2015, 01:18 PM
And I let you transfer like 4 million off Rkahor! You sneaky bugger

Rkahor
07-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Didn't take it though so Fisch/Tecmos/Belwig/a million others I knew is A OK in my book.

Ele
07-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Fischsemmel?

We already knew you RMT'd 3 years ago.

milsorgen
07-16-2015, 01:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rT63ZQq.gif

milsorgen
07-16-2015, 01:29 PM
3 - no comment.

Oh that's just fucking bullshit.

Swish
07-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Someone spending $100 to buy their character a fungi doesnt affect me at all, and clearly both parties in the trade felt they would be better off with them money/plat the received, so I just dont understand why some people act like it is some huge crime.

http://media.giphy.com/media/GUiKSvedM5daE/giphy.gif

arsenalpow
07-16-2015, 01:35 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/GUiKSvedM5daE/giphy.gif

http://youtu.be/pUjh9Id6Id8

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Fischsemmel?

We already knew you RMT'd 3 years ago.

The Fischsemmel account was sold when account sales were still permitted, and I didn't RMT with that account or until after it was legitimately out of my control.

I'd be interested in hearing how you knew that I RMTed that long ago, or if you are mistaking me for a subsequent owner of Fischsemmel.

Swish
07-16-2015, 01:38 PM
http://youtu.be/pUjh9Id6Id8

The Wire needed much more of that guy, the odd cameo wasn't enough :p

Swish
07-16-2015, 01:39 PM
The Fischsemmel account was sold when account sales were still permitted, and I didn't RMT with that account or until after it was legitimately out of my control.

I'd be interested in hearing how you knew that I RMTed that long ago, or if you are mistaking me for a subsequent owner of Fischsemmel.

Wipe it before Velious... do away with all this.

Synthlol
07-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Stealing shit from friends is unforgivable, at least from my perspective. For that I think you're a dick, but people in general are dicks.

As far as the RMT, I dont care and dont understand why amyone cares. I get that the project has to officially come out against RMT, but Ive never understood why they put so much effort into enforcing it as opposed to the myriad of other things they could spend their time doing to improve the server. If there is a supply and a demand for plat/character sales, and it is kept underground (e.g. not being done on p99 forums), why does anyone care what other people do with their time/money? Someone spending $100 to buy their character a fungi doesnt affect me at all, and clearly both parties in the trade felt they would be better off with them money/plat the received, so I just dont understand why some people act like it is some huge crime.

So ya, youre a bag of dicks for stealing from friends, but I wouldnt lose any sleep over the RMT thing.

P99 is only legal because nobody makes a profit from hosting or playing it.

RMT threatens the existence of the server, and if the staff allowed it to run rampant, P99 would be shut down.

Tell me again why you don't care about it.

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi, Tecmos! Thanks for the mention. Although most of the Class C bards are probably better than me; those guys are machines with extreme patience. I can't even sit at a camp for more than 1 hour.

I always figured you got too busy because of the Detroit Tigers or your legal work once your cousin occasionally started logging onto Tecmos instead of you.

Coffee
07-16-2015, 01:46 PM
another dirty TMO whistle

nothing new

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Hi, Tecmos! Thanks for the mention. Although most of the Class C bards are probably better than me; those guys are machines with extreme patience. I can't even sit at a camp for more than 1 hour.

I always figured you got too busy because of the Detroit Tigers or your legal work once your cousin occasionally started logging onto Tecmos instead of you.

Lol :)

Ele
07-16-2015, 01:50 PM

Guess it was the homie after you then. No hard feelings. I still enjoy the rogue.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Guess it was the homie after you then. No hard feelings. I still enjoy the rogue.

It would have been better R&F if you had started playing dumb so that everyone started to wonder if you were an RMT kingpin and THAT was how you knew about my RMT.

IIRC some dude from Transatlantic Rampage bought Fischsemmel from me. Don't remember the character name or know if the account changed hands more after that though.

-TK-
07-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Last year this thread would have had 20 pages from the anti-RMT crowd in the first hour. 2015, people be like, 'yo tecmos, where ya been?' lol Times have changed.

Pringles
07-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Sad to hear it Tecmos, but it is what it is. I doubt they'd ever IP ban anyone, they always say people are welcome to come back as long as they follow the rules.

Deliverator
07-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Also IP bans are ineffective. All you need to do to avoid them is shut your modem off for several hours and turn it back on. Boom new IP because your old one was reassigned. That poor bastard can't play though.

Tuljin
07-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Someone spending $100 to buy their character a fungi doesnt affect me at all, and clearly both parties in the trade felt they would be better off with them money/plat the received, so I just dont understand why some people act like it is some huge crime.

Lol Swish beat me to it, this just makes my head spin

Good to see you Tecmos, I feel like an idiot for never suspecting anything. Then again you always seemed more into the game itself than economyquest so that's probably why lol

Itap
07-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Times havent changed, Tec was never considered a scummy player. Stealing from friends though, yikes

Corpsed
07-16-2015, 02:17 PM
You sound like a shitty human being, no offense. Someone vouched for you and trusted you and you fucked them over. Pure trash.

Tuljin
07-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah behavior like that adds a whole new dimension to the term EQ Addict

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 02:29 PM
You sound like a shitty human being, no offense. Someone vouched for you and trusted you and you fucked them over. Pure trash.

I can't take offense to the truth. I was shitty to someone who had only been friendly to me. I would do what I could to try to make up for it, not that I expect Kelendil would want anything to do with me now.

Alarti0001
07-16-2015, 02:33 PM
I can't take offense to the truth. I was shitty to someone who had only been friendly to me. I would do what I could to try to make up for it, not that I expect Kelendil would want anything to do with me now.

I miss Kelendil... hes been gone for soooooo long.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I miss Kelendil... hes been gone for soooooo long.

He was trying to get into Eve-Online back when I was still Fischsemmel and still with TMO. Not sure if he ended up there or what. Doesn't Liia know him? Or do they just have the same surname by chance?

cs616
07-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Players secretly conducting RMT does not in anyway threaten the server. Like I said, the staff obviously has to oppose it, but I would be shocked of sony/daybreak cared that a few people were making trades on a separate forum completely unrelated to the P99 staff.

How does someone spending $$ on a fungi affect you? I derive enjoyment from this game through progressing my characters and playing with people I enjoy talking to - someone I dont know wasting their own money to buy an in game item in no way makes me enjoy the game less.

The staff obviously cant permit RMT, but I just doesnt make sense to me that they waste time conducting sting operations and enforcing it so strongly when the only reason the rule exists is because we dont want there to be any profit that would motivate sony/daybreak to shut it down. I think the profit they are concerned with is more in regard to the server and not individual players. People RMT'd on live all the time, despite it being against the rules, and I never heard of a single person getting in trouble for it. As long as the staff arent running a big RMT ring, or charging subscription fees or something, I dont think the server has anything to worry about.

Its like drugs. I know theyre illegal, and if I were a cop and someone sparked up a joint infront of me I would feel compelled to fine/arrest them (depending on location), but there is no way I'd be sniffing up people's cars actively trying to catch people for it since it is almost completely a victimless crime.

Portsche
07-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Liia and a couple others.

Last I knew, Kelendil basically quit for good when Internode/Froovy got his account banned "permanently".

Destron
07-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Also IP bans are ineffective. All you need to do to avoid them is shut your modem off for several hours and turn it back on. Boom new IP because your old one was reassigned. That poor bastard can't play though.

Guys crazy, shutting off my modem for several hours? Think of the plat and exp loss.

Ravager
07-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Players secretly conducting RMT does not in anyway threaten the server. Like I said, the staff obviously has to oppose it, but I would be shocked of sony/daybreak cared that a few people were making trades on a separate forum completely unrelated to the P99 staff.

How does someone spending $$ on a fungi affect you? I derive enjoyment from this game through progressing my characters and playing with people I enjoy talking to - someone I dont know wasting their own money to buy an in game item in no way makes me enjoy the game less.

