PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous

k1ll1ngt0n
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
So for the past couple days, I've been camping the Glacier Bear for my Totemic Helm. Every so often, I run into people who have alts that camp there so they can catch the bear. When they see me, we've had some conversations and I've met some genuinely nice people.

Today, my Glacier bear popped. I had been killing it's placeholder for two days now, so I knew down to the hour when he would pop. So then the bear popped. This bear was yellow, so I decided to ask for some help.

I found a Monk who was down in the maze that was willing to help, so I sat by the entrance waiting for him to come out of the water. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed this Shaman running like a bat out of hell toward the bear.

I politely told him that the bear was camped and I was waiting for a friend to help me kill it. The Shaman killed the bear, grabbed the pelt and then immediately logged. WTF? Why is there no accountability for this kind of behavior?

So whomever you are Duumps - that was rude.

http://imgur.com/5qkmGSS

k1ll1ngt0n
06-25-2015, 03:34 PM

k1ll1ngt0n
06-25-2015, 03:35 PM

for proof of what happened.

slappytwotoes
06-25-2015, 03:43 PM
You may get retribution from a GM if you make a petition but... why you camping a contested spawn for 2 days that you can't kill? That's risky at best and hard to sympathize with the consequences.

Camp a force capable of killing the target or pre-arrange for help since you knew the exact spawn time.

Tenlaar
06-25-2015, 03:44 PM
That sucks and all, but he's right. You couldn't engage and kill it. You weren't camping it, you were calling dibs, and dibs don't hold up.

-TK-
06-25-2015, 03:46 PM
I'd be surprised if GM's would rule this as a KS or the like. You pretty much have to be able to kill the mob within seconds of it popping to have a legitimate claim to the 'camp'. If you're sitting there staring at a spawned mob waiting for help, then you can't claim it. Rules are pretty clear on this. Might have been rude, but not illegal.

Whirled
06-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Gah~ that's like staring at the good parking spot during the holiday rush and watching it get taken as you just get within parking distance.

Poltergist
06-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Your not gonna get any sympathy here. Most of the degenerates that troll these boards are the same people that not only would've take your bear but trained you in the process and then got their gm buddies to ask you to leave.

Better luck next time friend. Don't get discouraged, these people weren't hugged enough as kids, nothing you can do.

Samoht
06-25-2015, 03:52 PM
How long was the bear up before Duumps grabbed it? That's going to be the determining factor. Next time you're in this situation, though, go ahead and try to engage it before your help arrives. You might have to tank it or maybe you can get a root off, but if you're clearly engaged, then nobody else is allowed to interfere.

Poltergist
06-25-2015, 03:54 PM
^ speaking of degenerate

Bboboo
06-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Depends on how long the bear was up.

k1ll1ngt0n
06-25-2015, 04:17 PM
The bear spawns being level 27-31. I apparently got the higher level spawn at 31, thus recruiting someone from the zone. The bear was there for probably 8 minutes.
I just don't understand how someone wouldn't be like, "Oh, ok. Want some help?" instead of doing what he did which is grab and then camp.

The Shaman was obviously an alt too.

Tenlaar
06-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Your not gonna get any sympathy here. Most of the degenerates that troll these boards are the same people that not only would've take your bear but trained you in the process and then got their gm buddies to ask you to leave.

Better luck next time friend. Don't get discouraged, these people weren't hugged enough as kids, nothing you can do.

Recognizing that you can't just claim a mob with "I want to kill it at some undisclosed point in the future when somebody eventually finds their way here because I can't kill it alone" does not make one a degenerate.

Thana8088
06-25-2015, 04:28 PM
The bear spawns being level 27-31. I apparently got the higher level spawn at 31, thus recruiting someone from the zone. The bear was there for probably 8 minutes.
I just don't understand how someone wouldn't be like, "Oh, ok. Want some help?" instead of doing what he did which is grab and then camp.

