PDA

View Full Version : Qutting my job to play EQ full time

Champion_Standing
05-21-2015, 01:01 PM
With the new progression server and Velious coming out soon I just can't justify working a full time job anymore, it is cutting far too deeply into my EQ playtime and my immersion levels are the lowest they have been in years. Today I am putting in my two weeks and will become a full time EQ player. So I just have some questions for the other full timers around here.

What do you tell unemployment so you still get a check when you didn't get laid off and aren't actually looking for work? I know here they want you to submit 2-4 contacts you made every month or 2 weeks, like jobs you applied to, interviews etc. Not sure if they ever actually do audits and check that stuff tho.

I obviously won't be getting laid as a full time EQ player so do you guys have any advice on what fleshlight knockoff will give me the biggest bang for my buck? (no pun intended)

Will add more questions as I think of them, thanks in advance guys!

Thulack
05-21-2015, 01:04 PM
I choose to live a simple life and just work 20 hours a week to cover all my expenses so i have tons of free time :)

Itap
05-21-2015, 01:10 PM
I have the perfect job for playing EQ. I work 24 on, 48 off. 48 hours of delicious EverQuest.

Haynar
05-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Just tell people you are in training for Darwin Award tryouts.

Quit that stupid job!

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 01:12 PM
I choose to live a simple life and just work 20 hours a week to cover all my expenses so i have tons of free time :)

this guy has it all figured out

gkmarino
05-21-2015, 01:17 PM
The Game is fun, immersive, lovely, one of my favorites. I don't mind spending 8 hours playing on certain days off and playing 3-4 hours on days that I work. I however would never quit my job to play EQ full time.

This game would get stale so fast and as much as I love EQ and it's classic features, below would be a turn off as a full time player. The clashing of guilds at end game is kind of a turn off as far as serious progression is concerned. I like my serious EQ adventures, but on my terms, which are usually semi-lax.

applesauce25r624
05-21-2015, 02:15 PM
i'm guessing the poopsockers live in flyover states

waffel
05-21-2015, 02:27 PM
champ, you've been trying way too hard as of late. its not really funny, just embarrassing. is attention from random strangers on this forum that meaningful to you?

Champion_Standing
05-21-2015, 02:59 PM
obviously

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 03:10 PM
champ, you've been trying way too hard as of late. its not really funny, just embarrassing.

dont worry, im back

Naprox
05-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Not everyone who plays on P99 is a millennial. Some of us have made enough to retire comfortably and allow us to play all day now.

LoliPops
05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
no gf should be an option

waffel
05-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Not everyone who plays on P99 is a millennial. Some of us have made enough to retire comfortably and allow us to play all day now.

If you made enough to retire... why spend it inside stuck in a computer chair? I'm honestly curious.

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 07:20 PM
If you made enough to retire... why spend it inside stuck in a computer chair? I'm honestly curious.

http://i0.wp.com/www.geekykool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/kermit-frog.png

Archalen
05-21-2015, 09:50 PM
This thread has received Archalen's LOL seal of approval.

Thulack
05-21-2015, 10:25 PM

Not everyone has the same definition of retirement or enjoying themselves. Some people rather sit around the house relaxing not having to worry about anything while others like to go jump out of planes or cruise the world. Its all in the eye of the beholder cause in the end all it is is memories.

Destron
05-21-2015, 10:30 PM
In the end all it is is memories.

Bit dark, but I like it.

iruinedyourday
05-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Not everyone has the same definition of retirement or enjoying themselves. Some people rather sit around the house relaxing not having to worry about anything while others like to go jump out of planes or cruise the world. Its all in the eye of the beholder cause in the end all it is is memories.

you mean at best its memories, not just blackness for eternity :(

iruinedyourday
05-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Altho, if it is blackness for eternity Ill feel less guilty for wasting my life playing EQ and not jumping out of airplanes.

waffel
05-21-2015, 10:52 PM

I get that. But it seems like a huge waste to work hard to retire just so you can sit around and do nothing. What happened to that urge to work hard that led you to retirement? Don't you ever think "man, as a member of society and the human race, I should try to help others with my free time. I should give back to the community in some way."? Or is the top priority every day a video game?

iruinedyourday
05-21-2015, 11:12 PM
I get that. But it seems like a huge waste to work hard to retire just so you can sit around and do nothing. What happened to that urge to work hard that led you to retirement? Don't you ever think "man, as a member of society and the human race, I should try to help others with my free time. I should give back to the community in some way."? Or is the top priority every day a video game?

better than top priority voting republican.

Thulack
05-21-2015, 11:43 PM

No offense but fuck everyone else. I'm in it for me. Only things i can do for my children is pass on the knowledge i've learned over the years. Then its up to them to deal with fucked up society we live in. I hold the door for people, i help people carry shit up their steps. I put in air conditioners for my old neighbors but you are not going to see me out building a house for Habitat for Humanity or anything.

iruinedyourday
05-21-2015, 11:54 PM
lawled at I put in air conditioners for my old neighbors

Clark
05-22-2015, 12:54 AM
http://i0.wp.com/www.geekykool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/kermit-frog.png

lol

Rararboker
05-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Agreed Thulack.

