PDA

View Full Version : Snaj <BDA> camp stealer and griefer

Vaye
07-05-2015, 05:26 PM
In all of my time on this server, I have never seen someone so rude and disregarding the PnP so much. This was about a week ago. So I'm at the frenzy camp in Lower Guk. Chanter friend and I had been clearing frenzy, sentinel, lord, and hand for a couple hours. We were there for XP just as much as we were there for loot, which is why we weren't interested in just sitting in frenzy room and clearing phs. So we get through our rotation and get back to frenzy camp in time for the next pop, but when we arrive, Snaj is parked and insistent that since we left, the came was now his.

For those that are unaware, server rules for claiming camps state that in order to "claim" a camp, you must keep the phs cleared as soon as they pop. You do not necessarily need to maintain presence at the camp, but if someone wishes to dispute the camp, as Snaj did, then person at the camp can either decide to forfeit the disputed camp, or forfeit the other one(s) and retain presence at the one someone wishes to claim.

Even tho he was arguing with us about it, there's no way Snaj didn't know these are the rules. I think he knew that being a 60 epic'd shaman with torpor, he'd be able to steal the camp from us without consequence, as these were Euro hours and it took us hours to get a GM response. I think he was hoping we'd give up since we were camping a good portion of the dead side, and by staying parked at frenzy, our XP took a tremendous hit.

He stayed at our camp for TWO HOURS and proceeded to do the following:
- Unsuccessfully attempted to kill steal every one of our mobs
- Dotted our charmed pet every time charm broke
- Used a lot of profanity and hate speech, made personal attacks
- Spammed inspecting us, blocked our LoS and otherwise tried to grief us
- Never got XP for one mob, unsuccessfully KS'd frenzy with sash, and accomplished absolutely nothing in the time he was at our camp, aside from running his guild and own reputation into the ground

I also have video of the entire incident, which gets cut when it becomes kind of redundant, but I just want to post this so people can see what a class A JERK this guy is. I have met some very nice people from BDA, so I won't say they're all bad, but this is just disgraceful.

From BDA's Code of Conduct on their site:

Maturity
We expect a degree of maturity from all members of Bregan D'Aerth. We expect maturity both within the guild and outside of the guild. You will treat others with respect at all times. We do encourage playful banter; having fun is why we are here. However, you must use your own judgement and be careful not to cross lines.

Be kind to your fellow members and members of the server community.

BDA: please see that your members actually follow this. Thanks.

Link to Youtube video (https://youtu.be/SX29DTBQeu8)

Skip to 9:48 for drama.

slappytwotoes
07-06-2015, 12:20 AM
OP is right, Snaj was wrong. LOL at 2 hours of failed griefing... that's just embarrasing (if true)

Rararboker
07-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Good to hear he was unsuccessful in every regard. Grats on the FBSS.

Mead
07-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Snaj confirmed scumbag. Trying to manipulate lowbies lol. Pras fraps.

SyanideGas
07-06-2015, 12:54 AM
You ever attempt to get in touch with an officer?

Pokesan
07-06-2015, 12:59 AM
BDA full of fucking scumbags, not surprising. looks like the auto-scaling spin crew already up and running

Mead
07-06-2015, 01:10 AM
You ever attempt to get in touch with an officer?

There are better results when the guild name is smeared on RnF, especially with proof. Plus, they didn't lose anything, and the tard just made a fool of himself. Why would they need to contact an officer?

iruinedyourday
07-06-2015, 01:10 AM
On red this same experience is really really, really fun.

Susvain2
07-06-2015, 01:16 AM
lol, classic BDA rule lawyering at shitty cash camps that no one at 60 would spend time except them

bda is a guild full of try hard shitters

except for troubledour

Domisk
07-06-2015, 01:33 AM
This will be investigated immediately.

Troubled
07-06-2015, 01:42 AM
lol, classic BDA rule lawyering at shitty cash camps that no one at 60 would spend time except them

except for troubledour

thanks buddy ilu

SyanideGas
07-06-2015, 01:49 AM
There are better results when the guild name is smeared on RnF, especially with proof. Plus, they didn't lose anything, and the tard just made a fool of himself. Why would they need to contact an officer?

Because likely, if they did get in touch with someone, it could have been handled. And they wouldn't have had to deal with it for as long as they had to.

Juevento
07-06-2015, 01:52 AM
There is simply no defense for that shit. Snaj behaved deplorably. I would assume that he'll be dealt with very very severely by BDAs officer crew. I want no part of griefers and people using slurs in my guild.

That being said, it's always fun to watch folks with no conflict resolution skills attempt social interactions. That goes for both parties. I watched that video until the 27 min mark and saw all I needed to. Four things came to mind while watching aside from Snaj being a fucking douche nozzle. Again, I want to be upfront and state that there is no excuse for Snaj's reprehensible actions regardless of what transpired.

1. I didn't see you guys refute that you had been away from the camp for 10 mins. I feel like in that circumstance Snaj would be the owner if he is present and you guys are gone for so long. A classic case is the sebilis crypt/emperor fights that flare up from time to time. That being said; I would have expected him to let you guys keep that camp, since he's 60 and you guys are mid 40s and its a piece of shit FBSS worth 5k.

2. Does your enchanter have the clarity spell? Holy crap, I got super fixated on your lack of clarity through the entire time I watched. I don't think you got higher than 55% mana that whole time.

3. Snaj might be right on one thing. Europe may indeed be trash. Your shitty financial situation might just take the rest of the world with you down the drain.

4. If you want a fast resolution to an issue with a BDA member, shoot a tell to any member and ask for an officer. They will for sure immediately address your concern.

Since this is RnF; fuck you Houndstooth.

contemptor
07-06-2015, 02:25 AM

except for troubledour
lol, u should log on your rogue and kill some rag casters

Kagey
07-06-2015, 02:42 AM
4. If you want a fast resolution to an issue with a BDA member, shoot a tell to any member and ask for an officer. They will for sure immediately ADDRESS your concern.

100%,
I would of came just to help protect your fbss cause this was just wrong.

applesauce25r624
07-06-2015, 03:02 AM
l2cast clarity ;[

Rararboker
07-06-2015, 03:46 AM
1. I didn't see you guys refute that you had been away from the camp for 10 mins. I feel like in that circumstance Snaj would be the owner if he is present and you guys are gone for so long. A classic case is the sebilis crypt/emperor fights that flare up from time to time. That being said; I would have expected him to let you guys keep that camp, since he's 60 and you guys are mid 40s and its a piece of shit FBSS worth 5k.

You "feel" like that would be the case? You'd be wrong. And while you attempt to sound reasonable and see it from both sides it is pretty obvious you are actually bothered by this. See everything after point #1. So petty. Good thing this guy got it all on fraps.

captnamazing
07-06-2015, 04:23 AM
watching that vid i can just feel all the nerd's heart rates rising as they are forced into a conflicting setting. the faint stench of onions as their pits grease up a fine sweat.

Llodd
07-06-2015, 05:36 AM
3. Snaj might be right on one thing. Europe may indeed be trash. Your shitty financial situation might just take the rest of the world with you down the drain.

Clearly you have no idea where this all originated.

Bboboo
07-06-2015, 05:43 AM
Man Snaj was ready to spew lawyer quest at them the moment they stepped in the room.

Lol.

Bboboo
07-06-2015, 05:49 AM
Also, Snaj is a vag

Itap
07-06-2015, 06:17 AM
60 torpored shaman trying to grief 2 lvl 40 players over 5k, i thought id seen it all

Zoesha
07-06-2015, 06:40 AM
How do you fail at shaman so hard rofl..

Herp
07-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Has this guy been booted yet?

Ravager
07-06-2015, 08:11 AM
watching that vid i can just feel all the nerd's heart rates rising as they are forced into a conflicting setting. the faint stench of onions as their pits grease up a fine sweat.

In haiku:

Nerds' heart rate rising,
they are forced into conflict,
greasy onion pits.

dafier
07-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Love all these references to douchebaggery all summed up as "BDA is shit bags". LMFAO.....

I could say the same about EVERY guild on blue. How about you just narrow it down to "This person is a infected vag" or "This person sucks soft and hard...."

Funny how everyone immediately thinks a person represents everyone else or everyone who belongs to the same club/outfit/guild.

humm....I like that....

ClubOutfitGuild....

COG....

HAHAHHAA!

slappytwotoes
07-06-2015, 09:47 AM
1. I didn't see you guys refute that you had been away from the camp for 10 mins. I feel like in that circumstance Snaj would be the owner if he is present and you guys are gone for so long. A classic case is the sebilis crypt/emperor fights that flare up from time to time.

Uh no. If you leave spawn point but keep the mob(s) down on pop its still your camp. This changes when you start leaving mobs up. Same for Crypt, same for all applicable camps.

Besides 10min is nothing, timer in Lguk is 28min!

Swish
07-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Guild rep speaks for itself.

Juevento's post was the funniest, a couple of lines denouncing Snaj then spends the rest of the post attempting spin tactics (who gives a shit if the OP had clarity in that situation?).

I'd trust RNF for a required positive response in cases like this. From some (not all) of the BDA officers that post here I think they'd have hushed it up or at the very least have backed their man.

That gutter rep tho, not going anywhere is it?