It is sad that it went down like that. A good player would have helped you and waited for the next bear. Unfortunately, That Shaman is a jerk.

There's not shortage of jerks on the server, but there's also lots of good people!

-Catt

p.s. THANK YOU for spelling "Ridiculous" correctly.

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 04:28 PM
It sucks, but what the dude did wasn't illegal. Rather dickish though. If you couldn't kill it on your own, it's an unfortunate risk.

Eight minutes is a long time for a mob to be up, especially a contested one. Hope you have better luck next time.

Pringles
06-25-2015, 04:47 PM
It sucks, but what the dude did wasn't illegal. Rather dickish though. If you couldn't kill it on your own, it's an unfortunate risk.

Eight minutes is a long time for a mob to be up, especially a contested one. Hope you have better luck next time.

Agreed ^

Also though - I have noticed on this server that there is an abundance of people that just "magically appear" immediately after a named mob spawns.... people that are not trackers, and there is no tracker in the zone.

If I were a GM, I'd spawn mobs like this and see who suddenly B lines it from across the zone to smack it..... it'd be pretty obvious what they were up to.

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Agreed ^

Also though - I have noticed on this server that there is an abundance of people that just "magically appear" immediately after a named mob spawns.... people that are not trackers, and there is no tracker in the zone.

If I were a GM, I'd spawn mobs like this and see who suddenly B lines it from across the zone to smack it..... it'd be pretty obvious what they were up to.

I see this shit all the time too. Makes me wonder if a new program has appeared to replace those that are detected here.

dafier
06-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Agreed ^

Had that happen in SolB the other day.

NO one was around where I was. I did a quick /who right before the spawn of the mob I was camping. The timing was impeccable. Mob spawns, I get agro, it's half dead because I burned it fast and this monk shows up out of no where. I do a quick /who again, the monk runs around the corner.

I finish the named off, loot. Compare the who previous and the who I just did. The monk wasn't on the previous list, was on the recent, then I looked for him (ran around a bit) and didn't see him.

I did a third /who and he was gone.

Interesting.......

dafier
06-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Oh...K1ll1ngton, my suggestion is to simply put the 'char' on your /ignore list.

That way you will NEVER forget that idiot.

Itap
06-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Not against the rules but still a dick move

That should be P99's motto

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 05:22 PM
LawyerQuest.

indiscriminate_hater
06-25-2015, 05:44 PM
i wouldn't really call this a dick move. put yourself in the point of view of Duumps. all he knows is that some person is sending him a tell stating that the bear is "camped" and requesting that he not kill it. however, the bear is up, unengaged, and with no person near it.

how is Duumps to know the OP is being authentic? for that matter, how are we to know OP is being authentic? the screenshot certainly doesn't prove anything, despite what OP thinks.

this is the reason that the camp rules exist in the first place. if they weren't, any person could run around and say "hey i'm killing this mob, please wait 20 minutes until i have enough help to take him down." this sort of world opens itself up to insane amounts of abuse.

if what OP described is true, then yes, that sucks and i understand the frustration because i've been in a similar situation. however, to play on this server you've got to play within the confines of the rules. going to the forums and crying about it in an attempt to shame the innocent party isn't going to remedy the situation.

Samoht
06-25-2015, 05:45 PM
^ speaking of degenerate

That's "your majesty degenerate" to you, nobody. Now grovel.

indiscriminate_hater
06-25-2015, 05:47 PM

i missed this whole post. you camped something that you likely had no chance of killing by yourself? this is like a level 30 camping the AC and then getting upset when people won't let him wait for friends to kill it.

also, 8 minutes - i think the threshold for "up for grabs" is what, a minute?

Samoht
06-25-2015, 05:50 PM

There's no fixed amount of time. My rule of thumb would be 45 seconds.