Pookieson
05-22-2015, 04:24 AM
No offense but fuck everyone else. ]

This.

On a serious note, if you arent selfish youre going nowhere in this world. If thats cool with you, so be it. If you are ambitious, then you must be selfish for the most part; gotta look out for number one.

I at one point dropped out of high school to pwn EQ all day. Shit was legit... for like a year. Then i realized how awesome drugs and women were...for like 3 years. Then i realized that instant gratification(EQ, drugs, women, motorcycles, cars, whatever) is only cool for so long. You have to build something. I then pwnd life; ie went to one of the toughest military academies in the country and got a respectable GPA in Physics. I now travel the world working and loving life, but none the less building something as well. Your life should be more than a series of moments of rapture; it should amount to something. Create your legacy.

At least thats what i think, and i work very hard on that almost every day. Having said that, you have to enjoy life too; just in moderation. I play EQ more than a filthy casual, i enjoy reading the forums, i ride motorcycles every day, i get laid a lot(yea, im a mac), and i party with my friends when i can. All in moderation, and never as an end goal.

All that shits cool, but when you get really high and look at yourself in the mirror, and really think about who you are, are you satisfied with how you've lived your life so far, and more importantly, where your going in life?

/Pointless rant off

Blap
05-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Altho, if it is blackness for eternity Ill feel less guilty for wasting my life playing EQ and not jumping out of airplanes.

since we don't know, it's smarter to not take risk and jump out of airplanes :rolleyes:

Blap
05-22-2015, 05:39 AM
This thread has received Archalen's LOL seal of approval.

agree with that seal btw :p

Bilbik
05-22-2015, 07:35 AM
This.

On a serious note, if you arent selfish youre going nowhere in this world. If thats cool with you, so be it. If you are ambitious, then you must be selfish for the most part; gotta look out for number one.

I at one point dropped out of high school to pwn EQ all day. Shit was legit... for like a year. Then i realized how awesome drugs and women were...for like 3 years. Then i realized that instant gratification(EQ, drugs, women, motorcycles, cars, whatever) is only cool for so long. You have to build something. I then pwnd life; ie went to one of the toughest military academies in the country and got a respectable GPA in Physics. I now travel the world working and loving life, but none the less building something as well. Your life should be more than a series of moments of rapture; it should amount to something. Create your legacy.

At least thats what i think, and i work very hard on that almost every day. Having said that, you have to enjoy life too; just in moderation. I play EQ more than a filthy casual, i enjoy reading the forums, i ride motorcycles every day, i get laid a lot(yea, im a mac), and i party with my friends when i can. All in moderation, and never as an end goal.

All that shits cool, but when you get really high and look at yourself in the mirror, and really think about who you are, are you satisfied with how you've lived your life so far, and more importantly, where your going in life?

/Pointless rant off

Whose the original author of this fantasy story?
High school drop out to mysterious military academy with a degree in "Physics" without a high school diploma. Who then uses his "Physics" degree to travel the world having lots of sex and riding motorcycles. r u my African prince too?

LoliPops
05-22-2015, 08:12 AM
^^chortled heartily but you'd be surprised how many of us are playboy millionares that happen to enjoy classic EQ in addition to being awesome IRL

Whirled
05-22-2015, 08:45 AM
https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIw6Mlx2qIcdVzk1ZO4tbFduC0YpoVD OXOuc7EYzU3dWDbcPoD3w

^ :likes to parachute , has lots of money, hmm.. it's starting to add up...^

DeathWalking
05-22-2015, 10:12 AM
hijacker, or simply retired?

Pookieson
05-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Whose the original author of this fantasy story?
High school drop out to mysterious military academy with a degree in "Physics" without a high school diploma. Who then uses his "Physics" degree to travel the world having lots of sex and riding motorcycles. r u my African prince too?

All truth.

I started in community college(i got my GED a year after i had started), proved myself with 3.8 gpa over 2 years, got a letter of recommendation from an alumni and was accepted as a 21 year old freshman. The college is Virginia Military Institute(one of the most difficult acadmies in the world). I currently teach AP Physics in China, and yea, i get butt. I own a Buell M2 Cyclone in California(awaiting my return) and ride a 125cc pit bike here in China. I am however a 6'1" blonde model type(why i slay vagina in china), not African.

And i fucking love me some Everquest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUm10Hm8Gc0

and have another video of me demo'ing P99 with an xbox controller(works great on monk)

DeathWalking
05-22-2015, 02:14 PM
All truth.