The staff obviously cant permit RMT, but I just doesnt make sense to me that they waste time conducting sting operations and enforcing it so strongly when the only reason the rule exists is because we dont want there to be any profit that would motivate sony/daybreak to shut it down. I think the profit they are concerned with is more in regard to the server and not individual players. People RMT'd on live all the time, despite it being against the rules, and I never heard of a single person getting in trouble for it. As long as the staff arent running a big RMT ring, or charging subscription fees or something, I dont think the server has anything to worry about.

Its like drugs. I know theyre illegal, and if I were a cop and someone sparked up a joint infront of me I would feel compelled to fine/arrest them (depending on location), but there is no way I'd be sniffing up people's cars actively trying to catch people for it since it is almost completely a victimless crime.

Other than incentivizing people to lock down limited content for a paycheck, it doesn't affect anyone else playing here at all.

Coffee
07-16-2015, 03:01 PM
if blue would stop allowing item recharging

majority of these basement dwelling solo challenge artists wouldnt be able to profit

Itap
07-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Threads like this are probably not a good idea. Daybreak does not need to know that people are making money off their game with them getting a piece of the pie

cs616
07-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Other than incentivizing people to lock down limited content for a paycheck, it doesn't affect anyone else playing here at all.

The incentive to lock down camps exists with or without RMT. VP has been locked down for 3+ years, and almost all of that loot is no-drop. Tranix is classic and perpetually locked down as well. Every try getting the frenzy camp? That shit has been perpetually camped since the server started and just the other week there was a RnF over it. Whether RMT, twinking alts, having millions of plat in the bank, stuff is going to get locked down regardless. I personally would never spend real money on everquest, but I also dont think there is any issue with people who would, nor do I think people doing it is a detriment to the server.

Swish
07-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Threads like this are probably not a good idea. Daybreak does not need to know that people are making money off their game with them getting a piece of the pie

Judging by the amount of crate keys people are buying for H1Z1 I think this is a drop in the ocean.

Ella`Ella
07-16-2015, 03:11 PM

majority of these basement dwelling solo challenge artists wouldnt be able to profit

Really just need 1 donal's bp and a 2 monk accounts with an IP exemption to be rich as fuck on blue.

Swish
07-16-2015, 03:13 PM

I had a lot of respect for the solo artist challenge thread til I saw Daldaen with his "so you use a puppet string charge here" type posts.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 04:01 PM
I had a lot of respect for the solo artist challenge thread til I saw Daldaen with his "so you use a puppet string charge here" type posts.

It's impossible for a shaman to solo sebilite protector without something like that. Did that make it less interesting to read about Svenn doing it, knowing that he only accomplished it because of a ridiculous item? Of course not. Just like it doesn't make it less fun to use charm, AE kite, or do any of the other silly things that were possible in classic EQ and that are better understood and more prevalent here.

There aren't very many solo challenge artists. There are a lot of people who farm NG with their 60 ench and still manage to die there though. Do you think somebody like me or Greeny or Svenn or Daldaen wouldn't be able to solo effectively in difficult areas just because we don't have a WC cap?

Those clickies save time, but they don't make much possible that isn't possible already. 95% of the nameds I killed with Tecmos on blue were done with no clickies at all, and probably half the time I did use a clicky it was cause it was simpler, not because it was necessary. I streamed myself in shit gear killing nameds in HS north at level 52 on red, where not only can you not recharge clickies, but they don't have instant cast times even if you want to use them. South would have been done just as easily once I was 60.

Soloing SAC-type stuff is about preparation, knowledge, and (especially) persistence... not about clickies. Thinking it's about the clickies just means you don't really understand how it all works.

Tiggles
07-16-2015, 04:01 PM
None of this is a surprise.

I always said you that you were dirty because no one in there right mind farms millions of plat just to buy rots from TMO.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Comments like that are why I want to make another enchanter. Stream myself soloing shit naked, (foolishly) hoping to shut up people who try to explain others' success away rather than figuring it out and getting that success for themselves too.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 04:03 PM

I always said you that you were dirty because no one in there right mind farms millions of plat just to buy rots from TMO.

That staff was fun! I wouldn't buy it again though. Such a trying to find a sub-50 pet in most of the places that are worth hanging out :)

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 04:13 PM

Farming plat is much easier than raiding on this server.

Both require commitment of time, and perhaps farming plat for raid items might take even more time than earning items while raiding. However, one can be done entirely at one's own leisure.

Pint
07-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Rmt is w/e but stripping a friends character and out right stealing an account from him is fucked. You are a bad person irl = \

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 04:28 PM
I know :-/

Destron
07-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Tiggles is a prophet, always ahead of the curve.

Tuljin
07-16-2015, 04:38 PM
There aren't very many solo challenge artists. There are a lot of people who farm NG with their 60 ench and still manage to die there though.

Lol so true

Easy to lock down "raid" targets when you have an ever-rotating group of apps that are ineligible for drops bolstering your numbers and really making everything possible then a bunch of people that don't have to be good at EQ at all facetracking for 16 hours a weekend then you conveniently award drops to your inner circle

Some people wanna racetrack all day and act like they're all hardcore, then there are some people can actually play the game who want nothing to do with that horse shit

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Tiggles is a prophet, always ahead of the curve.

If he were ahead of the curve so much, you'd think he wouldnt have let me be the 3rd epic bard on blue only to quit promptly leave TMO and sell the character!

For real though, before I got this random urge to start this thread and I was playing my red cleric in TMO there, all those guys are a lot of fun. Except tortue and sentenza.

Tuljin
07-16-2015, 04:40 PM
If he were ahead of the curve so much, you'd think he wouldnt have let me be the 3rd epic bard on blue only to quit promptly leave TMO and sell the character!

Rofl yep that too lololol

Thulack
07-16-2015, 04:51 PM
I know :-/

obviously you dont care though because you still show your face around here. Is it just the attention you like and want to get? I mean its just going to people feel more sad for you but maybe pity is what gets you off. Its would be nice if the staff actually banned RMT forum accounts like yours and calabees just so people wouldnt have to be reminded of how some scummy(surprised thats a word) people can be.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 04:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGciuLuH8k

iruinedyourday
07-16-2015, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oBhx10F.jpg

Thulack
07-16-2015, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGciuLuH8k

Yep thats basically what this thread is. At least you admitted it. Now just go away so other people can enjoy P99. Thanks.

Coffee
07-16-2015, 05:16 PM
It's impossible for a shaman to solo sebilite protector without something like that. Did that make it less interesting to read about Svenn doing it, knowing that he only accomplished it because of a ridiculous item? Of course not. Just like it doesn't make it less fun to use charm, AE kite, or do any of the other silly things that were possible in classic EQ and that are better understood and more prevalent here.

There aren't very many solo challenge artists. There are a lot of people who farm NG with their 60 ench and still manage to die there though. Do you think somebody like me or Greeny or Svenn or Daldaen wouldn't be able to solo effectively in difficult areas just because we don't have a WC cap?

Those clickies save time, but they don't make much possible that isn't possible already. 95% of the nameds I killed with Tecmos on blue were done with no clickies at all, and probably half the time I did use a clicky it was cause it was simpler, not because it was necessary. I streamed myself in shit gear killing nameds in HS north at level 52 on red, where not only can you not recharge clickies, but they don't have instant cast times even if you want to use them. South would have been done just as easily once I was 60.

Soloing SAC-type stuff is about preparation, knowledge, and (especially) persistence... not about clickies. Thinking it's about the clickies just means you don't really understand how it all works.

please look at me

cringe

Frieza_Prexus
07-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Keledil was a great guy.

Cut him a five digit check and all will be forgiven.

William_Munny15
07-16-2015, 05:24 PM
It's sad Nilbog and Rogean aren't allowed to make any money from the server other than donations, but dweebs like this guy get to, that's the true travesty in it all

Corpsed
07-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Keledil was a great guy.

Cut him a five digit check and all will be forgiven.

Good idea, do this, then come report back.

Iniamyen
07-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Wouldn't you be able to effectively make a better hourly wage picking up a 2nd job at McDonald's or something? Rather than RMTing stuff you spent days on for a few hundred$? Maybe the rates have changed since 2001.

