PDA

View Full Version : Scumbag of the year award - Hermon from Indignation

Crecentia
06-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Asks for a port to hate, says he has stone. Claims hate was cleared today.

I port up and wait for him to sneak for his rogue epic book and was jumped and killed, ported up to get my corpse and port us out, got killed again. Ported up one final time and thankfully Divinity was up there killing. Got out.

This isn't his fault but I tipped the cleric they were with 200p since he rezzed a non guildy during raid twice.

The tip?

57 Plat.

Enjoy your 30k from the MQ scumbag.

William_Munny15
06-07-2015, 05:59 PM
lol damn bummer dude =(

Champion_Standing
06-07-2015, 06:31 PM
scumbag status confirmed.

Bboboo
06-07-2015, 06:40 PM
We need more name and shaming round here.

Herp
06-07-2015, 06:42 PM
If true - Wow Indignation. Scummy, very scummy.

Jaxon
06-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Crecentia is on top her her game. It sucks to see to a good wizard get stiffed like this.

bktroost
06-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Lots of name and shame again.

FatMice
06-07-2015, 08:10 PM
o.O

Nightbear
06-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Wow scumbag of the year, that's quite the honor on this server

Cecily
06-07-2015, 08:20 PM
So many wonderful nominations this year, it's a very exciting time to be a scumbag!

MaksimMazor
06-07-2015, 08:26 PM
So many wonderful nominations this year, it's a very exciting time to be a scumbag!

I love awards season

Pookieson
06-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Died on port up - then ports up again because down syndrome - dies - ports up AGAIN because down syndrome - gets lucky Divinity was there so you don't die from thrice repeated down syndrome.

The first death was too bad. The second and almost third times you died, you were porting into a place you died on zone in without waiting for the rogue you ported up to say it was clear to port in. You dumb, sorry.

Rararboker
06-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Died on port up - then ports up again because down syndrome - dies - ports up AGAIN because down syndrome - gets lucky Divinity was there so you don't die from thrice repeated down syndrome.

The first death was too bad. The second and almost third times you died, you were porting into a place you died on zone in without waiting for the rogue you ported up to say it was clear to port in. You dumb, sorry.

Pookieson
06-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Its too bad Divinity was there to save you - im curious how long you have repeated your willful and expensive death loop. And then you try and pass the bill onto the dude who simply bought a port up and down, and even provided his own stone?! Its not his job to pay for your stupidity.

Cecily
06-07-2015, 10:42 PM
3 hate stones + 200p rez for 57p.

Lojik
06-07-2015, 10:47 PM
One of the earliest groups i remember doing on p99 was with Harmon and Hermon...I thought they might have been two boxers cause of the names lol

Pookieson
06-07-2015, 10:52 PM
2 hate stones**

but regardless - you expect a customer to foot the bill if you decide to death loop yourself because you are too flustered(dumb) to ask the ROGUE sitting at the port in whether its clear or not?

its like a taxi driver demanding you pay for the repairs to his car because you were the one catching a ride when he got into a fender bender. and in the process, he tries to fix the small fender bender dent with a sledge hammer, only making it worse, and then claiming this is still your fault and you should pay for it.

Cecily
06-07-2015, 11:01 PM
3 and the tip doesn't cover a fraction of the first.

Pookieson
06-07-2015, 11:02 PM
he provided the first hate stone...

Cecily
06-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Ok nm 2. Still.. I wouldn't feel good about asking a wizard to solo port me there.

Samoht
06-07-2015, 11:35 PM
He did lie about it being clear, tho.

Pookieson
06-07-2015, 11:39 PM
It was cleared at some point that day - wiz got killed by trash roamers.

Cecily
06-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Not necessarily. It coulda been a trash mob, b/c they respawn quicker.

Harbogast
06-08-2015, 12:56 AM
One time a rogue asked me to port him up to hate, and said he would pay for the stone. The first thing I did was tell him I had to move a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap to my wizard in case I got agro after zoning up. Then I asked him what his plan was for getting past the Spite Golems which see thru sneak. He had no answer. Then I asked him what his plan was for getting out of hate if I had to cap out of there. He had no cap and didn't have any plan. I told him that the outcomes of 99.9% of everquest engagements were predictable to knowledgable gamers, and then refused to port him. You should have done the same.