Champion_Standing
06-25-2015, 05:52 PM

Pfft, 1.2 seconds MAX

mystang89
06-25-2015, 05:52 PM
I completely disagree with you. It is a dick move. He could have asked if he wanted to help, told him he'd wait for 5 minutes for the help to get here etc. There were a lot of things that a nice person could have done. He did none of them but ran in like some kids who just saw someone get ready to take the last copy of the latest video game off the shelf and ran to get it first. Dick move 101.
And crying about it in the RnF section of forum is EXACTLY what this section is here for. It also let's others who disagree with the way your looking at this know about this person so they can keep an eye out for him.
To the OP, sorry it happened, that sucks but there are many good pepper on here to so just keep that on mind.

Tenlaar
06-25-2015, 06:05 PM

By the rules I have seen posted, it was "a few minutes." So at least 3.

Ravager
06-25-2015, 06:27 PM
A+ sig Samoht.

Raev
06-25-2015, 06:50 PM

slappytwotoes
06-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Hard truth is... OP knew the spawn timer but simply wasn't prepared. This whole situation was avoidable.

It's natural to take frustration out and blame Duumps but you should only be upset with yourself.

gkmarino
06-25-2015, 07:32 PM
You did have the camp. However you failed to follow rules of engagement. You should have done what damage you could (ANY > 2%+ to show it's damaged) to control FTE (First to engage) and then you should have used SOW (hopefully you're a shaman?) to kite the monster around or you should have tried to keep it rooted until help arrived.

I understand where you are coming from BUT you can only expect someone to wait a few minutes ~3mins or so before your spawn becomes a "dibs" situation.

Madbad
06-25-2015, 08:37 PM
I completely disagree with you. It is a dick move. He could have asked if he wanted to help, told him he'd wait for 5 minutes for the help to get here etc. There were a lot of things that a nice person could have done. He did none of them but ran in like some kids who just saw someone get ready to take the last copy of the latest video game off the shelf and ran to get it first. Dick move 101.
And crying about it in the RnF section of forum is EXACTLY what this section is here for. It also let's others who disagree with the way your looking at this know about this person so they can keep an eye out for him.
To the OP, sorry it happened, that sucks but there are many good pepper on here to so just keep that on mind.

http://i.imgur.com/2wvxWif.gif

eqgmrdbz
06-25-2015, 08:52 PM
It wasn't nice, the many times i have killed the bear it was just up and i would head down there and no one was around. I already having my helm, would gladly let or give someone the camp, i have even given out some helms for free. But, there are people that are going to want all the plat they can get, and the helm is an easy 1k. Like others have said, you should of been prepared for camp, maybe work on getting 34, but keep an eye out for bear and maybe you will get a nice peep to help.

Doors
06-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Wow what a jerk face!

Herp
06-25-2015, 11:05 PM
>camping something you cant even kill
>just lmao

Kender
06-25-2015, 11:10 PM
Had that happen in SolB the other day.

NO one was around where I was. I did a quick /who right before the spawn of the mob I was camping. The timing was impeccable. Mob spawns, I get agro, it's half dead because I burned it fast and this monk shows up out of no where. I do a quick /who again, the monk runs around the corner.

I finish the named off, loot. Compare the who previous and the who I just did. The monk wasn't on the previous list, was on the recent, then I looked for him (ran around a bit) and didn't see him.

I did a third /who and he was gone.

Interesting.......

seen this in droga too camping for CoS

bodyguard pops then out of nowhere 2 people come to kill it. when they see it's engaged they leave again. dont see another bodyguard for an hour then suddenly they show up again

sulpher01
06-26-2015, 01:21 AM
>camping something you cant even kill
>just lmao

HalflingWarrior
06-26-2015, 03:10 AM
Wow the number of people defending the mob stealer in this thread is truly astounding

Glad I don't play here anymore. 3 years ago something like this would be unanimously shamed; here in 2015 though, its all "well TECHMICALLY its not against the rules so good for him for being as cutthroat as he possibly can for a 500pp item."

