PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to Drakkan <Asgard>, a true embodiment of the spirit of classic EQ

Lune
06-07-2015, 04:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WMtPIRk.jpg

-

I'd like to personally thank Drakkan for reminding me to always be on the top of my game, timing spawns, cherrypicking named's from all over the zone, and just generally going hard in the paint to make sure I'm outcompeting all the other noobs in KC.

I hope everyone truly appreciates the efforts of people like Drakkan to make Karnor's Castle the paradise of camaraderie, courtesy, and nostalgia that it currently is. I'm glad we have people like him around to enforce the server rules.

Seriously though, stay the fuck out of Karnor's if you value your sanity. Can't believe I even went back there in the first place.

Tiggles
06-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Jesus you're a salty cunt

nyclin
06-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Jesus you're a salty cunt

low effort, I give it a 2/10

ridiculousmoose
06-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome to karnors?

Rayzor84
06-07-2015, 06:03 PM
I enjoyed this.

Stormfists
06-07-2015, 06:06 PM
So just to clarify...

You are on an FTE contested server,
You are claiming to cover two camps,
You don't have a physical presence in the second camp,
You were out-classed in pulls,
You send a shitty tell to someone who clearly doesn't care to talk to you,

And then you RNF that person purporting to be the victim?

This... this is golden.

Tipsyer
06-07-2015, 06:24 PM
OP then trains the group in a fit of man-child rage.

Be the change you wish to see, Lune.

Lune
06-07-2015, 06:32 PM
So just to clarify...

You are on an FTE contested server,
You are claiming to cover two camps,
You don't have a physical presence in the second camp,
You were out-classed in pulls,
You send a shitty tell to someone who clearly doesn't care to talk to you,

And then you RNF that person purporting to be the victim?

This... this is golden.

I don't dent that I was outclassed in pulls. I was being a shitty puller. It was Sunday morning and I was taking her easy.

Following the rules and behaving honorably are two different things. People who understand and care about ethics generally comprehend that.

Technically, it's not against the rules for me to drive at 70 mph down the fast lane of a California freeway, campaign against vaccines, blow cigarette smoke into my newborn's lungs, squirt diarrhea on a toilet seat, and flatly refuse to wash my hands after I wipe my ass. These are things people generally don't do out of respect for other human beings. People who do these things are scumbags.

This post isn't about anybody breaking the rules (which should have been clear to you), it's about pointing out that somebody was being a scumbag.

OP then trains the group in a fit of man-child rage.

Be the change you wish to see, Lune.

I didn't train anybody. I did run down there and pull one of your warlords before I left, which is something I had avoided doing until then.

bktroost
06-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Look, nothing makes sense on this server. Why are we an FTE driven server, yet guides will support noobs who petition out of ignorance of the rules. Why do some people get ridiculously severe punishments for minor things and others get slaps on the wrists for major issues. Why are class C guilds in class R and class R guilds in class C. The Kinks said it best: "It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola, La-la-la-la Lola"

Stormfists
06-07-2015, 06:58 PM
If RCY and LCY is camped but both are pulling un-camped captain ... Would you still be so self entitled?

iruinedyourday
06-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Technically, it's not against the rules for me to drive at 70 mph down the fast lane of a California freeway, campaign against vaccines, blow cigarette smoke into my newborn's lungs, squirt diarrhea on a toilet seat, and flatly refuse to wash my hands after I wipe my ass.

I hardly think pulling a named from a room with none camping it is equivalent to blasting diarrhea on a toilet seat.

Pokesan
06-07-2015, 07:10 PM
If RCY and LCY is camped but both are pulling un-camped captain ... Would you still be so self entitled?

'ENTITLED!' he screeched, clouds of cheese powder flying from his greasy tangled beard

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Good work Drakkan.

Lune
06-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Good work Drakkan.

He is leveraging the ranger class in a powerful way and I respect that

Yoogoplop
06-08-2015, 02:23 PM
I've always hated rule lawyering and people who use it as an excuse to be douchey. I also hate the passive aggressive twats that would rather cry about being wronged than just being better than the first asshole. Main reason I don't play much anymore is because there are 3 types of people on P99. The first type - douches who use the ridiculously micro-managed "I got butt hurt in 2000 so I made idiotic play nice rules on this server" rule touting morons. The second type - passive aggressive crying virgins who still need their mother's breast milk for sustenance that just cry and cry and cry that everyone else is ruining their gaming experience. The third type - people who are playing a game, realize they are playing a game, and just want to have fun while hanging out with buddies and killing shit.

The third type is a huuuuuge minority and the only reason the game can be fun at times.

Champion_Standing
06-08-2015, 02:52 PM
The only people that play this game to "experience classic Everquest" quit before lvl 40. If you are still playing after lvl 40 you are nothing but a greedy, pixel obsessed scum bag. Not your fault either, it's just what eq does to people.