Swish
07-06-2015, 09:48 AM

Tiggles
07-06-2015, 10:03 AM
BDA trash once again showing everyone they are the toilet of the server.

Can't wait for the yearly RMT ban to hit 50% of their guild like it always does.

Overthetop
07-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Snaj behaved deplorably.

That being said, it's always fun to watch folks with no conflict resolution skills attempt social interactions.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013719/rs_560x415-130819182431-1024.KanyeWestTaylorSwift.8.19.13_copy.jpg

Mead
07-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Your guildy tries to steal a camp and rule lawyer some lowbies in lower guk and you come back with calling Europa trash. Keep up that good PR pal.

Juevento
07-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Guild rep speaks for itself.

Juevento's post was the funniest

That was the plan. State my opinion on the action of hopefully a former guild mate and then address tangentially related topics in the same post on which I have an opinion or hot take. The fact that you were amused is ultimately my goal here. :)

Juevento
07-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Your guildy tries to steal a camp and rule lawyer some lowbies in lower guk and you come back with calling Europa trash. Keep up that good PR pal.

Not Europa, the entire continent of Europe. Greece is out of control and the EU let t happen. Spain, Ireland, and Portugal are next up as well.

dafier
07-06-2015, 10:18 AM

Can't wait for the yearly RMT ban to hit 50% of their guild like it always does.

http://img.memecdn.com/1-good-reason-why-race-mixing-is-retarded_o_2105111.jpg

arsenalpow
07-06-2015, 10:20 AM

You lost tubby? This isn't red forums. Also, feel free to remark on this incident featuring someone who was in the wrong, but let's try to avoid blatant lies like "RMT ban to hit 50% of their guild" considering I can't even think of someone in the past two years popped for that. Plus it's hilarious coming from dupe masters and the most banned guild in p99 history TMO.

Tiggles
07-06-2015, 10:26 AM
You lost tubby? This isn't red forums. Also, feel free to remark on this incident featuring someone who was in the wrong, but let's try to avoid blatant lies like "RMT ban to hit 50% of their guild" considering I can't even think of someone in the past two years popped for that. Plus it's hilarious coming from dupe masters and the most banned guild in p99 history TMO.

arsenalpow
07-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Considering this happened a week ago and no one even bothered to contact an officer, we're going to do some investigating first before we come to a conclusion.

Not to mention I don't really approve of social justice warrioring, I don't answer to you or RNF. I answer to my members.

Swish
07-06-2015, 10:36 AM
There is simply no defense for that shit. Snaj behaved deplorably. I would assume that he'll be dealt with very very severely by BDAs officer crew. I want no part of griefers and people using slurs in my guild.

There you go, if that's not representative of your members I'd say there's a problem.

Hope to see him detagged shortly.

Tiggles
07-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Considering this happened a week ago and no one even bothered to contact an officer, we're going to do some investigating first before we come to a conclusion.

Not to mention I don't really approve of social justice warrioring, I don't answer to you or RNF. I answer to my members.

So like always you ain't going to do shit.

Trash guild, trash officers, trash players

Mead
07-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Most guilds don't want their members actions posted on the boards. Unfortunately, when you don't act right, that's what happens. And I'm all for promoting awareness.

Stormfists
07-06-2015, 10:51 AM

You know what guys, Juevento aint so bad!

Europe may indeed be trash. Your shitty financial situation might just take the rest of the world with you down the drain.

Oh... nevermind. Back in the pile.

dafier
07-06-2015, 10:58 AM
There is a point though. And, I don't disagree with posting...

However, when you are griefed in game like in the OP, you being the victim need to contact an officer of the guild in question IMMEDIATELY! Not later....

That in itself is a childish act. So, grow up.

Posting stuff like this is good. It shows that a person who is playing the game either had some issues at the time (personal) or is just a straight up doucher in which needs to be dealt with.

I do NOT condone those horrible actions in the OP video. Nor will I ever.

But, deal with that immediately.

Great example of taking care of something immediately:

Necro from HC and I were on SF isle. He decided to troll me. Running past the spawn point which I was sitting at. I was tagging the SFs when they spawned and .... that is that.

He decided to watch me for a while and got the timing down. I sent my pet after 1, and started to cast, but his cast landed before mine. Well, I didn't stop and I won.

The beautiful part, he said nothing, I said nothing. He did a little run up to me, look, then ran off. He didn't come back and the silly thing about it was near by was like 2 or 3 spawns he took over. Why he was messing with me makes no sense.

Done...

cs616
07-06-2015, 11:16 AM
BDA is just as bad as any other guild when it comes to rule lawyering. They just get cranky when it involves IB/TMO because their ambulance chasers like Snaj are no match for p99 legal scholars like Kinsawt Shapiro, Zeelot Dershowitz, or Unbrella "if the glove doesnt fit" Cochran. Instead they slum around small claims court suing people for pixel welfare or getting involved in property disputes between neighbors in lower guk.

Llodd
07-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Not Europa, the entire continent of Europe. Greece is out of control and the EU let t happen. Spain, Ireland, and Portugal are next up as well.

Clue numero uno: sub-prime

Juevento
07-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Clue numero uno: sub-prime

Seriously, you are trying to link the subprime mortgage crisis to Greece? You do realize that one thing is about lendors giving money to people who didn't warrant a loan and then packaging that debt and selling it off as good debt and the other is about a county that borrowed so much and is now refusing to take the measures needed to pay it back right?

Please elucidate for me the connection I am missing.

Mead
07-06-2015, 11:41 AM
There is a point though. And, I don't disagree with posting...

However, when you are griefed in game like in the OP, you being the victim need to contact an officer of the guild in question IMMEDIATELY! Not later....

That in itself is a childish act. So, grow up.

Posting stuff like this is good. It shows that a person who is playing the game either had some issues at the time (personal) or is just a straight up doucher in which needs to be dealt with.

I do NOT condone those horrible actions in the OP video. Nor will I ever.

But, deal with that immediately.

Great example of taking care of something immediately:

Necro from HC and I were on SF isle. He decided to troll me. Running past the spawn point which I was sitting at. I was tagging the SFs when they spawned and .... that is that.

He decided to watch me for a while and got the timing down. I sent my pet after 1, and started to cast, but his cast landed before mine. Well, I didn't stop and I won.

The beautiful part, he said nothing, I said nothing. He did a little run up to me, look, then ran off. He didn't come back and the silly thing about it was near by was like 2 or 3 spawns he took over. Why he was messing with me makes no sense.

Done...

Bad example.

Swish
07-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Seriously, you are trying to link the subprime mortgage crisis to Greece? You do realize that one thing is about lendors giving money to people who didn't warrant a loan and then packaging that debt and selling it off as good debt and the other is about a county that borrowed so much and is now refusing to take the measures needed to pay it back right?

This is a thread about a BDA camp lawyer, not about economic problems in the world. Nice attempt at pushing a derail however.

So... has he been kicked yet? I can't imagine anyone even in BDA wanting him around after pulling that stunt.

Tulnavara
07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
This is a thread about a BDA camp lawyer, not about economic problems in the world. Nice attempt at pushing a derail however.

So... has he been kicked yet? I can't imagine anyone even in BDA wanting him around after pulling that stunt.

Look at Chest's post. He won't be kicked even with obvious and blatant proof posted from fraps.

Man0warr
07-06-2015, 12:16 PM
People have been kicked for less. Honestly I have never even heard of Snaj though.

Swish
07-06-2015, 12:18 PM
He said he answers to his members, a few of who have posted in here. If the consensus is that he somehow stays I'd say that further pushes their rep into the gutter.

Also on that basis, how can they have any quality control with their applicants? Just give them full member status on day 1 if this shit is permitted.

Man0warr
07-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Also on that basis, how can they have any quality control with their applicants? Just give them full member status on day 1 if this shit is permitted.

How would you know an applicant is prone to causing camp disputes? Even if you had them app for 3 months or some arbitrary number, they are going to be on their best behavior during the process.

Poltergist
07-06-2015, 12:39 PM
He said he answers to his members, a few of who have posted in here. If the consensus is that he somehow stays I'd say that further pushes their rep into the gutter.

But swish, they have 40 applicants at a time. It takes a lot of shit heads to fuel the Zerg.

kaev
07-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Hey Giggles, I heard that Internode and Froovy were so hugely popular in TMO that when they were banned for duping a total of 86 accounts went down. I guess TMO's app process musta been pretty fucked up to let those assholes in, eh? By your logic no guild on p99 will ever be able to compete with TMO in the scumbag sweepstakes (well, except maybe that red guild that got banned). Your own shitty attempt at a flame marks BDA is saintly sweet in comparison to your bestest epals, go back to red where the standards are low enough for you to appear cool.

dafier
07-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Hey Giggles, I heard that Internode and Froovy were so hugely popular in TMO that when they were banned for duping a total of 86 accounts went down. I guess TMO's app process musta been pretty fucked up to let those assholes in, eh? By your logic no guild on p99 will ever be able to compete with TMO in the scumbag sweepstakes (well, except maybe that red guild that got banned). Your own shitty attempt at a flame marks BDA is saintly sweet in comparison to your bestest epals, go back to red where the standards are low enough for you to appear cool.

If there was any 'ZING' going to happen today, AT ALL, this was it.

pras

Bill Tetley
07-06-2015, 01:24 PM
People have been kicked for less. Honestly I have never even heard of Snaj though.

