PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Camps

ECDubz
05-26-2015, 07:40 AM
So this is the third morning in a row that ive tried logging into P99 to get some early morning grinding in before work. Every time i have some duo or solo guy come steal kills from my camp and then explaining why its not my camp and i can only claim one spire at a time (South Karana Splitpaw Spires).

This morning I was the first there so i decided to claim two spires because another guy was camping one spire and the hill. So i was cool with it and took the other 2 which was fine by me I can solo it easily. Well this druid and wizard duo comes in and starts taking kills from the main spire i claimed and i explained to them hey I am claiming two spires i understand the misunderstanding but this is my camp. Once i explained to them they go on to tell me, no its not my camp and I cant claim it because they are there and that my only spire im allowed to have was the smaller one. I told them to call a GM but decided to let them have the camp because it wasnt worth the hassle for an early morning grind.

Can someone please dissect the above and tell me if i was in the wrong and I cant claim a camp in P99? Im just kind of frustrated that this same situation has happened about 3 times already and its getting on my nerves.

Whirled
05-26-2015, 11:47 AM
So this is the third morning in a row that ive tried logging into P99 to get some early morning grinding in before work. Every time i have some duo or solo guy come steal kills from my camp and then explaining why its not my camp and i can only claim one spire at a time (South Karana Splitpaw Spires).

This morning I was the first there so i decided to claim two spires because another guy was camping one spire and the hill. So i was cool with it and took the other 2 which was fine by me I can solo it easily. Well this druid and wizard duo comes in and starts taking kills from the main spire i claimed and i explained to them hey I am claiming two spires i understand the misunderstanding but this is my camp. Once i explained to them they go on to tell me, no its not my camp and I cant claim it because they are there and that my only spire im allowed to have was the smaller one. I told them to call a GM but decided to let them have the camp because it wasnt worth the hassle for an early morning grind.

Can someone please dissect the above and tell me if i was in the wrong and I cant claim a camp in P99? Im just kind of frustrated that this same situation has happened about 3 times already and its getting on my nerves.

Who were these culprits?
or
?watlady.gif

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Sounds like you were playing project 1999.

If you aren't right on top of the spawn ready to kill it the second it spawns you don't have the camp. Just gotta accept the fact that you can be lawyerquested out of pretty much every camp if you aren't able to do that.

MEGANS LAW
05-26-2015, 11:56 AM
u wanna come to red dog? u aint gotta put up with this shit on red dog.

Jaxon
05-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Yeah if you're tired of getting your car broken into in the suburbs, you can solve that problem by moving to the inner city ghetto where they shoot you dead instead.

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Yeah if you're tired of getting your car broken into in the suburbs, you can solve that problem by moving to the inner city ghetto where they shoot you dead instead.

Would be more appropriate to compare red to a rural town where nobody even knows your car exists in OPs situation.

Honestly on red it would have been way more likely that the guys would have just invited him because more members = more exp.

LoliPops
05-26-2015, 12:27 PM
http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2014/03/JULES/Leonardo_DiCaprio/timeless-leo-dicaprio-django-unchained.gif

DeathWalking
05-26-2015, 12:32 PM

What my friend here is trying to say, is consider some cultural enrichment in the form of gang violence.

Cecily
05-26-2015, 01:07 PM

I would see a doctor. I'm pretty sure you're pregnant.

Cazlo
05-26-2015, 01:26 PM
What lvl/class are you? When I was leveling up I attempted to quad at the gnoll spires a few times and ended up moving on to greener pastures because that place is perma camped and hotly contested even in the dead hours of the night. Try giant skeletons in Rathe mountains.

Thana8088
05-26-2015, 01:38 PM
As it was explained to me by a GM who was settling a stables dispute in CoM, there are no camps in outdoor zones. =/

Cecily
05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Ambrotos isn't a real GM.

Cecily
05-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Also, if it makes you feel better, Butchh and I took our alts to KS the shit out of a different Taken group in CoM that night, in your honor.

Samaritan
05-26-2015, 01:41 PM
u wanna come to red dog? u aint gotta put up with this shit on red dog.

dis

fishingme
05-26-2015, 01:54 PM
As it was explained to me by a GM who was settling a stables dispute in CoM, there are no camps in outdoor zones. =/

Bull shit. I swear, the more and more I read about crap like this the more it ticks me off.

Cecily
05-26-2015, 02:18 PM
His actual ruling was you couldn't camp roaming mobs in outdoor zones, only statics. But it was fun to make him come back and regulate on my friend and I enforcing the "no camps in outdoor zones" ruling on the guild that kicked Cat out of stables earlier.

Swish
05-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Honestly on red it would have been way more likely that the guys would have just invited him because more members = more exp.

rollin5k
05-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Have to be on the exact spawn loc when it spawns with your zipper down or it doesn't count

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Rules always been that you can camp outdoor mobs if you are on it's spawn and ready to kill as soon as it spawns. However a .5 second delay could be considered you not being ready to take the kill. My favorite was a thread about a guy who got his Hadden ksed and in his explanation he admitted that he was watching TV while he was at the camp and the GM ruled that he was distracted therefore not ready to take the kill and it was not a KS. Lol'd fuckin hard at that one.

Osyruz
05-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Players are subject to these supplementary rules while playing on Project 1999. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts on Project 1999, it provides a suitable foundation by which the player can determine what activities are appropriate:

1. You may not steal kills.

Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of an NPC for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group that is prepared to engage that same NPC without that group's specific permission.

