PDA

View Full Version : Any guilds out there for casuals?

Fame
05-14-2015, 06:53 PM
If ya know me from forumquest ya know the story. If not:

I'm one of the top casual players on red99. Not top in skill or anything like that, top in the sense that I probably play less than most for a majority of the year. I have a life ect. I do get some good time in durring the winter months though, and have some hopes of getting to play a bit more regularly when Velious comes out.

Aside from that, I play in binges, a strong 4 day weekend once a month and a few times a week if I can find the time.

This makes me good for little more than conversation. :o

What I bring to the table:

I have a level 60 mage with CoTH (willing to camp that somewhere to help with raids/pvp ect.)

I am not sure if I will main this class. I have other interests, mainly pvp that I carry out on an extensive set of alts across the level ranges. You might know one of them: Romeo. My level 49 wizard that I do quite a bit of pvp with.

I understand that a player not focused on getting to level 60 to grind raids for hours on end is not the most desireable recruit. I hope you will see past this and consider me viable for part-time casual membership in one of the many guilds on Red99.

I'm pretty good at forumquest and ms paint so if you want to see spin, let me roll.

I'm generally liked by most players, this works well during tense times.

I enjoy leveling - I play a lot of classes to random levels and leave them. I think this would help in a casual setting where new recruits need help with that initial grind. If I'm not out ganking on my wiz I could easily see myself helping to facilitate group experience for the guild.

I'm an ideas guy - I'm fairly creative and have a long history with MMO gaming. I've lead guilds on other games and really did well in that position because I was able to create events that brought the guilds together.

I enjoy being a part of something - I am totally ok with not being #1 I am all about the group, whoever and whereever that may be. I get the most out of EQ when a group of us are making gains or just having fun.

I do have my flaws:

Connection status - I live in the sticks and lag like a motherfucker sometimes. This makes large scale anything pretty much impossible. I start running into problems with more than 25 people in the raid.

Not a dedicated presence - I just wont be able to play on a regular basis. Sorry, that RL.

Not a beta player - I'm not gonna spend my days porting hoes around just because I have a wizard. I'll do this if needed and requested by leadership but probably not most of the time. People main porters, I play one so potential PvP is only a cast away. I will almost never log off whatever character I'm on to do a single port, even if I'm the only option.

Lack of knowledge - I'm not a career level EQ player, I know some of the basics and that's about it. I don't know much about PvE but I'm a pretty quick learner and a total team player.

I think that's about it. If this post was TL;DR I do not have any interest in joining your guild.

I'll be logging on for a multi day binge in about 5 hours from now.

Attached a poll for laughs, it's multi-choice and public.

daasgoot
05-14-2015, 06:58 PM
fame im not sure i understand the purpose of this post.

all guilds are recruiting.. just pick one :D

Fame
05-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Casual awareness week Goot :D

tbh I'm hoping for some sleeper no-name guild and maybe even a pm from a lurker only forumquester.

Someone might have a group of pals that can only play one weekend a month. I would guild with them.

Fame
05-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Maybe there are others like me haha, I'm down for whatever, even if that means starting a guild that only plays when there is a quorum lol

Dare to dream!

pink grapefruit
05-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Fresh would take you, and Empire says pretty unconvincingly in their thread that they recruit casuals. Think The Curse is the other main guild.

Just talk to some of them in game maybe!

Exed
05-14-2015, 09:59 PM
You trying to leave your suave home? DA fuq. Close this thread. Fame has gone nuts

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-14-2015, 10:26 PM
Come to fresh. Alfernatively the curse and friends have some pretty preemo members

Uuruk
05-16-2015, 02:53 AM
It seems like curse may fit you best. You seemed to have stopped leveling at 49 to avoid level 60 pvp.

iiNGloriouS
05-16-2015, 05:53 AM
I have a level 60 mage with CoTH (willing to camp that somewhere to help with raids/pvp ect.)

When the fuck did this happen. And why didn't you tell me Famepal? WE COULD'VE ROAMED NORRATH TOGETHER.

Jk worst 60 class, but I am slowly outlevelling Romeo on Trauer :/

For all intents and purposes, I will always wish ya luck on whatever endeavor unlike half these psychos.

Slathar
05-16-2015, 11:53 AM
BURN IN HELL YOU ROTTEN BASTARD

JOIN EMPIRE

jeffd
05-16-2015, 12:41 PM
dear journal

2day i wrote an essay on the elf forum

i hope they like it :o :o

Fame
05-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Dear journal, I miss jeff