This server truly is THE SINGLE WORST online gaming community I've ever encountered (and yes that includes LOL DOTA2 BF4 AND COD)

sulpher01
06-26-2015, 03:59 AM
Wow the number of people defending the mob stealer in this thread is truly astounding

Glad I don't play here anymore. 3 years ago something like this would be unanimously shamed; here in 2015 though, its all "well TECHMICALLY its not against the rules so good for him for being as cutthroat as he possibly can for a 500pp item."

This server truly is THE SINGLE WORST online gaming community I've ever encountered (and yes that includes LOL DOTA2 BF4 AND COD)

Except he didn't steal anything :confused:

gkmarino
06-26-2015, 04:40 AM
Worse than Dota 2 and LOL? Please pass around whatever you're on. Although I'm assuming it's deadly.

Riotgirl
06-26-2015, 07:40 AM

:rolleyes:

Shit, or get off the pot. I'm bursting!

Tiggles
06-26-2015, 09:06 AM
You could farm the 500pp or so quicker and easier than farming the totemic helm in the first place.

If you couldn't kill the mob then you can't camp the mob.

Sorry for your tough luck but if he was up for 8 minutes then the other shaman had every right to kill it for his quest.

dafier
06-26-2015, 09:27 AM

Example:

I was over on Seafury isle. Gornit was up. There is a Necro perched on the hill staring at him with a pet doing the same. I did a quick mouse movement back and forth.

Look at Gornit, Look at Necro, Look at Gornit, Click, Gornit dead and I loot.

The Necro got up after I looted, did a mouse thing like I just wrote above, then sat back down.

Nothing was said and I moved on.

nhdjoseywales
06-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Example:

I was over on Seafury isle. Gornit was up. There is a Necro perched on the hill staring at him with a pet doing the same. I did a quick mouse movement back and forth.

Look at Gornit, Look at Necro, Look at Gornit, Click, Gornit dead and I loot.

The Necro got up after I looted, did a mouse thing like I just wrote above, then sat back down.

Nothing was said and I moved on.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjE5WDcwNg==/z/UKIAAMXQQQhReiQ6/$(KGrHqN,!lsF!fuTcbLcBReiQ6n+7w~~60_57.JPG

Lojik
06-26-2015, 09:31 AM
This wouldn't have happened on red.

Instead you'd have a post QQing about how you were CCed and taunted...and how you swore that halfling druid tea bagged your corpse after

indiscriminate_hater
06-26-2015, 10:18 AM
good for him for being as cutthroat as he possibly can

Champion_Standing
06-26-2015, 11:01 AM

Confirmed worst community on the Internet. I always feel bad for the newbies who post here gushing about how wonderful the community is because some guy gave him some junk instead of vendoring it.

Only a matter of time before this:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/196/202/333-keyboard-break.png?1320617924

Swish
06-26-2015, 11:12 AM

Spoonfuls of mad with every post.

HalflingWarrior
06-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Spoonfuls of mad with every post.

Not mad more like sad. I don't even play here anymore why would I be mad? This servers community is naught but the biggest societal rejects I've ever known. A bunch of man children living in the past; who've been stuck in the year 2000 for 15 years.

A bunch of losers who couldn't cut it during classic era EQ so they're here to do it 15 years later on an emulated server where basic things like armor class and spell resists don't even function properly. A server where Kunark has been open for 5 years. A server where sneak pulling was something that existed for a year.

A server where the GMs are forced to babysit you adults because you never learned how to share. Custom raid rules, GMs literally watching raids progress.

Remember: Back in 2000, when EQ actually meant something, people were able to share and raid on rotations; and this on servers with twice the population of p99. I was ashamed to bring my friends to p99 afraid they'd see what the community is like and run for the hills.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves and in fact Im quite HAPPY (swish) that I'm no longer a part of this community!

Ezalor
06-26-2015, 11:24 AM

Samoht
06-26-2015, 11:31 AM
This servers community is naught but the biggest societal rejects I've ever known.

So you're saying this is your first time on the Internet... Does your mom know you're using her computer?

