PDA

View Full Version : PermaDeath PVP Server is back! New changes, new rules.

magic
10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Changes

1. PVP Level Range - You may now only attack players 10 levels above/below you. No more grief for newbies.
2. PVE Deaths will now cause you to lose 5 levels.
3. PVP Death will still send you back to level 1.
4. Instant-gate potions removed.
5. Firepots in Timorous Deep are no longer working.
6. Removed "/who all <zone>" command.

Upcoming Changes

1. Removal of blind.
2. Possible implementation of teleporters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all like these changes. More newbie friendly, while still edgy and extremely pvp oriented. The more players we get here, the more Secrets will continue to work. Enjoy! :)

magic
10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Updates (As of Oct 15 @ 10:17 PM EST)

1. Teleporter added to Qeynos docks
2. Every class now has a base crit chance of 3% (Careful, so do mobs)
3. Blind Removed

nalkin
10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
*sigh* now I may have to start playing this again. Although I don't know if I am competitive on this server if I don't use MQ...

Scrooge
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
These are welcome changes by the majority of the server I imagine, and I hope we'll see more REAL players on the server as opposed to the wannabes in "holocaust". The reason they've been killing every level under is so there would be no real opposition...it's so transparent it's not even funny.

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Okay, seriously. Holocaust can be immature douches and all but they are very clearly just better players than most on the server. True they gank lowbies but they also kill people their level and have yet to die even once in pvp. Even if they do hack (which I've seen no proof of), "Boyz in tha hood" clearly does too, and so the reason why Holocaust kicks the shit out of Boyz every time isn't solely because of "hax".

So many times I've seen people assert that they could not have been found by a holocaust member without hacks. Then promptly the holocaust member in question will explain how they did it. Rather than learning from the methods that they've been graciously taught by the holocaust members (methods that should be fucking obvious, like using corpse locate spells to track people), these people just ragequit and keep recapitulating their nonsense about how holocaust can't win a fair fight and just use hacks etc. I mean even Secrets accused them of using mq2 to /who all every zone, when anyone should be able to figure out that it's easily doable with hotkeys.

I don't think the server will be around for too long. I like the challenge but clearly most people here are still of the "WoW" mentality and want everything to be easy for them. Also there are horrible balance issues which Secrets hasn't even shown willingness to address (melee being generally terrible, casters having upgraded versions of their spells that do too much damage, resist rates, etc.) I can also understand why Secrets gets so stressed over the server despite the problems I have with him as the dev, and while I appreciate that he stepped up to the plate and gave people a server that (for a time) was widely enjoyed, I think it would be better for him if he just let it go.

yaaaflow
10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Holocaust obviously know their shit about eq pvp, but wow what an obnoxious bunch of faggots they are as well. Thanks for your shitty post defending them and attacking Secrets, Lazortag.

Personally I'll probably give this server a try again when the new rules are fleshed out a bit, but the fact that mq2/seq can't really be stopped on eqemu makes me doubt the longevity of it anyway :( Thanks for putting up an awesome server though Secrets, I had good fun on it for a few days :)

baub
10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Why would blind be removed?

Zithax
10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Okay, seriously. Holocaust can be immature douches and all but they are very clearly just better players than most on the server. True they gank lowbies but they also kill people their level and have yet to die even once in pvp. Even if they do hack (which I've seen no proof of), "Boyz in tha hood" clearly does too, and so the reason why Holocaust kicks the shit out of Boyz every time isn't solely because of "hax".

So many times I've seen people assert that they could not have been found by a holocaust member without hacks. Then promptly the holocaust member in question will explain how they did it. Rather than learning from the methods that they've been graciously taught by the holocaust members (methods that should be fucking obvious, like using corpse locate spells to track people), these people just ragequit and keep recapitulating their nonsense about how holocaust can't win a fair fight and just use hacks etc. I mean even Secrets accused them of using mq2 to /who all every zone, when anyone should be able to figure out that it's easily doable with hotkeys.

I don't think the server will be around for too long. I like the challenge but clearly most people here are still of the "WoW" mentality and want everything to be easy for them. Also there are horrible balance issues which Secrets hasn't even shown willingness to address (melee being generally terrible, casters having upgraded versions of their spells that do too much damage, resist rates, etc.) I can also understand why Secrets gets so stressed over the server despite the problems I have with him as the dev, and while I appreciate that he stepped up to the plate and gave people a server that (for a time) was widely enjoyed, I think it would be better for him if he just let it go.

Considering secrets has access to the logs, I'd imagine he wouldn't throw out an accusation without having something proving beyond a doubt. Massive /who all's and regular intervals? What do you call that? PvP skills?