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't you be able to effectively make a better hourly wage picking up a 2nd job at McDonald's or something? Rather than RMTing stuff you spent days on for a few hundred$? Maybe the rates have changed since 2001.

Hey Nordenwatch bought a car with his money. Ha

voni
07-16-2015, 06:00 PM
To think how I looked up to this guy and considered him to be a solid player and person.. I guess you really never know.

Deliverator
07-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Knew a guy making 6-7000 per month back on live in Velious-Luclin era selling accounts and gear...

Alarti0001
07-16-2015, 06:36 PM
When was the last time you RMT'd?

Ravager
07-16-2015, 06:46 PM
The incentive to lock down camps exists with or without RMT. VP has been locked down for 3+ years, and almost all of that loot is no-drop. Tranix is classic and perpetually locked down as well. Every try getting the frenzy camp? That shit has been perpetually camped since the server started and just the other week there was a RnF over it. Whether RMT, twinking alts, having millions of plat in the bank, stuff is going to get locked down regardless. I personally would never spend real money on everquest, but I also dont think there is any issue with people who would, nor do I think people doing it is a detriment to the server.

They locked down VP and sold the rots for hundreds of thousands of plat which is not no drop.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 06:49 PM
When was the last time you RMT'd?

Fall of last year.

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Fall of last year.

How quickly were you banned?

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 06:57 PM
How quickly were you banned?

I dont know, really. I haven't played Tecmos since fall.

Itap
07-16-2015, 06:59 PM
How much $ we talking here. Like, paid my mortgage $, or threw a pizza party $

Wrench
07-16-2015, 07:01 PM
yet another ateam rmter

color me surprised!

quido
07-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Tecmos told me it was enough to get a dozen eight balls of coke and 5 days in a motel with a $300 a day prostitute.

Alarti0001
07-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Fall of last year.

Did you already serve your time?

Itap
07-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Tecmos told me it was enough to get a dozen eight balls of coke and 5 days in a motel with a $300 a day prostitute.

But was it a Motel 6 or The W?

Madbad
07-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Damn Tecmos...sold your soul for pixels.

Swish
07-16-2015, 07:34 PM
http://replygif.net/i/629.gif

Itap
07-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Swish always comes in with the perfect gif

jpetrick
07-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Hadn't seen you on in so long I figured you had RMT'd off. You always had too much shit to just quit and let it sit there.

Madbad
07-16-2015, 07:49 PM
In all seriousness Tecmos, your behavior is similar to the behavior of addicts.

Take the advice of an internet doctor and seek treatment.

What are the warning signs of EverQuest addiction?

Preoccupation with EverQuest. (Thoughts about previous on-line activity or anticipation of the next on-line session.)
Playing EverQuest in increasing amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction.
Repeated, unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back or stop playing Everquest.
Feelings of restlessness, moodiness, depression, or irritability when attempting to cut down EverQuest.
Gaming longer than originally intended.
Jeopardized or risked loss of significant relationships, job, educational or career opportunities because of EverQuest.
Lies to family members, friends, therapists, or others to conceal the extent of involvement with EverQuest
Playing EverQuest as a way to escape from problems or to relieve a dysphoric mood. (e.g. feelings of hopelessness, guilt, anxiety, depression.)

Substituted gaming with everquest.

Man the worst sign is that you scammed someone who trusted you.

At least you came clean, next step would be to uninstall and never look back.

Good luck dude.

PVP Cleric
07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Did you already serve your time?

Not sure what you mean. I created new accounts+characters when I came back to p99 early this year and haven't done any more RMT.

Regarding the warning signs of addiction? I think that some of those will apply to anyone who does any given activity enough, but that doesn't indicate addiction. I also don't have most of those symptoms, especially in the time since my Tecmos RMT.

Uuruk
07-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Called this shit years ago. O doubt lorean or w/e right there with him

Visual
07-16-2015, 08:22 PM
I knew Fishmael was a bad seed

Corpsed
07-16-2015, 08:23 PM
What guilds were Lorean and Fishmael in?

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Called this shit years ago. O doubt lorean or w/e right there with him

Loraen still plays and is not banned, sir.

Uuruk
07-16-2015, 08:26 PM
Loraen still plays and is not banned, sir.

That doesn't mean he has a clean whistle lol.

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 08:26 PM
What guilds were Lorean and Fishmael in?

Loraen was in VD, led A-Team, and is now in Rampage.

Itap
07-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Loraen is now Raev on the forums, not really sure why he stopped posting under Loraen though.

zanderklocke
07-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Loraen is now Raev on the forums, not really sure why he stopped posting under Loraen though.

If I recall, he can't log into the username anymore for whatever reason. <Insert tinfoil.> Last post from that account was made over a year ago:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4600841

Itap
07-16-2015, 08:40 PM
I hope he has a clean whistle, love that gnome <3

Alarti0001
07-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Not sure what you mean. I created new accounts+characters when I came back to p99 early this year and haven't done any more RMT.

Regarding the warning signs of addiction? I think that some of those will apply to anyone who does any given activity enough, but that doesn't indicate addiction. I also don't have most of those symptoms, especially in the time since my Tecmos RMT.

Haha I mean did your accounts get banned etc.

Tiggles
07-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Lorean is 100% A RMTer as well just like most of A-Team, He is just a little smarter than Tecmos.

Tuljin
07-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Lorean is 100% A RMTer as well just like most of A-Team, He is just a little smarter than Tecmos.

Lol I wouldn't give him that much credit

Tenlaar
07-16-2015, 09:16 PM
So have there just been no GMs on in the last 10 hours to do the banning, or what?

Uuruk
07-16-2015, 09:35 PM

Finally one thing we agree on.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 09:43 PM
So have there just been no GMs on in the last 10 hours to do the banning, or what?

What banning? If Tecmos weren't already banned, I'd be online right now. Instead, I was making a new account to put a new enchanter on.

Sriracha
07-16-2015, 09:58 PM
come play with us on red in tmo pal, u are a good player

quality group :) got the drug addicts recruiting the rmters... interesting cycle involving synthetic euphoria and a desire to be loved by a father who wasnt there.

Uuruk
07-16-2015, 09:59 PM
quality group :) got the drug addicts recruiting the rmters... interesting cycle involving synthetic euphoria and a desire to be loved by a father who wasnt there.

Lol, qft

Susvain2
07-16-2015, 10:14 PM
this thread sucks and didnt deliver. your story is lame as hell Tecmos. Are you going to give us some details? Like amount of plat and specific $$ amounts? Some specific stories or details or something? You gave us no interesting information. All you told us was your life story on what toons you made.

i thought this thread was gonna be good at first, wow it was bad, cmon kid

quido
07-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Agree with Susvain - old news and thread failed to deliver. Juicy details could maybe salvage it, like how many days with the prostitute you actually spent.

Bazia
07-16-2015, 10:20 PM
susvain correct

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Thulack was as correct about me being an attention whore as the landlord was about Jerry being one... which is "partially correct."

But that aside, no more details for you guys. I just wanted all my characters and my few bad deeds out in the air before I tried p99 again from scratch.

This was more lame than Fischsemmel leaving TMO thread. I can't find that anymore either, was it deleted? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Tenlaar
07-16-2015, 10:32 PM
What banning? If Tecmos weren't already banned, I'd be online right now. Instead, I was making a new account to put a new enchanter on.

All of the banning. Forum accounts. New game accounts. Everything of yours should be banned, now and forever.

quido
07-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Stick to farming Howling Stones instead of making threads.

Itap
07-16-2015, 10:33 PM
You crossed someone that trusted you, that in itself should deter you from playing here now and forever

indiscriminate_hater
07-16-2015, 10:35 PM
All of the banning. Forum accounts. New game accounts. Everything of yours should be banned, now and forever.

lol. the man did his time. the dirty accounts are banned. i'd be glad to hang/group/guild with him, he's a better player than most of you idiots

TotallyLegit
07-16-2015, 10:36 PM

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Maybe they still will.

