PDA

View Full Version : Killing Noble when it pops?

Pan
07-08-2015, 10:52 AM
We (Omni) got the first noble this AM at a rather unholy hour - we were watching for the spawn and it was our turn in the Wed rotation with Divinity.

Next Noble just spawned - and I was told to leave it up until their nighttime raid. We offered to help kill it and give them the loot.

Is this what we want to do, collectively? Push the timers out until it's convenient for us to hit it?

Erati
07-08-2015, 10:55 AM
ugh no I don't think Divinty should push the Noble several hours to night time

no other guild has done this - can they not just kill it now and park their toons?

granted guilds have pushed the timers back an hour or so from the ungodly early AM hours - that was mostly bc its dumb to get up at 5 AM for uncontested mob that we have on rotation. However, leaving it up for 5-6 hours is I think a bit too much, there are 10(?) guilds here in this rotation, while it would be amazing to have each Noble super convent for each one, that just doesn't seem plausible, or is it?

Pan
07-08-2015, 10:56 AM
From Sampten to me - he cannot post here:

It' staying up till our time or somebody's breaking the agreement.

Do as you wish, and other guilds are entitled to do so....of course I can't post in the raid forums. We didn't know it'd spawnt his morning so I don't ave people in position and/or didn't prep for it.

If it's not up when we go up this evening, I'm killing the OOA agreement, I'm not bluffing.

I'm not playing "batphone 24/7" BS games and either everybody plays "common sense" card or nobody wins.

This isn't anything against you guys at all, so much as people on this server are a bunch of knuckleheads and I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

Erati
07-08-2015, 11:00 AM
wow. I guess Divinity has the Noble rotation by the balls then.

I dont hate that the Noble is being left up like this - I just don't think its Divinity's call to make.

Thats all. Which Noble is being left up BTW - the 7 day or the 3 Day - this makes a difference in that if the 7 Day is the one that keeps spawning on Div's night raid its not a big deal then.

but in general I think it would be more applicable for everyone if a guild wants to do something like this - come to the forums, post their intentions up front etc. I know they can't post here but a PM like Cloki got is fine - with a lil less teeth maybe.

Pan
07-08-2015, 11:01 AM
More from Sampten:

You can post my response.

Somebody kills that Noble and the OOA is over, we are killing them tonight.

Erati
07-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Anyone know which cycle they are leaving up - like I said if its the 7 day then this affects no one else's Noble but Divinity.

If this was framed in that light - it would be much more palatable to swallow him being left up for 7 hours.

Pan
07-08-2015, 11:05 AM
There are 4 OoAs up right now.

I'm told it's the 3-day Noble.

I'm not at all fond of this move. It wasn't convenient for me to get up at 4am to kill the early noble (and not for our tracker, either). And if the 3-day gets pushed into the evening by Div, Europa will find themselves equally inconvenienced.

I thought that part of the agreement is that you killed it ASAP. We tracked this one, offered to help kill (forgoing all loot). But they want to push it out. I'd understood that they needed to die ASAP - as part of the agreement. If they don't, we're going to have rollover problems with days, eventually.

Nightbear
07-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Ultimatums are childish.

Erati
07-08-2015, 11:07 AM
There are 4 OoAs up right now.

so Omni killed the 7 Day one - the one Divinity leaving up will affect Sat's timer and then Tuesday and then Friday

thats my point - this timer they are adjusting is not gonna stay the same for them next week

if they want to do this they need to leave up the 7 day Noble however since 2 Nobles spawn on Wed you can't have 2 up at the same time so the 7 Day would actually depop when the 3 day shows up.

This is kinda a mess atm but I guess we don't have any options ?

arsenalpow
07-08-2015, 11:11 AM
BDA pushed our noble back a few hours as the request of Asgard, but leaving it up for half a day seems silly.

Erati
07-08-2015, 11:12 AM
I thought that part of the agreement is that you killed it ASAP. We tracked this one, offered to help kill (forgoing all loot). But they want to push it out. I'd understood that they needed to die ASAP - as part of the agreement. If they don't, we're going to have rollover problems with days, eventually.

So much this X100000000000

For this to work- people need to kill their Nobles when they spawn or we will have a mess

The 5 Am - 6 AM pop time was bad enough that pushing them back an hour or two is no where near the same impact as leaving it up for 7-9 hours.

We have the Nobles spawning everyday at a pretty reasonable time ( minus the one Omni killed today from Euro sim repop )

I don't understand why Div can't just muster a fun afternoon kill and then camp their toons for the evening raid. Yes, some members who work will miss out - but thats the case w every guild.

Pan
07-08-2015, 11:18 AM
On a side note, this conversation SUCKS for Divinity because they don't have access to post here. I'll post what Sampten sends me unedited, but it's not the same even still.

This is absolutely ABSURD that raiding guild reps cannot have access to participate in these conversations.

Erati
07-08-2015, 11:23 AM
From Sampten-

If the log-in server weren't F-ed up, I'd honestly bat phone it out.

Most people can hop on for an hour or so and we could get it down but we'd be spending longer than that just getting folks ported up because of the zone crashes and issues logging in.

A lot of folks, myself included, spent over an hour trying to get online then crashed on zoning and then spent an hour getting back in last night.

I'm not subjecting folks to that during the day when I know they are going to have to deal with it later this evening.

bktroost
07-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Saturday, the morning of independence day, we woke up at 3 a.m. in the morning, teleported up to sky, did a suicide mission with 10 people taking over an hour, and still got up for our 10 a.m. morning raid. All of that effort was to get two crappy hammers, worst loot ever.

It was expensive, it took effort on our part to hunt down the death timer because it was not posted, it was an the irregular death timer because of the respawn but that's the way it is.

Raid leading is not easy, in this environment its not even casual, but you wait that after again how much getting your people gear is worth to you. In an ecosystem everyone works together, every action has a reaction that affects not just you but everyone else on the server. By choosing to improve your own circumstances you very well may be damaging the morning entities circumstances. I'm not talking about humbling yourself and saying that you have to pretend to feel that your privileged to even be a part of this rotation, I'm saying that decency dictates that the more difficult path is the better path for the community.

Argh
07-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Wasn't the whole point of posting timers in the other thread to avoid something like this? Just a quick glance at that thread would give you the spawn time for your noble three days in advance.

Drakakade
07-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Hi guys, sorry about all the confusion. Divinity with the help of a class Omni killed Noble at 1pm EST. I have been on summer holidays, but if you guys every need to chat just send me an ingame email and I will get it done.

Again, sorry for the confusion - Divinity understands why Noble needs to be killed in a timely fashion :)

/wave to all