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Considering secrets has access to the logs, I'd imagine he wouldn't throw out an accusation without having something proving beyond a doubt. Massive /who all's and regular intervals? What do you call that? PvP skills?

It takes literally about 5 seconds to do that many /who alls with hotkeys. If they were doing it at perfectly regular intervals with some sort of hack, then that's an extremely weak hack considering how easy it is to do it without hacks.

Holocaust obviously know their shit about eq pvp, but wow what an obnoxious bunch of faggots they are as well. Thanks for your shitty post defending them and attacking Secrets, Lazortag.

I guess it was uncalled for when I said that Secrets was unwilling to fix other balance issues because I really don't know that nor do I have any reason to believe it. But it was completely ridiculous when he asserted that they had to use hacks to /who all every zone. He later took it back which means it actually had no basis whatsoever from the beginning.

I don't see how my post is "shitty" considering you didn't respond to 75% of the things I said. I think you're just bad at eq.

Dantes
10-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Can you still play on other servers after you have made the file overrides and other changes in the Project1999 setup guide?

yaaaflow
10-15-2010, 05:43 PM
You spent 2 paragraphs defending a bunch of exploiting faggots and one paragraph attacking the dude who put up this server for everyone.

Your post sucked, dude.

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 05:58 PM
You spent 2 paragraphs defending a bunch of exploiting faggots and one paragraph attacking the dude who put up this server for everyone.

Your post sucked, dude.

What's wrong with you? You realize that you have no proof that they exploited? You realize that even if they do exploit, I already explained why that doesn't matter? Did you even read my post?

Seriously, it's not holocaust that will ruin the server. Look in the mirror.

edit:

Can you still play on other servers after you have made the file overrides and other changes in the Project1999 setup guide?

You can still play but you have to get a new spells file. It's in the server's motd. Without the spell files some things will be a bit weird. Also I think you'll need to put back the new lavastorm/nek/etc. files, but no one ever goes there anyway.

bionicbadger
10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
yeah why would blind be removed? Its the only really useful PVP spell some classes have and it doesn't last THAT long.

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Most people who think blind is overpowered don't know how to use hotkeys. They also don't know which classes actually get blind so they don't know what to prepare for. But it's not that big of a deal that he got rid of it, I mean it was definitely an annoying spell and some classes got it way too early considering its usefulness.

mimixownzall
10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I still say take up rogeans offer and import his stuff and make it Sullon Zek rules... problems solved!

yaaaflow
10-15-2010, 07:16 PM
What's wrong with you? You realize that you have no proof that they exploited? You realize that even if they do exploit, I already explained why that doesn't matter? Did you even read my post?

Seriously, it's not holocaust that will ruin the server. Look in the mirror.

When I hit lvl 12 on my first char, a necro, and my new lifetap was doing 120 damage (approx 3x what it should have been) I made sure that secrets was aware of this so it could be resolved.

When they hit level 46 on their mages they were able to summon their epic weapons. Rather than tell secrets about this they just started using it for pvp and pve.

Exploiting? to me yea that's exploiting since it obviously wasn't intended just like my uberlifetap wasn't intended. The server name straight out fucking says alpha as in this shit isn't complete yet and it's more important to report bugs and fix shit than be the uberest of the uber.

edit: that ignoring the fact that they are probably mq2/seqing anyway lol

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 08:03 PM
edit: that ignoring the fact that they are probably mq2/seqing anyway lol

You don't get it still. Are you sure you're not just a bad player?

yaaaflow
10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
You're probably right I'm likely not cut out for eq pvp.

JayDee
10-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I have known people who blatantly hacked and never got banned from vztz.

That would imply that these tools were going above and beyond to the point Keegan (hosts the server) had to get involved and personally remove them.

Sadface
10-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Changes

1. PVP Level Range - You may now only attack players 10 levels above/below you. No more grief for newbies.
2. PVE Deaths will now cause you to lose 5 levels.
3. PVP Death will still send you back to level 1.
4. Instant-gate potions removed. You mean lizard gate potions right ?
5. Firepots in Timorous Deep are no longer working.
6. Removed "/who all <zone>" command. How is anyone going to find pvp without that ? Maybe remove it later on if population increases.

Upcoming Changes

1. Removal of blind.
2. Possible implementation of teleporters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all like these changes. More newbie friendly, while still edgy and extremely pvp oriented. The more players we get here, the more Secrets will continue to work. Enjoy! :)

Highlighted in green the good changes. Red is the ones bad for such a small community and/or theme of the server.

Just some constructive criticism. Overall good work.

yaaaflow
10-15-2010, 09:30 PM
So everyone should have to setup hotkeys for /who all <zone> to be competitive?

