PDA

View Full Version : Contemptor <BDA> "zerging is bad"

Swish
07-02-2015, 12:47 AM
It's so cute when empire raids with 100 and lols at at the only opposing guilds. Enjoy your uncontested PVE on the 300pop server made up of 1/3 your guild.

BDA guy lecturing red forums about how bad it is to zerg.

Gave me a good laugh, ty.

http://rs1114.pbsrc.com/albums/k528/keveri/Misc/Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif~c200

(better send the spin department down, buttercup)

arsenalpow
07-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Blue guild with low barrier to entry has inflated roster, send a news team, quick!

Prismaticshop
07-02-2015, 07:17 AM
I must admit, Swish one of the last persons to keep RnF entertaining.

pras Swish!

contemptor
07-02-2015, 07:41 AM
Blue guild with low barrier to entry has inflated roster, send a news team, quick!
CNN is in plane of fear as we speak.

And the only way the comparison would work is if BDA was raiding with 500 and then made RNF threads about Haggard Krew

Zadrian
07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
BDA guy lecturing red forums about how bad it is to zerg.

Gave me a good laugh, ty.

http://rs1114.pbsrc.com/albums/k528/keveri/Misc/Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif~c200

(better send the spin department down, buttercup)

Cmon Swish, BDA is my home!

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/909/868/2868909.jpg

bktroost
07-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Cmon Swish, BDA is my home!

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/909/868/2868909.jpg

BDA is half the server's home.

Zadrian
07-02-2015, 10:07 AM
BDA is half the server's home.

She's an old girl, but she still knows how to get around.

arsenalpow
07-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Let's bring some facts to the discussion.

Currently 385 members are registered to our boards.

240 members have logged into the boards in the past 30 days, the other 150ish are basically ghosts/inactives for all intents and purposes. I'd also say that a sizable chunk of those 240 are only on the forums really, being that we're more of a community than a raid guild.

I'd say that we have around 100-150 people that have actually logged into EQ in the past month, taking 40-50+ or so to a scheduled event like sky or that stanos event we did a few weeks ago. We get between 30-40 on a primetime Batphone call, and had about 25-30 during that 4am earthquake.

You may now go back to telling me about my guild.

dafier
07-02-2015, 10:21 AM
She's an old girl, but she still knows how to get around.

http://media.giphy.com/media/mIZ9rPeMKefm0/giphy.gif

Uh uh ya...uh uh get some baby!

dafier
07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Let's bring some facts to the discussion.

Currently 385 members are registered to our boards.

240 members have logged into the boards in the past 30 days, the other 150ish are basically ghosts/inactives for all intents and purposes. I'd also say that a sizable chunk of those 240 are only on the forums really, being that we're more of a community than a raid guild.

I'd say that we have around 100-150 people that have actually logged into EQ in the past month, taking 40-50+ or so to a scheduled event like sky or that stanos event we did a few weeks ago. We get between 30-40 on a primetime Batphone call, and had about 25-30 during that 4am earthquake.

You tell em boss!

- Rebbon
Proud BDA member

arsenalpow
07-02-2015, 10:28 AM
And holy shit we're up to 40 apps/recruits at the moment. Need to clean some house y'all.

Zadrian
07-02-2015, 10:41 AM
And holy shit we're up to 40 apps/recruits at the moment. Need to clean some house y'all.

Ya'll need to stop mass recruiting!

Swish
07-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Any other Class R guilds got this policy?

Raid Policies

Raid Attendance
We expect you to raid with us if you're online (and will continue to be online for the duration of the event) when a raid is called. Raid dodging (failure to show up for a raid because you wanted to do something else in game) will not be tolerated.

Keeping the tier nice and casual I see.

As you like spouting facts Chest you wanna tell everyone how many trak teeth BDA has? Why not have a guild policy of selling them in EC so that a Class R guild with a backbone can have a shot in VP and contest?

Cecily
07-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Lol, I don't even think the class C guilds have that policy.

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2015, 10:48 AM
As you like spouting facts Chest you wanna tell everyone how many trak teeth BDA has? Why not have a guild policy of selling them in EC so that a Class R guild with a backbone can have a shot in VP and contest?

daaaaayum

arsenalpow
07-02-2015, 10:57 AM

That type of raid attendance only kicks in for high priority shit. If we're doing hate/fear/royals we really don't give a crap, but if it's a repop you better damn sure be mobilizing to assist the guild instead of plopping down at a cash camp. God forbid we expect our members to contribute.

