PDA

View Full Version : power leveling and level 50 solo's

romdorom
10-26-2010, 03:39 AM
Sorry... Some of you disappoint me. When I logged onto a classic Everquest server I was hoping to group up and take on challenges. I remember eq as the ultimate team work experience of all the mmo's I've played... Wouldn't even touch WoW. But some how some of you people are destroying a perfect game. You wouldn't need PL if you had decent grouping abilities. Although the ability to group is also hindered by other people PL'ing and in the later levels (Lguk) by one level 50 ass hole with nothing better to do than deprive some of the funnest xp for a low 30's xp group... Its also awesome rolling on gear for need.

Dragonthorne
10-26-2010, 08:22 AM
inb4 grammar police

Serith
10-26-2010, 08:23 AM
It's*

Lazortag
10-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Sorry... Some of you disappoint me. When I logged onto a classic Everquest server I was hoping to group up and take on challenges. I remember eq as the ultimate team work experience of all the mmo's I've played... Wouldn't even touch WoW. But some how some of you people are destroying a perfect game. You wouldn't need PL if you had decent grouping abilities. Although the ability to group is also hindered by other people PL'ing and in the later levels (Lguk) by one level 50 ass hole with nothing better to do than deprive some of the funnest xp for a low 30's xp group... Its also awesome rolling on gear for need.

I've pretty much grouped all the way until 50. Very rarely did I have an experience where someone PLing (which, by the way, happened all the time in classic) ruined my exping abilities. Also, it's just asinine that you're mad at level 50's who like to farm items for money at the expense of other groups. Usually these people are killing maybe one placeholder every 20 minutes and if they're not, you can try asking them nicely for the other mobs in the camp. Seriously.

korrowan
10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
I've pretty much grouped all the way until 50. Very rarely did I have an experience where someone PLing (which, by the way, happened all the time in classic) ruined my exping abilities. Also, it's just asinine that you're mad at level 50's who like to farm items for money at the expense of other groups. Usually these people are killing maybe one placeholder every 20 minutes and if they're not, you can try asking them nicely for the other mobs in the camp. Seriously.

Well many times the entire point of grouping is to have a chance at said item off of said placeholder. Why bother even grouping when you have no chance at loot and will probably get trained and die a few times.

Japan
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
To delve deeply into power levelling lvl 50 is an exciting adventure. I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of power levelling lvl 50. Indispensable to homosapians today, power levelling lvl 50 is not given the credit if deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters. It still has the power to shock those politicaly minded individuals living in the past, whom I can say no more about due to legal restrictions. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of power levelling lvl 50.

Social Factors

Comparisons between Roman Society and Medieval Society give a clear picture of the importance of power levelling lvl 50 to developments in social conduct. I will not insult the readers inteligence by explaining this obvious comparison any further. When The Tygers of Pan Tang sang 'It's lonely at the top. Everybody's trying to do you in' [1] , they could have been making a reference to power levelling lvl 50, but probably not. A child’s approach to power levelling lvl 50 bravely illustrates what we are most afraid of, what we all know deep down in our hearts.

Our post-literate society, more than ever before, relies upon power levelling lvl 50. If society has a favourite child, it is power levelling lvl 50.

Economic Factors

Increasingly economic growth and innovation are being attributed to power levelling lvl 50. We will study the JTB-Guide-Dog model, as is standard in this case.

Political Factors

Much of the writings of historians display the conquests of the most powerful nations over less powerful ones. Comparing current political thought with that held just ten years ago is like comparing power levelling lvl 50 and former Wolves striker Steve Bull.

Let us consider the words of that silver tongued orator, nobel prize winner Kuuipo Woodpecker 'Taking a walk across hot coals will inevitably hurt your feet.' [2] I couldn't have put it better my self. When it comes to power levelling lvl 50 this is clearly true. It would be wise to approach the subject with the thought that 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'. However this can lead to missing out important facts.

