PDA

View Full Version : 1 month until velious hype!

Oleris
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM
https://youtu.be/4YJhoo23l1I

Who else can't wait?

Champion_Standing
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Young camp lawyers rejoice!

Stormfists
07-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Velious pushed back to November. It's official.

Itap
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Should have made OP with a *

*Official release date subject to change

Cecily
07-01-2015, 01:22 PM
WTB NoS 10k

indiscriminate_hater
07-01-2015, 02:24 PM
WTS drums of the beast 300k

dafier
07-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Velious pushed back to November. It's official.

^^

Don't be surprised when this happens.

Just sayin'

Destron
07-01-2015, 02:31 PM
So one month until the hype of Velious peaks? I have a bad feeling about the Velious date with the beta server being down for so long.

dafier
07-01-2015, 02:33 PM
So one month until the hype of Velious peaks? I have a bad feeling about the Velious date with the beta server being down for so long.

^^

dafier
07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
What percentage do you think 'overall' is Velious complete? 0 out of 100.

According to what I've read in the Velious forums. I think it could EASILY be released Aug 2, like said before. I would gauge it at 95% ready. Only end game stuff seems a bit off (10th Ring War..ect).

But seriously, the beta has been down for a while and NO ONE said anything other than 'It will be up soon' which means nothing because it's been a couple weeks.

No staff has responded to any queries or posts in general when it comes to time-frame.

Not that I mind, but I do believe it's going to be pushed back. I'd love to be Haynar'd today. :) :) :) :) :)

Haynar
07-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I was just looking at what coding I need to get done in next two weeks to finish getting ready for Velious. Most are wants, or things that never existed on eqemu servers. I have about 4 things that might be 40 hrs of work. Maybe more.

I am pretty sure most of Velious is all ready. So is there currently anything delaying release in August? Not that I have heards.

H

Swish
07-01-2015, 02:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9WX9iQN.gif

dafier
07-01-2015, 03:17 PM
I was just looking at what coding I need to get done in next two weeks to finish getting ready for Velious. Most are wants, or things that never existed on eqemu servers. I have about 4 things that might be 40 hrs of work. Maybe more.

I am pretty sure most of Velious is all ready. So is there currently anything delaying release in August? Not that I have heards.

H

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Been Haynar'd!!!!

Thanks much! And, I wish I could help. My coding sucks and I am to lazy to pick it back up.

Oleris
07-02-2015, 02:35 AM

H

Just wondering what needed to get done. You said it was wants which means it is stuff that wasn't around in 2000/1? Or is it stuff that was around in 2000/1, but wasn't possible on the eqemu tweaked server code.

Stormfists
07-02-2015, 06:52 AM
It's all lies.

While your on here asking about Velious, Rogean is swooning your wives!

They ain't "working late" trust me.

Nirgon
07-02-2015, 11:01 AM

H

just launch as it was on beta, its not like Kunark was perfect and the mechanical changes you and the other devs have made in the last 2 years put this light years ahead of other projects

like oh no maybe some quest where you turn in a dire wolf pelt isn't perfect

Way too much Kunark with no Velious here

PS: we started wiping to the AoW with like 100+ people at 18% as he died, tons of 255 str epic rogues were present... just launch the fucker... blue pop is seriously getting to the point things need to be spread out at least a little... like 2 more camps being added would be a huge improvement let alone a whole xpac

PPS: Tired of waiting to tell all the blue people who wanted competition but wouldn't come to red "I told you so" about ToV "contests" on blue

Haynar
07-02-2015, 11:14 AM
I need to get binding working in mischief. The titanium client is hard coded to not allow this. So I have to try and unset some flags in the struct storing zone information in the client memory.

I need to code functioning doors that block los. Places like tov should have mobs with aggro ranges larger than to thier doors. The doors to halls of testing is a perfect example of this. Opening that door with a mob in camp there, should be bad.

I have some new equations to revamp melee damage for pvp.

I have some added components to ac mitigation based on soe dev posts on how ac mitigation should work.

Necessary for Velious release? No.

myriverse
07-02-2015, 11:16 AM
K...

So if no Velious on Aug 1, conspiracy rumours are true and Daybreak owns us all.

