PDA

View Full Version : Bard Hate and Recent Issues

Madri
06-16-2015, 05:01 AM
int rant // Rant starts

(

I know this wasn't intentional, but you can see why a lot of bards are concerned about it being that way from recent bugs.;

Game Mechanics: Bard songs only lasting 2 ticks *Should be in Spells Category*;

Spells: Kellin's Lucid Lullaby : Not Mezzing at all only showing emote.;

This thread: Monster Runspeed which applies to everyone.;

Bards now being truly hated on in LFG, some don't but a lot of people are soaking up this unintentional fix.(Where bards are not getting invites and sitting LFG for hours on end. Getting the, "Why don't you go pull whole zones ignorance!"). It seems the community is enjoying this unintended punishment to bards, while the bard players are not.;

Bards that do the 150 mob swarm method was not classic from the hardware stand point not the mechanic one.;

-Patch of Sep 19th 2004 "Bard PBAoE spells will no longer damage targets that are moving, however any other spell effects from the PBAoE spell will still be applied to the targets as usual." Applied by Brentlo.;

-This was where they noticed hardware caught up to allow the whole zone swarm kiting.;

I played a bard from start of EverQuest launch 1999-2013 no matter what is changed the class has to many utilities making it, if played correctly the most OP class in EverQuest.;

This will not change and people have to realized the potential of the bard in groups and solo. They took the ability to swarm whole zones away from us , we started charm swarm kiting. This class will always be able to do things other classes don't because of its utility options. Bard class itself needs a skilled player behind the reins to really see its potential.;

Bards on Live now tank better than Warriors from what i hear.;

P.S. Some bards are assholes like spoiled kids "I have the ability to do this, so it gives me the right to be a total f**khead". This does not apply to all of us.;

Thank you and good day :cool: ;

) // Rant ends

Kileras
06-16-2015, 07:11 AM
the nerf to kiting is a huge bummer. P99 loves to min max so you rarely get too far away from the tank/cleric/chanter/monk/rogue/something, and that something is hardly ever a bard.

i am biased, but the run speed bug hurts everyone. pulling without sow, leveling a lowbie char, all of it becomes a lot more dangerous without being able to strafe run. Maybe that shits classic and we have all been suckling at the breast of strafe run for too long.

Slithor
06-16-2015, 07:25 AM
Problem is that even with SoW some mobs are just as fast and you have to have SoW plus strafe to outrun them... It's ridiculous.

Troxx
06-16-2015, 07:28 AM
The runspeed and bard songs are simply bugged. They will get fixed.

As far as aoe kiting being nerfed? I'd jump for fucking joy. I'd wager 3/4 of the bards over 46 are kite monkeys who suck in groups. The more crappy bards there are out there, the harder it is for the rest of us to get groups (both by direct competition and by leaving bad tastes in the collective mouths of the playerbase).

So yeah - nerf aoe kiting and aoe PLing.

That'd make me a happy panda.

Baler
06-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Bard class itself needs a skilled player behind the reins to really see its potential.
http://www.adventuresintothewellknown.com/images/2013/c_March/chuck_norris_kicking_your_ass.gif

Madri
06-16-2015, 08:10 AM
http://www.adventuresintothewellknown.com/images/2013/c_March/chuck_norris_kicking_your_ass.gif

