PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of Server Rules

Deathmask
10-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I had a random guy cuss (at) me in caps and threaten me, so I put him on ignore and petitioned him. There was no conversation with this character prior to the whisper.

Apparently this petition just made Uthgaar annoyed more than anything.
Kaiser: "No play nice policy? :P"
Uthgaar: "there is a dont annoy the developers policy"

Wenai "- Please try and follow the “Play Nice Policy” rule set."
"DO NOT harass people."
"there is a difference between cursing and cursing at someone"

I understand Uthgaard sometimes feels that he is working at the complaint desk and is not in the best of mood at all times.

I am also under the impression that he purchased this server so Wenai's post might not specifically apply to Uthgaard. However I was wondering if I could get some clarification of server rules. Thank you

audacity
10-17-2010, 12:15 AM
You coulda just put this guy on ignore and not made this post. I doubt you will get any sympothy from any of the devs, I'd be surprised if they even replied hehe...

Swishahouse
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I fail to see the point of this.

Taluvill
10-17-2010, 12:50 AM
If Uth bought the server, Nilbog is gone?

Highly doubt that.

Deathmask
10-17-2010, 12:56 AM
I am a fairly new player and I am just asking for clarification of server rules. Nothing more, nothing less.

audacity
10-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Ah well, You can find those rules I'm sure in the "Library" forum.

Deathmask
10-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I already quoted Wenai from the "Server Rule" section of the forum. I appreciate your attempt at helping me.

Naynay
10-17-2010, 01:20 AM
You seem like a smart a$$ maybe you deserved to get treated the way you did.

Deathmask
10-17-2010, 01:24 AM
? I'm not trying to get in an argument with anyone on the forums, I don't understand what the hostility is about

zianlo1
10-17-2010, 01:25 AM
You seem like a smart a$$ maybe you deserved to get treated the way you did.

Maybe you smartasses should read the op a little bit closer??? He stated why he made the post; basically asking "why is there a fucking pnp in place when a petition to the devs, guides, gm's does nothing to enforce the rules?" Thats what he said. I still stand by my pre-suspension stance of fuck you nazi mods, gms, and guides.

Rogean, youre still cool, but youre letting jack-fucks ruin your product.

Naynay
10-17-2010, 01:26 AM
this game is free, they owe you nothing

Kich
10-17-2010, 01:55 AM
this game is free, they owe you nothing

Right, that's cool and all or whatever. But they may want to think about updating the rules if there are certain ones they deem unnecessary and within player control.

If there is what is supposed to be a rule amongst a set of rules that is not enforced, then clearly it's not really a rule. Which is ironic, since it's the only rule that's actually mentioned twice in the set--implying it's rather important. It's also one of the handful that can result in a ban.

Furthermore, it's emphasized at the end of the post that the rules are mandatory and are not to be fucked with--albeit they can do what they want to them.

The OP's question is valid: apply this post to any other rule. If people were using third party tools and boxing within the current rule set, would you prefer those issues be dismissed so easily? Keep in mind that the Play Nice "Policy" is just that, a policy, it's not a suggestion. Rules aren't suggestions, they're laws to follow. One would think it wouldn't be that hard to follow them, given that they're not very restrictive and quite frankly, exactly--the server is fucking free, don't be a dick.

That's what you can boil down most rules to be: "Don't be a dick please." And to think that someone who is taking advantage of this free service to us can't even follow the "Don't be a dick" rule is mind-boggling. It's not that hard to shoot a tell to the guy and be like "Ay, stop being a dick or I'll ban you. Ok?" Problem solved. If it's not, ban him.

Yam
10-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Someone said something rude to you, you ignored them. If he doesn't keep making alts to bug you is there really a need to go to the GMs about it?

No.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Someone said something rude to you, you ignored them. If he doesn't keep making alts to bug you is there really a need to go to the GMs about it?

No.

I think this is main reason Gm's get annoyed. When dealing with every other everyday problem, thing's that can be resolved simply by a /ignore Tokum get under there skin....

I do agree that there needs to be a little more clarification of the "current" server rules that are or are not being enforced, but that being said I'd prefer it waited till after there done getting Kunark out 8)

And Kaiser is good people and his post was done correctly, he's just asking for clarification, no need for anyone to start flaming him :x

Badmartigan
10-17-2010, 02:55 AM
I think this is main reason Gm's get annoyed. When dealing with every other everyday problem, thing's that can be resolved simply by a /ignore Tokum get under there skin....

I do agree that there needs to be a little more clarification of the "current" server rules that are or are not being enforced, but that being said I'd prefer it waited till after there done getting Kunark out 8)

And Kaiser is good people and his post was done correctly, he's just asking for clarification, no need for anyone to start flaming him :x

exactly.. just ignore... what else do you want.. dude to be banned for swearing ? sorry...

Uthgaard
10-17-2010, 03:01 AM
So you made a fool of yourself in your last rant (about the exact same issue) and got nowhere, so you decided to troll me instead. I can promise you, this isn't going to go any better for you.

You can't get along with anyone, that's not my problem. You having nothing better to do with yourself than run around starting problems and looking for ways to feel victimized does not require me to fart sideways to relieve your gas pains.

I'm not going to tell people to not say things that you don't like to hear. I leave myself available to handle server issues when they occur, not babysit you when you cause a big stink and cant handle the backlash. You cropped quite a bit out of that conversation, including this most important piece of wisdom:

You have an ignore list, you're expected to use it.