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
So everyone should have to setup hotkeys for /who all <zone> to be competitive?

That would be a bit ridiculous, but only because there are so many zones people can hide in. Until the server has a larger population there should be fewer zones. True fact.

Edit: Also, it's funny how still no one has posted evidence that <Holocaust> was hacking, whereas I have evidence of Boyz in tha Hood hacking (though pretty much everyone else does too). Even if they have used hacks, it doesn't necessarily mean they used them on this server, and if they did, it doesn't mean that they got any significant advantage out of using them. Lots of the situations where they've been accused of hacking, they actually were just, get this, playing well. It's almost like I posted all of this on the first page.

Scrooge
10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Their (holocaust's) idea of pvp is killing players who have little or no chance to defend themselves, and whenever they're faced with an opponent who puts them into defensive, they insta-gate.

The whole point of anon and role is to hide one's class, level, and location....and "/who all zone" clearly bends the rules in that it lets you know who is in that particular zone. I personally voted for /anon and /role to be disabled entirely so everyone would have an equal perspective when the server started.

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Their (holocaust's) idea of pvp is killing players who have little or no chance to defend themselves, whenever they're faced with an opponent who puts them into defensive, they insta-gate.

The whole point of anon and role is to hide one's class, level, and location....and "/who all zone" clearly goes bends the rules in that it lets you know who is in that particular zone. I personally voted for /anon and /role to be disabled entirely so everyone would have an equal perspective when the server started.

I also like the latter idea, so that people know what they're up against when a big mean holo member zones into the same zone as them.

Holocaust's idea of pvp is simple: they want to kill everyone on the server. Yes, that includes some unfair encounters where they get people who are defenseless and have virtually no chance of winning. I find it kind of lame too, but I don't think it hurts the server nearly as much as (a) the constant unwarranted whining (b) the balance issues (c) use of hacks (which is not exclusive to <holocaust>) and (d) ridiculously high ratio of zones to players.

Scrooge
10-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Thing is though, when one of their players (who we tracked down to a zoneline) suddenly disappears from tracking yet stays in the zone and suddenly on the other side of it.....you'd think "EVAC!" right? Well said player was a Shaman, so how do you explain something like that? It was in a random kunark zone and when he insta-gated when he finally ran into us, he was back in Antonica.

Are there some evac pots that I'm not even aware of? And how do you track a live player using locate corpse...lol

Lazortag
10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Thing is though, when one of their players (who we tracked down to a zoneline) suddenly disappears from tracking yet stays in the zone and suddenly on the other side of it.....you'd think "EVAC!" right? Well said player was a Shaman, so how do you explain something like that? It was in a random kunark zone and when he insta-gated when he finally ran into us, he was back in Antonica.

Are there some evac pots that I'm not even aware of? And how do you track a live player using locate corpse...lol

Locate corpse tracks the nearest corpse. Most people are stupid and don't dry loot the corpses they're fighting. I used this to track down Andain on my Bard (before I actually got track) and subsequently kill him by boring him to death (seriously).

The server is a bit funky at times. At one point when I was killing Andain, he zoned to Paineel and I chased after him. When I got there I was able to click on him, and when I did /who he was in the zone, but in fact he was in Toxxulia and it was just some weird mirage from crappy programming. In fact /who and /who all Tox showed him being in both zones at once.

If someone disappeared from tracking.. maybe they ran in a different direction from you? I'm not saying it's impossible that the player in question hacked. What I've been saying though, is that to suggest that holocaust hacking exclusively ruins the server is ridiculous. Maybe hacking combined with the fact that they are actually good at playing, unlike Idiots in the Hood who hack but are terrible players.

magic
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Recent updates are on the second post on this thread. That spot shall be reserved for future updates as well. Bumping.

lethdar
10-16-2010, 01:51 AM

Are you seriously trying to imply tracking works accurately for players? What kind of idiot newbie are you. This shit didn't even work on live, let alone emu.

Also, that totally sounds like an awesome pk strategy of some master hacker with mq2/seq/suckmydick running, clearly he used his hacks to find where you were in the zone, run into you while unprepared and instagate despite knowing exactly where you were the whole time, as he is, of course, a master hacker.

Please do try to make more sense.

lethdar
10-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Locate corpse tracks the nearest corpse. Most people are stupid and don't dry loot the corpses they're fighting. I used this to track down Andain on my Bard (before I actually got track) and subsequently kill him by boring him to death (seriously).