Of course you haven't! Your guild consists of 385 players!

Currently 385 members

contemptor
07-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Internode is back in TMO on red btw

wormed
07-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Swish always smashing BDA. I love it. BDA stuttering like an autistic school kid.

Juevento
07-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Who exactly is stuttering? Snaj acted like a dickhead. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's not acceptable behavior in game or out of game.

I would be wary though of hitching your ride to a sociopath like Swish though. From what I've gathered from his incessant BDA nut riding, the guy is liable to develop an unnatural attachment to you. He's very likely the sort to show up at your house irl with bondage straps and sharp knives. He seems not to be able to make distinctions between eq and real life.

Ravager
07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Swish just needs to calm down and have a Snickers. He's going Pesci.

Swish
07-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Who exactly is stuttering? Snaj acted like a dickhead. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's not acceptable behavior in game or out of game.

Ignoring a bad attempt at profiling, you're going to push for Snaj to get ousted from BDA if that's unacceptable? I'm not sure what there is left to discuss with 'the members' now Chest...nobody likes camp lawyers.

Thana8088
07-06-2015, 02:54 PM

Swish is alright, he just needs to stop with the constant "try Red" shit. JFC it can't be "p99's little undiscovered gem" if you fuckers are constantly shoving it down our (got) damned e-throats.

<3 tho!

Blaza
07-06-2015, 02:55 PM
BDA is just as bad as any other guild when it comes to rule lawyering. They just get cranky when it involves IB/TMO because their ambulance chasers like Snaj are no match for p99 legal scholars like Kinsawt Shapiro, Zeelot Dershowitz, or Unbrella "if the glove doesnt fit" Cochran. Instead they slum around small claims court suing people for pixel welfare or getting involved in property disputes between neighbors in lower guk.

TMO's dream team of lawyers make everyone else look like they got their law degrees from the University of Phoenix.

Ravager
07-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Ignoring a bad attempt at profiling, you're going to push for Snaj to get ousted from BDA if that's unacceptable? I'm not sure what there is left to discuss with 'the members' now Chest...nobody likes camp lawyers.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Raev
07-06-2015, 02:57 PM
I watched about 5 minutes of this video. My favorite parts, in no particular order:

Snaj criticizing a correct use of your (vs you're) by a European, then getting the grammatical smackdown
Vaye titling the post 'BDA troll' when Snaj is in fact a troll
The enchanter apparently never bought Clarity, or the cleric never asks for it, or both, despite the cleric having brilliance at the beginning
Snaj is unable to KS a frenzied ghoul on a L60 torpor shaman vs a L33 charmed pet.
Chest's conclusion: I don't care that my members are incompetent rulebreaking assclowns, I'm not going to do anything because that would make me look weak in RNF

To the OP: this is just the reality of playing on a hypercrowded server. Hopefully it gets better in Velious.

slappytwotoes
07-06-2015, 02:58 PM

Maybe the guild leader just doesn't want to have a public trial in RNF... or perhaps more input than 3 members.

dafier
07-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Everyone knows people from the UK not only have bad teeth, they are all mentally ill and they eat nothing but bangers and mash ALL DAY!

Deliverator
07-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Love all these references to douchebaggery all summed up as "BDA is shit bags". LMFAO.....

I could say the same about EVERY guild on blue. How about you just narrow it down to "This person is a infected vag" or "This person sucks soft and hard...."

Funny how everyone immediately thinks a person represents everyone else or everyone who belongs to the same club/outfit/guild.

humm....I like that....

ClubOutfitGuild....

COG....

HAHAHHAA!

Just going to point out that fact that you have a guild tag on means you are a representative of that guild. If you don't like it, don't join a guild. If you are PART of an organization you REPRESENT that organization in all things both good and bad.

Ravager
07-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Chest's conclusion: I don't care that my members are incompetent rulebreaking assclowns, I'm not going to do anything because that would make me look weak in RNF

I didn't see this in that video at all.

Juevento
07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
I watched about 5 minutes of this video. My favorite parts, in no particular order:

Snaj criticizing a correct use of your (vs you're) by a European, then getting the grammatical smackdown
The enchanter apparently never bought Clarity, or the cleric never asks for it, or both, despite the cleric having brilliance at the beginning
Snaj is unable to KS a frenzied ghoul on a L60 torpor shaman vs a L33 charmed pet.

To the OP: this is just the reality of playing on a hypercrowded server. Hopefully it gets better in Velious.

Glad I am not the only one who thought the no clarity thing was odd. And by the by, I would take a chanter/cleric combo over shaman for dps all day. I am not surprised at all that the shaman can't win a dps race.

dafier
07-06-2015, 03:07 PM

IMO I think he watches too much Mr. Rogers. That fantasy land where the trolly goes i real in his world.

Raev
07-06-2015, 03:09 PM

"My favorite part of that video was Chest's conclusion" makes perfect sense. The reason everyone on the server loathes BDA is not that you have the occasional moron in your ranks, but that rather than merely admitting 'Yeah, thats not good, we're going to kick this guy' you feel the need to spin 20 pages of RNF with incorrect grammar nits.

kaev
07-06-2015, 03:13 PM

Go easy on Raev man, it's gotta be rough:
* Snaj comes off as such an amazingly incompetent asshat it smells like an agent provacateur inserted into BDA to create drama.
* The usual crew of BDA bashers are failing as badly as Snaj's supposed KS attempts (are they faking it too?)
* I'm sure Raev is overwhelmed with disappointment at this terrible waste of what should be wonderful RnF fodder.

bktroost
07-06-2015, 03:14 PM

Let it be known, you are my favorite person on these forums. I can't remember if you are in my guild or not, but you should be.

Raev
07-06-2015, 03:15 PM
* Snaj comes off as such an amazingly incompetent asshat it smells like an agent provacateur inserted into BDA to create drama..

He's on to me.

Also Juevento at 60, sure the enc will KS the shaman every time if charm holds. But this is a L33 charmed pet that does like 50 dps. Bane+EB+2x nuke should win pretty easily.

Anyway, back to work!

Ravager
07-06-2015, 03:17 PM
"My favorite part of that video was Chest's conclusion" makes perfect sense. The reason everyone on the server loathes BDA is not that you have the occasional moron in your ranks, but that rather than merely admitting 'Yeah, thats not good, we're going to kick this guy' you feel the need to spin 20 pages of RNF with incorrect grammar nits.

And you talk out your ass with no basis in facts. Are you a BDA officer? No? Then you probably don't have a clue as to what's going on behind the scenes. You and Swish take RnF as gospel and use it to advance your own sad agendas of trying to win a popularity contest nobody else cares about.

I do not condone his behavior and I said as much in places where it matters. RnF is not that place.

arsenalpow
07-06-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm surprised Loraen is even in this thread. I thought IB had a no RNF policy.

zanderklocke
07-06-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm surprised Loraen is even in this thread. I thought IB had a no RNF policy.

Loraen is not in Rampage.

Robbintha Hood
07-06-2015, 03:26 PM

Considering that there is video proof of Snaj being a dumb-ass, seems to me that this would be an easy one to come to a conclusion about.

Kagey
07-06-2015, 03:35 PM

why do you hate me so much? I /danced with you dude wtf.

arsenalpow
07-06-2015, 03:37 PM

What happened to the Velious raid leader gig?

captnamazing
07-06-2015, 03:45 PM
What happened to the Velious raid leader gig?

turns out it didn't pay enough RMT money

Bboboo
07-06-2015, 04:18 PM

Swish needs to stick to reposting reddit gifs.

Swish
07-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Swish needs to stick to reposting reddit gifs.

That's the last place to look, and what's there is repost after repost. Sorry that you don't know how to browse the internet.

captnamazing
07-06-2015, 05:05 PM
That's the last place to look, and what's there is repost after repost. Sorry that you don't know how to browse the internet.

i think you browse the internet enough for all of us

Swish
07-06-2015, 05:08 PM

i think you browse the internet enough for all of us

Make RNF posts count and I'd be well behind a lot of people ;)

Tuljin
07-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Pras Swish

Frenzy camp lvl 60 torp shaman nubbery is always lulz

The lack of Clarity is pretty much just as concerning as the numerous 50something Int casters I've seen who don't cast Shielding...

Mistle
07-06-2015, 05:29 PM
I would be wary though of hitching your ride to a sociopath like Swish though. From what I've gathered from his incessant BDA nut riding, the guy is liable to develop an unnatural attachment to you. He's very likely the sort to show up at your house irl with bondage straps and sharp knives. He seems not to be able to make distinctions between eq and real life.

When your entire identity and self worth is dictated by how people on a tiny little irrelevant forum regard you, it's a very valid concern. Someday Swish will realize this will all go away, not sure he'll be able to handle it - after all, there are far better people than him at gifs out there on bigger boards, and without that, what is he?

As for the guy in the video, I had never seen the name before. Figured it was an alt. Looked him up. I had never seen the main before either. Not sure what will happen when we ship him, though - usually the rare people who flunk out of BDA for being asshats end up in TMO within hours where they seemed to fit in a lot better. Forsaken I guess...

bktroost
07-06-2015, 05:38 PM
When your entire identity and self worth is dictated by how people on a tiny little irrelevant forum regard you, it's a very valid concern. Someday Swish will realize this will all go away, not sure he'll be able to handle it - after all, there are far better people than him at gifs out there on bigger boards, and without that, what is he?