Is power levelling lvl 50 politically correct, in every sense? Each man, woman and to a lesser extent, child, must make up their own mind.
Conclusion

What can we conclude? Well, power levelling lvl 50 is both a need and a want. It sings a new song, brought up a generation and it brings the best out in people.

The final say goes to the award winning Elvis Travolta: 'power levelling lvl 50 is the new rock and roll! And the new opera!' [3]

[1] Tygers of Pang Tang - The Cage - 1982 MCR Records

[2] Woodpecker - Serving The Greats - 1990 Palmerston House Publishing

[3] Your guide to power levelling lvl 50 - Issue 98 - T36 Publishing

Kassel
10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
I hope that means when you finally hit level 50 you just quit, because that's what your asking everyone else to do.

Lazortag
10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Well many times the entire point of grouping is to have a chance at said item off of said placeholder. Why bother even grouping when you have no chance at loot and will probably get trained and die a few times.

So if you're level 50 you have no right to camp, say, Butler/Maid, Exe/Cav, Ass/Sup, Kindle, Torturer, Predator, FBSS, etc.? Only groups should be allowed to do this?

korrowan
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
So if you're level 50 you have no right to camp, say, Butler/Maid, Exe/Cav, Ass/Sup, Kindle, Torturer, Predator, FBSS, etc.? Only groups should be allowed to do this?

Honestly I think the current situation sucks ass for the majority of the players on the server.

nalkin
10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
When kunark gets out it will be better. Until then go to Kedge kekekeke

Lazortag
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Honestly I think the current situation sucks ass for the majority of the players on the server.

What are you talking about? There are tons of exp spots in the game that are constantly not filled up. I'm talking about Sol A, Highpass, Uguk, Kedge, Runnyeye, etc. Funnily enough all of these places have rare items too. This is a classic case of "ur doin it wrong".

Taluvill
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
What are you talking about? There are tons of exp spots in the game that are constantly not filled up. I'm talking about Sol A, Highpass, Uguk, Kedge, Runnyeye, etc. Funnily enough all of these places have rare items too. This is a classic case of "ur doin it wrong".

This. Very much this.

Kaleadar
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Tal STFU and come PL me...

korrowan
10-26-2010, 02:43 PM

Actually when I played "classic" at release lguk and sol b mobs were always group camped not solo camped with long lists. I played warrior and got geared through xping in lguk almost exclusively.

My point was that there is a severe issue with 50s solo camping mobs in lguk and solb for profit. Not sure how you can deny that and it does indeed suck for the majority of the population when a select few stranglehold all the wealth on the server (same problem with the MQing bs that went down).

fishingme
10-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I hope that means when you finally hit level 50 you just quit, because that's what your asking everyone else to do.

That's not what he is asking lvl 50s to do. There are a bunch of things to do as a level 50 that isn't farming lguk for items. And if you believe what you said then you are what lazortag said of "ur doing it wrong"

actually, the "ur doin it wrong" isnt really at play here. lguk is (from my knowledge) the best spot 30+ if you got a good group. There are always a good portion of 50s in lguk farming crap or pling and it just somewhat gets tiring watching the lack of good mobs.

Kaleadar
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
it could be like live where End Game zones are so packed that you lucky to kill 5 frogs in 30 min... stop crying and pick up a tradeskill.

Need money and everything is camped? Do what I do! Train the entire zone w/o them knowing... zone back in 3 min later...

/shout Resing / Buffing for donations!

fishingme
10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
it could be like live where End Game zones are so packed that you lucky to kill 5 frogs in 30 min... stop crying and pick up a tradeskill.

Need money and everything is camped? Do what I do! Train the entire zone w/o them knowing... zone back in 3 min later...

/shout Resing / Buffing for donations!

Only bitches pick up tradeskills and you sound like a lil bitch

korrowan
10-26-2010, 03:20 PM

Who in their right mind wants to spend their time with the worst trade skill system ever created =/. I give the people who can tolerate that mad props.