The server is a bit funky at times. At one point when I was killing Andain, he zoned to Paineel and I chased after him. When I got there I was able to click on him, and when I did /who he was in the zone, but in fact he was in Toxxulia and it was just some weird mirage from crappy programming. In fact /who and /who all Tox showed him being in both zones at once.

Chipped bone rods have always been available on merchants in south qeynos, making it trivial for any class to find people xping in a zone that don't clear all corpses.

When people both zone over at the same time it'll often leave a "ghost" image of the person who loaded before you at the zone line. This can result in 2 different bugs. The first, which you witnessed was when the person zones back. You'll be stuck seeing the person on /who within your zone, but /who all name will show them zoning, or eventually in a different zone.

The second bug that results off of this is you merely see the ghost of the person at the zone line, but they've actually ran off somewhere else in the zone. The modus operandi in this situation since you've already gotten the target is to run around looking for them while casting your longest range spell (for mages, the bolt line has 250 range, greater than the normal 200 range for most nukes, longer yet when you get extended range focus available on this server, with other classes the spell of choice varies.) until it starts to cast. At that point you know they're within 250 locs of you and its easy to finish finding them.

Helpful hints of the day bros.

edit: The ghost target is particularly useful in outdoor zones as despite the best rock you're hiding in, tree you're leved on, etc, the spell will always start to cast when you're in range thus ruining your hiding spot. It's considerably less useful in dungeons due to the confined spaces involved, but there are innumerable tricks that can be used in different situations to help find targets. What I've typed out here is only the most basic of basic things used.

Giovanni
10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimtoadHalitosis?feature=mhum#p/a/f/1/3qk1ZYKakQQ

Yam
10-16-2010, 04:45 AM
What files do you need for the game? My spells are all fuckled.

JayDee
10-16-2010, 06:05 AM
This post is hillarious, considering the reason Jaydee started playing on p99 was because he was banned on vztz for macroquest. In addition, we were not booted from vztz, and are currently the number one guild there. Sure was lulz though when we killed you and took your pegasus cloak!

You have me confused with an imposter.

I have and will never die to the likes of you and your crew :)

On the flipside, I got you pegged.

Scrooge
10-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Are you seriously trying to imply tracking works accurately for players? What kind of idiot newbie are you. This shit didn't even work on live, let alone emu.

So what you really mean to say is all those times your group of wannabes was tracking players down to their exact locations as they were moving around a zone, wasn't through tracking, but by through completely other means.

Lazortag
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
So what you really mean to say is all those times your group of wannabes was tracking players down to their exact locations as they were moving around a zone, wasn't through tracking, but by through completely other means.

Such as corpse locate?

Back in primitive times, when people didn't understand a certain phenomenon, they thought it was magic, god, etc. On everquest when people don't understand something, it's "hax".

Zyvixious
10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
This post is hillarious, considering the reason Jaydee started playing on p99 was because he was banned on vztz for macroquest. In addition, we were not booted from vztz, and are currently the number one guild there. Sure was lulz though when we killed you and took your pegasus cloak!

Fail post is fail.

lethdar u fail miserably u ran ur ass off from BOYZ lol also you whole guild had spent 90% of their day trying to ruin the server with ur exploits and this lazortag

That would be a bit ridiculous, but only because there are so many zones people can hide in. Until the server has a larger population there should be fewer zones. True fact.

Edit: Also, it's funny how still no one has posted evidence that <Holocaust> was hacking, whereas I have evidence of Boyz in tha Hood hacking (though pretty much everyone else does too). Even if they have used hacks, it doesn't necessarily mean they used them on this server, and if they did, it doesn't mean that they got any significant advantage out of using them. Lots of the situations where they've been accused of hacking, they actually were just, get this, playing well. It's almost like I posted all of this on the first page.

also about u lazor u are riding holocausts nutts so hard its aint even funny. theres no proof of them cheat bc the programs they use cant even be detected on live and also U have no evidence the boyz cheated except u running ur dick sucker!

Slax
10-16-2010, 04:19 PM
What I've been saying though, is that to suggest that holocaust hacking exclusively ruins the server is ridiculous. Maybe hacking combined with the fact that they are actually good at playing, unlike Idiots in the Hood who hack but are terrible players.

You somehow seem to imply that hacking is a bit more noble as long as you don't normally suck without it. Don't give me this bullshit "even if they do use certain hacks, it don't matter because their cocks are so huge and taste yummy either way" How about this one...

If you need to hack at anything, on any server or any game for any reason, then you need to find a new game because If you HACK, you SUCK! period. And if you refute that? Then you suck even more.

terribad failboat is failing fail thread is fail lulz lawl and all that other dumb shit. Fuck people are so stupid it makes me wanna blow up teh interwebz.

lethdar
10-16-2010, 04:40 PM
also about u lazor u are riding holocausts nutts so hard its aint even funny. theres no proof of them cheat bc the programs they use cant even be detected on live and also U have no evidence the boyz cheated except u running ur dick sucker!