Kich
10-17-2010, 03:02 AM
exactly.. just ignore... what else do you want.. dude to be banned for swearing ? sorry...

Keep in mind that the OP was threatened. This wasn't some guy who happened to say "fuck" in the middle of a sentence, he was harassing the OP.

To reiterate the OP: "DO NOT harass people." -- This is an offense that can result in a ban so long as the harassment continues past the warning the GM makes to the offender. But if no such warning system exists..

The alternative, given that the OP didn't post what was actually said to him, is that what was said to him was actually quite mild and not actually threatening and the OP took it to an extreme that only someone online could.

EDIT: It appears the latter may be the issue ^_^

Swishahouse
10-17-2010, 03:04 AM
The GMs aren't here to baby sit you. Some guy cursed at you, you used the tools available to stop it - problem solved. You had to go a little above and beyond and because Uthgaard didn't cuddle you, you're all butthurt. Why not just enjoy the game for what it is? (read: free) Furthermore, you make totally unfounded claims that Uthgaard "bought" the server with zero factual basis? You even admitted to checking the rules before posting and they seem fairly concise, imo. I'm surprised you didn't say it also ruined time with your "wife" because that is usually the way these threads end up going.....

Bottom Line:

You will encounter cool people here. You will encounter dicks here. You will waste your life. You will hate this game. You will have the best time you've ever had in an MMO if you just go with it and don't get mad, brew! But should you let the butthurt take over your system and ragequit because what some guy's pixels did to your oculars or what some asshole spouted off on the Rogean Uthboards allow me to suggest an alternative alternate universe you may do better in.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/giles/tech_crunch_052208/penis_unicorn.jpg

Rogean
10-17-2010, 03:06 AM
I am also under the impression that he purchased this server

Wait, what?

Uthgaard
10-17-2010, 03:07 AM
He wasn't threatened by anyone. In case you all missed this piece of work, here he is in all his childish glory:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19261

Now if you're all done henpecking something you know a total of jack and shit about, I've got work to do, for all of you whiny entitled bitches to enjoy.

jetviper21
10-17-2010, 03:13 AM
i don't even think the OP was in readable english

Rogean
10-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Anyways, heres my take.

If someone is sending you tells, you can ignore them. Don't waste our time with that.

If there's a player being obnoxious or spamming in public channels (ooc, shout, auction), then petition them saying so.

We have no way of seeing the tells to your client. They aren't logged, and we don't read /reports, so we can't verify it anyways. Ignore is there for a reason.

Deathmask
10-17-2010, 03:26 AM
"You have an ignore list, you're expected to use it." I believe I told you during that conversation that he already was on ignore Uthgaard.

"You can't get along with anyone" Actually I have a lot more friends than enemies. I was talking to about 7 people right before you suspended me.

One conversation I had was my friend laughing "Lol they won't ban you for the thread". Well you were wrong buddy. lllYeah my corpse is gonna rot with the cash on it, but don't blame yourself. Shit happens bro.lll

Could someone please tell Chic/Sitback/Wizzlor one of them that I was suspended and won't be able to return to tank? We had a really good xp group going I'm really sorry they are probably waiting on me.

Lazortag
10-17-2010, 03:30 AM
I would like to clarify something for the benefit of everyone. I read the original thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19261) while I was logged on and I then spoke to Clamydia about it, who of course reaffirmed that Deathmask was actually just stretching the truth so that the story of him being a horrible player who was rightly ridiculed by his group members, was instead replaced with the fiction that his group members were "douchebags" who failed to communicate properly with him.

When I found out who he was in game I sent him [obviously facetious] tells in all caps using gangsta lingo (which of course I am well versed in, being from the streets and all) saying he shouldn't have dissed LifeAlert on the forums, etc, etc. In reality he never really "dissed" LifeAlert (only a member thereof and I didn't exactly take it personally) so it was pretty clear this was all facetious and not serious etc. He actually played along too, so to suggest he felt threatened is kind of silly.

A couple of things to clarify. First, no one ever "threatened" him. Secondly, Uthgaard didn't just ignore the petition - he spoke to me almost immediately after, asking me why I was harassing a player over an issue I had no involvement in. I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned, even by Uthgaard. The fact that he thought the petition was silly and told Deathmask that he could have just resolved the issue himself doesn't imply that he was unwilling to act on the petition. So I think Uthgaard did pretty much everything he was supposed to do, and I think most of you would agree.

Now, surely anyone who had even one iota of sympathy for the OP probably thinks I am very immature. And it's true, I am immature, otherwise I wouldn't find it funny to troll people I've never met before. I'm not coming here to further ridicule "Deathmask" (he does that well enough). I just came here to inform you all of the complete truth of the situation so that you can be even more aware of how little it matters and how much the poster in question is attention-whoring. And if you've somehow reached the opposite conclusion (that he was justified in wetting himself over some harmless trolling, or that Uthgaard was in the wrong), then at least you can back up your conclusion with all of the facts.

Lazortag
10-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Also here's the relevant section of the rules:

- DO NOT use racist remarks. DO NOT harass people. Limit your use of profanity, especially in public channels. Remember there is a difference between cursing and cursing at someone. You will receive warning, and if you still refuse to cooperate, you will be banned.

Assuming I violated these rules (which I don't even think I did), the correct procedure was followed. Uthgaard warned me, I cooperated, and thus I was not banned. /Thread.

Rogean
10-17-2010, 03:57 AM
/Thread.