Clark
06-26-2015, 11:35 AM
That sucks and all, but he's right. You couldn't engage and kill it. You weren't camping it, you were calling dibs, and dibs don't hold up.

Whose dibs.

http://i.imgur.com/ABU4zaw.jpg

indiscriminate_hater
06-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Not mad more like sad. I don't even play here anymore why would I be mad? This servers community is naught but the biggest societal rejects I've ever known. A bunch of man children living in the past; who've been stuck in the year 2000 for 15 years.

A bunch of losers who couldn't cut it during classic era EQ so they're here to do it 15 years later on an emulated server where basic things like armor class and spell resists don't even function properly. A server where Kunark has been open for 5 years. A server where sneak pulling was something that existed for a year.

A server where the GMs are forced to babysit you adults because you never learned how to share. Custom raid rules, GMs literally watching raids progress.

Remember: Back in 2000, when EQ actually meant something, people were able to share and raid on rotations; and this on servers with twice the population of p99. I was ashamed to bring my friends to p99 afraid they'd see what the community is like and run for the hills.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves and in fact Im quite HAPPY (swish) that I'm no longer a part of this community!

well i for one am glad you're still forumquesting. if you can't beat them in a 16-year-old emulated elf simulator, then fight them on the forum of a 16-year-old emulated elf simulator. that'll learn 'em

Clark
06-26-2015, 11:48 AM
well i for one am glad you're still forumquesting. if you can't beat them in a 16-year-old emulated elf simulator, then fight them on the forum of a 16-year-old emulated elf simulator. that'll learn 'em

lol

fastboy21
06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
How long was the bear up before Duumps grabbed it? That's going to be the determining factor. Next time you're in this situation, though, go ahead and try to engage it before your help arrives. You might have to tank it or maybe you can get a root off, but if you're clearly engaged, then nobody else is allowed to interfere.

Yah. As far as rules lawyer'ing this is the relevant question, unfortunately.

To hold the camp you need to:
1) Have been killing the ph, and
2) be able to kill the mob, and
3) you have to be nearby, and
4) engage very shortly after the spawn.

You clearly had 1 and 2 done according to your account of the situation.

The number 3 and 4 requirements have been long standing subjective rulings by GMs from GM to GM and from specific camp to specific camp. What is "nearby" and how much time is too much time, etc. ?

In the future, you should just engage the mob. It sucks, that you have to think that way, but it would have given you much stronger ownership claim to the loot.

In any case, I would petition this. Hopefully you will get a GM that realizes that some dude was just being a dick and deserves to be crapped on for jerky playing.

Swish
06-26-2015, 12:18 PM

This is what happens when you play too much blue server. If you aren't there yet, this could be you folks.

Try red, enjoy the game again.

Ezalor
06-26-2015, 12:25 PM
pretty sure halflingwarrior was a red player

sirken banned him for something or other and he is now a butthurt ranter

B4EQWASCOOL
06-26-2015, 12:26 PM
pretty sure halflingwarrior was a red player

sirken banned him for something or other and he is now a butthurt ranter

Never ceases to amaze me why people come to the forum if they don't play. Weird.

Swish
06-26-2015, 12:27 PM
he pretty rustled, must have gambled and lost.

Itap
06-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Never ceases to amaze me why people come to the forum if they don't play. Weird.

Ever been to the Misc section on bodybuilding.com forums? Not one person who ventures there works out, but it's one of the most popular forums in terms of internet trolls

HalflingWarrior
06-26-2015, 02:33 PM
This is what happens when you play too much blue server. If you aren't there yet, this could be you folks.

Try red, enjoy the game again.

Can confirm. I play a few hrs a week on red casual midlvl pvping. More fun than I had in 60 lvls of blue

Samoht
06-26-2015, 02:37 PM
I don't play here anymore.

I play a few hrs a week

Anybody else confused?

EQNoob
06-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Ever been to the Misc section on bodybuilding.com forums? Not one person who ventures there works out, but it's one of the most popular forums in terms of internet trolls

Negged, you're probably a June 15 join date.