Actually one of the few times I joined irc was to report a few of your guildmates for warping away from us. Secrets checked the logs and banned Cletus and some other hacker from boyz. But nice try.

Lazortag
10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
lethdar u fail miserably u ran ur ass off from BOYZ lol also you whole guild had spent 90% of their day trying to ruin the server with ur exploits and this lazortag

Holy fuck can you type legibly at all? You look like a fucking twat. I don't even know where to begin because I can't understand half the shit you've said. I do have evidence of boyz cheating, I posted it in the thread on eqemulator and no one responded for two pages.

Explain how I got a huge lead on Rophel, hid behind a wall where he couldn't see me, begam camping, and when he caught up he was casting spells (with me targeted) and looking around, KNOWING that I was within range?

Boyz members actually frequently admit to using showeq (abacab, raren, etc.). The most hilarious thing is that even though you hack, you guys are still AWFUL at eq! It's really really sad.

You somehow seem to imply that hacking is a bit more noble as long as you don't normally suck without it. Don't give me this bullshit "even if they do use certain hacks, it don't matter because their cocks are so huge and taste yummy either way" How about this one...

If you need to hack at anything, on any server or any game for any reason, then you need to find a new game because If you HACK, you SUCK! period. And if you refute that? Then you suck even more.

I'm not making any excuses for hacking. It's lame. What I am saying is that even IF <Holocaust> ever hacked, it has had negligible harms for the server.

I'm obviously not "dick-riding" since I've prefaced several of my posts with how lame I think they are. If any of you knew how to read this would be evident. It's just that the prevailing view seems to be that Holocaust are terrible hackers who've ruined the server, when in fact the constant whining and bitching from the pussies in "Boyz in tha Hood" has fucked over the server more than anything.

Lazortag
10-16-2010, 05:49 PM
*began, even if *they ever hacked, etc.

Zyvixious
10-16-2010, 06:13 PM
LOL cletus and whoever werent even in boyz NICE one though

Zyvixious
10-16-2010, 06:16 PM
also douchenozzle cast admitted to using mq2 so what u saying now?

Zyvixious
10-16-2010, 06:19 PM
1 more thing just so u know all u juvenile rejects in holocaust were infiltrated and u all admitted in chat that u all use mq2 and show eq so what a shame...

get the fuck out u ass kissing pussy

lethdar
10-17-2010, 01:44 AM
An angry troll who got killed a lot on mortalquest doesn't like us, shocking.

Nice one about infiltrating holocaust too bro, very pro, i mean, as an elite social engineer hacker you managed to guess our vent info and impersonate one of the 5 of us who have known eachother for years in order to get a guild invite.I'm glad you don't bother letting things like facts and reality get in the way of your accusations.

In other news, postcount ++

Yam
10-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Good job shitting up the thread you petulant cocksucks.

Giovanni
10-17-2010, 02:45 AM
1 more thing just so u know all u juvenile rejects in holocaust were infiltrated and u all admitted in chat that u all use mq2 and show eq so what a shame...

get the fuck out u ass kissing pussy

As a 43 year old father of three, I have children of my own that are older than you. When they misbehave, they get sent to their room without dinner and I take away their Everquest privileges. In fact, most members of our guild are actually family.... so your allegations that we were infiltrated is quite a surprise to all of us.

Lazortag
10-17-2010, 03:45 AM
So you thought <Holocaust> sounded like a family-friendly guild name?

Lazortag
10-17-2010, 03:46 AM
So you thought Holocaust sounded like a family-friendly guild name?
I put "<>" around Holocaust but for some reason that made it not show. Now the sudden holes in my posts are making a lot more sense.

Giovanni
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
The guild name was chosen in memory of young Lethdar's grandfather.

Zithax
10-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Nice one about infiltrating holocaust too bro, very pro, i mean, as an elite social engineer hacker you managed to guess our vent info and impersonate one of the 5 of us who have known eachother for years in order to get a guild invite.

lol you sound upset that it worked so well?

Crazycloud
10-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Lol this server = dead unless they make people unanonmous or /who zones back in.

If secrets would roll the server to what it first used to be and added in the 10lvl range pvp with only 5lvl pve death would be good. Everytime i see MQ server it has like 3 people on it. I wonder how people find pvp now lols.

Oh keeps were fun too.