Lazortag
10-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Actually when I played "classic" at release lguk and sol b mobs were always group camped not solo camped with long lists. I played warrior and got geared through xping in lguk almost exclusively.

My point was that there is a severe issue with 50s solo camping mobs in lguk and solb for profit. Not sure how you can deny that and it does indeed suck for the majority of the population when a select few stranglehold all the wealth on the server (same problem with the MQing bs that went down).

Sol B mobs are very rarely solo camped. The named mob in Sol B that gets camped the most is the Noble, and only because the camp is an easy exp spot for lazy people, not because they're trying to get uber loots. Other than that, do you seriously think there are people constantly solo camping stone spider? Or guano harvester? Or any of the royals named mobs? In the time I've spent in SolB I've actually never once seen this happen.

As far as Lguk is concerned, what the fuck do you expect people to do? If you can camp a yak or an fbss solo, why wouldn't you? Also, Lguk is pretty clearly NOT overcamped - There are hundreds of mobs on track every time I go there, even during peak hours. Just because you aren't able to camp the rarest items with your groups doesn't mean there's a problem. No one is obliged to "share" with you.

Kaleadar
10-26-2010, 03:48 PM

nope im just lvl 50 and camping your shit while PLin for phat $$$, taking that phat $$$ and buying the shit you wish you could!

P.S. people freak out to easy

fishingme
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
nope im just lvl 50 and camping your shit while PLin for phat $$$, taking that phat $$$ and buying the shit you wish you could!

P.S. people freak out to easy

meh, i have 400k plat already, i could easily buy anything i want. I also PL people, but i do it in zones that dont have actual groups in it that are looking for xp

korrowan
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Sol B mobs are very rarely solo camped. The named mob in Sol B that gets camped the most is the Noble, and only because the camp is an easy exp spot for lazy people, not because they're trying to get uber loots. Other than that, do you seriously think there are people constantly solo camping stone spider? Or guano harvester? Or any of the royals named mobs? In the time I've spent in SolB I've actually never once seen this happen.

As far as Lguk is concerned, what the fuck do you expect people to do? If you can camp a yak or an fbss solo, why wouldn't you? Also, Lguk is pretty clearly NOT overcamped - There are hundreds of mobs on track every time I go there, even during peak hours. Just because you aren't able to camp the rarest items with your groups doesn't mean there's a problem. No one is obliged to "share" with you.

Never said they were I just said it sucks for the majority of the population.

fishingme
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM

imagine a 3-d representation of lguk where all the walls and floors are a transparent blue. Now imagine using track, no shit you are going to get a large sized list of mobs up, track goes very far up and down and there are MULTIPLE levels of guk, going up and down with people pulling from a bunch of spots

Lazortag
10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
imagine a 3-d representation of lguk where all the walls and floors are a transparent blue. Now imagine using track, no shit you are going to get a large sized list of mobs up, track goes very far up and down and there are MULTIPLE levels of guk, going up and down with people pulling from a bunch of spots

you don't get it. The point is that there are ALWAYS exp spots. If you run through guk with an IVU during peak hours you will find tons of camps that are untouched. You're just looking in the wrong places. I'm pretty sure the only zone that anyone can ever complain about having not enough exp spots in is Sol B (because it's small and those kobolds are like paper), but again, if SolB is too full you can just go to Guk or kedge.

Ronas
10-26-2010, 05:57 PM
I am confused on this thread, its about plvling yet your whining about 50s soloing rare spawns? which the fuck is it? And give example exactly what class and plvling what lvl toon in Lguk in which area.

Ronas
10-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I am confused on this thread, its about plvling yet your whining about 50s soloing rare spawns? which the fuck is it? And give example exactly what class and plvling what lvl toon in Lguk in which area.

