PDA

View Full Version : A newbie's guide to EQ

Telin
06-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Funny guide on how to properly play classic EQ:

http://www.somethingawful.com/everquest/newbies-guide-everquest/1/

Telin
06-07-2015, 04:55 PM
"Remember: if you're a male, you can only play as a male character! If Verant or Sony finds out you're a male playing as a female, they will take away your account. This is so people can form deep and meaningful relationships while grouping, and eventually marry them on the server (and the notice can be sent to EQVault or Everlore). Since this rule is in place, you can be 100 percent sure that every woman on the server is actually a woman who you should befriend, in the hopes of getting her phone number and having cybersex with her over your favorite AOL chat channel."

Lol!

Big_Japan
06-07-2015, 11:46 PM
for some reason i had always thought SA "jumped the shark" at some point in the early 2000's, but it would appear i just had shit taste from 1999-2001

Foggon
06-09-2015, 01:38 AM
Lmao..

To make it easier for you, type in all acronyms. For example, if you need help in the Field of Bone, type "/shout NH FOB". If you're looking for an NPC merchant who you aren't Kill-on-sight to, type "/shout LF NPC M NotKOS".

Foggon
06-09-2015, 01:46 AM
Omg I am so glad I stumbled across this treasure chest!

Beginners guide to everquest:
-Lag in Everquest hardly ever occurs. If you do experience lag, you should "/shout LAGGGGGG!", which will inform and warn all other characters. If the lag continues, you should "/shout This is ridiculous! I can't play with all this lag!" but you should continue to keep playing at all costs (very important)

Not reading in any particular order but I literally rofled by the time I got to this one :D

http://www.somethingawful.com/everqu...e-everquest/1/

Foggon
06-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Omg there's a page 2..

-The sole function of everybody else in that group is to keep you from dying, and if you ever get below 85% health start shouting that you need heals.

k2summit
06-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Fighting:

If you've hit a new level and just got some brand new spells, immediately try them out on some creatures that con yellow or red to you. The spells are undoubtedly way more powerful than anything you've dealt with previously, and you're sure to kill anything in a few blasts! If it ends up killing you, it's because Verant obviously doesn't know jack shit about "balancing the game". If fighting in a group, the sole function of everybody else in that group is to keep you from dying. Remind them of this repeatedly, and if you ever get below 85% health, start shouting that you need heals.

LoliPops
06-09-2015, 09:13 AM
for some reason i had always thought SA "jumped the shark" at some point in the early 2000's, but it would appear i just had shit taste from 1999-2001

indiscriminate_hater
06-09-2015, 10:49 AM
"If you just logged in and are part of a super-k3wl guild, you should announce your presence over the /shout channel. Make sure your guild has a hilarious and witty greeting! For example, if your guild's name is the "Clan of the White Wolf", announce yourself by shouting "Hail Clan of the White Wolf! HOOOOOWWWWWWLLLL!" at which point all other guild members should respond with "HOOOOWWWWLLLLLL!" This will set your guild apart from the other, more inferior guilds, by demonstrating how organized and important your guild obviously is."

this happens an astonishing amount on p99

Nightbear
06-09-2015, 10:53 AM
I was in a SA guild in EQ2, goons represent

Aviann
06-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I was in a SA guild in EQ2, goons represent

Do you have stairs in your house?