Our current key list says 71 players. I'd say at minimum 20 of those players are absolutely inactive. So that's a pool of 50 to draw from on a batphone.

Jfertal
07-02-2015, 12:05 PM
That type of raid attendance only kicks in for high priority shit. If we're doing hate/fear/royals we really don't give a crap, but if it's a repop you better damn sure be mobilizing to assist the guild instead of plopping down at a cash camp. God forbid we expect our members to contribute.

Our current key list says 71 players. I'd say at minimum 20 of those players are absolutely inactive. So that's a pool of 50 to draw from on a batphone.

Out of that 50 id like a list of all current work schedules, if any, i need to know log in times, and raid attendance.

Llodd
07-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else refuse to join a guild where the leader refers to said guild as their own ? Can't stand that egotistical crap.

The only other guild where I've heard the leader say the same shite is TMO ;)

Juevento
07-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else refuse to join a guild where the leader refers to said guild as their own ? Can't stand that egotistical crap.

The only other guild where I've heard the leader say the same shite is TMO ;)

The real funny thing is, Chest isn't even really the leader of BDA. He's just this guy who has been around for a while and talks a lot of crap.

quido
07-02-2015, 01:47 PM
kings of the kiddie pool

dafier
07-02-2015, 01:56 PM
The real funny thing is, Chest isn't even really the leader of BDA. He's just this guy who has been around for a while and talks a lot of crap.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/6d/6dc71cf2203e533422965b51ef761e438b8076aaa4e50d0cf3 60d0028c583d1a.jpg

Bill Tetley
07-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Currently 385 members

LOL... I didn't think it was that bad... oh my!

This gives me a chuckle too...

being that we're more of a community than a raid guild.

if it's a repop you better damn sure be mobilizing to assist the guild

Good stuff!

wormed
07-02-2015, 03:10 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiietttt!!

arsenalpow
07-02-2015, 03:17 PM
LOL... I didn't think it was that bad... oh my!

This gives me a chuckle too...

Good stuff!

I know it's a tough concept to grasp, but by community it means once you've passed trial we aren't kicking you off the website when you go inactive.

But players that are online during a repop situation have a responsibility to the guild, it's not some secret.

Raev
07-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Contemptor, are you Mach on red?

contemptor
07-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Contemptor, are you Mach on red?
No, I've played with him some though around CoM for PK attempts and such. Laurabella main, have an alt druid as well. Both are pretty crappy.

contemptor
07-02-2015, 03:39 PM
By that I mean grouped with, not played his char.

Troubled
07-02-2015, 03:40 PM
No, I've played with him some though around CoM for PK attempts and such. Laurabella main, have an alt druid as well. Both are pretty crappy.

Drop the chump guild full of psychos and join Empire if you want to stop being crappy. :)

Pint
07-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Maybe its time to switch classes

Uuruk
07-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Anyone who plays on the blue raid scene has down syndrome. /thread.

cs616
07-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Didnt BDA break 100 members on CT like a year ago? We were doing that with like 25 people at level 50 back in classic. Zerg is a legit strategy if you cant compete with low numbers, DA and TMO both did it, and it isnt like you can tell members who want to raid not to show up because you dont want to zerg. At the same time though, probably shouldnt be tossing stones so close to your glass house.

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Anyone who plays on the blue raid scene has down syndrome. /thread.

you say that like it's a bad thing

Nibblewitz
07-02-2015, 04:46 PM
We had 100 people for a CT?!?!

Fuck yeah, go team BAD!

Alarti0001
07-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Didnt BDA break 100 members on CT like a year ago? We were doing that with like 25 people at level 50 back in classic. Zerg is a legit strategy if you cant compete with low numbers, DA and TMO both did it, and it isnt like you can tell members who want to raid not to show up because you dont want to zerg. At the same time though, probably shouldnt be tossing stones so close to your glass house.

Ehh TMO, DA, IB all had huge numbers... but it wasnt about killing the mob it was about having a viable raid force available at all hours due to the large variance.

BDA having a huge zerg force isnt the same.