One day you're having fun sharing your experience with random like-minded nerds and the next your shaking with rage as one of those same like-minded nerds walks near your camp.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Drakken was like...
http://209.68.60.26/files/images/pre-issue22/chinatown.preview.jpg

And Lune was like...
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lps76hylhN1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

And then RnF was all like...
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/146464.jpg

rollin5k
06-08-2015, 02:56 PM
If your not going 80+ in ca get out the way. What you talking bout

Lune
06-08-2015, 02:57 PM
I've always hated rule lawyering and people who use it as an excuse to be douchey. I also hate the passive aggressive twats that would rather cry about being wronged than just being better than the first asshole. Main reason I don't play much anymore is because there are 3 types of people on P99. The first type - douches who use the ridiculously micro-managed "I got butt hurt in 2000 so I made idiotic play nice rules on this server" rule touting morons. The second type - passive aggressive crying virgins who still need their mother's breast milk for sustenance that just cry and cry and cry that everyone else is ruining their gaming experience. The third type - people who are playing a game, realize they are playing a game, and just want to have fun while hanging out with buddies and killing shit.

The third type is a huuuuuge minority and the only reason the game can be fun at times.

I think the reason you don't play much anymore is probably because you didn't make many friends or ever really end up being noticed much, so it's easy for you to devalue everyone on the server and hyberbolize their attitudes as a defense for your self esteem. This is behavior common among angsty teenagers and autistic neckbeards. I know this because I took a psychology class one time in college.

I've met so many kind, hilarious, incredibly interesting people on P99, people I've gone on to meet in RL. Despite some of the drama that occurs here, I think it's really one of the better communities for a hobby or video game I've found. That third type is most definitely not a huge minority.

Yoogoplop
06-08-2015, 03:16 PM
I've met the same type of people, and it's not because I didn't make friends, it's because those friends see the same thing everyone else does when they quit playing. So we play other games together still and BS around in teamspeak. I did generalize people, because people that think everyone is a unique snowflake are idiots. It's not about the drama, EQ always had drama, it's about the online community in general, the reason I quit playing WoW, the reason LoL is a pool of liquid garbage.

I didn't say they were all "autistic" and "neckbeards." Frankly I think the way people use "autistic" in this community is vile as well. I've met a lot of autistic kids and their parents over the years and it's absolutely atrocious the way it's used here. I'm an atheist but I wish there was a hell sometimes for people that use diseases and genetic disorders as a way to incite some sort of feeling towards a behavior that is controllable. If you were unable to console your child when they were upset, or felt like you were unable to make an emotional connection to the child you helped bring into the world, you'd understand how shitty it is to have a bunch of 20 year old hate mongering assholes use your child's uncontrollable condition as a joke.

I do think saying the third type is a minority was a mistake I happened to make in my rant. There are a lot of good people, but they tend not to be very vocal. And as far as the "one of the better communities" goes... just because the bar is set so fucking low for online video game communities, doesn't make garbage less trashy.

Champion_Standing
06-08-2015, 04:19 PM
I think the reason you don't play much anymore is probably because you didn't make many friends or ever really end up being noticed much, so it's easy for you to devalue everyone on the server and hyberbolize their attitudes as a defense for your self esteem. This is behavior common among angsty teenagers and autistic neckbeards. I know this because I took a psychology class one time in college.

I've met so many kind, hilarious, incredibly interesting people on P99, people I've gone on to meet in RL. Despite some of the drama that occurs here, I think it's really one of the better communities for a hobby or video game I've found. That third type is most definitely not a huge minority.

Immersion level 11/10

Your gonna pop your top son

Rararboker
06-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Love the comparisons he made to all kinds of reasonable behavior just to equate it to things like pooping in a toilet seat. You got beat by a ranger, reroll pls.k.thnx.bai.

nyclin
06-08-2015, 05:01 PM
You're a spergy shit-slinging cocksucker who I value less than trash. But what I really love about this server are the nice, interesting, wonderful spergy shit-slinging cocksuckers.

Tann
06-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Following the rules and behaving honorably are two different things. People who understand and care about ethics generally comprehend that.

Technically, it's not against the rules for me to drive at 70 mph down the fast lane of a California freeway, campaign against vaccines, blow cigarette smoke into my newborn's lungs, squirt diarrhea on a toilet seat, and flatly refuse to wash my hands after I wipe my ass. These are things people generally don't do out of respect for other human beings. People who do these things are scumbags.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/images/p99-gold-flat.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gwRb5uybNTvRS/200_s.gif

Aviann
06-08-2015, 06:50 PM
If your not going 80+ in ca get out the way. What you talking bout

Its good to know California isn't filled with pussies and lesbians!

LoliPops
06-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Blubie problems lol

Yibz
06-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Play red

Kill Drakkan

Kill pawduster

Stormfists
06-09-2015, 04:29 AM
Humanity critical hits LuneOP for infinite damage.

Lune has been slain by selfpwnage!

Tankdan
06-09-2015, 04:48 AM
Hands WL is not 1 camp

It never has been, and it never will be.

Uggme
06-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Hands WL is not 1 camp

It never has been, and it never will be.

Back on Druzzil To Hand/WL WAS one camp. Shit's classic.

