PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Douchebaggery

XDrake
10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Now I love me CL... Wonderful way to find a deal. However, as a seller lately I've delt with a lot of douchebaggery.

Selling a used washer and dryer since our new house came with some. Both for $100.00. Work fine. Had three people that called not show up. Another couple shows being rude and demands $80.00. Ask if we can meet at $90.00 and they walk. Okay, at least they showed and made an offer. Another guy shows up and claims he wants it, but needs to go get money for it and a special piece at the hardware store to convert it to 220. Never comes back.

Finally, a guy does come. We agree on a price and haul both out to his truck. We load them up, and right when he closes the tailgate this guy goes, "So, can you take $80?"

I stick to the price we agreed to and he begins to act like a bear with a sore ass. He starts counting just $100.00 from a wad of $20s he has. This guy was even bragging to me about his new 30k truck before we loaded it up and he sees how better off fiancially he is than an Army NCO like myself and he wants to try and put a thumb on me after we AGREED to a price? If you wanted to negotiate you do it before you agree to a price or at least before we load them into your truck.

Could he at least not have the audacity not to act like I just fucked his wife when I tell him, "No. $100. We can unload it if you like."

ooantipostoo
10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Shitty, Personally ill never sell anything on craigslist that requires someone meeting me at my house.

XDrake
10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
And before anyone else does...

U mad bro?

Japan
10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
maybe you wouldn't meet the dregs of society if you weren't selling cheap trash on craigslist, you broke plebe

quellren
10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
The 'Yeah, I'd like to come take a look at it, how do I get there?' and then not show up bit irks the hell out of me.

I assume he just wanted my address to come case my house. I try to meet them somewhere unless its something too big to move, like a couch.

guineapig
10-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Used washing machines make me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TqBSI8ZBzQ

fishingme
10-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Tip for future when you are selling. Get the money BEFORE you help load up whatever you are selling into his truck =)

Taluvill
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Part of me thinks it comes with the territory, being a free ebay, for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I use Craigslist for a lot of stuff, got a job and a car off of it as a matter of fact, but on something where people don't really have to invest any time to get a phone number, it makes it easy to not care back.

Dantes
10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Hello. I will pay you 5 times your asking price, but unfortunately, I cannot be there to pick up the product or inspect it because I am on business in London. But I will send my friend to pick the item up. I will mail you a money order, I just need the following information from you:

First Name
Last Name
Home Address
Phone Number
Work Phone Number
Cell Phone Number
Social Security Number
Bank Account Number
Mother's Maiden Name
Which hand you masturbate with

Tiggles
10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
I used to buy hookers on craigslist.

God Damn government interfering with my civil liberties.

Theldios
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Hello. I will pay you 5 times your asking price, but unfortunately, I cannot be there to pick up the product or inspect it because I am on business in London. But I will send my friend to pick the item up. I will mail you a money order, I just need the following information from you:
First Name
Last Name
Home Address
Phone Number
Work Phone Number
Cell Phone Number
Social Security Number
Bank Account Number
Mother's Maiden Name
Which hand you masturbate with

First Name: Lu
Last Name: Cifer
Home Address: 666 satanic route
Phone Number: 666-666-6666
Work Phone Number: 666-666-6666
Cell Phone Number: 666-666-6666
Social Security Number: 666-66-6666
Bank Account Number: 666
Mother's Maiden Name: n/a
Which hand you masturbate with: Yours

Estolcles
10-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Which hand you masturbate with: Yours

This made me nearly choke on my chicken nuggets. XD

Henini
10-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I used to buy hookers on craigslist.

God Damn government interfering with my civil liberties.

I still do... move to Canada

Bojangles
10-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah, screw Craigslist. They took all my dick pictures off.

fishingme
10-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, screw Craigslist. They took all my dick pictures off.

Not their fault they have a minimum kbs allowed for a pic, sucks for you your dick can't fill it

OngorDrakan
10-23-2010, 04:19 PM
The dude did it on purpose. Think about it. You help him load them. He's got them. Now he wants to haggle because what are you going to do about it? They're already loaded. Cash up front, then the product. That's how it goes. But you should stand your ground if it happens again.

nilbog
10-23-2010, 05:28 PM
This made me nearly choke on my chicken nuggets. XD

:( chicken nuggets from where? :(

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4caa07677f8b9a0358510100/chicken-goo.jpg

Jburks8
10-23-2010, 05:37 PM
This is a website where the guy messes with people on craigslist all the time... It's hilarious. Alleviate some of your frustration by reading a couple of his replys to people's ads:

http://dontevenreply.com/

Thank me later!

Jenithia
10-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh man I love the church donation one, thanks for the laughs.

Jburks8
10-24-2010, 10:01 AM
http://dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=50

http://dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=84

Those two are my favorites. People on craigslist can be downright annoying, but at least you haven't had to deal with this guy yet! Haha.