Ouch, Swish hate is at an all time high....

I still love you Swish. You always have a home in the Guard if you want to come back to join the Bluebie army.

Merekai
07-06-2015, 05:40 PM
BDA SCUM!

Chev

Llodd
07-06-2015, 05:54 PM

Yes the damage done reverberated through financial instutions worldwide. This is where it all started.

That's not to say Greece didn't have any of it's own problems, but without the total fuck up of money grabbing capitalist wankers fucking the place over things would have been less acute for Greece and worldwide.

What's amusing now is the regulations that were put in place in the US to stop this from happening again, are slowly being erroded away.

Stormfists
07-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Sub-prime caused a global collapse; fact.

Note also 90BN of Greece prop up money is US injected via German proxy trolol.

Cheers Obama.

nyclin
07-06-2015, 06:07 PM
What's amusing now is the regulations that were put in place in the US to stop this from happening again, are slowly being erroded away.

No you see, regulations are what caused this crisis. If banks were only allowed to operate with the freedom they deserve, everyone would be better for it. Yes.. that's it.

Swish
07-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Ouch, Swish hate is at an all time high....

I still love you Swish. You always have a home in the Guard if you want to come back to join the Bluebie army.

It's cool, the only thing I did in here the last couple of weeks was suggest to BDA that they might want to move themselves up to Class C.

With such a large guild it's no wonder the hate rains down, I'm outnumbered. Probably a thread on the BDA forums about these threads requiring members to post up. 1 dkp per Swish hate post? That's Chest's style - he hasn't handled all this very well himself. Snaj was a good example, cut the guy loose or support camp lawyering... that shouldn't be a hard decision.

I'm not one for RNF really, not usually. I'd just like to see a brighter sky for P99 when it comes to the raid scene. Having 2 guilds to choose from if you want to play "casually" quote unquote isn't healthy and doesn't promote competition. Especially when the lockouts prevent those 2 racing for a lot of mobs, R-FFA aside.

nyclin
07-06-2015, 06:11 PM
in BDA's defense, if people had the choice between keeping it "casual" in R or basically being required to have armies of alts camped out at every target in C, they'd probably choose R.

arsenalpow
07-06-2015, 06:18 PM
That's Chest's style

get back motherfucker, you don't know me like that

http://38.media.tumblr.com/0678d0c11210349aee9c070cc888442f/tumblr_n84p53Anlw1r426i4o6_250.gif

Troubled
07-06-2015, 06:30 PM
in BDA's defense, if people had the choice between keeping it "casual" in R or basically being required to have armies of alts camped out at every target in C, they'd probably choose R.

We're like water baby. We take up 2/3s of the server and we take the path of least resistance.

Daldaen
07-06-2015, 06:32 PM
We're like water baby. We take up 2/3s of the server and we take the path of least resistance.

Okay this made me lol really hard. Well done.

wormed
07-06-2015, 06:32 PM

Asgard does fine in Class C and I can assure you, we don't have armies of alts poopsocking targets.

Juevento
07-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Asgard does fine in Class C and I can assure you, we don't have armies of alts poopsocking targets.

Yeah but I bet we do better in R.

Tuljin
07-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Yes the damage done reverberated through financial instutions worldwide. This is where it all started.

That's not to say Greece didn't have any of it's own problems, but without the total fuck up of money grabbing capitalist wankers fucking the place over things would have been less acute for Greece and worldwide.

The American subprime mortgage crisis of 2008 and the subsequent crash has everything to do with the current European financial crisis.

American bankers were using risky banking tactics and purposely creating bad financial products that appeared to add up on paper using a method called Collateral Debt Obligation. Bear Stearns was built almost entirely on this tactic, and disappeared as part of the Great Bailout (aka money that went directly into the bankers pockets from taxpayers) The right and the media could easily pin Obama for being a "communist" but any president would have had to do the same thing (not pro-Obama by any stretch of the imagination)

What happened next? The Troubled Asset Relief Program is established (TARP) giving bankers another shady way to move money for nothing, and also the Fed drops interest rates to incredibly low levels, where they remain today. Any talk of raising these rates sends the stock market for a serious loop. The American media and sheeple hardly recognize the magnitude of this crisis in fact its largely ignored by the media, now magically unemployment is back down to 5.3% which is a completely bogus number.

Europe was rocked by the crash of 2008. Many European countries had to "borrow money" for bailouts similar to that of the American banks. The fact is is that there are multiple European countries that should have never joined the Euro currency which is in and of itself an incredible banking conspiracy. In every case, both the bankers and the politicans knew it was a bad idea, but the rich want to stay rich and they went for it anyways.

Greece signed its first μνημόνιο under the leadership of George Papandreou, and the second one under Antonis Samaras a few years later. The fact is is that the debt to GDP ratio of Greece has exploded in the past 5 years disproportionately to anything any Westernized country has ever seen. Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Italy, and other smaller countries have experienced the same explosion of debt but they get less coverage in American media due to our romanticization of Greece here.

All of these world leaders (on both sides) are educated at the same American and British elite universities. Papandreou and Samaras both went to Yale and Yianis Varoufakis the as-of-today former Minister of Economics went to Oxford. Its all the same people playing the same game. Varoufakis foresaw the American mortgage crisis of 08 in the early oughts and has several academic publications about the subject.

Europe followed America's moves exactly. Massive amounts of "bailout" money given that "couldn't be repaid." The European Central Bank has slammed interest rates and the bankers are getting money for nothing. TARP exists in Europe as the European Stabilization Mechanism (ESM) Same shit, different day essentially.

The rich have gotten incredibly wealthy from this phenomenon, and its not a coincidence. John Paulsen the famous hedge fund manager bet on the crash of 08, became a billionaire, and just last month gave a $400 million gift to Harvard. Every luxury automaker from Mercedes to Ferrari is reporting record sales and profits (luxury cars have incredible profit margins, everything else has barely any profit)

It is economic neoimperialism. Its not as black and white as "the Greeks borrowed too much money they can't pay back." Its an economic game, and the sheeple are the ones who lose. I know many of us on this server make absolutely dick for money and that isn't gonna change due to our manufacturing jobs being shipped overseas for cheap later as a part of the landmark trade deals of the past 3 decades (NAFTA, and the current one than Obama is trying to pass without the support of the Democrats, and John Boehner very recently just took his first ride on Air Force One last week...coincidence?)

Every Greek (Portuguese, Italian, et. al.) business that has to be "privatized" under the predatory terms of the bailout loans ends up being bought by a German company for pennies on the dollar with loans that have rock bottom interest rates. Greece "borrowed too much money" for the expenses for the 2004 Olympics - however the massive German company Siemens who was contracted for much of the construction was found guilty of mass counts of fraud and embezzlement - the CEO paid a paltry fine of 180k Euro and was sentenced to 24 months in jail. We are seeing the same trends with every Olympics and World Cup (Russia Winter Olympics, World Cup Qatar, World Cup Russia, etcetc) Who ----really----- borrowed that money? Also, think about everyone who doesn't get caught.

The measures against Greece have completely stifled any potential for growth. Greece only has 11 million people, 3 million of which live below the poverty line, and 1.5 million are unemployed. You can't get blood from a stone. Every "bailiout" the rich businessmen get money and the poor are screwed with the bill. The same erosion of a basic standard of living and employment has been happening in America since 2008. The world economy never bounced back, and it won't. China will (and has) emerged as an economic superpower, as well as Russia (BRICS - the Asian equivalent of the European Investment Bank) Everything will be different, and we all have gotten used to "surviving in this economy." We have been placated by the advent of the IPhone and mobile media.

I would recommend reading a book. I understand this cuts into EQ time and running guilds full of grimey, rule-breaking nubs with whom many (few) of us wouldn't even want to associate.

I have read a lot in both English and Greek and would love to have a real discussion BOTH about the global financial crisis and how to play EQ. Very few of us here want to have either one of these discussions.

P.S. Shaman is such a joke to get to 60 (as well as Cleric) which is why we even get so much of this nonsense on this server in the first place. Good luck in Velious guise, you're gonna need it

Swish
07-06-2015, 06:44 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2461263/did-not-read-lol-o.gif

Troubled
07-06-2015, 06:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8DQ0tpm.gif

arsenalpow
07-06-2015, 06:45 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2461263/did-not-read-lol-o.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8DQ0tpm.gif

Point to Troubledour.

Swish
07-06-2015, 06:45 PM
great derail tho - lets just hope BDA don't tolerate camp lawyers in their guild.

Swish
07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Point to Troubledour.

You've lost this thread by a landslide. Lets derail <3

jarshale
07-06-2015, 06:47 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/IYjiXRV622OBO/giphy.gif

jarshale
07-06-2015, 06:48 PM
what was this thread even about before?

nyclin
07-06-2015, 06:53 PM
what was this thread even about before?

BDA's involvement in the subprime mortgage crisis. Geez, did you even read the thread?

Tuljin
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I read the thread very well, my friend. Its classic P99 - people who run their mouths and have no clue what they're talking about

Ravager
07-06-2015, 06:55 PM
It's cool, the only thing I did in here the last couple of weeks was suggest to BDA that they might want to move themselves up to Class C.