Champion_Standing
07-16-2015, 10:52 PM
confirmed scum

5 star thread tho

Mead
07-16-2015, 11:30 PM
It should bother you that most people with real jobs here make more money in a few weeks than you could have RMTing here for years. Go do something productive with your life instead of making another in game account.

Thulack
07-16-2015, 11:36 PM
lol. the man did his time. the dirty accounts are banned. i'd be glad to hang/group/guild with him, he's a better player than most of you idiots

Should go hang with Aaron Hernandez. I hear he is a good football player since you seem to not care about the morals that your friends keep.

Pokesan
07-16-2015, 11:52 PM
Should go hang with Aaron Hernandez. I hear he is a good football player since you seem to not care about the morals that your friends keep.

RMT is not quite so serious as multiple homocides, commish

Thulack
07-17-2015, 12:01 AM
RMT is not quite so serious as multiple homocides, commish

well where is the moral line then? Ok to hang with a rapist but not a murderer? What about someone who say swats people? Or someone that steals from RL friends?

Daldolma
07-17-2015, 12:02 AM
didn't read bc literally nobody cares

but i recall tecmos sitting in HS at weird hours, farming for insane amounts of time. used to think wow that guy must be lonely/possibly an npc

now i know he was a young entrepreneur

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2015, 12:06 AM
well where is the moral line then? Ok to hang with a rapist but not a murderer? What about someone who say swats people? Or someone that steals from RL friends?

i'd say the moral line is drawn somewhere above moving 0s and 1s on a server hosting an emulated 16-year-old elf simulator

Bazia
07-17-2015, 12:26 AM
comparing selling an elf pixel for 40 cents to a murderer

https://i.imgur.com/rmdSxh.jpg

Thulack
07-17-2015, 12:28 AM
comparing selling an elf pixel for 40 cents to a murderer

https://i.imgur.com/rmdSxh.jpg

Morals are morals. Yeah the crimes arent the same but the same principals apply.

salimoneus
07-17-2015, 12:29 AM
RMT existed back in the day, and Verant barely gave any fucks. Playerauctions was busy as hell and Verant hardly batted an eye for quite some time IIRC.

It boils down to time is money, so time trades or sells, it's just the nature of things. Try to outlaw the free market, and it will just go underground. How effective was prohibition? How's that "war on drugs" working out so far? Hard to blame people for doing what comes natural, for finding a way to work out a simple trade.

IMO this is a non-event, aside for the fact the the guy admitted to fucking over his friends, which is puzzling why someone would admit that publicly. Anyway who cares, he's just one of many douches that you will find on the server, and in life.

I do however agree that enchanters are extremely fun and challenging to play, and I would encourage anyone who doesn't mind getting ass raped repeatedly and would like to learn how to truly lock down a camp, to give the class a try. Tanks especially benefit greatly from seeing how shit works from the other side.

Pokesan
07-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Morals are morals. Yeah the crimes arent the same but the same principals apply.

only a cis lord deals in absolutes

Lojik
07-17-2015, 01:07 AM
Tecmos was it you that made the comment about jibekn saying he had $10,000 dollars in his bank account, and you said "that's less than my tax return"?

If yes, did said tax return include your RMT profits?

Also when will <Rathe Mountain Team> form?

captnamazing
07-17-2015, 01:54 AM
How does <Nomsanto Industries> factor into this equation??

1+1+1 = illuminati

Waedawen
07-17-2015, 02:43 AM
For what it's worth, Tecmos.

I miss you

-- Petros

Waedawen
07-17-2015, 02:48 AM
oh and I haven't read the whole thread yet, but If you never answer the question, "how much money did you make", you're a fucking hoser. I mean what the fuck kid, just answer the god damn question.

Pseudosin
07-17-2015, 08:20 AM
oh and I haven't read the whole thread yet, but If you never answer the question, "how much money did you make", you're a fucking hoser. I mean what the fuck kid, just answer the god damn question.

FOIA his tax returns, should be on there.

Tuljin
07-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Rofl first Lawyerquest and Frapsquest, now FOIA to get tax returns to determine RMT revenue

You can FOIA anybodys return? I thought it was only for government agencies?

feanan
07-17-2015, 09:18 AM
This thread makes me think there is a lot more RMT and dual boxing going on here than I thought.

Cause apparently the majority don't care, as long as you are "cool" or a "good player"

Bill Tetley
07-17-2015, 09:24 AM
honestly I always found you to be a mediocre enchanter... not surprised at all you cheated, rmt'd, and betrayed your friends.

maskedmelon
07-17-2015, 09:29 AM
How does someone spending $$ on a fungi affect you?

In the open world with a free market economy of P99 Blue, it affects players in a number of ways. Normally I stand unopposed to people employing real life assets to purchase success in a game. After all RMT vendors are essentially doing the same thing when they buy a coffee with the cash they've earned from RMT and nobody cares that their money came from selling pixels in an elf simulator with shitty graphics.

That aside, the RMT in a world like P99 Blue distorts not only the economy, but in-game demographic. Sure some places will always be more popular than others, but when people are deriving external benefit for their success in game, then popular in-game locations/items become that much more important. The long term implications are not so dire however, provided RMT vendors focus their efforts on accumulation of items rather than plat itself. In the end the effect would be a supply glut, driving prices down and making rare items more available. This would greatly benefit the 'experiencers' among us, but would miff the 'achievers'. Unfortunately, item and plat accumulation are not mutually exclusive activities and farming rare items inherently brings an influx of cash with it due to junk drops, which only exacerbates the problem with inflation.

Pseudosin
07-17-2015, 09:55 AM
In the open world with a free market economy of P99 Blue, it affects players in a number of ways. Normally I stand unopposed to people employing real life assets to purchase success in a game. After all RMT vendors are essentially doing the same thing when they buy a coffee with the cash they've earned from RMT and nobody cares that their money came from selling pixels in an elf simulator with shitty graphics.

That aside, the RMT in a world like P99 Blue distorts not only the economy, but in-game demographic. Sure some places will always be more popular than others, but when people are deriving external benefit for their success in game, then popular in-game locations/items become that much more important. The long term implications are not so dire however, provided RMT vendors focus their efforts on accumulation of items rather than plat itself. In the end the effect would be a supply glut, driving prices down and making rare items more available. This would greatly benefit the 'experiencers' among us, but would miff the 'achievers'. Unfortunately, item and plat accumulation are not mutually exclusive activities and farming rare items inherently brings an influx of cash with it due to junk drops, which only exacerbates the problem with inflation.

I'd normally agree with you, but due to the unique nature of p99, it'll actually drive prices up. By unique I mean money camps like Fungi and Tranix have been and will be camped 24/7 regardless of if someone is doing it to RMT or to gain in game pp. The demand for money camps, regardless of reason, is disproportionately high. Whether they are RMTing or not the same number of items are going to enter the server no matter what. I would say that supply is going to stay constant no matter what.

Scenario 1: If supply is constant, and you have a pool of players with legit pp as your demand, as long as both stay constant price stays the same.

Enter in the RMTer scene, you still have a constant supply, but now along with your pool of legit players with legit pp as your demand, you have an additional pool of players using either $$$ as currency, or buying pp they wouldn't normally have with $$$. Either way, your supply is constant, and your demand is now the demand from scenario 1 + the additional demand from the new group that wants to obtain via RMT.

Supply stays constant, demand goes up, price increases. So the net effect of RMT is that prices increase items.

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2015, 10:42 AM
I'd normally agree with you, but due to the unique nature of p99, it'll actually drive prices up. By unique I mean money camps like Fungi and Tranix have been and will be camped 24/7 regardless of if someone is doing it to RMT or to gain in game pp. The demand for money camps, regardless of reason, is disproportionately high. Whether they are RMTing or not the same number of items are going to enter the server no matter what. I would say that supply is going to stay constant no matter what.

Scenario 1: If supply is constant, and you have a pool of players with legit pp as your demand, as long as both stay constant price stays the same.

Enter in the RMTer scene, you still have a constant supply, but now along with your pool of legit players with legit pp as your demand, you have an additional pool of players using either $$$ as currency, or buying pp they wouldn't normally have with $$$. Either way, your supply is constant, and your demand is now the demand from scenario 1 + the additional demand from the new group that wants to obtain via RMT.