Lev_Mer
06-08-2015, 01:10 AM
boner... acheived

in·dig·na·tion
ˌindiɡˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair treatment

strange guild name even as strange guild names go

Pookieson
06-08-2015, 01:46 AM
boner... acheived

in·dig·na·tion
ˌindiɡˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair treatment

strange guild name even as strange guild names go

interesting indeed. indig is by far one of the most well respected(especially i the raid scene) guilds.

Clark
06-08-2015, 02:17 AM

lol

theaetatus
06-08-2015, 03:04 AM
interesting indeed. indig is by far one of the most well respected(especially i the raid scene) guilds.

I wouldn't go that far. They are renowned for this sort of behaviour.

Pookieson
06-08-2015, 03:26 AM
Ive personally never heard a negative thing.

jpetrick
06-08-2015, 04:50 AM
Shut it down boys. Guild goal complete. We won the coveted scumbags of the year.

Crecentia
06-08-2015, 06:38 AM

Nope, second port up asked him if he was ready. Told me to loot as fast as possible then port out. Died.

Third port up, he dragged my corpse to another area and tried another port up. Divinity was there.

He did try to help out with the drag, but no I did not blindly port up twice. Anyway, on average 57 platinum is pretty bad for a plane port. I was trying to help him out by waiting for him to grab the book since he didn't have a WC cap.

I had a couple of options, log out and wait for someone to hit hate. Or I could have thrown a together a group to kill what killed me. I made the questionable decision of trying to help this guy not be stuck in hate for an hour or longer. My bad.

Whats done is done, this is my first porting toon and I've learned a valuable lesson through this experience.

paulgiamatti
06-08-2015, 07:02 AM
I do solo book runs quite often; always supply the stone + 200p, and explain very clearly that they need to gate immediately after they zone without any hesitation. The book, by the way, is a small fraction of the Ragebringer quest.

Sky ports shouldn't cost that much because there's no risk, although it does strip your buffs and you have to jump into East Freeport to get out. I'd say 100p on top of the Sky stone is fair.

paulgiamatti
06-08-2015, 07:08 AM
One time a rogue asked me to port him up to hate, and said he would pay for the stone. The first thing I did was tell him I had to move a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap to my wizard in case I got agro after zoning up. Then I asked him what his plan was for getting past the Spite Golems which see thru sneak. He had no answer. Then I asked him what his plan was for getting out of hate if I had to cap out of there. He had no cap and didn't have any plan. I told him that the outcomes of 99.9% of everquest engagements were predictable to knowledgable gamers, and then refused to port him. You should have done the same.

Caps are wise, but in all the port ups I've paid for every wizard has escaped unscathed by simply casting gate. You just have to be ready to do it the instant you're done zoning.

Nothing can see through sneak. However, there is a small chance for any mob in Hate to see through hide.

Pookieson
06-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Shut it down boys. Guild goal complete. We won the coveted scumbags of the year.

High fives all around

Cecily
06-08-2015, 08:25 AM
The book, by the way, is a small fraction of the Ragebringer quest.

Was my biggest bottleneck getting epic on red. Pain to get someone with a book to MQ when you're fighting for a contested Yendar spawn.

Kowalski
06-08-2015, 08:26 AM
...and the year is only half-way through. We really need to kick up the scumbagedness if we have any hopes of reaching true douche greatness.

paulgiamatti
06-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Was my biggest bottleneck getting epic on red. Pain to get someone with a book to MQ when you're fighting for a contested Yendar spawn.

Complete opposite for me, though I always make sure I have one banked before I start the quest. Parchments have given me ten times the headache that the book has.

bktroost
06-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Complete opposite for me, though I always make sure I have one banked before I start the quest. Parchments have given me ten times the headache that the book has.

"On red"

Harmonicdeth
06-08-2015, 08:20 PM
One of the earliest groups i remember doing on p99 was with Harmon and Hermon...I thought they might have been two boxers cause of the names lol

Totally not 2 boxing with this guy...I have said stuff to him before to no reply...dude has 0 personality.