Zyvixious
10-18-2010, 02:49 PM
dam bitch u mad brew? lol just think of the person u invited recently they knew u on vztz and u let them in bc u knew them, and that sad thing is you werent the only people they considered a friend they were just tired of u cheatin ur way to the top. dam u admitted to him and in guild chat that u used it. the gms stated that real MQ2 cant be detected so u can deny and hide bc u can, but u have to live with urselves that u play and game with a lie, ur life is a lie, ur character tracking abilities were a lie, well the fact that ur cool is a lie, well your just a group of quitters who gave up bc u couldnt rely on ur lies. dam suck huh thats y u all ran away crying boo hoo - u couldnt ruin another server. but its kool u started the crash of mortalquest and secrets solidified it. gj who cares, get over urself.

ps does my typing make u mad? u see to cry alot about it. but if u read it slowly u can understand it thats y i do it :D tards like u and your kids wil figure it out 1 day

Seaweedpimp
10-18-2010, 07:00 PM
dam bitch u mad brew? lol just think of the person u invited recently they knew u on vztz and u let them in bc u knew them, and that sad thing is you werent the only people they considered a friend they were just tired of u cheatin ur way to the top. dam u admitted to him and in guild chat that u used it. the gms stated that real MQ2 cant be detected so u can deny and hide bc u can, but u have to live with urselves that u play and game with a lie, ur life is a lie, ur character tracking abilities were a lie, well the fact that ur cool is a lie, well your just a group of quitters who gave up bc u couldnt rely on ur lies. dam suck huh thats y u all ran away crying boo hoo - u couldnt ruin another server. but its kool u started the crash of mortalquest and secrets solidified it. gj who cares, get over urself.

ps does my typing make u mad? u see to cry alot about it. but if u read it slowly u can understand it thats y i do it :D tards like u and your kids wil figure it out 1 day

I am saddened for you.

The library is about to close bro. Time to get off the intarwebz.

lethdar
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM

No one, but nice try.

Betting this guy is dremix, how many times did we kill you at lvl 55+ bro?

Majik
10-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Unban me please Secrets, sorry for my wrong doing. :(

Abacab niggah
10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Lol VZ/TZ trolls coming to the P99 board

The problem was is there were several things wrong with the server, and several things wrong with pvp balance in the first place due to the client used.

Coupled with the fact Vile and I would sit over AIM laughing at how blatantly MQ2 was used, the server quickly snowballed into the piece of shit you see before you right now. To assert that anyone used any real talent is a joke, people would do nothing more than pop up mySEQ and MQ2 instant gate potions and rolled mages/druids out by the truckload, there was no balance, there was no skill it was simply gangs of casters using cheating programs to blow up people half their level in 5v1 skirmishes in the warrens.

The server was fun, but it was pretty obvious it was a rat race to 60 as the main focal point of the server was grief which it exemplified pretty poorly as battles played out as predator v. prey instead of engagements or zone contestation, and since the mobs were all dumbed down to indifferently the risk of going to a dangerous zone was moot point so there was no mob based defense or offense on that account.

Abacab niggah
10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
the constant whining and bitching from the pussies in "Boyz in tha Hood" has fucked over the server more than anything.

You act like I was on 24/7 making complaints, I played a total of three days? I spent most of my time loading my guild bank with Kael MQ's and CS gems instead of pvping. The only time I got murked was because I went down into the warrens for a minute to help out lower level people, and the same lower level people got paid off by Holocaust members to disband and drop me 4v1 which isn't hard considering I'm a cleric and they've got four mages on me.

Then when big Holocaust came in THREE seconds later to loot my stuff and link it in /ooc for the E-peen points, I just lol'd picked up my phone and went to the bar for the rest of the night... I come back several hours later and Holocaust is still bragging about killing a level 20 something cleric.

Point is I never complained, and I never played seriously but you're assuming that because of my tag that I just consistently bitch? Dude I'm sorry but I wasn't the one who was logging 18+ hours a day doing nothing more than spamming the following:

/who all Warrens
/who all blackburrow
/who all qeynos2

So I actually had LESS to bitch about, while I can recall holocaust whining about the anonymous function damn near daily, because it stops them from griefing level 5's for a total of 1.5 seconds (the time it takes to type out the zone name)

Lazortag
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
You act like I was on 24/7 making complaints, I played a total of three days? I spent most of my time loading my guild bank with Kael MQ's and CS gems instead of pvping. The only time I got murked was because I went down into the warrens for a minute to help out lower level people, and the same lower level people got paid off by Holocaust members to disband and drop me 4v1 which isn't hard considering I'm a cleric and they've got four mages on me.