Supply stays constant, demand goes up, price increases. So the net effect of RMT is that prices increase items.

The economyquest is real. Seriously though, who gives a fuck about a sub-minimum-wage RMT payout? If you're that rustled about it then you're basically admitting your real life is less important than pixels

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 10:52 AM
This thread makes me think there is a lot more RMT and dual boxing going on here than I thought.

I don't know what kind of absolute level of RMT there is here. I do think there is more than I expected there would be back when I was newer to p99 though. But there's also a shitload of accounts that are permanently banned because of it. Like mine.

"A lot" of boxing? I've probably boxed a total of 5 hours /played in the 5 years I've played p99 like it was a religion. Even if everyone on the server boxed that much, I don't think you could say it is "a lot." I don't mean to try to excuse me boxing, or say that other people should do it... but I don't think there is much going on, and again, the staff come down on people who they catch boxing.

Cause apparently the majority don't care, as long as you are "cool" or a "good player"

You're not still friends with somebody who has been a dick a few times in the whole time you've known them? Either you and some others around here have much higher standards than I do, or you're dicks yourselves :)

I don't expect Kelendil would start hanging out with me again if he saw this thread and was back in P99. But I think those of you who are heavily invested in me wronging someone who is not you are basically just fans in the studio audience at a Jerry Springing recording. But hey, I guess I did invite your judgment right from the get go.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 10:55 AM
And again, I can't believe how many of you believe RMT happens because people sign up for P99 to work it for an hourly wage.

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Wow, I can't believe the shift in attitude regarding RMT and account stealing. The server really IS changing. I guess it's time to cash in!

Hey Tecmos, what do you think I can get for all my stuff? Any recommendations on a site to use?

Thanks, man!

Swish
07-17-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't mean to try to excuse me boxing, or say that other people should do it... but I don't think there is much going on, and again, the staff come down on people who they catch boxing.

Those who do it mostly get caught. Some people are stupid. If we didn't have an awesome set of staff to suspend/ban people for boxing we'd be the same as any other emulated PEQ server

http://imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/07/17/Untitleddf013.png

Swish
07-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Wow, I can't believe the shift in attitude regarding RMT and account stealing. The server really IS changing. I guess it's time to cash in

Yeah I guess there won't be any more RMT bans, carry on...

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Wow, I can't believe the shift in attitude regarding RMT and account stealing. The server really IS changing. I guess it's time to cash in!

Hey Tecmos, what do you think I can get for all my stuff? Any recommendations on a site to use?

Thanks, man!

The only attitude that really means squat on here is that of the staff, isn't it? And their attitude seems to have been the same since forever: break the rules, suffer the consequences. The rules I broke meant ban ban ban.

I think I remember seeing that the only people the staff purposely try to keep from coming back are RMT bigshots? I didn't get the impression that selling out to the RMT bigshot would make me one also... but maybe I'm wrong. I'll update you if my new enchanter suddenly gets banned while I'm running back and forth from felwithe to kelethin doing the mail quest.

Uuruk
07-17-2015, 11:10 AM
The only attitude that really means squat on here is that of the staff, isn't it? And their attitude seems to have been the same since forever: break the rules, suffer the consequences. The rules I broke meant ban ban ban.

I think I remember seeing that the only people the staff purposely try to keep from coming back are RMT bigshots? I didn't get the impression that selling out to the RMT bigshot would make me one also... but maybe I'm wrong. I'll update you if my new enchanter suddenly gets banned while I'm running back and forth from felwithe to kelethin doing the mail quest.
You won't get banned again as long as you don't RMT.

Tecmos Deception
I doubt Odysseus's trick on Polyphemus will work on big Sirk.

Me: "I'm Noman, Sirken!"
Sirken: "Well ok. Since you're no man I guess you must be a god, and I won't fuck with one of those."

Thana8088

You are still currently enjoying this server that they work hard to support, so exactly what consequences are you suffering??

Itap
07-17-2015, 11:12 AM
You are still currently enjoying this server that they work hard to support, so exactly what consequences are you suffering??

The loss of level 60 characters with BiS?

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 11:15 AM

Lost or SOLD FOR COLD HARD CASH?

JFC.

Itap
07-17-2015, 11:16 AM
If you read bud, the characters he RMTd are banned banned banned

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Lost or SOLD FOR COLD HARD CASH?

JFC.

so what's up with the two druids in your sig? let me guess: "bought it before account sales were banned"

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2015, 11:18 AM
in before other pathetic, hypocritical excuse

SamwiseRed
It's blue so who cares? People RMTing so they can look better in the EC tunnel is not serious. If you RMT on red tho, I'll gut you like a fish.

Tecmos Deception

Thana's point isn't a terrible one. My characters weren't BIS after all my droppable stuff was gone, right? But yeah, bye-bye level 60, the name I loved, VP and sky and hate and other no drops, all the faction work I had done, obviously my reputation with most people of not being a piece of shit, etc.

If those aren't pretty big consequence, Catterine, then it should only take me a couple weeks of casual play to get all that stuff back right? To convince bongs to do xfers for me in the tunnel? Yeah, right.

Lictor
07-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Blue and red tmo admits to rmt? I am like so surprised.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Hey Thana. How long do you think someone else would be able to play one of your characters before all the people you knew ingame realized something was up?

Yeah. It's not like I was a recluse. What would a new owner have done? Fired up my stream with the wrong voice and totally different UI and playstyle? Somehow convinced all the people I knew ingame that it was still me playing, even though my forum account was mysteriously silent for MONTHS after posting several times a day for the previous 2 years?

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 11:23 AM
If those aren't pretty big consequence, Catterine, then it should only take me a couple weeks of casual play to get all that stuff back right? To convince bongs to do xfers for me in the tunnel? Yeah, right.

They aren't big consequences when you willingly broke the rules and then walked away with the cash.

I don't understand why you are back playing again AND throwing it in everyone's face that you can RMT and still play all you'd like. Honestly, I think you are hoping for an intervention because you just can't quit on your own.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Posting here since it seems likely a new thread would end up back in R&F anyway:

After playing on red, blue feels weird. 5x as many players, but so much quieter.

B4EQWASCOOL
07-17-2015, 12:01 PM
They aren't big consequences when you willingly broke the rules and then walked away with the cash.

I don't understand why you are back playing again AND throwing it in everyone's face that you can RMT and still play all you'd like. Honestly, I think you are hoping for an intervention because you just can't quit on your own.

I wondered the point of this myself.

Don't get me wrong, though, cool story!

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Being willing to risk and accept consequences doesn't mean those consequences are insignificant. Going to prison for 10 years isn't insignificant just because a white-collar crook was willing to risk that and accept, even if he did manage to hide some of what he obtained for when (if) he gets out.

zanderklocke
07-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey Thana. How long do you think someone else would be able to play one of your characters before all the people you knew ingame realized something was up?

Yeah. It's not like I was a recluse. What would a new owner have done? Fired up my stream with the wrong voice and totally different UI and playstyle? Somehow convinced all the people I knew ingame that it was still me playing, even though my forum account was mysteriously silent for MONTHS after posting several times a day for the previous 2 years?

Wait...so Tecmos's "real life cousin" saying he was using your account since you were taking was a break actually was not your cousin?

This just finally clicked. Bahaha.

By the way, 240K of that RMTed plat was earned through 40-50 hours of my hard work!

Sentenza sold me Shield of Immaculate for 240K. Snackies would only give me trak guts for Shield of Immaculate, but I never get rid of good items to get other good item. Unbrella wanted to gouge me 300K+ for guts. You agreed to sell me your Shield of Immaculate for 240K if I traded my first one to Snackies for trak guts...which got me my epic. Thanks, Senteza, Snackies, and Tecmos for my epic. Sorry that my plat got RMTed.

Daldolma
07-17-2015, 12:09 PM
zanderr confirmed rmt coconspirator

how deep does this rabbit hole go

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 12:12 PM
... even if he did manage to hide some of what he obtained for when (if) he gets out.

Saved a little behind to seed your next enterprise, eh? Good fucking luck.

