PDA

View Full Version : Why is it

Bboboo
06-22-2015, 05:43 AM
when someone is camping a mob they are the reason why this server is going down hill because of the countless amount poop sockers, but when you camp a mob it's ok and not poop socking?

Cecily
06-22-2015, 06:29 AM
If I want to do something now and you're interfering with it, you are what's wrong with the server. See TMO the past 3 years.

Magifyre
06-22-2015, 07:26 AM
Something is only wrong when TMO does it.

Swish
06-22-2015, 07:48 AM
stop ruining my immersion or i'll petition

indiscriminate_hater
06-22-2015, 10:16 AM
bring back the compass

Champion_Standing
06-22-2015, 10:50 AM
What

Thulghor
06-22-2015, 04:51 PM
It's when you camp a mob, never give it up, lock down that content, then charge people essentially extortion to have access to it, that it becomes a problem. Camping it frequently is one thing. Camping it always, and often with the intent of just locking it out to raise prices/create a monopoly for yourself is something else entirely. See Zeat and other poopsockers as an example.

TMO, back in the day, was rumored to do raids on content they didn't need, solely to deprive others of the opportunity, and would delete drops, or charge people plat for access to rots.

Very not cool.

Thulghor
06-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Oh, also doing camps so you can farm plat or items for RMT. I think I read somewhere that is bad also.

Seltius
06-22-2015, 05:19 PM
No they never did raids they couldn't use there was always a new member who could use something or there was an item the guild could use as a whole. The only items I know were deleted were on a couple VP raids where either they were getting the crap trained out of them and didn't want the trainers to be able to loot or they couldn't get someone who could use there in time and the items rotted. They did sell a few items but since the guild covered all recharges and reagents and also bought a few items that no longer dropped or were very hard to find for members it was a fair tradeoff.

I would like to pose a question for you. Why is it not cool to sell rots to someone who didn't earn them? Why should TMO or any guild hand out loot solely because a main cannot use. If someone wants loot on a raid with a guild then join the guild and earn it. Or ask if you can attend the raid and help them kill the mob then ask if you can have or roll on it. Or just do like several people from A-Team and other guilds did and buy loot rights for the item you want. Don't sit there with your hand out expecting them to do the work then hand you the item just because you want it.

I think the issue comes more from what was going on in a place not as visible to the average player so they only had second, third, fourth, or even RNF hand accounts to go on.

Anything RMT is bad. It isn't condoned by the staff nor 99% of the player base. The other 1% should and over time will be purged. Unfortunately they haven't started banning IP addresses so the RMT person can just come back it sounds like.

Thulghor
06-22-2015, 05:44 PM
You're missing a key part of what I was saying: Intent.
If the intent is to maliciously lock out content that other players are capable of doing themselves for the sole purpose of creating a power monopoly and charge extortion, that isn't right. They are never afforded the opportunity to do anything else BUT purchase rots/epics/whatever.

Complaining about those sorts of things isn't entitlement either, especially when they could take their guilds and go out and kill all those mobs themselves, if they were ever up.

Also, if I remember correctly, a guild fairly recently had 400+ accounts banned for RMT, and before that, 100 or so accounts banned for hacking. It was made fairly public by Rogean himself.

The guild name escapes me however...

MaksimMazor
06-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Also, if I remember correctly, a guild fairly recently had 400+ accounts banned for RMT, and before that, 100 or so accounts banned for hacking. It was made fairly public by Rogean himself.

The guild name escapes me however...

400 accounts across the server, all guilds. Well, a lot of guilds

Cecily
06-22-2015, 06:17 PM
I love how that number gets bigger and the charges are worse every time the story gets told.
BTW, I heard it was 150 people arrested for ritual sacrifice of kittens.

Thulghor
06-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Regardless of the parties involved, RMT is bad.

Madbad
06-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Wasn't it all because of one dude who had access to all of the accounts?

Cecily
06-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Two dudes, but yeah. That was all.

Thulghor
06-22-2015, 06:26 PM
I love how that number gets bigger and the charges are worse every time the story gets told.

