PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Spell Research for Iksar Necros

rittmeister
05-30-2015, 04:24 AM
So the guy in the Cabilis Necro guild told me I need a "Concordance of Research" to train making Spells. But they don't sell any. The only person who has them is some Dark Elf Gipsy in Oasis.
So, I figured, this might make sense to get.
Walked to Overthere at Level 20. Failed to get on the Boat 2 times, finally managed it.
Ca. 2 hours wasted.
Since the DE takes Greater Lightstones, I went to Western Commonlands, got a bunch of Greater and Normal Lightstones, went back to Oasis.
Another 2 hours wasted.
Hailed the DE Smith Tv'Something. All she said is: "I don't talk to slime, get back to your sewer."
WTF? This is the only damn way to get an essential tool. Do I have to level to 50 to kill some mob who drops a DE Illusion for me in order to get an essential Tradeskill Container for level 20? I don't think I can sneak, hide, or make a handstand to make her happy to talk to me.

Does somebody know how to make her take my Lightstones and return the Research Items + Neriak Faction?

rittmeister
05-30-2015, 04:29 AM
somebody should at least add to the Wiki:
bitch doesn't talk to Iksar Necros.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Evil_Research

Madbad
05-30-2015, 04:35 AM
Share wolf form from a druid might work. Or you could just have someone do the turn in and give you the book. Gotta make some friends!

Also I didn't train up with practice, I just leveled up a bit and dumped skill points into research.

It always seemed really annoying to farm the practice runes.

Either way, you have to buy a different book to actually make the spells.

If you come to realize you have just wasted 6-hours or more running across Norrath, just remember that EverQuest hates you,

rittmeister
05-30-2015, 04:40 AM
so the whole research training is just BS?
better level research by paying the trainer?
I was hoping to get some Neriak Faction as well for the turn-ins, so I could maybe bank there some time.

derpcake
05-30-2015, 04:59 AM
Transfer some shit to an alt, buy book, transfer book.

Pretty risky since its like 12pp, but can't win without risk right.

Champion_Standing
05-30-2015, 05:24 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine

Maybe you can figure out how to do that, should raise your faction with dem bitches.

rittmeister
05-30-2015, 06:39 AM
I read the wine bottle thing. 450 bottles to get dubious. In frikkin Neriak where they can see through invisibility and slaughter me before I get there unless I hire a level 50-60 guy to clear the way. And it wont even work probably - according to the Wiki the Quest DE in Oasis is on no faction.

The Necro Guildmaster said some thing like "You're a newb, you need to get this item."
So it's ridiculous that Iksar Necros need to make an Alt, or figure out some disguise to get a Tradeskill container that is essential for the class at level 20 or put tons of training points and money into spell-research.
It's just extremely bad gamedesign by Verant. I spent half my evening googling and reading Wikis, Forums, and ZAM pages without finding a decent working solution.
I guess I just auction off my Lightstones and forget it ever happened.

Champion_Standing
05-30-2015, 07:52 AM
pretty sure it will raise your faction with that lady and I know plenty of iksars have done the quest before, never tried myself but im sure someone who has can help you out.

waffel
05-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Yep just forget it happened. This is how it works:
Buy researched spells when you're the level to train them (you're too low to usually find the words yourself + too low for research level to be high enough)
Level up, train research to max, craft lower level research only spells with the words you've found and sell, thus recouping original purchase price.

Llodd
05-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Just buy Book of Dark Bindings in Cab.The guildmaster is trollin you ;p

eqgmrdbz
05-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Wow you wasted so much for nothing, The gypsy in NK will gladly hand you a CoR for a GL, and the Wisps are right there in the zone. Like someone said, it is probably better to level and use points on research, it's what i've been doing.

Faywind
05-30-2015, 09:52 AM

This. lol

rittmeister
05-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Wow you wasted so much for nothing, The gypsy in NK will gladly hand you a CoR for a GL, and the Wisps are right there in the zone. Like someone said, it is probably better to level and use points on research, it's what i've been doing.
you trolling me too? the NK Gypsy is labeled as "good faction NPC". That would make no sense if she gave me the quest but the evil DE doesn't.

rittmeister
05-30-2015, 12:16 PM
I did that. We're talking about a different thing here - Concordance of Research.

Glenzig
05-30-2015, 12:22 PM
you trolling me too? the NK Gypsy is labeled as "good faction NPC". That would make no sense if she gave me the quest but the evil DE doesn't.

I thought that the gypsy's were beta neutral? Untrue?

bktroost
05-30-2015, 01:12 PM
gypsy's are always neutral.

Magifyre
05-30-2015, 01:37 PM
You can definitely do necro iksar research from the book of dark bindings you can buy in cabilis.

Llodd
05-30-2015, 01:44 PM
I did that. We're talking about a different thing here - Concordance of Research.

It does the same thing.

jarshale
05-30-2015, 04:41 PM
You can buy a research book in Cab. At least you got an adventure out of it.

Tiggles
05-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Roll red IMO.

Aadill
05-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Crowdsourced information on the internet is sometimes wrong.

Credge
05-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Crowdsourced information on the internet is sometimes wrong.

Everyone that has posted so far is wrong.

Research isn't a thing in EQ.

katrik
05-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah. Really the easiest way to go about spell research is to pour every training point you can into it.

Llodd
05-31-2015, 05:55 AM
That's weird. ~I put spell components into a CoR and BAM it often makes a spell.
~I put spell components into a BoDB and BAM is often makes a spell.

B4EQWASCOOL
05-31-2015, 06:12 AM
I put spell components on a vendor and BAM coins every time!

Roll red IMO.

Has my vote for best comment.