Really, this is all you've been doing this entire time?

Swish
07-06-2015, 06:58 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxo7igyke51r7z81go1_400.gif

thieros
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM

WHAT?!

Swish
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxnmiV1kh1qbokzbo1_400.gif

Snaj
07-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Vaye, Belthamar, and the P99 Community,

This morning I received a private message. In the private message there was a link to a youtube video. A video of someone acting disgraceful to the BDA guild tag. The person in the video was me. I have watched this video nearly 10 times and all I remember is looking for a port to South Ro. I am pretty sure this whole situation went down in the early early morning because I did not log onto EQ until about 1AM after getting home from a bar after a birthday party. All I can say from watching this video from a sober mind set is that 1. I legitimately did not understand what it means to officially contest a camp and am appauled about how my altered state went to enforce my misinformed interpretation of that rule. And 2. I whole heartedly apologize for my attitude, language, and behavior. These few sentences have taken me forever to write and that is because I just do not know how to condone my actions or represent my regret. I always pictured myself as a valuable addition to the P99 community and realization+visualization of my actions have really humbled me. I love this server and its community.

I am sorry

-Snaj

Utmost
07-06-2015, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Raev;1964606]I watched about 5 minutes of this video. My favorite parts, in no particular order:
[list]
QUOTE]

I don't really want to go back and watch again but.. I think Snaj missuses "your" a few minutes pervious to his criticism of the same infraction upon the English lang by OP

Raev
07-06-2015, 10:36 PM
WHAT?!

I wanted to put more time into my BDA toons; doing R and C at the same time is harder now that R is a sockfest. I'm going to follow Unbrella's lead and destroy BDA from the inside.

Ravager
07-06-2015, 11:22 PM
I wanted to put more time into my BDA toons; doing R and C at the same time is harder now that R is a sockfest. I'm going to follow Unbrella's lead and destroy BDA from the inside.

The best you'll likely do is start a splinter guild with all the farmers who weren't really helping BDA in the first place.

Cecily
07-06-2015, 11:35 PM
BDA is pretty quick to discredit anyone that leaves them, but I think that's its biggest strength. A great guild for forming great guilds. FE and Omni are / were two amazingly successful splits from BDA which simply wouldn't have happened without BDA being the exceptionally welcoming, albeit dissatisfying guild that it is. So thanks for being you, BDA.

Man0warr
07-06-2015, 11:43 PM
Yeah the people from FE caused two more splinters and are now the core of Forsaken? Omni is fine I guess, if you measure your success by teaming up with two other guilds to kill stuff.

Troubled
07-06-2015, 11:47 PM
BDA is pretty quick to discredit anyone that leaves them, but I think that's its biggest strength. A great guild for forming great guilds. FE and Omni are / were two amazingly successful splits from BDA which simply wouldn't have happened without BDA being the exceptionally welcoming, albeit dissatisfying guild that it is. So thanks for being you, BDA.

Ya. Both those guilds outlasted BDA/do things.

Cecily
07-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Yeah the people from FE caused two more splinters and are now the core of Forsaken? Omni is fine I guess, if you measure your success by teaming up with two other guilds to kill stuff.

Versus measuring success with a huge in house army? EQ is a social game and working with other guilds to accomplish things is part of it, something our huge guilds in P99 usually forget. Yeah they do their thing and it works for them. So yes, very successful guild. FE was hugely successful in upsetting the TMO dominated raid scene, the first guild to do so in over a year at the time. I wouldn't expect longevity from a guild that had to play like FE and TMO 2.0 had to. Still did big things.

I'm not trying to be completely horrible when I say BDA was responsible for those 2 amazing guilds. Wouldn't have happened without you.

Man0warr
07-07-2015, 12:37 AM
BDA isn't actively bigger than Taken or Rampage, we just don't boot inactive people, and the vast majority fall into that category.

Anichek
07-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Versus measuring success with a huge in house army? EQ is a social game and working with other guilds to accomplish things is part of it, something our huge guilds in P99 usually forget. Yeah they do their thing and it works for them. So yes, very successful guild. FE was hugely successful in upsetting the TMO dominated raid scene, the first guild to do so in over a year at the time. I wouldn't expect longevity from a guild that had to play like FE and TMO 2.0 had to. Still did big things.

I'm not trying to be completely horrible when I say BDA was responsible for those 2 amazing guilds. Wouldn't have happened without you.

Cec - being social, what's wrong with us having a lot of people actually stick around in our guild?

The social aspect can be intra and inter guild.

Cecily
07-07-2015, 01:06 AM
The game we play, it's all intra thanks to guild sizes. Large part of the reason guilds are so awful to each other when they do need to interact.

Jfertal
07-07-2015, 01:27 AM

slayed it

Stormfists
07-07-2015, 03:01 AM
Omni is fine I guess, if you measure your success by teaming up with two other guilds to kill stuff.

Bit harsh bro, given BDA roster exceeds that of those 3 guilds combined.

Fat girl calls other fat girl fat. Both fat.

Man0warr
07-07-2015, 08:43 AM
BDA roster is inflated with inactives. You telling me those 3 guilds combined get less than 45 for raids? Because that's what we get on average.

Llodd
07-07-2015, 08:51 AM
More yes, for sure, and mandatory raiding isnt a requirement /boggle; but why do so many BDA people go inactive ? sounds like you have a problem.

Mead
07-07-2015, 09:39 AM
A lot of guilds have a policy that if you are on you must be raiding. This is nothing new. You join the guild knowing the policy. If you don't like it then that's not the place for you.

Also, this game is 16 years old, how do you expect people to not go inactive? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you're trolling, not mentally handicapped.

feanan
07-07-2015, 09:46 AM
There are thousands of inactive accounts of people who have stopped playing...I mean, 5 years of kunark is enough for most.

So they went inactive and stayed in their guild. big deal.

I guess BDA should be given shit because they aren't assholes like the rest of you guys who apparently will kick your guildies when they don't log in for a week or whatever.

Stormfists
07-07-2015, 09:55 AM
We're all middle age nerds reliving our youth in a 20 year old elf sim because we refuse to grow up and accept the inevitable progression of life toward an unstoppable march towards death. We're here because no one else will take us.

With so much in common... can't we all just get along?

Swish
07-07-2015, 10:00 AM
i was here first
no you werent
yes i was
nope
yes
nope
petitioned
petitioned as well

pras to the staff who put up with this shit day in day out

bktroost
07-07-2015, 10:41 AM
The game we play, it's all intra thanks to guild sizes. Large part of the reason guilds are so awful to each other when they do need to interact.

Not all guilds are awful to each other. Even when competing, some guilds will do the whole competitive banter thing, but /cheer when the enemy wins fairly. There are some in Class R who do not, but most are pretty friendly.

bktroost
07-07-2015, 10:47 AM
BDA roster is inflated with inactives. You telling me those 3 guilds combined get less than 45 for raids? Because that's what we get on average.

At our last Talendor we had 11/11 and 13. So the answer is yes. All of us in our primetime can muster 50 or so, but none of us have 45+ people interested in logging in during off hours.

Also, we don't always have to team up, but we do. The last Inny we did was 40+ AG, 3 europa and 1 omni. It was our prime time. There was a gore that was primarily Omni and Europa and had 1 AG bard. It is what it is. We like playing together, but don't have an interest in living together. I have neighbors that I hang out with every night; doesn't mean I want to sleep in their bed.

Zoesha
07-07-2015, 11:46 AM

I like how the cleric has DB loaded instead of DA. Since DA is in fact 1 second cast vs 2 second cast.

Zoesha
07-07-2015, 11:47 AM
I like how the cleric has DB loaded instead of DA. Since DA is in fact 1 second cast vs 2 second cast.

And also 1/10th of the mana cost :P

sulious
07-07-2015, 11:51 AM
We're all middle age nerds reliving our youth in a 20 year old elf sim because we refuse to grow up and accept the inevitable progression of life toward an unstoppable march towards death. We're here because no one else will take us.

With so much in common... can't we all just get along?

lawls. Me like:)

nyclin
07-07-2015, 12:21 PM
I like how Snaj posted an apology like 3 pages ago and nobody actually said anything about it

Poltergist
07-07-2015, 12:26 PM
I like how Snaj posted an apology like 3 pages ago and nobody actually said anything about it

Kengo
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM

No one is actually here for the incident at hand.

Welcome to RNF!

Destron
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM

We're calling that an apology? Sounded like he's playing the drunk card or something like that. Weak attempt at an apology. BDA reacts to a clear case of a guy acting like a fool with derails and blame shifting.

Poltergist
07-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Honestly, he didnt even need to apologize. Given the fact that chest hasn't said definitively whether or not he was booting him from BDA I assume his spot in the Zerg was safe and sound.

Just BDA things.

Llodd
07-07-2015, 12:31 PM
A lot of guilds have a policy that if you are on you must be raiding. This is nothing new. You join the guild knowing the policy. If you don't like it then that's not the place for you.

Also, this game is 16 years old, how do you expect people to not go inactive? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you're trolling, not mentally handicapped.

A bit of both. This is, after all, just another bash bda thread yes ? ;)

It didn't escape me though that even considering the mandtory nature of raiding in said guild plus the greater app numbers, inactivity levels appear higher than other guilds. I was wondering why that was.