:eek:

Alarti0001
07-02-2015, 11:19 AM
just launch as it was on beta, its not like Kunark was perfect and the mechanical changes you and the other devs have made in the last 2 years put this light years ahead of other projects

like oh no maybe some quest where you turn in a dire wolf pelt isn't perfect

Way too much Kunark with no Velious here

PS: we started wiping to the AoW with like 100+ people at 18% as he died, tons of 255 str epic rogues were present... just launch the fucker... blue pop is seriously getting to the point things need to be spread out at least a little... like 2 more camps being added would be a huge improvement let alone a whole xpac

PPS: Tired of waiting to tell all the blue people who wanted competition but wouldn't come to red "I told you so" about ToV "contests" on blue

I'd say Velious is ready to release without raids. Alot of the raids we tested in TMO still needed ALOT of work. Especially Zlandicar/Druushk.

dafier
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I'd say Velious is ready to release without raids. Alot of the raids we tested in TMO still needed ALOT of work. Especially Zlandicar/Druushk.

Working as intended....

dafier
07-02-2015, 11:46 AM

Also, rumor has it TMO needs to Learn to Play. :eek:

Alarti0001
07-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Also, rumor has it TMO needs to Learn to Play. :eek:

Nah alot of the encounters were much easier than they should be.

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Nah alot of the encounters were much easier than they should be.

well the bosses were actually designed to be fought by less than 80 players

dafier
07-02-2015, 12:10 PM

^^

Nirgon
07-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I need to get binding working in mischief. The titanium client is hard coded to not allow this. So I have to try and unset some flags in the struct storing zone information in the client memory.

I need to code functioning doors that block los. Places like tov should have mobs with aggro ranges larger than to thier doors. The doors to halls of testing is a perfect example of this. Opening that door with a mob in camp there, should be bad.

I have some new equations to revamp melee damage for pvp.

I have some added components to ac mitigation based on soe dev posts on how ac mitigation should work.

Necessary for Velious release? No.

the transparency is blinding

thx for update, much better than wondering if people have plans or care u no?

Haynar
07-02-2015, 12:46 PM
the transparency is blinding

thx for update, much better than wondering if people have plans or care u no?
Figuring some stuff out is not easy. Sometimes I like suprises. Like doors starting to work. Adding them while not increasing cpu overhead is the biggest challenge. All changes anymore have to take resources into consideration pretty much. We cant go buy a newer faster server every 6 mos.

H

dafier
07-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Figuring some stuff out is not easy. Sometimes I like suprises. Like doors starting to work. Adding them while not increasing cpu overhead is the biggest challenge. All changes anymore have to take resources into consideration pretty much. We cant go buy a newer faster server every 6 mos.

H

EVERYONE CHIP IN! P99 needs the latest Xeon processors times 10 and 40 petabytes of RAM!

1 yottabyte on the SAN should do.

Destron
07-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Best Velious thread for a long time with actual updates is in RnF.

Alarti0001
07-02-2015, 01:15 PM

^^

You seem to not understand Velious encounters. Does AoW care how many people you bring? You can throw 100 players at AoW and still wipe if your tank doesn't mean minimum hp requirements.
Not to mention TMO was raiding these on beta with 40 or less. I
understand you are only interested in trolling or maybe from the BDA perspective you want to actually have a chance to kill a velious boss. Doesn't change the fact that many of the encounters aren't accurate.

Oleris
07-02-2015, 01:58 PM
will be interesting to see if anything is changed since the last time beta server was up.

dafier
07-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Blah blah blah

uh huh....yes...uh huh?

wat?

GinnasP99
07-03-2015, 12:32 PM
It's all lies.

While your on here asking about Velious, Rogean is swooning your wives!

They ain't "working late" trust me.

Wives, lol

milsorgen
07-11-2015, 02:26 AM
velious is gonna change EVERYTHING- my body is read

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-11-2015, 06:43 AM
your body may be ready, but I would not be so sure machine is.

Yesterday had machine updated to be sure. High polygon count?

No problem.

beyondinfin
07-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Im gonna be critical and say it's going to be a cluster fuck of returning players for at least a month. I plan on taking a day to check out the zones and run around. Maybe I'll level my necro this winter to feel "authentic". I love not being a slave.

milsorgen
07-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Are you kidding me? I just updated my SoundBlaster, PCI Live! edition thank you very much. Threw another set of DIMMs in oh and did I mention I'm rockingan Athlon XP??? Could probably throw out my GeForce 3 and run this bitch via software emulation.

Live are changing for this bomb shell.

Swish
07-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Best Velious thread for a long time with actual updates is in RnF.

milsorgen
07-12-2015, 09:41 PM
All hail the king of Jiffys!