Uuruk
07-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Wait...so Tecmos's "real life cousin" saying he was using your account since you were taking was a break actually was not your cousin?

By the way, 240K of that RMTed plat was earned through 40-50 hours of my hard work!

Sentenza sold me Shield of Immaculate for 240K. Snackies would only give me trak guts for Shield of Immaculate, but I never get rid of good items to get other good item. Unbrella wanted to gouge me 300K+ for guts. You agreed to sell me your Shield of Immaculate for 240K if I traded my first one to Snackies for trak guts...which got me my epic. Thanks, Senteza, Snackies, and Tecmos for my epic. Sorry that my plat got RMTed.

No doubt this guy is a huge RMTer as well.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Saved a little behind to seed your next enterprise, eh? Good fucking luck.

Nope, I explained my new enchanter is untwinked. That wad my analogy for being allowed to start a new account and keep playing.

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Nope, I explained my new enchanter is untwinked. That wad my analogy for being allowed to start a new account and keep playing.

Oh well, excuse me if I don't take you at your (dirty) word.

Thiefboy777
07-17-2015, 12:29 PM
What is your new characters name? Don't be a pussy, let the people know.

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh well, excuse me if I don't take you at your (dirty) word.

You are in Rampage a guild whose source guild RMT'd off the server en masse. I don't get the objection.

Samoht
07-17-2015, 12:45 PM
You are in Rampage a guild whose source guild RMT'd off the server en masse. I don't get the objection.

And you are a TMO, a guild in which 80+ accounts were banned for duping. Try not to throw any stones in any glass houses today.

zanderklocke
07-17-2015, 12:46 PM
No doubt this guy is a huge RMTer as well.

Good grief. By this logic, anyone who has played the game longer than 2 years and has a fair amount of items or platinum is a RMTer. I know that my net worth is insignificant to some of the people that have been around since 2009 like Jeremy.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 12:46 PM
What is your new characters name? Don't be a pussy, let the people know.

I doubt Odysseus's trick on Polyphemus will work on big Sirk.

Me: "I'm Noman, Sirken!"
Sirken: "Well ok. Since you're no man I guess you must be a god, and I won't fuck with one of those."

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 01:14 PM
And you are a TMO, a guild in which 80+ accounts were banned for duping. Try not to throw any stones in any glass houses today.

I'm not throwing stones dumbass. Just point out hypocrisy.

zanderklocke
07-17-2015, 01:18 PM
We're all bad people because we all got our Titanium Edition from the Pirate Bay...

unless you're just dumb like me and bought a copy on Ebay...

and then ended up getting it from the Pirate Bay because the 3rd disk was scratched.

Samoht
07-17-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm not throwing stones dumbass. Just point out hypocrisy.

Now this is what I call hypocrisy. Dumbass.

https://i.imgur.com/W6IEtkm.png

Samoht
07-17-2015, 01:21 PM
We're all bad people because we all got our Titanium Edition from the Pirate Bay...

If you've ever paid for EverQuest, you're entitled to download digital copies of the files. Not everything involving the Pirate Bay is illegal.

Pint
07-17-2015, 01:23 PM

God damnit zander, your platinum is supporting terrorism all over the world now!

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Now this is what I call hypocrisy. Dumbass.

Well you are kind of an idiot so no one really cares :P

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 01:30 PM
If you've ever paid for EverQuest, you're entitled to download digital copies of the files.

Haha this isn't even close to true.

pasi
07-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Tecmos - Had good times playing with you. One of these days I'll get around to playing your namesake on epsxe. Hopefully they add a static NPC that haunts HS South in your honor.

I know that my net worth is insignificant to some of the people that have been around since 2009 like Jeremy.

And never forget that, you broke ass bard.

Agree with Susvain - old news and thread failed to deliver. Juicy details could maybe salvage it, like how many days with the prostitute you actually spent.

You and Sticky been queue dodging my pickleball challenge. What gives?

Samoht
07-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Well you are kind of an idiot so no one really cares :P

Logical fallacy. Argumentum ad hominem. You're going to dodge the content and deflect by attacking me. Same old typical bullshit from Mr. TMO.

Haha this isn't even close to true.

Federal copyright law says otherwise. Take your misinformation back to red RNF where your particular breed of stupidity can be better appreciated.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Tecmos - Had good times playing with you. One of these days I'll get around to playing your namesake on epsxe. Hopefully they add a static NPC that haunts HS South in your honor.

Hey Mo. You know, I've never watched your videos before! Starting with Velks now though :)

What are the odds you'll play some in Velious? Are you still feeling bored of p99 until they do another server with accurate timeline?

Corpsed
07-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Uh oh, I feel Altari about to get smacked down by Samoht for 20-pages again. Don't do it boys.

Tuljin
07-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Its alright, he'll just bump his Blue WTS liquidation thread three days after getting burned

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2015, 02:16 PM
If you've ever paid for EverQuest, you're entitled to download digital copies of the files. Not everything involving the Pirate Bay is illegal.

young lawyer fail. stick with your overused sarcasm and deflection

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Logical fallacy. Argumentum ad hominem. You're going to dodge the content and deflect by attacking me. Same old typical bullshit from Mr. TMO.

Federal copyright law says otherwise. Take your misinformation back to red RNF where your particular breed of stupidity can be better appreciated.

You didn't have content? Nothing to dodge there.

You might want to revisit that copyright law.

Samoht
07-17-2015, 02:24 PM
You didn't have content? Nothing to dodge there.

Sure, there's plenty of content. You came in her ripping someone else's guild for RMT, when your own guild has been guilty of not only RMT, but MQ, SEQ, duping, etc. Then you throw the word hypocrisy around, once again ignoring the RMT from your own guild, hypocrite.

Please explain to me how this isn't a classic example of people in glass houses throwing stones.

But of course you're not going to address anything like that logically. You're going to deflect and call names instead because you're not smart enough to actually defend yourself.

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Sure, there's plenty of content. You came in her ripping someone else's guild for RMT, when your own guild has been guilty of not only RMT, but MQ, SEQ, duping, etc. Then you throw the word hypocrisy around, once again ignoring the RMT from your own guild, hypocrite.

Please explain to me how this isn't a classic example of people in glass houses throwing stones.

You are not understanding. I didn't deny that some players in TMO rmt'd/duped/seq/mq'd never have. You also don't see me harassing the OP for RMTing.
Maybe you need to learn the definition of hypocrisy? I used Hypocrisy in regards to Catterine who was a member of Old IB and TMO and now Rampage.. coming down so strongly on a player who rmt'd.

I understand your thought process is kinda slow and everything you view through a lens of TMO hate but this is pretty apparent here bub.

pasi
07-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Hey Mo. You know, I've never watched your videos before! Starting with Velks now though :)

What are the odds you'll play some in Velious? Are you still feeling bored of p99 until they do another server with accurate timeline?

I apologize in advance for the quality of the videos. I did them all in a 2-3 hour block on a day off. I'll probably do a few more zones before the server goes down though!

I'm not sure on playing Velious. I love the expansion from an environmental and lore perspective, but I think it's my least favorite major expansion from a gameplay perspective. If I do end up playing, it will be entirely due to my brother dragging me.

Once you stop caring about gear, it's pretty tough to get into Everquest. You realize that obtaining all this gear at level cap doesn't even really matter in game. Everything in Velious is basically killable on day 1, so you're basically just equipping yourselves to tackle the stuff more efficiently. What made me care to run the proverbial hamster-wheel on EQlive was that VI/Sony shit out content at such a fast pace. That was by far my favorite aspect of EQ in comparison to other MMOs - that the developers rushed semi-complete expansions. Even if the content was unpolished, you always had heaps of stuff to do.

I guess PvP gives a reason to gear, but I'm not motivated enough to level and farm again.

zanderklocke
07-17-2015, 02:38 PM
^ who is your brother in game?

Samoht
07-17-2015, 02:52 PM
I used Hypocrisy in regards to Catterine who was a member of Old IB and TMO and now Rampage.. coming down so strongly on a player who rmt'd.