Cecily
07-07-2015, 12:32 PM
No one is actually here for the incident at hand.

Welcome to RNF!

I'm just here to make fun of BDA. Did something happen?

Man0warr
07-07-2015, 01:46 PM
At our last Talendor we had 11/11 and 13. So the answer is yes. All of us in our primetime can muster 50 or so, but none of us have 45+ people interested in logging in during off hours.

Also, we don't always have to team up, but we do. The last Inny we did was 40+ AG, 3 europa and 1 omni. It was our prime time. There was a gore that was primarily Omni and Europa and had 1 AG bard. It is what it is. We like playing together, but don't have an interest in living together. I have neighbors that I hang out with every night; doesn't mean I want to sleep in their bed.

I'm not knocking how you guys choose to raid, do what's fun. Was just responding to trolls to have work go by faster.

slappytwotoes
07-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Vaye, Belthamar, and the P99 Community,

This morning I received a private message. In the private message there was a link to a youtube video. A video of someone acting disgraceful to the BDA guild tag. The person in the video was me. I have watched this video nearly 10 times and all I remember is looking for a port to South Ro. I am pretty sure this whole situation went down in the early early morning because I did not log onto EQ until about 1AM after getting home from a bar after a birthday party. All I can say from watching this video from a sober mind set is that 1. I legitimately did not understand what it means to officially contest a camp and am appauled about how my altered state went to enforce my misinformed interpretation of that rule. And 2. I whole heartedly apologize for my attitude, language, and behavior. These few sentences have taken me forever to write and that is because I just do not know how to condone my actions or represent my regret. I always pictured myself as a valuable addition to the P99 community and realization+visualization of my actions have really humbled me. I love this server and its community.

I am sorry

-Snaj

Woah he totally did and I missed it too. Think my brain shut off after all that Greece subprime BS

wormed
07-07-2015, 02:45 PM

It got ignored because it had the, "I was drunk. I'm sorry." I've been slammed many times, doesn't make me turn into a raging twat online.

Kengo
07-07-2015, 03:13 PM
It got ignored because it had the, "I was drunk. I'm sorry." I've been slammed many times, doesn't make me turn into a raging twat online.

Because you = everyone else.

While I'm not sure if I believe him or not, and it definitely doesn't excuse him for his actions, I have seen some otherwise "nice" individuals turn aggressive and hangry after consuming too much alcohol.

What that excuse doesn't work for, is your girlfriend sleeping with every dude at the party or DWIs.

wormed
07-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Because you = everyone else.

While I'm not sure if I believe him or not, and it definitely doesn't excuse him for his actions, I have seen some otherwise "nice" individuals turn aggressive and hangry after consuming too much alcohol.

What that excuse doesn't work for, is your girlfriend sleeping with every dude at the party or DWIs.

Those "nice" individuals are probably closet douchebags.

Cecily
07-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Those "nice" individuals are probably closet douchebags.

And the overtly hostile people like myself are the actual nice ones. Weird isn't it?

dafier
07-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Well, an apology is a start. But, hoping people will forgive you when the underline is "I was drunk and I am sorry now that I am sober" is a long shot.

Don't get me wrong; I feel that it takes a grown up to openly apologize. And, because I make mistakes like everyone else, it's difficult for me personally not to forgive on the first offense.

But, also, personally, you have only 1 chance with me. Meaning, if you are truly sorry, don't screw up again because if you do, I will just blow you off as a typical repeat offender.

Just my thoughts.

bktroost
07-07-2015, 06:15 PM
And the overtly hostile people like myself are the actual nice ones. Weird isn't it?

Who else is calling you overtly hostile. In my recent memory I seem to only recall you calling yourself a rude person... yet if you scan through random server thread posts of noobs honestly asking questions, you will find Cecily making some poignant, sometimes snarky, solution.

skipdog
07-07-2015, 06:40 PM
So... this Snaj guys still has BDA tag?

WE NEED AN OFFICIAL ANSWER!!!

gkmarino
07-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm glad the two people were there to deal with Snaj in such a responsible way. I'm all for giving second chances, we are always becoming better people.

Hopefully this incident will cause Snaj to step back and say "Woah, wtf was I doing, I was trying to steal a camp for a cheap ass item, that is a really rare drop. I was willing to forget they were actually people like me on the other side of the keyboard."

I think if we can forgive, hopefully Snaj can become a better person, learn the play nice rules and become a cleaner player. I'm all for second chances though.

Clasick
07-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Snaj:

What's with the drunk excuse ?
You offer an apology in one breath then say you had no idea what you were doing because you were drunk in the next. The fact that your guild and officers forced you to apologize makes this even more of a joke.

Why not just nut up and admit you acted like an asshole and leave it at that ?
No one cares why you acted the way you did and frankly there is no plausible excuse for you carrying on like this ! All we care about is that you did act that way !

From what I saw in the video you were not playing or talking like someone who was blackout drunk.

I call bullshit on your weak excuse !

jarshale
07-07-2015, 08:58 PM
BDA supports camp stealing alcoholics now?

bktroost
07-07-2015, 09:05 PM
I have booted three people from Azure Guard for getting drunk and being rude and offensive to guildies and non-guildies. You gotta make the call, regardless of a person's life problems.

Juevento
07-07-2015, 10:19 PM
I have booted three people from Azure Guard for getting drunk and being rude and offensive to guildies and non-guildies. You gotta make the call, regardless of a person's life problems.

I wish they'd boot you from AG. Then we wouldn't have to put up with your self righteous bullshit.

Archalen
07-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Feels good to be in a guild that hasn't had to change names or servers, hehe.

Poltergist
07-07-2015, 10:40 PM

This is not an all of the sudden issue.
This is a trend.

Nivar Quartz
07-08-2015, 12:11 AM

Yes, the answer is yes.

http://i.imgur.com/TODoTKT.gif

contemptor
07-08-2015, 12:29 AM
But then BDA would have like 3 people

Mead
07-08-2015, 01:04 AM
There have to be some young doctors around here that BDA can refer him to for some mandatory substance abuse and behavior disorder counseling.

Raidz
07-08-2015, 05:59 AM
remember the 90's when Boris Yeltsin phoned Clinton in the middle of the night and threatend to nuke him - then woke up the next morning rang him back and said "Sorry bud I was smashed last night".

BDA, you are Boris Yeltsin - drinking alone making empty threats.
P99, we are Clinton - getting sloppy BJs from semi-hot milfs.

incoming A Juevento spinning dervish... green con, solo'able.

Rayzor84
07-08-2015, 07:02 AM
remember the 90's when Boris Yeltsin phoned Clinton in the middle of the night and threatend to nuke him - then woke up the next morning rang him back and said "Sorry bud I was smashed last night".

BDA, you are Boris Yeltsin - drinking alone making empty threats.
P99, we are Clinton - getting sloppy BJs from semi-hot milfs.

incoming A Juevento spinning dervish... green con, solo'able.

Monica was a disgusting whale dude.

Juevento
07-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Monica was a disgusting whale dude.

dafier
07-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Monica is and always was a disgusting whale.

Corrected that for you.

Sixpence
07-08-2015, 09:49 AM
I felt sorry for Kantik, talk about awkward...Poor Wolf.

Merekai
07-08-2015, 10:34 AM
I wish they'd boot you from AG. Then we wouldn't have to put up with your self righteous bullshit.

I've booted one from AG for being drunk and extremely disrespectful to guildies/officers and training/cursing out majority of a zone. If placing a high value on the mutual respect of your guild members and the positive representation of the tag you wear amounts to self righteous bullshit in your eyes then sign me up for inclusion in this club. Not sure what the fuck you all are doing over there but this sure explains some of interactions I've had over the past few years with people flying the BDA tag.

This is not to say I haven't had fun with anyone in BDA. Can't say that your attitude helps, though. Do not fret! I will still buff and port you all =)

Chev

Raev
07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna go with Marilyn over Monica.

wormed
07-08-2015, 11:28 AM

I LIKE YOU, CECILY! You invited me to HS. You're cool in my books.

Destron
07-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I would.

http://i.imgur.com/3Q9tl72.png

Kengo
07-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Any time I see that much gum in a chick's smile, I think of Mister Ed.

Tuljin
07-08-2015, 01:59 PM
As sad as it is that Monica's negative publicity really did screw up her life (and she's also the the reason why The Drudge Report became so huge) she has certainly profited off her books and public appearances as a part of her "coming back" to the public limelight.

She has a pretty face but in the late 90s she was a whale. She skimmed probably 60 pounds and she looks great in this picture after professional makeup, photography, and thousands upon thousands of dollars of professional help.

jakedubbleya
07-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Man, Snaj aint the quickest troll under the bridge is he?

dafier
07-08-2015, 03:29 PM
I would.

http://i.imgur.com/3Q9tl72.png

Showing half the arm...you don't want to see what's below the neck.

Penthouse
07-09-2015, 03:06 AM
I watched 17 mins of it. I don't get what the big deal is. If he walks to the spawn point and doesn't have to walk through group thats clearing nearby, and no one is at the spawn point either, it should be his. Thats even if he didnt call camp check. Camp check does help with communication but its by no means verification. It is on the sneakier side to move in with no CC but its but it doesnt make his actions flat out wrong given what I saw on the video.

Tenlaar
07-09-2015, 10:28 AM
I watched 17 mins of it. I don't get what the big deal is.