Just going to leave this here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181740

Cecily
06-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Just going to leave this here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181740

Ok, you were implying heavily that they were from my guild which absolutely isn't the case. One of the motives to RMT is to have nice stuff in game. Guess what? TMO members had the nicest stuff in the game and there wasn't much incentive to risk your account to buy stuff you could get for free. The other motive is to make money. As a raider for 2 years in TMO, I can assure you it's probably the worst way to make platinum. We didn't, most of us, play that casual pleb game in Seb farming plat in the pixel mines. The only people with enough plat to make money off it were the guild bankers and those accounts are under pretty heavy surveillance from staff and not involved in RMT activity. The TMO guild bank still being intact is a testament to that.

So I guess, peasant, my question for you is what exactly are you trying to say?

Thulghor
06-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Really? I'm a peasant now? Do I need to say anymore? You know you're writing on a forum for a video game right? These pixels are intangible.

Do I really need to dredge up all the TMO posts around here? I'd rather not. Also, you're the one that said "I like how the number gets bigger every time" yet the number in the post I put up was was higher than the amount I posted.

I'm sorry, but your attempt at spinning this around on me isn't going to work.

Also, my point is this:

It's when you camp a mob, never give it up, lock down that content, then charge people essentially extortion to have access to it, that it becomes a problem. Camping it frequently is one thing. Camping it always, and often with the intent of just locking it out to raise prices/create a monopoly for yourself is something else entirely. See Zeat and other poopsockers as an example.

Which is in itself a rather poor response to this:

when someone is camping a mob they are the reason why this server is going down hill because of the countless amount poop sockers, but when you camp a mob it's ok and not poop socking?

The point seems pretty clear. Even a peasant could understand it.

Champion_Standing
06-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Try being a functional adult that has more than pixels to take pride it. Then take it to PMs you scums.

Aviann
06-22-2015, 07:34 PM

I'm pretty sure it was 177 for the kitten thing

contemptor
06-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Wasn't it all because of one dude who had access to all of the accounts?
It was two very well known dudes, with 80+ accounts, absurd amounts of items/plat, and absolutely nobody knew about it but them. It was completely isolated from any guild activity, because it's extremely easy to pawn of millions of plat within the guild with nobody knowing.

Cecily
06-22-2015, 08:26 PM
I mean, minus the sarcasm, yeah.

Fael
06-22-2015, 09:25 PM

TMO, back in the day, was rumored to do raids on content they didn't need, solely to deprive others of the opportunity, and would delete drops, or charge people plat for access to rots.

Very not cool.

1. I am rumored to have a small D. But it's actually above average.
2. It's not our fault phara dar drops worthless claws 90 percent of the time, hoshkar drops wizard staffs 3x more than GSBs.
3. Do you even have a vp key?
4. My Alts did. All 14 of them.

Frieza_Prexus
06-22-2015, 09:38 PM
because it's extremely easy to pawn of millions of plat within the guild with nobody knowing.

It was blue diamonds, and it was pretty easy to move because I was buying them to give away on the guild resist mules I run.

Petitioning myself when I found out was rather pleasant.

Fael
06-22-2015, 09:41 PM
So I take it all that stuff happened pre nerf? When was the nerf again ?

Clark
06-23-2015, 03:01 AM
The main reason is the MMO culture as we all know has been changing to "everyone deserves to have the best item(s)". This has ruined the days of true MMO sandbox games.

We've completely shifted away from classic Everquest, and allowed current day MMO mentalities to fester their way into rules and policy here.

The playerbase isn't at fault even though it has had influence on changing the way things are done here. It's the staff for allowing classic Everquest to be destroyed by these policies. More and more policies, more and more rule changing. It's becoming like our government. Simplicity is the way of the sandbox, and we're far from the classic simplicity we once had here.

Thulghor
06-23-2015, 03:06 AM
I'd say there's also a clash between "everyone deserves to have the opportunity to have/acquire the best items" and "everyone expects everyone else to have the best items."

It's getting rare to see people who aren't twinked out of their mind in groups, and uncommon to run across people who look at you fun if you aren't.

Madbad
06-23-2015, 03:06 AM
TMO touched me in my no no spot