PDA

View Full Version : Can we make General/Blue/Red Community Sections?

Suddz
05-17-2015, 01:15 PM
Blue is better then Red... everyone knows this already, so lets just stop letting people beg for players on the forums because they choose to play on a dying server

Pringles
05-17-2015, 01:18 PM
There already is?

Suddz
05-17-2015, 01:22 PM
General and PvP, what i mean is we should make

General - for both Blue/Red.

Blue - only posts about Blue

Red - only posts about Red

Swish
05-17-2015, 02:14 PM
If you know it's a red thread, choose not to open it? I love it when people return to a thread hating it for existing and give it free bumps while moaning about it.

It's like a subtle form of self harm.

Barkingturtle
05-17-2015, 02:49 PM
OP wants to completely segregate the population.

Sounds pretty fucking racist if you ask me.

Reported.

Madbad
05-17-2015, 03:12 PM
If you know it's a red thread, choose not to open it? I love it when people return to a thread hating it for existing and give it free bumps while moaning about it.

It's like a subtle form of self harm.

EverQuest is a subtle form of self harm.

Swish
05-17-2015, 03:23 PM

Reported.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/7/2/18/anigif_enhanced-buzz-7629-1341269762-3.gif

katrik
05-17-2015, 03:50 PM

Reported.

RAPORTEDD

Lady Julae
05-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Blue is better then Red... everyone knows this already, so lets just stop letting people beg for players on the forums because they choose to play on a dying server

LOL, red players beg for players on the blue servers. I saw some Red Player spamming his guild info in GFey last night. I was like /ooc Wrong Server, Dude!

Swish
05-19-2015, 09:48 AM
LOL, red players beg for players on the blue servers. I saw some Red Player spamming his guild info in GFey last night. I was like /ooc Wrong Server, Dude!

When you're fighting over the next orc trainer spawn with a bunch of other people who are all running fraps for FTE you might come around to the idea.

Whirled
05-19-2015, 10:02 AM
https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u204/mnms0562000/Trolling.jpg

The red hat gives u the idea here.

Luniz
05-19-2015, 10:21 AM
haha man OP is stupid

learn to forum u dumb ass bluebie

Bboboo
05-19-2015, 10:24 AM
There's a Red server?

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 10:47 AM
The first lvl 50 I got on this server was when the blue pop was lower than reds is now, and it was a lot more fun than blue is today.

Might have to actually start on red soon. Tried to go back to blue lately by just joining up with some groups and doing a little exping on various characters. Despite the constant talk of how community is everything in EQ I find that most of the groups are about as exciting as your average group in wow, don't say a word outside of pull messages, oom, or when something/someone pisses them off.

I guess being called Faggot and having my silvers stolen is at least a more meaningful social interaction than staring at some zoned out dead eyed silent blue player Who's probably more engaged in his bag of Doritos than he is the game.

Portasaurus
05-19-2015, 11:33 AM
There's a Red server?

Yeah what exactly do they mean "red server"? Like it's painted red with red paint?

I thought all computers were black or silver??

Nirgon
05-19-2015, 12:58 PM
red server up to 350 pop after a history of sub 100

work is being done

Epic mobs that are sold for MQ on blue are up just chillin' even right now

Camp hand offs are terrible, pvp should be a factor when some group is holding down a Velious key spawn and handing it off to their next pal

who even knows how anything will be killed in western wastes/tov with 400 people in zone

Lady Julae
05-19-2015, 01:48 PM
When you're fighting over the next orc trainer spawn with a bunch of other people who are all running fraps for FTE you might come around to the idea.

Don't get it twisted, Swish. I'm a fanatical PvPer. I just do not like the way things roll on P99 Red. For me, PvP isn't about ganking for no reason, it's about what you are trying to sell me on Red, which is meaningful PvP such as camp conflict.

But such conflict should not arise out of a selfish, greedy need to want the camp, but rather after civil compromises have been made, for example:

"Hey you been at this camp for 3 hours now, how about letting us have a crack at it? No? No? Hoookay! Here comes the pain!"

Also, I see no challenge in beating on a person fighting a mob. For me, PvP should be challenging, not an obvious face-roll.

Thirdly, and this coincides with the latter, +or - 4 levels is also a face-roll rule. There is, for example, a huge difference between a level 10 druid and a level 14 druid when it comes to combat power. The PvP level difference should be at max +or- 2.

Finally, the nail in the coffin for me was the general attitude of the server, which I found not only grossly appalling in global, but downright condescending to new players with minor complaints about the server style.