The intent of this rule is discourage and make note of habitual Kill Stealers, not to punish those who honestly try to work together or those who make an honest mistake. Its enforcement by the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will reflect this philosophy.

2. You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns.

There are cases where two or more groups wish to kill the same NPC or hunt in the same area. In these cases, the groups are required to compromise.

If an equitable compromise cannot be reached between the players prior to Project 1999 Customer Service Staff involvement, the P99CSR will mandate a compromise. Any such compromise is final and not open to debate. Refusing to abide by these terms will be considered disruption and may result in disciplinary action.

It is therefore strongly suggested that the groups make every attempt to reach a compromise that they can live with prior to involving a P99CSR, who may mandate a compromise that does not suit you to the extent that a player-devised compromise would.

Note: A "group" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal.

Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes a camp. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possbily a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. It should also be noted that if you camp out or leave the zone, you have forfeited a camp. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.

It is against the rules to "afk camp" any npc or groups of NPC's by placing a pet nearby and letting it kill while you are away from your computer. Any other form of "afk camping/xping" is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action (character de-leveling by deathloop is a popular punishment).

Osyruz
05-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Or you can just go look at the rules and prevent yourselves from looking stupid.

Glenzig
05-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Honestly, I would just keep killing everything you can. If you are killing it in a reasonable amount of time you own it.

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Or you can just go look at the rules and prevent yourselves from looking stupid.

But u looked and the rules and still look stupid...

Wut now?

Osyruz
05-26-2015, 04:17 PM
But u looked and the rules and still look stupid...

Wut now?

This whole sentence makes you look stupid.

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:19 PM
This whole sentence makes you look stupid.

Calm down bro it's just the internet.

Osyruz
05-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Calm down bro it's just the internet.

I'm not your bro, pal.

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm not your bro, pal.

I'm not your pal, bro

Osyruz
05-26-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm not your pal, bro

LOL, I don't know you, but I think I'm in love.

Whirled
05-26-2015, 04:29 PM
http://cnt.winkal.com/514187c5e4b0ef7155e159c1/XYCA_700.jpg

Portasaurus
05-26-2015, 04:36 PM
smells like meat in here

Champion_Standing
05-26-2015, 04:40 PM
LOL, I don't know you, but I think I'm in love.

Lmao

I can dig it.

Glenzig
05-27-2015, 10:04 AM
smells like meat in here

The meat is rotten kids. Dont eat the meat!

cormag
05-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Sounds like you were playing project 1999.

If you aren't right on top of the spawn ready to kill it the second it spawns you don't have the camp. Just gotta accept the fact that you can be lawyerquested out of pretty much every camp if you aren't able to do that.

A guy in Highkeep just now explained to me that making "rounds" is a thing, in regard to the nobles. I logged in on one floor in the room with a noble, no one is there so I kill it.

Two more spawns pass and some monk shows up in my room saying nobles are camped, ALL nobles on both floors and he is making rounds.

Kayso
05-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Also, if it makes you feel better, Butchh and I took our alts to KS the shit out of a different Taken group in CoM that night, in your honor.

His actual ruling was you couldn't camp roaming mobs in outdoor zones, only statics. But it was fun to make him come back and regulate on my friend and I enforcing the "no camps in outdoor zones" ruling on the guild that kicked Cat out of stables earlier.

You obviously have no respect for Taken's casual, friendly, and non-competitive play style.

The obvious solution would be some sort of separation where the fine folks in Taken would be able to exp in zones and bully lesser experienced and lesser geared players while being protected from their true peers.

Why do you feel the need to enforce your play style on them?

BulletCatcher
05-28-2015, 03:35 PM
A guy in Highkeep just now explained to me that making "rounds" is a thing, in regard to the nobles. I logged in on one floor in the room with a noble, no one is there so I kill it.

Two more spawns pass and some monk shows up in my room saying nobles are camped, ALL nobles on both floors and he is making rounds.

This legit? Does this fall under the 2 camps rule(s)? Would seem to me that the monk wsant there in time to kill the PH or mob, and you were. you win i think.

Champion_Standing
05-28-2015, 03:57 PM

No not legit, if he is not present and holding the camp he does not have it, if it pops while he is making his rounds you would not be ksing if you took it.

Rararboker
05-28-2015, 04:57 PM
No not legit, if he is not present and holding the camp he does not have it, if it pops while he is making his rounds you would not be ksing if you took it.

To expand on this, he was bullshitting you in hopes you didn't know the rules.

jarshale
05-28-2015, 05:05 PM
To expand on this, he was bullshitting you in hopes you didn't know the rules.

Judging from the OP, seems like it worked too.

DeathWalking
05-28-2015, 08:36 PM
The meat is rotten kids. Dont eat the meat!

i wanna meet that dad

Clark
05-28-2015, 09:16 PM
http://cnt.winkal.com/514187c5e4b0ef7155e159c1/XYCA_700.jpg

lol

DeathWalking
05-28-2015, 11:23 PM
You obviously have no respect for Taken's casual, friendly, and non-competitive play style.

The obvious solution would be some sort of separation where the fine folks in Taken would be able to exp in zones and bully lesser experienced and lesser geared players while being protected from their true peers.

Why do you feel the need to enforce your play style on them?

clearly cecily is a feminist. everyone should think and play like him/her/them/those/it, however she identifies. personally, i identify as an attack helocopter trineutral trans-double-pre-op sexual

Madbad
05-28-2015, 11:45 PM
I read it as "early morning cramps"

I'm disappointed