PDA

View Full Version : why dont you all join the same guild?

littlebobby3
06-17-2015, 10:09 AM
so i was wondering ...

every high end guild gets raid suspended for messing up some other guilds raid ... or this guy from this guild logged in and aggroed this mob and this other guild was here first.

so why dont all of you join the same guild? like make one guild with all like 600 of you or something (600 including all the alts and your friends account which you guys totally dont share that information with each other) and raid everything? you could totally call it " Ataagbdadoldeiibkwsnosttmof " this being the first letter of every raiding guild on P99 more or less.

seems kinda silly that 14 years ago i was raiding these bosses and i dont recall the GMs suspending us for killing cetain bosses or being rdy to go for a boss spawn, or have limited ways to find and kill the bosses, it was all FFA.

we talked to the guilds that wanted to kill them and they pretty much said 'hey yeah go for it you need it more than we do' and they left, if some of their members stayed to help that was cool... of course i never saw the GM that popped up and suspended that guild for helping i dunno ignorance is bliss

Swish
06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Why have 1 dkp in Guild X when you already have 7000 dkp in Guild Y?

Clark
06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
so i was wondering ...

every high end guild gets raid suspended for messing up some other guilds raid ... or this guy from this guild logged in and aggroed this mob and this other guild was here first.

so why dont all of you join the same guild? like make one guild with all like 600 of you or something (600 including all the alts and your friends account which you guys totally dont share that information with each other) and raid everything? you could totally call it " Ataagbdadoldeiibkwsnosttmof " this being the first letter of every raiding guild on P99 more or less.

seems kinda silly that 14 years ago i was raiding these bosses and i dont recall the GMs suspending us for killing cetain bosses or being rdy to go for a boss spawn, or have limited ways to find and kill the bosses, it was all FFA.

we talked to the guilds that wanted to kill them and they pretty much said 'hey yeah go for it you need it more than we do' and they left, if some of their members stayed to help that was cool... of course i never saw the GM that popped up and suspended that guild for helping i dunno ignorance is bliss

This guy is on to something here.

maurilax
06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
better yet why not join multiple guilds with all different characters and get 7000dkp in all of them!

Poltergist
06-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Sometime between 1999 and when this project was started EQ become more about bragging rights, greed and douchebaggery than about making friends and having fun....

Not classic.

Swish
06-17-2015, 10:37 AM
better yet why not join multiple guilds with all different characters and get 7000dkp in all of them!

I'm pretty sure Sirken (or Derubael) has mentioned previously about people in 2 guilds on the same account.

Would bet a good amount that's rife on the server...those people who log in just for raids that you never see casually for the rest of the week.

Bboboo
06-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Fuckin commies

Jimjam
06-17-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Sirken (or Derubael) has mentioned previously about people in 2 guilds on the same account.

Would bet a good amount that's rife on the server...those people who log in just for raids that you never see casually for the rest of the week.

It makes sense to me that the character, not the player, is in the guild. I admit that is a perspective derived from the RPG origins of the game, rather than a modern perspective.

Troubled
06-17-2015, 01:29 PM
ignore this poster, forgot rampage in his acronym

myriverse
06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Cuz some people don't wanna hang with douchebags.

contemptor
06-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Sometime between 1999 and when this project was started EQ become more about bragging rights, greed and douchebaggery than about making friends and having fun....

Not classic.

Portsche
06-17-2015, 07:09 PM

Only two? Casuals.

Oscillate
06-17-2015, 07:18 PM

Not classic.

Boy... you got this right.

Ravager
06-17-2015, 07:22 PM
so i was wondering ...

14 years ago there wasn't 2,000 level 60's on one server in Kunark.

Danth
06-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Don't see a problem with folks who're in different guilds on different characters. That's their prerogative.

I figure the folks who stay at the top end hate each other too much to tolerate being in a guild with more than some dozens of similar pixel-driven folks. After all, each extra person is that much more competition for the much-wanted pixels! The top guilds always seem to fracture after awhile once they get too many active players.

Danth

Nocsucow
06-17-2015, 10:31 PM
so i was wondering ...

bless his heart

waffel
06-17-2015, 10:39 PM
OP finally figured out the truth: this isn't classic. But it's the best there is. Either you want to do the poopsock thing or you don't.

My opinion? Play till it's not fun and move on. So many games to play out there you can afford to move on once it's not fun anymore.

P.S. No grown adult enjoys camping mobs for 10 hours a day. If they had the mental capacity to move on they would.

Oscillate
06-18-2015, 07:21 AM
OP finally figured out the truth: this isn't classic. But it's the best there is. Either you want to do the poopsock thing or you don't.

My opinion? Play till it's not fun and move on. So many games to play out there you can afford to move on once it's not fun anymore.