In conclusion if Red wants more players to fill up the server they need to make an attitude adjustment that steers clear of "THIS IS PVP! DON'T LIKE IT? GTFO!," to a more welcoming stance of "This is gonna be one of the greatest challenges in your gaming history, and we are here to make that journey memorable and fun!"

daasgoot
05-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Don't get it twisted, Swish. I'm a fanatical PvPer.

The PvP level difference should be at max +or- 2.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ice_cube_wtf.gif

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Anti PK RP guild are the hero's that red needs

kaev
05-19-2015, 03:36 PM

a. Add Swish to your ignore list
b. Add the useless dittohead types to your ignore list
c. Let your annoyance fade to a distant memory
d. Take Swish off your ignore list (some of his gifs are entertaining)
e. Repeat as necessary

It's neither difficult nor time-consuming, why pester the mods & forum admin?

Lady Julae
05-19-2015, 03:43 PM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ice_cube_wtf.gif

What's so confusing? Real PvPers want challenge, not face-roll. Or do you enjoy killing someone 4 levels under you? It's the same as wiping green mobs, it's neither fun nor challenging.

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 04:00 PM
The level limit is actually kinda carebear, even modern mmos let people kill anyone regardless of the level difference.

Ezalor
05-19-2015, 04:16 PM
the pvp range is only 4 levels, so most of the time you can't "pvp" someone who is camping an item you want

that's the part they usually leave out ;)

nyclin
05-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Real PvPers want challenge

lol have you ever even played on red

people have twinks that just camp in levelling areas and gank ungeared people all day long. some people have multiple twinks per zone.

EQ pvp has never been about the challenge, it's about making sure that your enemies aren't having fun. also there is literally nothing challenging about eq pvp hth

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Pretty sure you are trying to argue with someone that agrees with you bro

nyclin
05-19-2015, 04:54 PM
its ok I didn't even read the thread

Lady Julae
05-19-2015, 07:11 PM
lol have you ever even played on red

people have twinks that just camp in levelling areas and gank ungeared people all day long. some people have multiple twinks per zone.

EQ pvp has never been about the challenge, it's about making sure that your enemies aren't having fun. also there is literally nothing challenging about eq pvp hth

I have played on red. There is nothing challenging about fighting a twink. It's the same as being level 5 and going up to a gnoll guardsman (level 9) and getting face-rolled by the gnoll. It's just stupid to to even attempt it. Likewise there is no challenge in being a level 9 fungi twink and beating on a levl 4 undergeared noob.

So as I said, Red PvP is not the type of PvP I enjoy. I like meaningful, challenging PvP where skill determines your victory.

daasgoot
05-19-2015, 07:24 PM
lol you retards talking bout lvl 9 twink vs lvl 4 rags pvp, or some twink in unrest/mm...

come join some lvl 56+ pvp for raid mobs, or seb/kc/chardok zone control.

Nirgon
05-19-2015, 07:54 PM
I guess you have a limited view when you can't make it past crushbone and can only level there

Big_Japan
05-19-2015, 08:43 PM
lol you retards talking bout lvl 9 twink vs lvl 4 rags pvp, or some twink in unrest/mm...

I guess you have a limited view when you can't make it past crushbone and can only level there

lmao these bluebies are too funny

Big_Japan
05-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Level to 60 and duel me in a glorious joust for a gear camp, or you understand naught about PVP!

Lady Julae
05-20-2015, 09:50 AM

I guess you are missing the point. How can you expect anything other than a limited view tied to the noob zones when he server community does nothing to foster a healthy server attitude? Getting face-rolled as a level 4 ragged noob by a level 9 twinked PKer is not challenging nor fun.

Your population issue lies not within the game mechanics of the server, but rather the attitude of the community. The Red community for the most part, is so toxic and gank-happy, that any new PvPers rolling on the server gets tired of the immaturity pretty quickly.

If you really want people to roll on Red, you all as a community need to create and enforce new ground rules that will encourage a challenging and healthy PvP experience. Here are some examples:

1. No noob zone engagement. Noob zones will be considered zones where the starting cities reside, as well as starting cities (sans arenas). New players should at least be given the chance to level to 5 and get a feel for their class before throwing them into the fire. Likewise, cities should be a safe haven where one can rest, sell, bank in peace, or otherwise socialize about the day.

Engagement Rule Rule: If you were engaged in PvP in another zone, EC, for example, and zone into WFP, you are not safe from attack should your assailant decide to follow you.

2. One may only engage outside a noob zone a player who is even (white con) or higher. One may not engage under these conditions if:
a. A player is engaged with a mob that is 50% or lower
b. A player is doing a corpse retrieval
c. A player chooses to parlay, at which time the attacker engage in parlay before attacking. Note, the player must parlay something, be it a begging for their life, bribe, or convincing argument. Parlay only may be used once per day per person engaged.