Then when big Holocaust came in THREE seconds later to loot my stuff and link it in /ooc for the E-peen points, I just lol'd picked up my phone and went to the bar for the rest of the night... I come back several hours later and Holocaust is still bragging about killing a level 20 something cleric.

Point is I never complained, and I never played seriously but you're assuming that because of my tag that I just consistently bitch? Dude I'm sorry but I wasn't the one who was logging 18+ hours a day doing nothing more than spamming the following:

/who all Warrens
/who all blackburrow
/who all qeynos2

So I actually had LESS to bitch about, while I can recall holocaust whining about the anonymous function damn near daily, because it stops them from griefing level 5's for a total of 1.5 seconds (the time it takes to type out the zone name)

This probably warrants a huge "u mad bro?" but just to clear something up I wasn't really addressing you. Surprisingly you were probably the least annoying boyz member.

I don't think you can say that no one used any talent. Talent is relative. If you're using locate corpse to track corpses and NO ONE else on the server understands the usefulness of this method, that's arguably talent. I guess it's not a huge achievement since the vast majority of the server were undeniably terrible players so having relative talent meant nothing.

Abacab niggah
10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
This probably warrants a huge "u mad bro?" but just to clear something up I wasn't really addressing you. Surprisingly you were probably the least annoying boyz member.

I don't think you can say that no one used any talent. Talent is relative. If you're using locate corpse to track corpses and NO ONE else on the server understands the usefulness of this method, that's arguably talent. I guess it's not a huge achievement since the vast majority of the server were undeniably terrible players so having relative talent meant nothing.

Cause clicking one spell icon is considered talent? By that definition me hitting the open E on my bass guitar is musical talent paramount to being the next Mozart, because no one else is currently doing it right now.

It takes absolutely zero talent, to get a full group of nothing but casters and use seek and destroy methods to wreak havoc on people half your level. If you were a rogue and you managed to fend off a druid, using pumice stones when needed, knowing what poisons to stack and when, I'd argue that takes some talent and or intelligence on your part because you're at a very strict disadvantage simply by class choice, but as I said rolling mage and using /pet attack and hotkeying an instant gate potion is hardly talent, considering mages were handed their epics via auto-scriber and the pets hit for an excess of what 200+?

I was the first person to recognize Kael armor was clickable at level 1, which means depending on your class you could have 700 pt AoE heals, clicky drones of doom spells, level 60 DS shields etc. etc. that were easily farmable at level 30. Was that talent knowing and exploiting this? No, but it was intelligent because they were amazing at saving mana and freeing up spell slots for more useful things.

But Lazor, weren't you the one bragging on the forum about playing virtual sabotage? Didn't you plan to join the Boyz and do an ALT+G and tell others what zone we were in? The fact we had people doing this from day one didn't help either but it's still kind of funny people like you were willing to play 007 just to grief project 1999 players that you don't really like.

Abacab niggah
10-19-2010, 04:10 PM
As a 43 year old father of three

Lol, work less on your PK and more on your 401k, before you get PvP'd by property taxes later on.

korrowan
10-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Lol VZ/TZ trolls coming to the P99 board

The problem was is there were several things wrong with the server, and several things wrong with pvp balance in the first place due to the client used.

Coupled with the fact Vile and I would sit over AIM laughing at how blatantly MQ2 was used, the server quickly snowballed into the piece of shit you see before you right now. To assert that anyone used any real talent is a joke, people would do nothing more than pop up mySEQ and MQ2 instant gate potions and rolled mages/druids out by the truckload, there was no balance, there was no skill it was simply gangs of casters using cheating programs to blow up people half their level in 5v1 skirmishes in the warrens.

The server was fun, but it was pretty obvious it was a rat race to 60 as the main focal point of the server was grief which it exemplified pretty poorly as battles played out as predator v. prey instead of engagements or zone contestation, and since the mobs were all dumbed down to indifferently the risk of going to a dangerous zone was moot point so there was no mob based defense or offense on that account.

Wow Aim? What is this 1998?

Abacab niggah
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow Aim? What is this 1998?

I use pidgin on my HTC homeboy, so I got the whole deal! Plus we use AIM rooms for ChicagoHC and IndianapolisHC to set up shows and D.I.Y promoting with each others bands.

Very useful, and not as slow as E-mail

korrowan
10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I use pidgin on my HTC homeboy, so I got the whole deal! Plus we use AIM rooms for ChicagoHC and IndianapolisHC to set up shows and D.I.Y promoting with each others bands.

Very useful, and not as slow as E-mail

Good story brah. Oh WTF is a HTC homeboy anyway. That some device you cooked up after you raged and threw your Hero at the wall or something.

