PDA

View Full Version : How do you explain p1999 raiding IRL to non gamers?

Kennie
05-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Family, friends, coworkers. How do you explain this crazy environment to computer deficient individuals?

rictus204
05-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Family, friends, coworkers.

what the fuck are those? do they drop good loot?

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Why would I ever talk to someone who doesn't play MOMs about p99.

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Mom's lul

Skydash
05-26-2015, 04:11 PM
Family, friends, coworkers. How do you explain this crazy environment to computer deficient individuals?

You forgot Therapist.

LoliPops
05-26-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.goodmeme.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/hwHXM3c.jpg

Portasaurus
05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
I explained the word "poopsock" to an outsider one time, and we both got a great laugh out of it.

This guy also could not believe that guys use the internet to watch other guys play video games. The more I think about it, I guess I can't believe that either.

I feel like playing p99 is like having a gay midget tranny brony dad who you love very much, but would just rather the rest of the world not really know about for deeply personal reasons.

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:54 PM
I explained the word "poopsock" to an outsider one time, and we both got a great laugh out of it.

This guy also could not believe that guys use the internet to watch other guys play video games. The more I think about it, I guess I can't believe that either.

I feel like playing p99 is like having a gay midget tranny brony dad who you love very much, but would just rather the rest of the world not really know about for deeply personal reasons.

I don't get why people have a hard time understanding streaming. I mean why do people sit around watching other people play sports? Or why do they use a radio just to listen to other people talk? I don't really watch streams but I get why people do, it's like the modern nerds variety/talk show.

nyclin
05-26-2015, 04:56 PM
p99 is like having a gay midget tranny brony dad who you love very much, but would just rather the rest of the world not really know about for deeply personal reasons.

myriverse
05-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Pretty sure Big Bang Theory already explained it enough for the masses.

Kennie
05-26-2015, 07:37 PM
^ this is not a relevant response to the initial question unless if you are ever asked about p1999 you respond with "watch big bang theory"

LoliPops
05-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Fuck outs here with that shit tier plebeian entertainment progamme

Clark
05-26-2015, 07:49 PM
What language is that LoliPops?

Lev_Mer
05-26-2015, 08:44 PM
use the word Neckbeard and the gateway will open. they will google it.

Pint
05-26-2015, 08:52 PM
what the fuck are those? do they drop good loot?

thieros
05-26-2015, 09:02 PM
i treat p99 like a closeted gay man treats his sexuality

Madbad
05-26-2015, 09:41 PM
i treat p99 like a closeted gay man treats his sexuality

katrik
05-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Yeeeahhh. It's like being a fan of the band "Creed" or "Enya." You don't tell people.

Deadmantis
05-26-2015, 09:49 PM

A friend of mine, who isn't an avid gamer, was telling me that his 11 year old son watches videos of other people playing video games, when he isn't playing video games. He asked me if this was normal. I wasn't sure what to tell him, just that it's pretty popular right now. There are videos of gaming walkthroughs, raid guides, and streams of other people just playing. Many asking for you to like their videos and subscribe to their channel.

He then asked me if I watch other people play video games on the internet. Well, it sure kills time at work. ;)

HeallunRumblebelly
05-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Yeeeahhh. It's like being a fan of the band "Creed" or "Enya." You don't tell people.

...but I like Enya :|

Madbad
05-26-2015, 11:02 PM

Pokesan
05-26-2015, 11:31 PM
A friend of mine, who isn't an avid gamer, was telling me that his 11 year old son watches videos of other people playing video games, when he isn't playing video games. He asked me if this was normal. I wasn't sure what to tell him, just that it's pretty popular right now. There are videos of gaming walkthroughs, raid guides, and streams of other people just playing. Many asking for you to like their videos and subscribe to their channel.

He then asked me if I watch other people play video games on the internet. Well, it sure kills time at work. ;)

watching speedruns is good, watching let's plays is bad:)

LoliPops
05-26-2015, 11:40 PM
Speedruns are neat. Sometimes it's more entertaining to watch someone play a game also.

Erica
05-27-2015, 12:08 AM

You sit there for hours and hours and hours and hours while doing nothing, or sleep but be ready to be woken up and quickly log in at any hour of the night... then you run to the encounter and over half the time you'll get nothing.

If you are lucky, you will only get interrupted while not on the game but most likely still busy and need to quickly get online and rush to an encounter where again you are not guaranteed to get anything.

You need to do this for months before you can start getting any good loot since you need this thing called DKP which is sort of like a currency for raid loot.

Want to play!?

sanforce0001
05-27-2015, 12:41 AM
"You wouldn't understand"

Whirled
05-27-2015, 06:45 AM

You sit there for hours and hours and hours and hours while doing nothing, or sleep but be ready to be woken up and quickly log in at any hour of the night... then you run to the encounter and over half the time you'll get nothing.

If you are lucky, you will only get interrupted while not on the game but most likely still busy and need to quickly get online and rush to an encounter where again you are not guaranteed to get anything.

You need to do this for months before you can start getting any good loot since you need this thing called DKP which is sort of like a currency for raid loot.

Want to play!?

^ ... and then we wonder why they say, "no thanks!" :confused:

Visual
05-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Heaven

Big_Japan
05-27-2015, 09:48 AM
I don't really watch streams but I get why people do, it's like the modern nerds variety/talk show.

back in my day you needed tits to camwhore. I get why it's blowing up, but it is cancerous as fuck

come on dude, behave like an adult at work. People are judging you.