Lol

modenkane
06-16-2015, 08:35 AM
first
In classic EQ the skilled bards charm kited
grouping as any class is easy in EQ...most people afk tank and heal.
The don't invite a bard to your group is just some net nerdrage result of people crying about bards kiting.
Wizards can also kite 32 mobs..this is unaffected by any mechanic thats the devs at p99 have failed to fix..or any of your issues about bards..
Why aren't wizards on the don't group don't port list? ..prolly cause wizzies can level to max lvl kiting 8-32 mobs, our dam is not Dot so the mobs get hit full and our snare hits 4 mobs per cast (4x8=32).
Why is there no nurf for wizzies?
I'm guessing that your complaint is that you are now almost forced to group,cause only scrub bards waste their and everyones time pulling 30/40 mobs of even con and taking an hour to kill them...
Skilled bards charm kite.
Playing a bard pretty much means ,just like a wizz, you kite till max level.
Crying about not getting a group as a bard is stupid.
you should have known that there are no groups for bards. not if any other class is available....
Classic EQ.
This said there is no reason to change your ability to swarm kite unless this isn't really trying to be like classic its trying to obey all the cry babies..
If you say your goal is to emulate classic..
- you should not make changes based on what players do and do not like or what as a dev your personal preference is... or change from classic based on YOUR classic experience.. THATS is simply one man setting his plate for dinner and inviting people to watch him eat cause he is lonely eating all by himself.
Than when the guests arrive he says well theres ham and potatoes.. you can have potatoes but only my buddy there gets some ham..
Why invite people...remember people you were invited so that 8 lonely people would have groups to play with..THATS is the only reason thsoi server is public..
So do not expect a classic experience..
Expect the experience that a few peoples bias needed to create to get you to play here so they would not be playing alone..

Kileras
06-16-2015, 09:05 AM
first
In classic EQ the skilled bards charm kited
grouping as any class is easy in EQ...most people afk tank and heal.
The don't invite a bard to your group is just some net nerdrage result of people crying about bards kiting.
Wizards can also kite 32 mobs..this is unaffected by any mechanic thats the devs at p99 have failed to fix..or any of your issues about bards..
Why aren't wizards on the don't group don't port list? ..prolly cause wizzies can level to max lvl kiting 8-32 mobs, our dam is not Dot so the mobs get hit full and our snare hits 4 mobs per cast (4x8=32).
Why is there no nurf for wizzies?
I'm guessing that your complaint is that you are now almost forced to group,cause only scrub bards waste their and everyones time pulling 30/40 mobs of even con and taking an hour to kill them...
Skilled bards charm kite.
Playing a bard pretty much means ,just like a wizz, you kite till max level.
Crying about not getting a group as a bard is stupid.
you should have known that there are no groups for bards. not if any other class is available....
Classic EQ.
This said there is no reason to change your ability to swarm kite unless this isn't really trying to be like classic its trying to obey all the cry babies..
If you say your goal is to emulate classic..
- you should not make changes based on what players do and do not like or what as a dev your personal preference is... or change from classic based on YOUR classic experience.. THATS is simply one man setting his plate for dinner and inviting people to watch him eat cause he is lonely eating all by himself.
Than when the guests arrive he says well theres ham and potatoes.. you can have potatoes but only my buddy there gets some ham..
Why invite people...remember people you were invited so that 8 lonely people would have groups to play with..THATS is the only reason thsoi server is public..
So do not expect a classic experience..
Expect the experience that a few peoples bias needed to create to get you to play here so they would not be playing alone..

my fucking brain hurts.

Champion_Standing
06-16-2015, 09:57 AM
ban all the bards

Bilbik
06-16-2015, 10:17 AM

How can I kite 32 mobs EQ Mastah? Please explain

indiscriminate_hater
06-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Just fix charm kiting and all parties would be happy

Lakos11
06-16-2015, 11:54 AM
How can I kite 32 mobs EQ Mastah? Please explain

Only the most skilled Wizards (boxers) can do that.

Tenlaar
06-16-2015, 12:27 PM
the nerf to kiting is a huge bummer. P99 loves to min max so you rarely get too far away from the tank/cleric/chanter/monk/rogue/something, and that something is hardly ever a bard.

The solution is to play your bard as the tank, obviously.

Errakus
06-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Just fix charm kiting and all parties would be happy

I'd love this... but they'd rather play with mob run speed.

Pokesan
06-17-2015, 12:26 AM
oh those poor bards

won't anyone think of the bards?

fuck bards

indiscriminate_hater
06-17-2015, 12:50 AM
oh those poor bards

won't anyone think of the bards?

fuck bards

^ jelly

kaev
06-17-2015, 02:42 AM
Ain't gonna give nobody none o mah jelly roll, jelly roll,
Ain't gonna gave nobody none to save they soul

fuck p99 bards, buncha lame-assed pretenders, maybe 1 in 50 is worth half a damn in a group

Halfelfbard
06-17-2015, 06:04 AM
In bard we trust.