You don't "get" what the server camp rules are, either.

gkmarino
07-09-2015, 01:19 PM
I watched 17 mins of it. I don't get what the big deal is. If he walks to the spawn point and doesn't have to walk through group thats clearing nearby, and no one is at the spawn point either, it should be his. Thats even if he didnt call camp check. Camp check does help with communication but its by no means verification. It is on the sneakier side to move in with no CC but its but it doesnt make his actions flat out wrong given what I saw on the video.1. You may not steal kills.

Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of an NPC for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group that is prepared to engage that same NPC without that group's specific permission.

The intent of this rule is discourage and make note of habitual Kill Stealers, not to punish those who honestly try to work together or those who make an honest mistake. Its enforcement by the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will reflect this philosophy.

2. You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns.

Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes a camp. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possbily a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. It should also be noted that if you camp out or leave the zone, you have forfeited a camp. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Tuljin
07-09-2015, 02:18 PM
I watched 17 mins of it. I don't get what the big deal is.

You don't "get" what the server camp rules are, either.

Most people on this server don't "get" how to play EQ

Rararboker
07-09-2015, 02:43 PM
I watched 17 mins of it. I don't get what the big deal is. If he walks to the spawn point and doesn't have to walk through group thats clearing nearby, and no one is at the spawn point either, it should be his. Thats even if he didnt call camp check. Camp check does help with communication but its by no means verification. It is on the sneakier side to move in with no CC but its but it doesnt make his actions flat out wrong given what I saw on the video.

If the PH was spawned and unattended for several minutes then you'd be right. It becomes free game at that point. Though, it also requires you are able to kill the mob. The guy in question didn't meet any of these requirements. Hopefully that clears it up.

bktroost
07-09-2015, 03:17 PM
There is a distinct lack of reading the PnP going on here. P99 isn't some IKEA product where you can throw away the instructions and figure it out. You don't get to live by a set of rules just because it's logical to you. If a man leaves his wife for a period of time and you are stronger and think you desire her more, then, in a world without rules, logic dictates that she should belong to you. USA don't work that way. Laws exist. PnP is the law of the land.

If someone comes up on a camp that has no players or mobs and a player shows up, he has the right to give up whatever other camp he was multi-camping and stake claim on whichever one he wants more. Thems the rules.

Go read Thomas Hobbs and you'll see that this is not a new concept.

hatelore
07-09-2015, 04:04 PM

Don't worry Chest, tiggles and his crew of Tmo are getting anal raped daily on red. It's normal to lash out like he is, after all of these ass whippings he has got recently. Just last week we killed this turd on the way to fear. Then we came back in force and made them leave their raid lawl.

Tmo should have stayed on blue, they get dunked on on the daily~

eisley
07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
If the PH was spawned and unattended for several minutes then you'd be right. It becomes free game at that point. Though, it also requires you are able to kill the mob. The guy in question didn't meet any of these requirements. Hopefully that clears it up.

Project 1999, sign up today

Kengo
07-09-2015, 04:11 PM
There is a distinct lack of reading the PnP going on here. P99 isn't some IKEA product where you can throw away the instructions and figure it out. You don't get to live by a set of rules just because it's logical to you. If a man leaves his wife for a period of time and you are stronger and think you desire her more, then, in a world without rules, logic dictates that she should belong to you. USA don't work that way. Laws exist. PnP is the law of the land.

If someone comes up on a camp that has no players or mobs and a player shows up, he has the right to give up whatever other camp he was multi-camping and stake claim on whichever one he wants more. Thems the rules.

Go read Thomas Hobbs and you'll see that this is not a new concept.

So, if you own 3 houses and you're currently not at House #1, I can go there and contest it, to make you choose which house you want to stay at?

Using RL analogies for made-up rules in a 15-year old elf simulator is straight up tard status.

Rararboker
07-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Project 1999, sign up today

Today! Because there is no 6 box teams of mages like the competitors.

Cecily
07-09-2015, 04:36 PM
So, if you own 3 houses and you're currently not at House #1, I can go there and contest it, to make you choose which house you want to stay at?

Using RL analogies for made-up rules in a 15-year old elf simulator is straight up tard status.

Only because people here are unimaginative idiots that can't see how that, yes, your fucked up RL analogy is perfect for camp disputes in P99.

eisley
07-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Some say it's just game, I say valuable training for future paralegal career

Samoht
07-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Exactly. It's virtual. No real houses are harmed in the process of clearing up your camp dispute.

Rararboker
07-09-2015, 04:41 PM
The p99 Bar is great training for the real Bar. I offer discounted tutoring rates to forum goers.

bktroost
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM

It's a perfect analogy, because rape and robbery are illegal. The analogy is not specific to the circumstance, it's inductive of a rule being absolute despite the participants bias.

TarukShmaruk
07-09-2015, 04:58 PM
All of this could have been avoided with a simple "hey you know what I was being a total dick and I apologize, it won't happen again"

Instead we got bullshit excuses about being drunk - basically like "my little brother was playing" and a bunch of bullshit PR posts from BDA.

2/10

gkmarino
07-09-2015, 06:28 PM
All of this could have been avoided with a simple "hey you know what I was being a total dick and I apologize, it won't happen again"

Instead we got bullshit excuses about being drunk - basically like "my little brother was playing" and a bunch of bullshit PR posts from BDA.

2/10Wait being drunk isn't a valid excuse for a raging adult who is ruining others' experiences?

kaev
07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Wait being drunk isn't a valid excuse for a raging adult who is ruining others' experiences?

1950 was a long time ago bro

Deliverator
07-09-2015, 07:23 PM

This analogy is completely inaccurate.

This is a situation in which you have direct physical claim on temporarily rented property. Meaning the camp doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the server. You are borrowing it as long as you are in the physical vicinity or making use of it. Because that rental agreement includes a stipulation in which you must give up claim to any facility you are utilizing if it is contested and you are not willing to make your presence physical to that specific location and relinquish all rights to any other utilized facilities so that the contesting party has the opportunity to access those facilities.

Or just because you are in the bathroom doesn't mean someone else can't piss in the urinal you aren't currently pissing in.

Cecily
07-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Or just because you are in the bathroom doesn't mean someone else can't piss in the urinal you aren't currently pissing in.

It's not beyond the realm of reason to imagine a situation in which one person could lock down multiple urinals. Just because someone isn't currently pissing in one, doesn't mean they won't be returning shortly to pee in the other. In these situations, you have to communicate with the person and ask them to pick a urinal. Just because they aren't peeing there at the moment doesn't mean their claim to the urinal is invalid because you want to use it. We have these rules to keep people from peeing all over each other,

kaev
07-09-2015, 09:02 PM
It's not beyond the realm of reason to imagine a situation in which one person could lock down multiple urinals. Just because someone isn't currently pissing in one, doesn't mean they won't be returning shortly to pee in the other. In these situations, you have to communicate with the person and ask them to pick a urinal. Just because they aren't peeing there at the moment doesn't mean their claim to the urinal is invalid because you want to use it. We have these rules to keep people from peeing all over each other,

Sadly, the pissing contest has caused a great deal of collateral damage. :(

Anichek
07-09-2015, 11:16 PM

So would that make viper piss the eq equivalent of two boxing?

Swish
07-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Bump

Snaj still tagged?

arsenalpow
07-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Bump

Snaj still tagged?

Yes, sorry social justice warrior Swish. Maybe next time.

Juevento
07-19-2015, 10:53 PM
Bump

Snaj still tagged?

Shit, Kegluas is still tagged Rampage after his homophobic rage-fest.

Getting booted from one of these guilds is sort of like getting fired from a union job.

Ella`Ella
07-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Absolutely disgusting that BDA does nothing to try and purge this type of filth from their ranks. Speaks volumes about the leadership; the same leadership that destroyed the Class-R rotation by bullying all the smaller guilds.

Actually, come to think of it, I guess Snaj fits right in with BDA.

Ravager
07-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Absolutely disgusting that BDA does nothing to try and purge this type of filth from their ranks. Speaks volumes about the leadership; the same leadership that destroyed the Class-R rotation by bullying all the smaller guilds.

Actually, come to think of it, I guess Snaj fits right in with BDA.

Ever get around to /gkicking Dinacarl?

Gagorders
07-19-2015, 11:29 PM
Ever get around to /gkicking Dinacarl?

Hard to kick someone that hasn't logged in, in half a year.

Cecily
07-19-2015, 11:37 PM
I think he was kicked, and never tagged again actually. Why he should have been kicked, I don't know. TMO genuinely disliked BDA. Dina was a hero. He should have eaten a ban / dkp hit and been welcomed back afterward. Somehow that didn't happen. It seems like guilds feel entitled to let other guilds know who they are allowed to have on their roster. The reality of the situation was Dina's train was hilarious, but not congruent with TMO's pipe dream of reforming their image to being nice guys, so he had to be let go by leadership far too concerned about BDA's hurt feelings.

ctre
07-20-2015, 01:35 AM

That being said, it's always fun to watch folks with no conflict resolution skills attempt social interactions. That goes for both parties. I watched that video until the 27 min mark and saw all I needed to. Four things came to mind while watching aside from Snaj being a fucking douche nozzle. Again, I want to be upfront and state that there is no excuse for Snaj's reprehensible actions regardless of what transpired.