Well now I'm coming down on you for coming down on someone else for coming down on another third party for doing the exact same thing that your guild has been guilty of. Take your shit logic back to your shit guild on your shit server and out of blue server affairs.

Btw, where is proof that Catterine was actually directly involved in any RMT? Just hypothetical, I'm not actually asking you to post any more of your nonsense.

Aviann
07-17-2015, 03:30 PM
Why do you two have to shit up every damn thread in RnF? Can't you just let us have one without your babbling involved? You guys so mad.

Teppler
07-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Lol you always seemed like a nice and pleasant time every time I encountered you in howling stones. Next will you tell us svenn was your partner?

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Lol, I like Svenn! No partnership though, apart from us during DS a few times when we both were feeling a bit too lazy to solo her :)

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Duoing DS, that is.

Bill Tetley, who are you ingame, again?

Teppler
07-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Was the money good? Could you have made better working a regular job?

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Of course. RMTing is a horrible way to try to make a wage. Which is why I'd never actually set out to play p99 with rmt as my intent.

But some people ignore me saying that because it helps them sleep better at night, being able to picture me as some fat, bald, highschool dropout living in a trailer park eith my mom playing p99 on my neighbors WiFi because I'm dumb enough to try to make a living farming plat on an EQ emulator to sell for rl currency.

Samoht
07-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Why do you two have to shit up every damn thread in RnF? Can't you just let us have one without your babbling involved? You guys so mad.

Put your boner away. I see 20 pages on the front page of RNF, and I've only posted in 4 of them. Now, I can't speak for Alarti and his frequency of shitting up threads, but that's far from every damn one of them on my behalf even if we did assume that my posts in those threads were shit.

Teppler
07-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Of course. RMTing is a horrible way to try to make a wage. Which is why I'd never actually set out to play p99 with rmt as my intent.

But some people ignore me saying that because it helps them sleep better at night, being able to picture me as some fat, bald, highschool dropout living in a trailer park eith my mom playing p99 on my neighbors WiFi because I'm dumb enough to try to make a living farming plat on an EQ emulator to sell for rl currency.

I'm not sure if you answered this already but what brought you to rmt then? Do you remember the first instance? Any stories you can tell about other big rmters without giving away too much info?

Nordenwatch
07-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Tecmos! I have no idea why you defended my RMTing ways so hard if you were planning to do it yourself. Gotta act aloof buddy!

Nordenwatch
07-17-2015, 04:16 PM
also fuck all of you, there's 40 pages of people telling me I'm the moral equivalent of a murderer and child molester in my RMT thread and I didn't even rob a friend, wtf happened on this server in the last year?

Teppler
07-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Nevermind about the first time, I see you already wrote about that in OP. But if the money is shit, why do it?

One thing I never understood about RMTing is that if you're smart enough to be in position to RMT then irl you probably have the capacity to put your time together to make much money per hour than on EQ.

TarukShmaruk
07-17-2015, 04:23 PM
Which RMT'er is worse:

The guy selling for $$$, or the guy buying for $$$?

Alarti0001
Well now I'm coming down on you for coming down on someone else for coming down on another third party for doing the exact same thing that your guild has been guilty of. Take your shit logic back to your shit guild on your shit server and out of blue server affairs.

Btw, where is proof that Catterine was actually directly involved in any RMT? Just hypothetical, I'm not actually asking you to post any more of your nonsense.

I never said Catterine was involved in RMT. Don't post about logic if you can't even read a thread coherently. You're so inconsistent, MPD?

I was fine in this thread... direct your ire at samoht, who whenever he sees my name gets super frothy.

Aviann
even if we did assume that my posts in those threads were shit.

No need to assume, bub, for they are indeed shit.

At first it was cool that you were shoving it to Alarti, but now you are turning into Alarti_02.

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Which RMT'er is worse:

I'd say the buyer imo.

Aviann
07-17-2015, 04:26 PM
I'd say the buyer imo.

I agree

Daldolma
07-17-2015, 04:32 PM
sellers are way worse. they clog the end game because they camp endlessly to hoard and sell, and that has huge repercussions for the whole eqonomy

most buyers buy a couple things and burn themselves out in a few weeks bc this game sucks if you just leapfrog character development. basically has no impact on anyone

Samoht
07-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I never said Catterine was involved in RMT. Don't post about logic if you can't even read a thread coherently.

Apparently there is no way to read your threads coherently. You trashed Catterine for being in Rampage even though IB RMTed at some other point in time. Nevermind the fact that you're still in TMO even though they've also RMTed as well as MQed, SEQed, and duped from your own statements on your guild boards.

Why even bring it up in the first place if you're just going to back pedal after someone calls you out? Are you afraid of the truth? Quit trashing people unless you're ready to get trashed yourself.

The fact that you won't quit posting means you must really like to be embarrassed on the P99 boards.

I was fine in this thread...

No you weren't, see above.

pasi
07-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Nevermind about the first time, I see you already wrote about that in OP. But if the money is shit, why do it?

The thrill of crime.

Also, I imagine people feel differently about income from RMT versus say job earnings because the nature of the time spent. If you enjoy playing the game and/or farming, the amount of money matters a lot less. People mentioning that working a minimum wage job is better $/hour are probably correct, but they are ignoring the relative enjoyment of the tasks.

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Apparently there is no way to read your threads coherently. You trashed Catterine for being in Rampage even though IB RMTed at some other point in time. Nevermind the fact that you're still in TMO even though they've also RMTed as well as MQed, SEQed, and duped from your own statements on your guild boards.

Why even bring it up in the first place if you're just going to back pedal after someone calls you out? Are you afraid of the truth? Quit trashing people unless you're ready to get trashed yourself.

The fact that you won't quit posting means you must really like to be embarrassed on the P99 boards.

I can't cure your ignorance. You expect me to educate you on the movements of players throughout the history of the server?

Not to mention your post is just retarded. It seems you really don't understand what hypocrisy is. Catterine talked shit about RMT.. I didn't. Catterine is/was guilded with 2 or more groups of people who had RMTer's in the past. Some of the RMT'ers reolled new toons and RMT'd again and some other rerolled new characters and did not RMT again. Both types are/were members of Rampage. If she was so ethically against RMT she should have removed herself from the guild.

I don't have a real concern about RMT other than server rules and the legal situations involved. There isn't hypocrisy from me because I didn't come out against RMT from a moral standpoint. I don't think RMT, Duping, MQ or SEQ use makes someone a bad person. Screwing your friends over willingly sure.

This is really difficult for you isn't it? Now please, go ahead and write another spiteful post full of insults and misinformation. The only person you are embarrassing is yourself.

Samoht
07-17-2015, 04:44 PM
I can't cure your ignorance. You expect me to educate you on the movements of players throughout the history of the server?

Not to mention your post is just retarded. It seems you really don't understand what hypocrisy is. Catterine talked shit about RMT.. I didn't. Catterine is/was guilded with 2 or more groups of people who had RMTer's in the past. Some of the RMT'ers reolled new toons and RMT'd again and some other rerolled new characters and did not RMT again. Both types are/were members of Rampage. If she was so ethically against RMT she should have removed herself from the guild.

I don't have a real concern about RMT other than server rules and the legal situations involved. There isn't hypocrisy from me because I didn't come out against RMT from a moral standpoint. I don't think RMT, Duping, MQ or SEQ use makes someone a bad person. Screwing your friends over willingly sure.

This is really difficult for you isn't it? Now please, go ahead and write another spiteful post full of insults and misinformation. The only person you are embarrassing is yourself.

All these words in a thread about RMT. A thread where you've trashed someone in a guild that was previously accused of RMT. While yourself are still swinging from the nuts of RMTers on the red server.

Shut the fuck up, Alarti.

Seriously. Go away. Fucking loser.

Rayzor84
07-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Lol you always seemed like a nice and pleasant time every time I encountered you in howling stones. Next will you tell us svenn was your partner?

Where u been bro

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure if you answered this already but what brought you to rmt then? Do you remember the first instance? Any stories you can tell about other big rmters without giving away too much info?