I started in community college(i got my GED a year after i had started), proved myself with 3.8 gpa over 2 years, got a letter of recommendation from an alumni and was accepted as a 21 year old freshman. The college is Virginia Military Institute(one of the most difficult acadmies in the world). I currently teach AP Physics in China, and yea, i get butt. I own a Buell M2 Cyclone in California(awaiting my return) and ride a 125cc pit bike here in China. I am however a 6'1" blonde model type(why i slay vagina in china), not African.

and have another video of me demo'ing P99 with an xbox controller(works great on monk)

bottle on desk is in english, you rode a moped through chinatown, and you use luclin graphics.

Utmost
05-22-2015, 02:20 PM
I sell latex for Vandalay Industries

Pookieson
05-22-2015, 02:45 PM
sigh.

haters goin hate, hate, hate, but im just gunna shake, shake, shake it off.

que that fine ass white gurl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

DeathWalking
05-22-2015, 03:42 PM
for real though man, have some dignity. use classic models

Pookieson
05-22-2015, 03:49 PM
dignity dont put the iron rations on the table bro

DeathWalking
05-22-2015, 03:52 PM
yeah but it makes the foraged roots less bitter

Roguejm11
05-22-2015, 04:01 PM
With the new progression server and Velious coming out soon I just can't justify working a full time job anymore, it is cutting far too deeply into my EQ playtime and my immersion levels are the lowest they have been in years. Today I am putting in my two weeks and will become a full time EQ player. So I just have some questions for the other full timers around here.

What do you tell unemployment so you still get a check when you didn't get laid off and aren't actually looking for work? I know here they want you to submit 2-4 contacts you made every month or 2 weeks, like jobs you applied to, interviews etc. Not sure if they ever actually do audits and check that stuff tho.

I obviously won't be getting laid as a full time EQ player so do you guys have any advice on what fleshlight knockoff will give me the biggest bang for my buck? (no pun intended)

Troll

kaev
05-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Troll

Really? Damn, I thought he was a just another haffer.

Champion_Standing
05-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Troll

no troll

DeathWalking
05-22-2015, 05:51 PM
i can tell you what to do to get money from the gubment champ, but itll be lengthy and i might get banned because it involves a passionate kiss from mitt romney

nilzark
05-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Learn to suck your own penis then apply for sexual orientation discrimination. A+ Thread. Would read again.

DeathWalking
05-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Learn to suck your own penis then apply for sexual orientation discrimination. A+ Thread. Would read again.

wait does that work?

i knew i should have tried yoga.

ireneriveraruiz
05-27-2015, 11:09 AM
they never check the contacts you make them up. Just say you filled out physical applications not electronic as they are harder to track if they do check.

Xylox
05-31-2015, 08:48 PM
All truth.

Is this a joke? Pwning life got you teaching in China? Expat teaching community in China is full of retarded inbred alcoholics who failed at life back at home. Slaying pussy in Asia is easy even for disgusting fat fucks (Source: Fat guy in Korea).

Here's a tip buddy, you haven't won life, you've just put off failure for another year. Once you need actual medical attention from the toxic water and pollution, you'll come back to western civilization and have a giant black hole on your resume. Enjoy being 40 and working at blockbuster.

smokemon
06-01-2015, 02:17 PM
U mad bro?

nyclin
06-01-2015, 02:24 PM
wait does that work?

i knew i should have tried yoga.

RIP deathwalking

Credge
06-01-2015, 04:55 PM

You're posting on a forum for an emulated 16 year old elf simulator. We all know the answer to all life related questions.

waffel
06-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Is this a joke? Pwning life got you teaching in China? Expat teaching community in China is full of retarded inbred alcoholics who failed at life back at home. Slaying pussy in Asia is easy even for disgusting fat fucks (Source: Fat guy in Korea).

Here's a tip buddy, you haven't won life, you've just put off failure for another year. Once you need actual medical attention from the toxic water and pollution, you'll come back to western civilization and have a giant black hole on your resume. Enjoy being 40 and working at blockbuster.

Shitslammed

nuuki
06-02-2015, 03:04 PM

Gold.

indiscriminate_hater
06-02-2015, 03:11 PM

god damn

Zadrian
06-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Phew.. would have been worried if Bush/Towers wasn't in first place. P99 forums would have forgotten where they came from!

Ezalor
06-02-2015, 04:15 PM

dude just got btfo

http://i.imgur.com/gjFNv6E.png

LoliPops
06-02-2015, 04:59 PM
get fired from rent a car job (lol)
gain 350lbs
profit

eyepatch
06-02-2015, 06:14 PM
I have the perfect job for playing EQ. I work 24 on, 48 off. 48 hours of delicious EverQuest.

Something to think about, lol.

Champion_Standing
06-02-2015, 09:54 PM
get fired from rent a car job (lol)
gain 350lbs
profit

Then i can join ur exp groups on red?

LoliPops
06-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Need to lose gf and move into basement
Then consideration

Champion_Standing
06-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Ugh my basements not finished no bathroom, do they still sell 3 liter faygo? Best piss bottles imo.

katrik
06-03-2015, 12:40 PM

God you suck @ internet

Smokkin
06-05-2015, 05:54 PM
No game is worth quitting a job, setting yourself up to fail. Craziest thing I've read lmao.