Lojik
06-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Totally not 2 boxing with this guy...I have said stuff to him before to no reply...dude has 0 personality.

Haha I know, just wondered what the odds were on being grouped with people whose names were so simliar

Harmonicdeth
06-08-2015, 09:45 PM
I have the better name IMO.... but yeah it is weird when I see that dude. Giving the H_rmon's a bad wrap.

Waedawen
06-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Cecily, give me the info to your defunct TMO characters

Cecily
06-10-2015, 05:12 AM
I would, but who would want a BIS rogue, epic ranger, and epic druid account?

Shinko
06-10-2015, 04:01 PM
sadddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Faited
06-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Nope, second port up asked him if he was ready. Told me to loot as fast as possible then port out. Died.

Third port up, he dragged my corpse to another area and tried another port up. Divinity was there.

He did try to help out with the drag, but no I did not blindly port up twice. Anyway, on average 57 platinum is pretty bad for a plane port. I was trying to help him out by waiting for him to grab the book since he didn't have a WC cap.

I had a couple of options, log out and wait for someone to hit hate. Or I could have thrown a together a group to kill what killed me. I made the questionable decision of trying to help this guy not be stuck in hate for an hour or longer. My bad.

Whats done is done, this is my first porting toon and I've learned a valuable lesson through this experience.

Indignation has a great reputation on this server. Has since its inception.

The RIGHT thing to do would've been for the rogue to pay the wizard for all the stones used & the rez + the tip. Regardless of who's fault the deaths were, especially considering the rogue had no wc cap & the wizard stayed to help the rogue port out. I sure hope this has happened. Otherwise, I won't be a happy Indig member cuz that's not how we operate.

Pookieson
06-11-2015, 01:09 AM

The RIGHT thing to do would've been for the rogue to pay the wizard for all the stones used & the rez + the tip. Regardless of who's fault the deaths were, especially considering the rogue had no wc cap & the wizard stayed to help the rogue port out. I sure hope this has happened. Otherwise, I won't be a happy Indig member cuz that's not how we operate.

no balls.

CharlesBarkley
06-11-2015, 08:12 AM

I'm going to knock the textbooks out of your hands you little fuckin geek

Swish
06-11-2015, 08:40 AM

Not on a blue server you're not.

Pookieson
06-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Not on a blue server you're not.

/duel bro.

are guild wars possible on blue? ide be down for some casual pvp.

ive also debated starting a fight club, have like wednesday nights in FP arena or something. i think a lot of people would show up just to flex their veiny raid gear peens.

FatMice
06-11-2015, 10:33 AM
/duel bro.

are guild wars possible on blue? ide be down for some casual pvp.

ive also debated starting a fight club, have like wednesday nights in FP arena or something. i think a lot of people would show up just to flex their veiny raid gear peens.

Pookie lets do it. I'll destroy you and then raise your kids as mine.

Ella`Ella
06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
I would, but who would want a BIS rogue, epic ranger, and epic druid account?

Hopefully that rogue isn't a wood-elf that can't wear a PD robe!

Cecily
06-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Sigh..

http://i.imgur.com/9pNOhgs.png

Pookieson
06-11-2015, 12:02 PM

when you bring it you better get your mouth all spitty

FatMice
06-11-2015, 12:08 PM

when you bring it you better get your mouth all spitty

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3419Jr9eFQM/UxUYwT75osI/AAAAAAAAGIg/jWcnWnvwG6w/s1600/Gladiator.gif

Waedawen
06-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Oh...

Oh how unfortunate...

Faited
06-11-2015, 10:48 PM
no balls.

Cuz they already in yo mouth!

Faited
06-11-2015, 10:48 PM

Barkley aint even got the coordination to swing a golf club straight much less the epic feat that would be knocking something out of a moving target's hand. Puleeeeaze.

Pookieson
06-12-2015, 05:18 AM
Cuz they already in yo mouth!

i keel you

Rayzor84
06-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Sigh..

http://i.imgur.com/9pNOhgs.png

Man I'm definitely rolling ranger after my monk and exp penalty. Iksar penalty is enough for me atm