One thing I never understood about RMTing is that if you're smart enough to be in position to RMT then irl you probably have the capacity to put your time together to make much money per hour than on EQ.

My RMT was incidental. I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't set out to play p99 thinking "I'll just sink a couple thousand hours into this over the next 5 years and have a chance at coming out the other end having made a couple bucks an hour!" ... I set out to play p99 to play p99, did so for the whole time I was here, and then when I thought I was quitting for good, I cashed out too.

I think I'm finally convinced I'll never give up on EQ though, so it'd be silly of me to RMT again and have to start from scratch again (if the staff let me try to at all) and further tarnish my reputation, etc.

If I were here just to RMT, or even primarly to RMT, why did I spend hundreds of thousands of plat on a trak tooth and VP no drops that didn't translate into $? Why did I twink alts that I played up to 50 and then abandoned, selling their gear off at less than I bought it for? Why did I play 2 characters to 50, and then a class that doesn't get cash camps to 60, then a bunch more characters to 50, then another class that doesn't do cash camps to 60, before I finally got an enchanter up to 60? Etc.

Regarding whether buyers or sellers are "worse?" Well... it's easy for me to say, as a seller, but it seems like buyers are worse. With no demand, no one would RMT, so neither would someone like me who RMTed when they quit nor would someone who actually plays solely to RMT would be able to do so. With no supply, though, but a demand still present? It'd only be a matter of time before someone decided to introduce supply again.

Alarti0001
07-17-2015, 05:06 PM
All these words in a thread about RMT. A thread where you've trashed someone in a guild that was previously accused of RMT. While yourself are still swinging from the nuts of RMTers on the red server.

Shut the fuck up, Alarti.

Seriously. Go away. Fucking loser.

This is about what I expected from you. Can't argue a point logically, so you throw a hissy fit. Grow up little boy.

Destron
07-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Seller or Buyer who is worse...chicken or egg type argument. Without a demand there isn't a supplier. Similar to the war on drugs. Neither party are free of fault but one creates the other.

Samoht
07-17-2015, 05:17 PM
This is about what I expected from you. Can't argue a point logically, so you throw a hissy fit. Grow up little boy.

I got you talk a bunch of nonsense in a circle until you started back pedaling. No need to give up when you've already surrendered.

Portasaurus
07-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Stick to meat and avoid the hammer, folks.

zanderklocke
07-17-2015, 05:42 PM
It is sort of funny how people think they are being slick when trying to be a RMT buyer and you're not offering items/services for real money. Many players have approached me when I've been selling a high end item or offering PL services in the EC tunnel. When I indicated that I only take platinum, sometimes they will say, "Why don't we talk in vent or over the phone; maybe we can work something out."

Always nope the hell out of that situation.

Some guy tried to offer to meet me at the Mall of America food court and buy me stuff for a power level since he realized my forums account said I reside in Minneapolis. That's some creepy next level shit.

Teppler
07-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Where u been bro

I was on yesterday! My old comp started breaking down so I bought a new one then got into Witcher 3 which I'm getting bored of. I should be on over the next couple weeks then I'll be traveling the month of August.

iruinedyourday
07-17-2015, 06:11 PM
I didn't set out to play p99 thinking "I'll just sink a couple thousand hours into this over the next 5 years and have a chance at coming out the other end having made a couple bucks an hour!"

Wait are you saying u made 10 thousand dollars RMT'ing?

Tell us how much yo made, if only so we can tell you that you've done enough, or what you need to do for the community to repay it.

http://i.imgur.com/AH39pOA.gif

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 06:21 PM
My RMT was incidental. I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't set out to play p99 thinking "I'll just sink a couple thousand hours into this over the next 5 years and have a chance at coming out the other end having made a couple bucks an hour!" ... I set out to play p99 to play p99, did so for the whole time I was here, and then when I thought I was quitting for good, I cashed out too.

I think I'm finally convinced I'll never give up on EQ though, so it'd be silly of me to RMT again and have to start from scratch again (if the staff let me try to at all) and further tarnish my reputation, etc.

If I were here just to RMT, or even primarly to RMT, why did I spend hundreds of thousands of plat on a trak tooth and VP no drops that didn't translate into $? Why did I twink alts that I played up to 50 and then abandoned, selling their gear off at less than I bought it for? Why did I play 2 characters to 50, and then a class that doesn't get cash camps to 60, then a bunch more characters to 50, then another class that doesn't do cash camps to 60, before I finally got an enchanter up to 60? Etc.

Regarding whether buyers or sellers are "worse?" Well... it's easy for me to say, as a seller, but it seems like buyers are worse. With no demand, no one would RMT, so neither would someone like me who RMTed when they quit nor would someone who actually plays solely to RMT would be able to do so. With no supply, though, but a demand still present? It'd only be a matter of time before someone decided to introduce supply again.

So like, the next time you "think" you are quitting for good, you'll just cash out again because you won't care if you need to start all over again, again.

And again.

Smells like a chronic RMTer, imo.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Smells like someone who will have a close eye on him as soon as he accumulates any kind of wealth.

Thana8088
07-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Smells like someone who will have a close eye on him as soon as he accumulates any kind of wealth.

Yeah? How? Like a registered RMT-offender list?

Can we get this, please?

iruinedyourday
07-17-2015, 06:26 PM
I'll just sink a couple thousand hours into this over the next 5 years and have a chance at coming out the other end having made a couple bucks an hour!

Tell us how much yo made, if only so we can tell you that you've done enough, or what you need to do for the community to repay it.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62963995.jpg

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 06:39 PM
My enchanter spent 30 minutes looting dwarf corpses at BB docks courtesy of a nice necro who preferred to med rather than loot bronze.

http://onthesetofnewyork.com/locations/comingtoamerica/comingtoamerica05.jpg

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Err, my new enchanter just spent. I hate no edits.

Champion_Standing
07-17-2015, 06:48 PM
One time I powerleveled a guy in classic and he bought a manastone with cash to give to me as payment, but it was also a time when people were saying things in global ooc like "WTB mana$tone p$t". Does this make me an RMTer?

iruinedyourday
07-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Err, my new enchanter just spent. I hate no edits.

I'll give you $50 for a full set of bronze, pm me.

Susvain2
07-17-2015, 07:05 PM
this thread fuckin blows

applesauce25r624
07-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Which RMT'er is worse:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193242

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2015, 07:18 PM

>= $4,000 confirmed

Madbad
07-17-2015, 07:53 PM
anyone helping this dude level is a fucking idiot

B4EQWASCOOL
07-17-2015, 07:57 PM
this thread fuckin blows

iruinedyourday
07-17-2015, 08:24 PM
I remember in one of your recorded streams you mentioning that you didn't think rmt was such a big deal, heh..

Rayzor84
07-17-2015, 09:52 PM
I was on yesterday! My old comp started breaking down so I bought a new one then got into Witcher 3 which I'm getting bored of. I should be on over the next couple weeks then I'll be traveling the month of August.
Nice I'm on during the day weekdays till I get this job hopefully.

Sriracha
07-17-2015, 10:06 PM
another dirty TMO whistle

nothing new

Bilbik
07-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Once you stop caring about gear, it's pretty tough to get into Everquest. You realize that obtaining all this gear at level cap doesn't even really matter in game. Everything in Velious is basically killable on day 1, so you're basically just equipping yourselves to tackle the stuff more efficiently.

Uhh No

Bruno
07-17-2015, 10:34 PM
So many scumbags in this game willing to steal pixels from their friends. It's truly mind blowing to me. Same thing happened to me when Znush of Forsaken, an ex real life friend of mine, decided he was going to steal a bunch of gear from my account. I'm still bitter about it, and will never forgive him for it. I never thought I'd say this, but I have similar views as Alarti on the matter. I could really give a shit about RMT except for the fact that it's a threat to the server as far as it being shut down for it happening. When you have to steal pixels from long time friends, you're on a whole other level of scum.

Tecmos Deception
07-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Uhh No

Pasi is a god. Who are you?

Coffee
07-17-2015, 10:55 PM
so which name did you go buy on redguides?

Coffee
07-17-2015, 10:55 PM
by buy i mean bye