GnashingOfTeeth
06-17-2015, 08:06 AM
You ruined your own lands....

Clark
06-19-2015, 04:07 PM
In bard we trust.

Such a great avatar. :D

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-20-2015, 09:57 PM
http://diylol.com/meme-generator/heavens-gate-dude/memes/the-nerfing-is-real

Kollins
08-21-2015, 05:05 AM
Bards kited on live in the Kunark and Velious era. You just never saw it because they did it in the most out of the way zones where nobody could seem them, cry and bring the nerf bats swinging. Most of the time, it was charm kiting, mainly because PC power and Internet bandwidth were limited, so it was not possible to pull 100+ mobs and have your PC not die or dial up connection peg out. I know some bards who had cutting edge rigs and good connections who swarm kited, but you would have been hard pressed to find one because they hid it from EVERYONE.

P99 devs are all about the classic mechanics and won't bring the nerf bats in when that's how it worked on live. The Internet has exploded since 1999 and any nimrod can websearch a million guides and videos, even bing has tons of hits. Even an ancient gaming rig and crappy Internet connection can handle the entities and bandwidth of a swarm these days. Because of this, the kiting bards aren't hiding what they are doing, so leveling groups and soloers are seeing it. Yes there are a-holes who don't care about the other XPers in a zone and yes there are bards who's only skill is kiting, but there are also bards who can fill many roles in a group and who can kite without ruining it for the XPers in the zone.

I'm looking at this big gap in the 40s where melee skills are capped. I played DPS, enchanter, tank, healer, DoTer, whatever was needed in a group on live, I do the same on P99 and I see no reason to watch my XP bar crawl along again. My in game friends will also contend that sometimes I even take them along for the XP ride :)

captnamazing
08-21-2015, 06:34 AM
tl;dr

maerilith
08-21-2015, 07:22 AM
I think it's interesting how P99 is changing the way people played a game in 99.

Swish
08-21-2015, 07:41 AM
I know I had a fun time kiting borer beetles in North Karana by the EK bridge, but it would be just 1 at a time... never thought to round up half the zone!

Troxx
08-21-2015, 08:51 AM
In 'classic' on a bard I once kited 12 (twelve) gnolls in EK ... I and those around me thought i was hot shit.

In classic people didn't kite dozens/scores/hundreds at a time.

Shjade
08-21-2015, 02:22 PM
The most I remember kiting as a bard on live was about 25 or so mobs in Plane of Disease.

That wasn't my initial goal, mind you; I was doing it to derail the trains other people dragged toward the exit when I could tell they'd never survive the climb (and/or they'd get other people killed on the way). I just absorbed their trains into the 4 or so mobs I'd started with.

I also remember lagging so bad whenever I accidentally turned enough to see the group I was kiting that they'd catch up enough to almost instagib me. And that they'd kill any group of the mob I charmed so fast I couldn't break the charm and finish it off anyway. Eventually just cleared the train to the zone myself when I was sure it was all clear.

The kind of swarms done on this server would've been impossible, at least on my rig.

Gilder
08-21-2015, 03:30 PM
I think it's interesting how P99 is changing the way people played a game in 99.

best post in this thread.

Calibix
08-21-2015, 03:47 PM
As a bard, I agree that hordes of shitty bards have ruined it for competent bards. I can sit LFG all day and not get a single tell, yet I can pull in most camps better than monks, CC like a boss, and bring quality buffs to the table. But fuck it, he's a bard right?

Lamil
08-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Best puller in KC I've grouped with is a bard

indiscriminate_hater
08-21-2015, 06:30 PM
the people that discriminate against bards are generally the ones don't know what bards are capable of in groups, so you don't want to be grouping with them anyways (read: bad players)