The dipshit who sniped the named is a scumbag who is clearly just another sad tryhard.

100percentanon
06-09-2015, 09:29 AM

The dipshit who sniped the named is a scumbag who is clearly just another sad tryhard.

And highkeep was 3 sometimes 4 separate camps. This isnt classic. Go play somewhere else.

Uggme
06-09-2015, 09:49 AM
And highkeep was 3 sometimes 4 separate camps. This isnt classic. Go play somewhere else.

What an excellent way to show your stupidity!

By your logic, due to camps in a mid 20s zone behaving differently than in live, another zone half way across the world should be different too?

I don't even know what the hell you are trying to get at here. The fact that Drakken acted like an ass and was, in fact, an ass is clear.

Rayzor84
06-09-2015, 10:00 AM
What an excellent way to show your stupidity!

By your logic, due to camps in a mid 20s zone behaving differently than in live, another zone half way across the world should be different too?

I don't even know what the hell you are trying to get at here. The fact that Drakken acted like an ass and was, in fact, an ass is clear.

Ur totally right bro.

He should've left a named mob up until another camp decided they wanted to wander out and pull it. What was he thinking? Going after a named in an uncamped area, for shame.

100percentanon
06-09-2015, 10:09 AM

It is painfully obvious you have never been in kc on this server. Please continue not playing here.

bktroost
06-09-2015, 10:30 AM
The reality is, if you want to establish new rules you have the freedom to create your own emulated server. As is, harassing someone for doing something legal and within the rules is the really deplorable action. Why smear someone's name for playing according to the rules? Sirken and Rogean could always just change rules, but until then they have set the social standard.

Champion_Standing
06-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Instancing and dungeon finder could fix all this.

Uggme
06-09-2015, 11:01 AM
The reality is, if you want to establish new rules you have the freedom to create your own emulated server. As is, harassing someone for doing something legal and within the rules is the really deplorable action. Why smear someone's name for playing according to the rules? Sirken and Rogean could always just change rules, but until then they have set the social standard.

"Hey, it's not against the rules so..." Is not going to fly.

If I could legally spit on people and not get charged with assault, that doesn't mean I'm going to do it simply because I can. There are social norms that guide me to not do that, even if i might want to. Though this game is set in a fantasy world there are still actual people sitting behind the keyboard. Thus the accepted social norms we've set up as a society still apply. Drakkens actions are a reflection of his character. Your defense of his are a reflection of yours.

Relax tryhards. Seriously. Stealing other people's named mobs isn't as much fun as you make it out to be. Pretending like it's OK makes ya look like a scumbag

waffel
06-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Holy shit someone killed your video game monster?! Better act like a child who hasn't developed the skills necessary to understand that there are more important things to worry about that some goddamn pixels in a video game.

The saddest, most embarrassing thing about this whole situation is that the two sides ("he stole my mob, fuck him" vs "the rules say I can have this mob, fuck you") feel like they're somehow right. But the sad truth is that you both already lost because you're both taking video game pixels TOO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

Congrats, you're both vying to be the valedictorian at a school for retards.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-10-2015, 03:29 AM
Instancing and dungeon finder could fix all this.

Ban this man.

wormed
06-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I hardly think pulling a named from a room with none camping it is equivalent to blasting diarrhea on a toilet seat.

This had me laughing. Hahaha.

Waedawen
06-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I, personally, just think it's very fucking funny how the GM's decided to go absolutely completely 100% against Sony's decision making as far as 'Kill Stealing' is concerned.

On here, it's "if you look at a mob funny, it's yours, and you can cry about it"

From SoE, it's "you killed a mob and got XP, then it was yours, and they can cry about it."

So I mean it's literally the Twilight Zone

Lune
06-11-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm frankly surprised by the shit reading comprehension exhibited by the posters in this thread. I made it quite clear that no server rules were violated. I only wanted to point out that Drakkan did something rude that is generally frowned upon by people outside Karnor's Castle, which caused me substantial butthurt.

However, I've rarely seen an RNF thread so united in pillorying the OP so I think I've probably perceived this wrong and this is actually something most people would be fine with? I don't know. One time I was doing MM courtyard with a group of high lvl 30's and some level 60 came and sat on dhamp and claimed the camp because we weren't sitting right on him. Many tears were had by my poor group and we ended up breaking up.

I think RNF exists for precisely that reason now, since we can't really post about anything else-- butthurt neckbeards crying about having their pixels stolen.

Aviann
06-11-2015, 10:49 PM
I, personally, just think it's very fucking funny how the GM's decided to go absolutely completely 100% against Sony's decision making as far as 'Kill Stealing' is concerned.

On here, it's "if you look at a mob funny, it's yours, and you can cry about it"

From SoE, it's "you killed a mob and got XP, then it was yours, and they can cry about it."

So I mean it's literally the Twilight Zone

To be honest the servers were ran pretty independently from one another, and the rule sets were very much different. For instance, on Bristlebane, for years and years, it was always about that FTE.

bloodmuffin
06-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Ban this man.