Juevento
07-02-2015, 05:20 PM

So you are saying you want to get exactly zero mobs? Cause that's what's going to happen if BDA were to transition to class c.

captnamazing
07-02-2015, 05:30 PM
my VP key is currently loaned out to swish, who is using it to stop the blood that is pouring from his giant gash

Deliverator
07-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't understand your class R and class C references...

captnamazing
07-02-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't understand your class R and class C references...

Class R, where "R" = Raider

Class C, where "C" = Casual

Class R is where you want to be.

iruinedyourday
07-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Zeroing in red is how you kill dragons there is no shitty rotation. The one with the most people to make corpses is the one that will win the war. This is real life in red99.

iruinedyourday
07-02-2015, 05:43 PM
*zerging*

Also let me explain why you should get zero gratification from killing me something with low numbers. You see this game is easy, it's been proven. naggy can be soloed. So if you're proud you kill things with 12 friends instead of 120, you're not doing anything special. People have been solo spying difficult mobs in EQ for 15 years.

I'm sure every raid mob pre Velious can be one grouped or less. Who cares?

So just get over it, guilds Zerg because arbitrarily splitting up into small groups to fight over the same number of mobs because some nerd just thinks it's supposed to be that way is fucking stupid.

The Zerg exists because the vast majority of people know it's better that way and doesn't want to join in a stupid cause for losers, the aniti Zerg.

Pint
07-02-2015, 05:45 PM
So you are saying you want to get exactly zero mobs? Cause that's what's going to happen if BDA were to transition to class c.

i guess we'll find out when you finally sack up

Ravager
07-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Ehh TMO, DA, IB all had huge numbers... but it wasnt about killing the mob it was about having a viable raid force available at all hours due to the large variance.

BDA having a huge zerg force isnt the same.

Right, when variance was reduced, BDA didn't add another guild to the roster.

ArumTP
07-02-2015, 07:44 PM
50 keys and mandatory raid attendance, definitely sounds casual and R

Danth
07-02-2015, 07:53 PM
A better argument for fighting stuff with lower numbers is that there are fewer folks to divide the drops up amongst. One monster only drops X items whether you kill it with twenty people or eighty. On the other hand, the necessity of having to be prepared to kill things practically upon spawn, at any hour of the day, virtually requires inflated rosters or having folks on call--and frequently both. As such, most guilds that want to raid with any regularity will grow fairly large whether they particularly want to or not.

There is of course a reason some individual players enjoy having huge groups: They're terrible and need someone else to carry them. EQ's only an easy game for folks who're fairly decent at it; anyone who's been on P1999 any length of time knows full well that plenty of players are nothing short of awful. A small guild that's very picky with respect to whom it invites (such as the former A-Team) can get away with having a small roster and raid force. Most guilds will have a mixture of players ranging from quality players down to little more than warm bodies, and trying to do a small raid when it's mostly the latter sort online is an invitation for a bad evening! As such, having more numbers acts as an equalizer to ensure consistent performance.

Danth

Danth
07-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Oh, and BDA specifically is known across the community as a guild that doesn't believe in trying to be too picky and takes almost anyone. Some folks laugh at it for this, other folks respect it for the same reason. Over the years a lot of my friends have ended up in there.

Conditions are different in PvP. I came up through PvP games myself, originally (MMO-flightsims in my case) and, yes, the folks who flew around with big squads were universally mocked. Good players typically flew with only a couple friends or lone-wolfed, because they didn't need to be part of a horde to get kills. In a 20 vs 50 fight, if the 20 wins then they've shamed the 50, but if the 50 win they've accomplished nothing to boast about.

Danth

Juevento
07-02-2015, 08:14 PM
I was gonna let you go for the triple post way too immersed wall of text trifecta, but I gotta know something.

Who the fuck are you?

Mistle
07-02-2015, 08:32 PM
I would rather raid a one/two group mob with 50 fun people than 30 pixel obsessed assholes even if it means waiting nearly twice as long for a drop.

This is today's EQ, I didn't make the world, I just try to live in it.

Kushie
07-02-2015, 09:01 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=zerg+rush

Relbaic
07-02-2015, 10:39 PM
I should limit the number of people I play with so people think I'm better.

Ravager
07-02-2015, 10:56 PM
I should limit the number of people I play with so people think I'm better.

It doesn't work. I tried. Everyone still knows I'm the worst.