2. Does your enchanter have the clarity spell? Holy crap, I got super fixated on your lack of clarity through the entire time I watched. I don't think you got higher than 55% mana that whole time.

4. If you want a fast resolution to an issue with a BDA member, shoot a tell to any member and ask for an officer. They will for sure immediately address your concern.

Since this is RnF; fuck you Houndstooth.

/sigh

The above response is exactly the reason this ends up on RNF.
Do you have faith in BDA if you see this stuff.

answer = no.

( I feel some BDA Love coming my way).:D:D:D:D:D

Troubled
07-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Thread is old and fat. Snaj is our new leader. Fuck off.

captnamazing
07-20-2015, 01:45 AM
snaj is chest

Cecily
07-20-2015, 01:52 AM

That's the exact type of attitude to have when a self righteous mob comes demanding you kick someone. Wrong or not.
Laugh at them and tell them to fuck off.

Swish
07-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Yes, sorry social justice warrior Swish. Maybe next time.

Shit, Kegluas is still tagged Rampage after his homophobic rage-fest.

Getting booted from one of these guilds is sort of like getting fired from a union job.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/4/1/7/1/2/3/its-okay-to-feel-mad-105603609040.jpeg

Troubled
07-20-2015, 08:26 AM
You're trying too hard buddy. This 7 month long crusade isn't paying off for ya. Should go back to posting cats saying 'red is da best.'

LostCause
07-20-2015, 08:45 AM
you ever get 60 yet or only log on red for raids?

Swish
07-20-2015, 09:28 AM
You're trying too hard buddy. This 7 month long crusade isn't paying off for ya. Should go back to posting cats saying 'red is da best.'

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tumblr_lcgzrrF8ho1qdsu67o1_500.gif

Still getting angry replies, maybe you're replying too hard <3

Bboboo
07-20-2015, 09:30 AM
What did you guys do to Swish anyway? You make fun of his reddit gifs or something?

Swish
07-20-2015, 09:40 AM
BDA Code of Conduct

Maturity
We expect a degree of maturity from all members of Bregan D'Aerth. We expect maturity both within the guild and outside of the guild. You will treat others with respect at all times. We do encourage playful banter; having fun is why we are here. However, you must use your own judgement and be careful not to cross lines.

Be kind to your fellow members and members of the server community.

Guild Tag
You must display your guild tag at all times. Use /roleplay if you wish to have your level and class concealed. You may not have characters tagged in competitor guilds.

Project1999 Forums
You represent Bregan D'Aerth while posting on those forums, and we expect you to act like an adult.

I think lines have been crossed and Troubledour is acting in an immature manner, who do I complain to?

All I did was ask if Snaj was still tagged and there's angry immature posters breaking the BDA Code of Conduct left and right.

Samoht
07-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Now, I'm not saying swish was ever a high quality poster (After 12,000 posts, you'd think that at least one or two was good, right? Nope.), but now he's seriously turning into the classic red shit-poster replying to every post with UMADBRO and WHYUMADBRO.

The strange thing is that the only person here mad appears to be Swish because he's not getting his justice against BDA.

WHYUMADBRO?

dafier
07-20-2015, 10:06 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ba/91/95/ba9195e0047ad1b37f3e31b43d22093e.jpg

Ravager
07-20-2015, 10:08 AM
People stopped caring weeks ago. Swish needs new material, or at least a friend.

Corpsed
07-20-2015, 10:24 AM
FQers have moved on but there are plenty of people who read the forums who don't post 10 times a day who will see this and agree/disagree with BDA leadership's decision. That's how reputations are made.

Ravager
07-20-2015, 11:02 AM
People still listen to Swish and Tiggles, so you can see what reputation counts for around here anyway.

Man0warr
07-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Nothing BDA says or does will change their reputation in the eyes of RnF. Better to just continuing using it as entertainment/time waster at work.

Tuljin
07-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Nothing BDA says or does will change their reputation in the eyes of RnF. Better to just continuing using it as entertainment/time waster at work.

I think a big part of changing your reputation is having players that are able to play their way out of a basic 2 or 3 melee mob encounter, something the the vast majority of the players on this server can't do, regardless of their tag

Pras RnF time wasting at work

Kengo
07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
FQers have moved on but there are plenty of people who read the forums who don't post 10 times a day who will see this and agree/disagree with BDA leadership's decision. That's how reputations are made.

I think it's safe to say this is entirely false. I'm assuming a majority of P99 players don't check the forums and if they do, I doubt they look at this shitfest.

A guild's reputation is decided ingame. And unfortunately, all guilds have bad apples. I'm sure this faceroll duo comp has already moved on. We should too, Corpsed. Take my hand.

Swish
07-20-2015, 01:49 PM
People stopped caring weeks ago. Swish needs new material, or at least a friend.

People still listen to Swish and Tiggles, so you can see what reputation counts for around here anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/1gSSp1P.gif

Swish
07-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Take heed...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/20/4d/c2/204dc216d803f2c07bcad90e4b862d1a.jpg

Troubled
07-20-2015, 02:39 PM
you ever get 60 yet or only log on red for raids?

Yes.

slappytwotoes
07-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Now, I'm not saying swish was ever a high quality poster (After 12,000 posts, you'd think that at least one or two was good, right? Nope.), but now he's seriously turning into the classic red shit-poster replying to every post with UMADBRO and WHYUMADBRO.

Red. Not even once

Swish
07-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Nice bump, Snaj still tagged... camp lawyers welcome in bda as well as people with racist avatars

JurisDictum
07-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Nice bump, Snaj still tagged... camp lawyers welcome in bda as well as people with racist avatars

This

And to all the dumbasses that are arguing it was within Snaj right to steal a camp -- reread the rules and stop spreading BS info.

Samoht
07-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Swish is a social justice warrior now? Just when you think he could reach a new low, he comes around and surprises you. Should really stick to posting red recruitment threads.

Swish
07-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Swish is a social justice warrior now? Just when you think he could reach a new low, he comes around and surprises you. Should really stick to posting red recruitment threads.

stay mad Samoht, you seem to be very good at that. I feel bad for your keyboard.

B4EQWASCOOL
07-24-2015, 09:54 PM
stay mad Samoht, you seem to be very good at that. I feel bad for your keyboard.

I laughed. And I genuinely do feel bad for a lot of keyboards.

This should not have been a 26 page thread.

Step away and think about the big picture. You are furiously posting on a video game forum like you have money or your health to lose over something going on here.

Breathe.

JurisDictum
07-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Didn't read through all pages so not sure if it was said.

I also don't know the exact details of this even do I won't comment on that.

But I just wanted to clarify that it DOES say in the rules that you must "maintain a presence AT or NEAR the spawn you are camping". I can pull up the rule if you like, but it's right there under the play nice policy.

Again, don't know exactly how far away you were from the camp. But it's possible you were actually the cause of the entire debacle.

"You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp.'

WoW that took 30 secs. Yes you. You came unto the thread "derp I didn't read anything, no nothing about the situation, and am fuzzy on the server rules..but IMO..."

JurisDictum
07-25-2015, 01:31 PM
"You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it."

It occurred to me i should have included the part you were talking about -- which is when the camp is contested. And look, maybe I'm being over the top, but one of the peeves of my profession is people that go around spreading false information about the law. I guess that even includes p1999.

So in this situation: shaman comes to contest, they had to sit near the spawn to avoid him stealing the camp, then he tried to KS anyway.

Champion_Standing
07-25-2015, 02:44 PM
didn't read or watch

Shrubwise
07-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Chortled. Thx

JurisDictum
07-25-2015, 03:30 PM
One, I never said I was fuzzy about the server rules.

No, I did.

Two, no detailed specifics were given, such as how far away the person was from their camp, hence me not knowing the full details. I never said I wasn't aware of the situation.
Three, I said I didn't continue to read every single page of the thread to find out if someone posted my response."

I using a slight bit of hyperbole there. When you said: "Didn't read through all pages so not sure if it was said.," It gave me the impression you prob scanned the the first page and posted. This is something a lot of people do and it leads to unhelpful posts.

Four, this wasn't a discussion about "claiming a camp while not being at the spawn", it was about owning a camp, leaving the spawn and coming back in time to kill it.

Five, taken directly from the PnP "In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead.".

This is your central point. It is completely wrong. You only need to be close/on the spawn if the camp is contested. Otherwise, you roam and exp while camping a rare spawn. Someone can't zone in, run to the camp where you aren't physically present (but were clearly farming) and claim the camp. They can force you to pick one if you are doing multiple camps.

Six, just to make things clear on your supposition of claiming a camp, the above statement means it's literally impossible to claim a camp while not bring at the spawn.

See 5

Get a clue about the rules before trying to lawyerquest me, and learn reading comprehension so you won't be almost entirely wrong about commenting on someone's post..

Considering you clearly didn't understand the quote from the server rules (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299), you have a lot of balls criticizing anyone's reading comprehension.

JurisDictum
07-25-2015, 04:09 PM
I see, the problem here is outdated information on the guidebook rules.

The last time I played (2011, 2012 maybe?) the thread you just linked didn't exist. It has a much broader clarification of the rules it seems.

So on that note I'll concede I was incorrect and apologize.

Takes bigger balls to apologize and admit to ignorance.

NP, I admit I was overly rude in my first post.