Lazortag
10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Cause clicking one spell icon is considered talent? By that definition me hitting the open E on my bass guitar is musical talent paramount to being the next Mozart, because no one else is currently doing it right now.

It's about knowing when to use these spells. For example since no mobs ever attacked eachother, I'd use corpse locate in empty zones to find and loot player corpses. I found a lot of decent stuff doing this. This is hardly an ingenious idea, but relative to the talent that was mostly present on the server (ie mostly p99 players with no experience doing pvp) it was at least somewhat intelligent.

Consider this: from the beginning people were accusing others who used corpse locate wands of using hacks. This means that the people accusing them didn't know that such a method was available to them, which means that the latter players likely were smarter and more talented than the idiots who don't understand how corpse locate works. I don't think that Holocaust are geniuses, but I think that they were among the most skilled players on the server. Does that say much? No. But at least it says that hacks weren't needed for them to achieve what they did.

But Lazor, weren't you the one bragging on the forum about playing virtual sabotage? Didn't you plan to join the Boyz and do an ALT+G and tell others what zone we were in? The fact we had people doing this from day one didn't help either but it's still kind of funny people like you were willing to play 007 just to grief project 1999 players that you don't really like.

Well, I never actually went through with infiltrating the boyz. Mostly because you guys use vent and I hate voice chat. But this was out of revenge for several of your members ganking me at low levels. Not to say that ganking people is necessarily wrong, but that you should expect someone to get back at you if they can.

I'm not sure how this is really relevant, but I will say that I don't necessarily disagree with what you've argued led to the shittiness of the server.

Especially:

...people would do nothing more than ... [roll] mages/druids out by the truckload, there was no balance, there was no skill it was simply gangs of casters using cheating programs to blow up people half their level in 5v1 skirmishes in the warrens.

I can't comment on what effect cheating programs had (plus I think it's ironic that you mention it since you frequently admit to using those programs, and additionally the only people I've ever personally seen using them were from your guild!) but I think the rest of the stuff you said was pretty spot on.

Personally (and at this point people can stop reading because this is just what I would have preferred and not a serious suggestion), I think that faction should have mattered (so that you could train people, run to guards, etc.) and that the main cities should have been Paineel and Erudin, with people choosing which one they started in (maybe with some good team/evil team thing going on). I think this because I think /who all zone should have been off from the beginning which would have required a smaller world, so restricting everything to Odus would have been best. Releasing it in its alpha stages with barely any fixes done would have been okay but recognize that eq is already a kind of frustrating game, so when you expose people to a shitty experience with an eq server for a while they just completely lose interest in it like I did. At this point even if a whole bunch of things were fixed I doubt I'd go back.

Abacab niggah
10-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I can't comment on what effect cheating programs had (plus I think it's ironic that you mention it since you frequently admit to using those programs, and additionally the only people I've ever personally seen using them were from your guild!) but I think the rest of the stuff you said was pretty spot on.

I admit to using MySEQ which I use for two things:

1.) My play time is mostly used for farming on Mortalquest, so I use the program to quickly farm pegasus cloaks, jboots, and other triggered spawns, it maximizes my output and I don't have to spend a great deal of time in a zone and risk being jumped at 10% mana as I'm kiting quill.

2.) Since I was farming, I was very vulnerable to ganking so the program was useful because it allowed me to detect other cheaters. For example, a level 45 shaman zones into Chardok, and makes a B-line to my location, which allows me to assume he's using the same program to hunt me down since chardok isn't a small zone with common camps he probably wouldn't know where I was by doing a /who.

I mean I don't have any proof that other people cheated aside from my own statement, but if I had fraps recording my SEQ screen, I could show you several players not in my guild making moves towards players without ever having a tracker or using any spells.

nalkin
10-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Generally everquest doesn't really require any skill both on p99 and this server. Its a social game, its not like a FPS. What people are mistaking for skill is leveling first and figuring out what to exploit on the server, because there were alot of unbalanced things that you could exploit like the mage epic.

I guess, though, you could say it took some skill to use showeq or macroquest cause I tried installing showeq so I wouldn't get ganked but I couldn't figure out how to get it to run and i'd imagine macroquest is even harder.

Koota
10-20-2010, 06:23 AM
It was fun while it lasted, for me. But the PvP mechanics on the server are beyond botched. As a wizard using Okiel's Levity (Levitate & DS), I got raped by a necro pet. That's it. Just a pet. For some reason, damage shields break root in PvP (wtf?), and that in addition to channeling of spells being all sorts of whacked out, I couldn't root and get away from one. single. necro. pet. So I raged quit. Not leveling back up to 50. But other than the little broken shit like that, it was pretty fun. Wizard nukes are seriously OP, though.