Jfertal
07-03-2015, 12:38 AM

sk pulled all vp dragons, mainted trains acounter trains, id say my class is pretty OP, chest on the other hand...

bktroost
07-03-2015, 02:11 AM

Anichek bakes delicious Apple pies for all new members and Chest always brings gin from his personal cellar to the parties.

Anichek
07-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Anichek bakes delicious Apple pies for all new members and Chest always brings gin from his personal cellar to the parties.

I only make Pumpkin pie with any level of skill, and Chest would be bringing hard ciders...but pretty solid guess.

Loke
07-03-2015, 11:37 AM
I was gonna let you go for the triple post way too immersed wall of text trifecta, but I gotta know something.

Who the fuck are you?

Itt: Guy no one knows, and who posts non-stop, asks well known player who he is and accuses him of being immersed.

Seriously? Danth is a p99 celebrity. Dude was a leading character in early p99 server wide chat erotica. Don't sass him unless you want a visit from the gold toothed, red shoe wearing, sexually violent erudite.

Swish
07-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Itt: Guy no one knows, and who posts non-stop, asks well known player who he is and accuses him of being immersed.

Seriously? Danth is a p99 celebrity. Dude was a leading character in early p99 server wide chat erotica. Don't sass him unless you want a visit from the gold toothed, red shoe wearing, sexually violent erudite.

Juevento not used to being a small fish in a big pond... probably that BDA mentality at work. Just keep +1'ing Chest's posts to win.

Archalen
07-03-2015, 07:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MAIgRG7.jpg

contemptor
07-03-2015, 09:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MAIgRG7.jpg
I know dawg I'm a celeb now. I'm prob gonna quit EQ and work towards 12k (recorded) posts on the elfsim forums

Kushie
07-03-2015, 09:57 PM
12k is nothing pleb. One of us has to be the most overbearing of the nerds.

Bazia
07-03-2015, 11:02 PM
how did this make it to page 6

Mead
07-04-2015, 01:08 AM
how did this make it to page 6

Because chest is easy to rustle and takes rnf posts seriously even though nobody actually gives a shit about BDA's reputation in a 16 year old elf sim.

indiscriminate_hater
07-04-2015, 02:25 AM
Because chest is easy to rustle and takes rnf posts seriously even though nobody actually gives a shit about BDA's reputation in a 16 year old elf sim.

Swish
07-04-2015, 07:09 AM
I know dawg I'm a celeb now. I'm prob gonna quit EQ and work towards 12k (recorded) posts on the elfsim forums

Sorry this is a no spin zone.

You're in one of the biggest zerg guilds on the server, join the biggest zerg guild on red and then call people out for zerging.

If the only shit you got to throw back is "lol, post count" then you're scraping at best.

What we've learnt from your hypocritical remarks and the making of this thread is that there's 2 factions in BDA (again), that there's good people in there that want to give VP a shot but are told they're sticking in the welfare queue and that's that.

It's no wonder BDA is a laughing stock. Bad leadership and raiding decisions mean you need an annual splinter group to disband and give it a shot. Sounds like the next one might be on the table...or maybe Velious will save you in the short term.

contemptor
07-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Sorry if I don't make 5 paragraph posts to get my point across. I never said zerg was bad, don't make me Alarti you. The point is you guys have been all high and mighty about your 100 person raids, and feel the need to make trash talk threads every time you get a mob. Reaching so hard to pretend your time played has validation.

Dont take it so personally bro, you are way overestimating everyone's level of care.

Cecily
07-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Zerging is always pathetic. The sweet spot for Kunark raids is 25-30 people. There's enough that can go wrong, along with a random class composition to make every encounter interesting. 70+ person raids are never fun for me. When each person is responsible for dealing 300 damage to make the dragon fall over, it's dumb and you wonder why you woke up from the dead of sleep for this. PvP is different. EQ PvP is stupid as fuck, so zerging is ok to make it end sooner. Still pathetic.

Ravager
07-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Zerging is always pathetic. The sweet spot for Kunark raids is 25-30 people. There's enough that can go wrong, along with a random class composition to make every encounter interesting. 70+ person raids are never fun for me. When each person is responsible for dealing 300 damage to make the dragon fall over, it's dumb and you wonder why you woke up from the dead of sleep for this. PvP is different. EQ PvP is stupid as fuck, so zerging is ok to make it end sooner. Still pathetic.