P.S. No grown adult enjoys camping mobs for 10 hours a day. If they had the mental capacity to move on they would.

I 2nd your opinion, thats about how I have been with EQ ever since I played it. Off and on lifestyle. lol

Seltius
06-18-2015, 09:46 AM

I hate to tell you but there is no way to survive in competitive raiding without being or turning into a douchebag. The only reason to keep separate guilds is some people just cannot be guilded with others no matter what. Also for truly competitive high end raiding guilds the boredom of no competition causes loss of interest. Its hard to log in if you don't need anything and know someone else is going to take care of the farming.

Sooner or later you look at where you are and no matter where you started you are in the same place as everyone else on that level. Believe me I know.

It is kind of like Politics an honest politician will never survive and any that start honest or naïve enough to think they can be honest fail or adapt. Show me an honest politician and ill show you a great liar.

Magifyre
06-18-2015, 11:32 PM

This is part of why I quit playing here, and also describes roughly 90% of the server.

myriverse
06-19-2015, 08:04 AM
I hate to tell you but there is no way to survive in competitive raiding without being or turning into a douchebag.
I don't really believe that. It is completely possible to compete without becoming douches.

But there is a tendency for one clique to always view another as douchebags. So everyone is a douchebag. Group A things B are douches. Group B thinks C are. And Group D thinks the rest are douches. Ad infinitum, Ad nauseum.

myriverse
06-19-2015, 08:06 AM
^ "A thinks B are douches."

And that's why people don't join the same guild.

Clark
06-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Fuckin commies

lol

Rivthis
06-19-2015, 01:27 PM
This is part of why I quit playing here, and also describes roughly 90% of the server.

98.9%

White Ranger Revival
06-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Only two? Casuals.

Champion_Standing
06-19-2015, 03:42 PM
I hate to tell you but there is no way to survive in competitive raiding without being or turning into a douchebag. The only reason to keep separate guilds is some people just cannot be guilded with others no matter what. Also for truly competitive high end raiding guilds the boredom of no competition causes loss of interest. Its hard to log in if you don't need anything and know someone else is going to take care of the farming.

Sooner or later you look at where you are and no matter where you started you are in the same place as everyone else on that level. Believe me I know.

It is kind of like Politics an honest politician will never survive and any that start honest or naïve enough to think they can be honest fail or adapt. Show me an honest politician and ill show you a great liar.

tl;dr this game is boring as fuck and the only form of entertainment that it offers is neckbeard drama and griefing.

littlebobby3
06-24-2015, 08:12 PM

Yes i did finally figure out the truth. sadly i didn't play in classic.

totally agree, p99 is more a on and off sort of thing for me...

nope at least i cant do it anymore, maybe if my kids were out of the house and not 7 months old and i was retired i could but na.

ignore this poster, forgot rampage in his acronym

rampage = TMO

maybe two guilds then .... one without the douche-bags and the other with them :D
what to name the other guild HMMM....

littlebobby3
06-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes i did finally figure out the truth. sadly i didn't play in classic.

totally agree, p99 is more a on and off sort of thing for me...

nope at least i cant do it anymore, maybe if my kids were out of the house and not 7 months old and i was retired i could but na.

rampage = TMO

maybe two guilds then .... one without the douche-bags and the other with them :D
what to name the other guild HMMM....

my bad it was forsaken not rampage my bad my bad, CANT FIND EDIT BUTTONN AGGRRHHH ... and i just looked at the roster posted in the raid forums so if i left out some guilds MY BAD.

syzygyst
06-24-2015, 08:28 PM

Not classic.

You forgot the people who make a steady income off of RMT, as well as the guy from red who's been selling pixels for adderall. Oh yeah, I forgot, he "quit" for a while until the heat dies down. Wonder when there will be virtual hookers so fat poopsockers can finally get laid?

Alluveal
06-24-2015, 08:51 PM
I recall (on live) that how raids worked depended on the server. Ours had a rotation and if you broke it, you were called out on the rant boards. Usually, that was enough to keep people in line. 99% of the time, guilds and leaders were happy to follow a rotation and few issues came up.

It really seems to depend on how people on the server communicate. I don't ever imagine myself to be a high-end raiding type person and figure there's more than enough content to keep people occupied from all walks of play.

I have spoken with and met (in game) some folks from the "uber" guilds and have always had a positive experience. I think it comes down to respect and how you interact with and speak to other players.

On one hand, I don't see non-uber guild folks ever getting epics, for example, because some of those harder/rarer mobs don't stay up longer than a few minutes, but on the other hand, I don't need an epic of "amaaaaazing gear" to have fun.

My experience on this server has been a positive one. Even those acting dickishly tend to show the nature of their better angels when push comes to shove. Consider me a glass-half-full (and also refillable) type of player.