NM, i just read the thread again, /facepalm

nalkin
10-26-2010, 07:58 PM
lguk is (from my knowledge) the best spot 30+ if you got a good group.

wowsa

romdorom
10-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I've pretty much grouped all the way until 50. Also, it's just asinine that you're mad at level 50's who like to farm items for money at the expense of other groups. Usually these people are killing maybe one placeholder every 20 minutes.

Well many times the entire point of grouping is to have a chance at said item off of said placeholder.

I will insult the readers intelligence by explaining this. Our post-literate society, more than ever before, relies upon power levelling lvl 50. A child’s approach to power levelling lvl 50 bravely illustrates what we are most afraid of; that means when you finally hit level 50 you just quit. Only groups should be allowed to do this? Butler/Maid, Exe/Cav, Ass/Sup, Kindle, Torturer, Predator, FBSS, etc.?

When kunark gets out it will be better. Until then go to Kedge There are tons of exp spots that are constantly not filled up and come PL me.

My point was that there is a severe issue with 50s solo camping mobs in lguk and solb for profit. There are a bunch of things to do as a level 50. Farming crap or pling gets tiring to get a good group.

Need money and everything is camped? Do what I do! Train the entire zone w/o them knowing! zone back in 3 min later!

you sound like a lil bitch

what the fuck do you expect people to do? If you can camp a yak or an fbss solo, why wouldn't you? I'm just lvl 50 and camping your shit while PLin for phat $$$, taking that phat $$$ and buying the shit you wish you could! No one is obliged to "share" with you!

It sucks for the majority of the population.

You're just looking in the wrong places. complain about having not enough exp spots in kedge!

/facepalm

fishingme
10-27-2010, 01:05 AM

you don't get it. The point is that there are ALWAYS exp spots. If you run through guk with an IVU during peak hours you will find tons of camps that are untouched. You're just looking in the wrong places. I'm pretty sure the only zone that anyone can ever complain about having not enough exp spots in is Sol B (because it's small and those kobolds are like paper), but again, if SolB is too full you can just go to Guk or kedge.

I've ran through lguk multiple times with ivu the past couple of weeks with doing constant ccs and it has always been full of capped level players nailing the spawns

nalkin
10-27-2010, 01:08 AM
I've ran through lguk multiple times with ivu the past couple of weeks with doing constant ccs and it has always been full of capped level players nailing the spawns

Its to bad there are no other zones out there to level in.

romdorom
10-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Its to bad there are no other zones out there to level in.

That sounds like something a level 50 mage would say.

nalkin
10-27-2010, 01:30 AM
That sounds like something a level 50 mage would say.

Thats gnome king to you nub.

romdorom
10-27-2010, 01:43 AM
you sound like a lil bitch

*cough *cough

xshayla701
10-27-2010, 10:09 AM

obv

fishingme
10-27-2010, 02:44 PM

lol, go back to wow with your "nub" talk

nalkin
10-27-2010, 03:16 PM
lol, go back to wow with your "nub" talk

no u

ur the one who thinks guk is the only place to camp.

ShivanAngel
10-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I dont have an issue that much with level 50's soloing item camps.

My biggest issue is when one or two people are being plvled by someone and literally monopolizing 1/2 of a exp zone.

With how long it can take to travel to the said exp zone, it can eat into a lot of your playtime.

So say im camped in unrest. I log in and someone is powerleveling in fireplace. I can either go somewhere else, or try to pull straglers and get horrible exp.

So i decide to go somewhere else. I run to BB and wait for a port/boat. If im lucky this takes 5 minutes, unlucky 30-45...

So i finally get to sol A and lo and behold, a powerleveler in pit pulling most of the north end of the zone.

I just wasted an hour trying to find somewhere to kill, which lots of times is half my playtime for the evening.

If this rarely happened it wouldnt be a big deal, but there are numerous times where one or the other has powerlevers in it. Think it has happened 2-3 times this week tbh... Really frustrating.