The truth is nobody wants to admit that classic EQ is just a horribly designed game.

If we had instances then have your sweet spot, but then oh noes no competition, but then you put in competition and oh noes, it turns into a zergfest because it become a race of who can bypass all the content and kill the target the fastest.

Cecily
07-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Agreed, and no one would imagine the length to which we've gone in "the spirit of the rules" to maximize pixel profits. Or maybe EQ was designed fine and there was a reason for a steady stream of expansions to the game on a regular basis. P99 broke the game keeping it in Kunark for 5 years. There's no reason this server should have a majority of it's population at level 60. The line between hardcore and casual is non-existent and all the nastiness that comes from it is a result of the content traffic jam. Game is ruined at this point and Velious I don't think can make up for a half decade of stagnation.

Cecily
07-04-2015, 10:16 AM
I guess I'm saying EQ wasn't designed to be a self-sustaining game. You can't expect it to be like a biodome where you add Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin, seal it off, and expect hilarious hijinks until the end of time. I mean don't get me wrong, Pauly Shore is a great comedian. He just wasn't intended to be funny for 5 years.

Uuruk
07-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Agreed, and no one would imagine the length to which we've gone in "the spirit of the rules" to maximize pixel profits. Or maybe EQ was designed fine and there was a reason for a steady stream of expansions to the game on a regular basis. P99 broke the game keeping it in Kunark for 5 years. There's no reason this server should have a majority of it's population at level 60. The line between hardcore and casual is non-existent and all the nastiness that comes from it is a result of the content traffic jam. Game is ruined at this point and Velious I don't think can make up for a half decade of stagnation.

Good post. Can you imagine a new server right now? There isint enough staff for the amount of petitions that would come from that.

arsenalpow
07-04-2015, 06:01 PM
I guess I'm saying EQ wasn't designed to be a self-sustaining game. You can't expect it to be like a biodome where you add Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin, seal it off, and expect hilarious hijinks until the end of time. I mean don't get me wrong, Pauly Shore is a great comedian. He just wasn't intended to be funny for 5 years.

This made so much sense... Wow

kremlar
07-04-2015, 10:27 PM
You had me up until the part where you implied Pauly Shore was ever funny.

Cecily
07-04-2015, 10:49 PM

Oh he definitely was, for his time. He's part of a larger topic that I find interesting though, the way we ritually sacrifice comedians in mainstream comedy movies. Pauly Shore, John Leguizamo, Jim Carey, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Sacha Cohen and so on... imo soon to be Will Ferrell. That's a list of people you probably never wanna see another movie from again. Each one was hilarious for a moment of time and we as a society collectively eventually decided, "fuck this guy." Or maybe Hollywood decided that for us. Sacrificial lamb of comedy... I think it's neat and a little scary how quickly we can fall in and out of love with people who (try to) make us laugh.

kremlar
07-05-2015, 12:01 AM
I think that most of your list had to do with the over-the-top cheesy 90s style not aging very well. It's like the loud clothing patterns (http://imgur.com/Ccc1zd8), it made sense at the time, but it's kind of odd looking back.

Still, no, Pauly Shore is with Carrot Top on the list of shit that was pretty much shit back then too.

milsorgen
07-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Oh he definitely was, for his time. He's part of a larger topic that I find interesting though, the way we ritually sacrifice comedians in mainstream comedy movies. Pauly Shore, John Leguizamo, Jim Carey, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Sacha Cohen and so on... imo soon to be Will Ferrell. That's a list of people you probably never wanna see another movie from again. Each one was hilarious for a moment of time and we as a society collectively eventually decided, "fuck this guy." Or maybe Hollywood decided that for us. Sacrificial lamb of comedy... I think it's neat and a little scary how quickly we can fall in and out of love with people who (try to) make us laugh.

That Ferrell and Kevin Hart flick makes me believe you might be correct.

Ravager
07-05-2015, 06:59 PM

Some of his old stand-up routines were pretty damn funny, it just didn't translate into funny movies.

BigLe2e
07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Bio dome was hilarious, don't care what you say!

Endorra
07-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I want to be Cecily's friend now. She's so right about everything.

It's RNF so you'll think I'm trolling but I'm not.