3. Camp Rights:

Camp Rights go to the first group who breaks the camp and holds it successfully against a player group. Once a party successfully holds the camp after a group attack, no other party may hold the camp for 1 hour. At which point, another attack by interested parties may be attempted to steal the camp.

Should the holding camp party succeed again, they win the camp for 2 hours. Should they succeed again after 2 hours, they get the camp for 4 hours, then must give up the camp up after that 4 hour period, at which point the camp becomes FFA until a new party breaks the camp.

Engagement Rule: Only one party may attempt to take the camp form the occupying party when the time limit is up. Should there be other interested parties wanting the camp, they must fight each other during the occupying camp's time limit to determine who gets to fight the occupying camp for camp rights.

Raid Rights:

To earn the right to raid a plane, there will be a weekly battle royal for each specific plane. For example, Mondays would be Fear Plane, Tuesdays would be Plane of Sky, etc. All interested guilds will bring 6 of their best members to act as their champions. All guild contestants will fight in a city arena to the death. Last guild member standing wins the rights to the Plane for their guild for 1 week. No other guild may then enter the Plane until the next battle Royal.

I could think of a whole host of other rules. PvP does not have to be chaos. Wars are not chaotic, many are fought with strategy and rules of engagement. A little law and order would go a long way on Red.

Big_Japan
05-20-2015, 09:57 AM
I guess you are missing the point. How can you expect anything other than a limited view tied to the noob zones when he server community does nothing to foster a healthy server attitude? Getting face-rolled as a level 4 ragged noob by a level 9 twinked PKer is not challenging nor fun.

Your population issue lies not within the game mechanics of the server, but rather the attitude of the community. The Red community for the most part, is so toxic and gank-happy, that any new PvPers rolling on the server gets tired of the immaturity pretty quickly.

If you really want people to roll on Red, you all as a community need to create and enforce new ground rules that will encourage a challenging and healthy PvP experience. Here are some examples:

1. No noob zone engagement. Noob zones will be considered zones where the starting cities reside, as well as starting cities (sans arenas). New players should at least be given the chance to level to 5 and get a feel for their class before throwing them into the fire. Likewise, cities should be a safe haven where one can rest, sell, bank in peace, or otherwise socialize about the day.

Engagement Rule Rule: If you were engaged in PvP in another zone, EC, for example, and zone into WFP, you are not safe from attack should your assailant decide to follow you.

2. One may only engage outside a noob zone a player who is even (white con) or higher. One may not engage under these conditions if:
a. A player is engaged with a mob that is 50% or lower
b. A player is doing a corpse retrieval
c. A player chooses to parlay, at which time the attacker engage in parlay before attacking. Note, the player must parlay something, be it a begging for their life, bribe, or convincing argument. Parlay only may be used once per day per person engaged.

3. Camp Rights:

Camp Rights go to the first group who breaks the camp and holds it successfully against a player group. Once a party successfully holds the camp after a group attack, no other party may hold the camp for 1 hour. At which point, another attack by interested parties may be attempted to steal the camp.

Should the holding camp party succeed again, they win the camp for 2 hours. Should they succeed again after 2 hours, they get the camp for 4 hours, then must give up the camp up after that 4 hour period, at which point the camp becomes FFA until a new party breaks the camp.

Engagement Rule: Only one party may attempt to take the camp form the occupying party when the time limit is up. Should there be other interested parties wanting the camp, they must fight each other during the occupying camp's time limit to determine who gets to fight the occupying camp for camp rights.

Raid Rights:

To earn the right to raid a plane, there will be a weekly battle royal for each specific plane. For example, Mondays would be Fear Plane, Tuesdays would be Plane of Sky, etc. All interested guilds will bring 6 of their best members to act as their champions. All guild contestants will fight in a city arena to the death. Last guild member standing wins the rights to the Plane for their guild for 1 week. No other guild may then enter the Plane until the next battle Royal.

I could think of a whole host of other rules. PvP does not have to be chaos. Wars are not chaotic, many are fought with strategy and rules of engagement. A little law and order would go a long way on Red.

i only read about 10% of this but come on, this has to be a troll. yikes

Lady Julae
05-29-2015, 01:36 PM
i only read about 10% of this but come on, this has to be a troll. yikes

Not at all, it's a basic proposal for a lawful, meaningful PvP rules set. Why does PvP have to be chaotic? Why can't it have rules of engagement? Rules make games far more fun and challenging.