@op he was in the right, as previously stated multiple times. You have to be able to engage and kill within a reasonable time frame. The shaman did nothing wrong.

Trojanman
06-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Hey all, Duumps here. Excited to have my first RnF about me!

Clearing the air, I camp the bear quite a bit and keep my shaman bound in the caves. I was actually on my druid a few minutes earlier tracking the bear as I knew the PH had been killed roughly 8 hours earlier. I found the bear (and no players nearby on track) and immediate logged out to get on the shaman.

The funny part is that I actually crashed while logging out so it took me an extra few minutes to log back with the shaman. I zipped over with gate and ran towards the bear when this guy PMed me. He mentioned something about it being camped, and without thinking much of it, I said "yea that was me" thinking he saw my druid camping it. He said something about he had claimed it or something about a friend coming to help... meanwhile the bear was already dead and looted, so he wasn't even close enough to know that had already happened.

Think what you will, I just wanted to get my side on record.

Lojik
06-26-2015, 03:30 PM

Clearing the air, I camp the bear quite a bit and keep my shaman bound in the caves. I was actually on my druid a few minutes earlier tracking the bear as I knew the PH had been killed roughly 8 hours earlier. I found the bear (and no players nearby on track) and immediate logged out to get on the shaman.

The funny part is that I actually crashed while logging out so it took me an extra few minutes to log back with the shaman. I zipped over with gate and ran towards the bear when this guy PMed me. He mentioned something about it being camped, and without thinking much of it, I said "yea that was me" thinking he saw my druid camping it. He said something about he had claimed it or something about a friend coming to help... meanwhile the bear was already dead and looted, so he wasn't even close enough to know that had already happened.

Scum of the earth. I bet you didn't even fill out the proper paper work for "legal termination of non player characters in a sub arctic biome." As required by article 47 subsection g

nhdjoseywales
06-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Scum of the earth. I bet you didn't even fill out the proper paper work for "legal termination of non player characters in a sub arctic biome." As required by article 47 subsection g

pretty sure those reqs were superceded by the treaty of rivervale

Ravager
06-26-2015, 04:31 PM
pretty sure those reqs were superceded by the treaty of rivervale

Give me one good reason why any of the free cities of Norrath should recognize the Treaty of Rivervale.

milsorgen
06-26-2015, 04:41 PM

Or maybe they were hugged too much.

https://i.imgur.com/4hxtFzP.jpg

Hijiri
06-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Xp'ING in perms pop'd in on my way and bear was up, gave it a brief shot (yellow and he is a undercon) And I drag'd him to the guy at ice giants to help me kill him. Spent about 5 mins

/there is a borderline equal item in PM
//op is kinda dumb if he thinks the server rule is 'can't kill this mob, everybody please stand by while I call in support

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-27-2015, 01:10 AM
yea

Can't spell the word yeah. Confirmed worst person in the world.

sulpher01
06-27-2015, 06:40 AM

No ones faulting you but the trolls and the idiot camping the mob he couldn't kill...

Faywind
06-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Anybody else confused?

So confused...

sanforce0001
06-27-2015, 07:12 PM
classic!

Fame
06-27-2015, 07:16 PM
lol good kill

jarshale
06-27-2015, 07:55 PM
So to summarize: OP is a scrub, Duumps doing gods work.

indiscriminate_hater
06-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Dumps is server legend

Itap
06-28-2015, 03:04 AM
Negged, you're probably a June 15 join date.

@op he was in the right, as previously stated multiple times. You have to be able to engage and kill within a reasonable time frame. The shaman did nothing wrong.

Join date Sept 2009

B4EQWASCOOL
06-28-2015, 06:39 AM
No ones faulting you but the trolls and the idiot camping the mob he couldn't kill...

Iaughed

apio
06-28-2015, 10:15 AM

boel
06-28-2015, 09:37 PM
duumps is the hero we need and deserve